+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All photos of Bin Laden ordered to be destroyed by military

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Default All photos of Bin Laden ordered to be destroyed by military

Eleven days after the 2011 US elite forces raid that resulted in the killing of Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden, the head of US special operations ordered the destruction of all photos of the corpse or for them to be given to the CIA, new evidence shows.

The disclosure was revealed Monday in an email obtained and released by non-profit legal group Judicial Watch via a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request. The heavily-redacted email was sent by Admiral William McRaven, head of US Special Operations Command, to subordinate officers on May 13, 2011, instructing them that any remaining photos of Bin Laden’s body must be destroyed or handed over to the CIA. Bin Laden was killed on May 2, 2011 at his compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, by the special operations team commonly known as Seal Team Six during Operation Neptune Spear.

In the email, addressed to “Gentlemen,” McRaven wrote, “One particular item that I want to emphasize is photos; particularly UBLs [Usama Bin Laden, as US military referred to him] remains. At this point – all photos should have been turned over to the CIA; if you still have them destroy them immediately or get them to the [redacted].”

The order to purge the photos came 11 days after the conservative government transparency organization Judicial Watch filed a FOIA request with the Defense Department seeking “all photographs and/or video recordings of Usama Bin Laden taken during and/or after the U.S. military operation in Pakistan on or about May 1, 2011.”

Judicial Watch finally accessed the McRaven email as a result of a June 7, 2013 FOIA request and a subsequent lawsuit against the Defense Department that sought the materials.

The group notes that the first time McRaven’s order was mentioned came during a 2011 draft report by the Pentagon’s inspector general focusing on any special treatment afforded to filmmakers working on “Zero Dark Thirty,” the award-winning 2012 film about the hunt for bin Laden after the September 11, 2001 attacks. No mention of the order was made in the inspector general’s final report.

Judicial Watch eventually filed FOIA lawsuits against both the Defense Department and the CIA, arguing that federal law prohibits the “concealment, removal, or mutilation generally” of government records.

The group’s efforts to compel any photos or documents related to Bin Laden’s death failed in both a district court and an appeals court after the US government argued that the photos must remain secret. A subsequent request for review was denied by the Supreme Court. During the litigation, the Pentagon maintained it had “no records responsive to plaintiff’s request.”

The Pentagon’s office of general counsel responded to Judicial Watch’s request for the purge order records in a Jan.uary 31, 2014 letter, stating it was only able to locate one document, the heavily-blacked-out McRaven email.

“The McRaven ‘destroy them immediately’ email is a smoking gun, revealing both contempt for the rule of law and the American’s people right to know,” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said in a statement. “The Obama administration has tried to cover this scandal up – and our lawsuit exposed it. We demand further investigation of the effort to destroy documents about the bin Laden raid.”

The Associated Press notes that on May 3, 2011, one day after Judicial Watch’s FOIA request, it filed its own query with the Special Operations Command's Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Division in search of "copies of all e-mails sent from and to the US government account or accounts" of McRaven referencing the Al-Qaeda leader. AP received a response the following day, noting its request had been assigned for processing. However, AP never received a copy of the email obtained by Judicial Watch.

http://rt.com/usa/bin-laden-photos-destroyed-467/

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Abhaya For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2014), boja (11th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), cursichella1 (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Gardener (11th February 2014), Joseph McAree (11th February 2014), mountain_jim (11th February 2014), Möbius (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014), Octavusprime (15th February 2014), spiritwind (11th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: All photos of Bin Laden ordered to be destroyed by military

Which can only mean they don't want an analysis of the photos by more professional technology and future professional photo analysers. ie. like what happened to the JFK Zapruder photos, which now clearly show at least a half a dozen sophisticated edits, some of which defy the laws of physics (like no parallax view in one angle...) that can only have been done by the government at the time... Just more spit in the face of the American people by their own crime syndicate run government.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Abhaya (11th February 2014), boja (11th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Gardener (11th February 2014), Möbius (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014), Selene (11th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

That entire operation stinks very badly, and the fact that the whole team ..so-called special Seal unit 6 all perished in copter crash
    sometime later (at least that is what i recall) is monstrous in its tacit irony...and the 'D.C' crew all sitting watching the action on the wide screen T.V, all too grotesque

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Abhaya (11th February 2014), boja (11th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Gardener (11th February 2014), Möbius (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014), Selene (11th February 2014), spiritwind (11th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member Brodie75's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GalaxyHorse (here)
    That entire operation stinks very badly, and the fact that the whole team ..so-called special Seal unit 6 all perished in copter crash
    sometime later (at least that is what i recall) is monstrous in its tacit irony...and the 'D.C' crew all sitting watching the action on the wide screen T.V, all too grotesque
    Do you know for sure that SEAL team 6 were killed, because although i heard the same story i wasn't sure if it was a verified fact or a "conspiracy theory".
    In regards to the whole BinLaden story i myself have very grave doubts about it's truthfulness.
    The photo in particular seemed quite fake to me.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brodie75 For This Post:

Abhaya (11th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Gardener (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member swoods_blue's Avatar
    Thanks

Brodie, they were definitely reported as killed. Here's parts of that story from a few sources:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/seal-team-6/
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/31...hal-seal-crash
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-seal-team-6/

Obviously, scanning through these and other stories about the Seal Team leave you with more questions than answers. If so many members of the team were shot down in Afghanistan shortly after the bin Laden raid, one wonders how so many have also survived to make news in other ways (reprimanded for books written, for aiding video-game makers, etc.). The Congressional investigation is based in part on suspicions on the right that the Seals had a "target" on their back after VP Biden lauded them for their participation in the raids, and in part on suspicions that someone tipped off the Afghans as to when and where that chopper would be.

And none of this even touches on the persistent questions about whether bin Laden was even killed when and where the official story says he was. Benazhir Bhutto, you may remember, said on camera years earlier that bin Laden had been killed.

So I don't know if anyone knows anything for sure Brodie.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to swoods_blue For This Post:

Abhaya (11th February 2014), Brodie75 (11th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014), Selene (11th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

This would be hilarious if not so sick, the US military scared of a photograph not to
    offend muslim allies, or stir up anti Americanism, I think Not !!

Of course all side can play mind games with their respective populations.

The Bogeyman has done his job as we enter the Drone Age....

http://www.occupy.com/article/hearts...one-strike-age

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its obviously to close the chapter on one of their most effective assets...

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 11th February 2014 at 14:58.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Abhaya (11th February 2014), Brodie75 (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Gardener (11th February 2014), Möbius (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member Brodie75's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by swoods_blue (here)
    Brodie, they were definitely reported as killed. Here's parts of that story from a few sources:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/seal-team-6/
    http://thehill.com/homenews/house/31...hal-seal-crash
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-seal-team-6/

Obviously, scanning through these and other stories about the Seal Team leave you with more questions than answers. If so many members of the team were shot down in Afghanistan shortly after the bin Laden raid, one wonders how so many have also survived to make news in other ways (reprimanded for books written, for aiding video-game makers, etc.). The Congressional investigation is based in part on suspicions on the right that the Seals had a "target" on their back after VP Biden lauded them for their participation in the raids, and in part on suspicions that someone tipped off the Afghans as to when and where that chopper would be.

And none of this even touches on the persistent questions about whether bin Laden was even killed when and where the official story says he was. Benazhir Bhutto, you may remember, said on camera years earlier that bin Laden had been killed.

So I don't know if anyone knows anything for sure Brodie.
    Thanks for the links Swoods i'll read them with interest. I do remember watching a 60minutes tv interview with one of
    the supposed Seal members,who had to wear a disguise.
    I'm sorry for replying before reading through the links you kindley supplied for me but i just remembered that interview
    and wondering at the time if he was really a part of the Seal team or just more MSM propoganda.
    Maybe he was an actor
    Last edited by Brodie75; 11th February 2014 at 15:03.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brodie75 For This Post:

Abhaya (11th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Möbius (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

Just saw this on Davids site a bit coincidental in view of my above post......

British drone strikes in Afghanistan using borrowed US drones revealed – strikes
    not reported to Parliament

Tuesday 11th February 2014 at 03:15 By David Icke

‘The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has admitted that British RAF pilots have borrowed
    USAF Reaper drones more than 250 times in Afghanistan, launching weapons on at
    least 39 occasions. However the numbers of strikes by RAF pilots using US Reapers
    drones is likely to be higher as the MoD are keeping secret the number of weapons
    launches by RAF pilots when they have been officially embedded with the USAF.

The revelations come in a much delayed response to a Freedom of Information
    request by Drone Wars UK.

Although defence ministers have reported several times in the House of Commons
    on weapons launched by British Reaper drones in Afghanistan, the strikes by RAF
    pilots using USAF drones have gone completely unreported. For example on 12
    November 2012 Labour MP David Anderson asked the MoD to give details of “how
    many unmanned aerial vehicle strikes have been conducted by the UK since
    operations commenced in Afghanistan.” Replying on behalf of the MoD, Defence
    Minister Andrew Robathan stated:’

Read more: British drone strikes in Afghanistan using borrowed US drones revealed – strikes not reported to Parliament

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/

http://dronewars.net/2014/02/07/brit...to-parliament/

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Abhaya (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Gardener (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Load of tosh if you ask me. All credible evidence points to him dying from some internal issues around 2001 to 2002. That aside though, following the conventional story, he goes undergrownd at this time. So he goes dark, so to speak, posting irregular videos against the US and her allies and ostensibly directing world wild mayhem via runners to his key staff. So, over the time from then till now we have been engaged in various overseas adventures from Africa, the middle east around to the stans, securing our interests and delivering peace.

All this time he is enemy number one, the boogy man, for want of a better expression, not to mention a wonderful recruitment tool. So we find him, just in time for reelections, so the story goes. We send in our top team to extract him, from friendly allied territory, but they bungle it, someone shoots the big O rather than capturing him, so they extract his wives, his hard-drive, his memoirs and his body.

It's seen as somehow improper to post a picture of his dead body, although we have all just witnessed Gadafy at his end and who could forget Saddams last moments, captured for all to see... But a picture does get out, one always does right?

Wrong, after only a few hours after posting it, a reasercher with Roiters discovered that it was a photoshop job on an earlier picture of the big O, when he was alive. The reasercher discovered that a composite had been made by an unnamed photoshoper of the the bottom of the big O's face, his beard, then pasted onto this a squashed dead guy's brow and head. Roiters quickly posted their findings and called out the fake. That was the only picture to have ever leaked to the surface.

So meanwhile, most of the team sent on this balls up, die on route to somewhere in a chinook accident. Luckily for the consumer, two made it out alive, one wrote a book the other helped work on the movie... Is anyone still buying any of this?

Lucky for the intelligence community within his hard-drive and memoirs he maps out just how he did it, how he got away with it for so long, as well as future targets that he may have already sent out as plans.. Don't forget we also discovered a ton of weed at his house, the big O was also a big time, hard core pot head, albeit a closet one. So that's what can happen to pot head kids, just say no..

So this latest about no pics coming out is just their last hussar at making it look like there was actually something to hide, other than just the farce of this story.. A big load of tosh... N

Ps. I forgot to mention the best bit, they gave him a seamans funeral, from an aircraft carrier no less, so to avoid creating a tomb or icon for radicals who would create in him a martyr against our interests... Course they did.... Trust us...
    Last edited by Nasu; 11th February 2014 at 18:59.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Brodie75 (12th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), ulli (12th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Quote Posted by Nasu (here)
    Load of tosh if you ask me.
    Now you just made me smirk with this message! The "funniest" part of of the whole thing is actually that so many people believed that story! Just like they believe that the official 9/11 story! I'm trying to believe that most of the people would be intelligent on planet Earth, but I think that I am just fooling myself. I mean, some things are just so obvious, how can you not question all the lies?

Like this picture isn't staged at all... I'm actually willing to bet that they were really just watching one of Miley Cyrus's videos.
    Last edited by Wind; 11th February 2014 at 19:09.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Brodie75 (12th February 2014), Cidersomerset (11th February 2014), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Möbius (11th February 2014), Nasu (11th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

How can you photograph a dead body that doesn't exist?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), Nasu (12th February 2014), Wind (12th February 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Load of tosh if you ask me. All credible evidence points to him dying from some internal issues around 2001 to 2002. That aside though, following the conventional story, he goes undergrownd at this time. So he goes dark, so to speak, posting irregular videos against the US and her allies and ostensibly directing world wild mayhem via runners to his key staff. So, over the time from then till now we have been engaged in various overseas adventures from Africa, the middle east around to the stans, securing our interests and delivering peace.

All this time he is enemy number one, the boogy man, for want of a better expression, not to mention a wonderful recruitment tool. So we find him, just in time for reelections, so the story goes. We send in our top team to extract him, from friendly allied territory, but they bungle it, someone shoots the big O rather than capturing him, so they extract his wives, his hard-drive, his memoirs and his body.

It's seen as somehow improper to post a picture of his dead body, although we have all just witnessed Gadafy at his end and who could forget Saddams last moments, captured for all to see... But a picture does get out, one always does right?

Wrong, after only a few hours after posting it, a reasercher with Roiters discovered that it was a photoshop job on an earlier picture of the big O, when he was alive. The reasercher discovered that a composite had been made by an unnamed photoshoper of the the bottom of the big O's face, his beard, then pasted onto this a squashed dead guy's brow and head. Roiters quickly posted their findings and called out the fake. That was the only picture to have ever leaked to the surface.

So meanwhile, most of the team sent on this balls up, die on route to somewhere in a chinook accident. Luckily for the consumer, two made it out alive, one wrote a book the other helped work on the movie... Is anyone still buying any of this?

Lucky for the intelligence community within his hard-drive and memoirs he maps out just how he did it, how he got away with it for so long, as well as future targets that he may have already sent out as plans.. Don't forget we also discovered a ton of weed at his house, the big O was also a big time, hard core pot head, albeit a closet one. So that's what can happen to pot head kids, just say no..

So this latest about no pics coming out is just their last hussar at making it look like there was actually something to hide, other than just the farce of this story.. A big load of tosh... N

Ps. I forgot to mention the best bit, they gave him a seamans funeral, from an aircraft carrier no less, so to avoid creating a tomb or icon for radicals who would create in him a martyr against our interests... Course they did.... Trust us...
    Thanks, Nasu. The laugh of the day!

Dennis

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Nasu (12th February 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member swoods_blue's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone think that all these bigwigs were sitting around the conference table with their laptops turned off?

At the least, the content of the screens was "redacted" from the photos. So you know the image has been 'shopped at least to that extent. Or did they turn off the laptops before inviting the photog into the room?

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Now you just made me smirk with this message! The "funniest" part of of the whole thing is actually that so many people believed that story! Just like they believe that the official 9/11 story! I'm trying to believe that most of the people would be intelligent on planet Earth, but I think that I am just fooling myself. I mean, some things are just so obvious, how can you not question all the lies?

Like this picture isn't staged at all... I'm actually willing to bet that they were really just watching one of Miley Cyrus's videos.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to swoods_blue For This Post:

Nasu (12th February 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by swoods_blue (here)
    Anyone think that all these bigwigs were sitting around the conference table with their laptops turned off?

At the least, the content of the screens was "redacted" from the photos. So you know the image has been 'shopped at least to that extent. Or did they turn off the laptops before inviting the photog into the room?

Quote Posted by Wind (here)

I bet it was the one starring Beyonce' and Michelle. Heh Heh

+ Reply to Thread