+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dogs poop in Alignement with Earths Magnetic Field.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Theseus's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Dogs poop in Alignement with Earths Magnetic Field.

Well, next time you see your dog doing the age old spinning ritual, you know what's he/she is really doing :-)

http://www.frontiersinzoology.com/co.../1/80/abstract

Introduction
    Several mammalian species spontaneously align their body axis with respect to the Earth's magnetic field (MF) lines in diverse behavioral contexts. Magnetic alignment is a suitable paradigm to scan for the occurrence of magnetosensitivity across animal taxa with the heuristic potential to contribute to the understanding of the mechanism of magnetoreception and identify further functions of magnetosensation apart from navigation. With this in mind we searched for signs of magnetic alignment in dogs. We measured the direction of the body axis in 70 dogs of 37 breeds during defecation (1,893 observations) and urination (5,582 observations) over a two-year period. After complete sampling, we sorted the data according to the geomagnetic conditions prevailing during the respective sampling periods. Relative declination and intensity changes of the MF during the respective dog walks were calculated from daily magnetograms. Directional preferences of dogs under different MF conditions were analyzed and tested by means of circular statistics.

Results
    Dogs preferred to excrete with the body being aligned along the North-south axis under calm MF conditions. This directional behavior was abolished under Unstable MF. The best predictor of the behavioral switch was the rate of change in declination, i.e., polar orientation of the MF.

Lol i laughed when i saw this, im not one for poop humor but this is just funny haha : ]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking used when we created them, Strive not to be a successful individual, Rather an individual of value ~~~~ Albert Einstein

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Theseus For This Post:

Azt (5th February 2014), Becky (5th February 2014), christian (5th February 2014), Ellisa (6th February 2014), hohoemi (5th February 2014), jsb_swampfox (6th February 2014), Nasu (6th February 2014), Realeyes (5th February 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (6th February 2014), Sérénité (5th February 2014), Soulboy (5th February 2014), Spiral of Light (5th February 2014), Star Tsar (5th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014), Wind (5th February 2014), yiolas (5th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,055 times in 868 posts

Default Re: Dogs poop in Alignement with Earths Magnetic Field.

This could actually be a lifesaver if ever lost in the wilderness...wait for a bear having a poop
    💫 🌎 If you can see through the illusion,
    you are part of the solution 🌍 💫

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sérénité For This Post:

christian (5th February 2014), Ellisa (6th February 2014), Nasu (6th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (5th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Foolish spending?? Don't get me started! Never mind, you already did.

Here's my start-

"#3 If you can believe it, the U.S. government has spent $175,587 “to determine if cocaine makes Japanese quail engage in sexually risky behavior”.

#8 The federal government once spent 30 million dollars on a program that was designed to help Pakistani farmers produce more mangos.

#13 The U.S. government once spent 2.6 million dollars to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly.

And my all time favorite that has stuck with me over the years!

$117,000 to figure out that some women, do Not like to Iron clothse!!

Here's the web-site that I found this stuff on. Enjoy, or not. chuckle chuckle.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...nding-money-on
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

christian (5th February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Spiral of Light's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 times in 163 posts

I always wondered what that circling around to find the right spot was all about. Very interesting.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Post:

christian (5th February 2014), Ellisa (6th February 2014), Wind (6th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

This came far too late to show the Awesome Pug who approached his bodily functions with the same degree of insouciance that he approached everything! Just go, definitely pointing anywhere, no target practice. Maybe his own personal magnetism was stronger that the Earth's. Yes, that's probable.

Pug owners will understand.

PS. I was told the circling was an historic trait--- it tramples the grass so that the dog (wolf) can keep an eye on predators, or prey.
    Last edited by Ellisa; 6th February 2014 at 00:28.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

sheme (6th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

My Dogs don't circle before poop they circle before sleep.

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

lol they circle to make sure there are no snakes going to bite their sensitive bits whilst otherwise engaged.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

PurpleLama (6th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread