+ Reply to Thread

Thread: meditation for spirtuality

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Default meditation for spirtuality

hello. i have recently decided that i want to start my spirtual journey . many people have suggested that i should learn meditation. i have thought about this and it makes alot of sense. I want to learn meditation and i see some good books/ videos on amazon.com
    does anyone have any suggestions on learning meditation.

thanks

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pumashared For This Post:

ghostrider (15th February 2014), Joseph McAree (14th February 2014), mahalall (15th February 2014), S-L (15th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,344 times in 205 posts

Default Re: meditation for spirtuality

You can simply sit down on a chair or cross legged on the floor. Get comfortable. Take a deep breath, hold it to 10 then exhale slowly. Do this 5 times all the while trying to calm mind and body. Next, become aware of your breathing. Watch yourself breathe in and breathe out naturally. Don't try to force it, just breathe as you would normally breathe. Try to keep your attention on your breath. When a thought comes, just bring your attention back to watching your breath. Don't berate yourself if you find you're attention has wandered and you are thinking about something. Always bring your attention back to your breath. It is your anchor. At first try to do it for 10 minutes and when you get used to 10 minutes you can add 5 more and so on.

This is a very easy basic way to meditate. There are many many other ways but the goal of all is to calm your thoughts and sharpen your one pointed awareness so that you can experience Oneness. This happens when all thoughts cease and you meld into the Creator.

Good luck. You are starting on a lifetime journey back to your true self.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ioneo For This Post:

CarnageCandy (14th February 2014), Chip (14th February 2014), Frederick Jackson (14th February 2014), ghostrider (15th February 2014), pumashared (16th February 2014), superconsciousness (14th February 2014), Violet (24th July 2014), Wind (14th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Yes, try the quietest most obscure place with sunlight bringing energy to the room, yet not sitting directly in it to allow for darkness under the eyelids. Through the nose, breathe into the abdominal area, hold for a few, and exhale through mouth slowly and push those stomach muscles up to exhale the most carbon in the breath, as we always get used to leaving a 3rd of carbon dioxide made in the body. I usually use 5-11 deep in and outs for maximum relaxation with the hands resting on the knees that are crossed.

Godspeed on your quest for the journey of meditational relaxation.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

pumashared (16th February 2014), Violet (24th July 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Chip's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,497 times in 466 posts

You won't venture far getting help with meditation. The excellent advise above amongst all the info on the Internet.
    My advise:
    During meditation take mental note of the 'monkey mind'. Remember that this same element exists in a constant state outside of meditation. (If you don't know what this is, look it up. But know you soon will become acquainted either way.)

The inability during initial practice of meditation to break thru 'monkey mind'. Often leads people to quit. I hear people say ' I just can't do it'. When you find yourself at this phase, you must not quit.

Ultimately during this, and after a while you will begin to see the reality that exists outside of the pre conditioned constructs that we have been conditioned to believe. This will give you moments of joy so immense that the urge to continue this brave path will no longer seem like a chore.
    Last edited by Chip; 14th February 2014 at 14:26.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chip For This Post:

pumashared (16th February 2014), Wind (14th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

First Meditation is of the Know your Breath!
    Just concentrate on your breathing and so:
    become calm,
    become energized,
    become healthy,
    become breath and so forget the clutter and chatter of your mind and body.

The above will work for you and give you a greater foundation for other types of Meditation that will follow on.
    Love and Hugs
    Alan
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

ghostrider (15th February 2014), pumashared (16th February 2014), Wind (14th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Quote Posted by Ioneo (here)
    You can simply sit down on a chair or cross legged on the floor. Get comfortable. Take a deep breath, hold it to 10 then exhale slowly. Do this 5 times all the while trying to calm mind and body. Next, become aware of your breathing. Watch yourself breathe in and breathe out naturally. Don't try to force it, just breathe as you would normally breathe. Try to keep your attention on your breath. When a thought comes, just bring your attention back to watching your breath. Don't berate yourself if you find you're attention has wandered and you are thinking about something. Always bring your attention back to your breath. It is your anchor. At first try to do it for 10 minutes and when you get used to 10 minutes you can add 5 more and so on.

This is a very easy basic way to meditate. There are many many other ways but the goal of all is to calm your thoughts and sharpen your one pointed awareness so that you can experience Oneness. This happens when all thoughts cease and you meld into the Creator.

Good luck. You are starting on a lifetime journey back to your true self.
    yes breath , try and keep your mind empty , and focus on your breath , stray thoughts are foreign , keep cell phones , tvs , radios , all off during your meditation time ... anything that distracts you , block it out and return to focus on your breathing , deeply but in a natural way ... this IMO is real meditation ...this process builds psi abilites/energy ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

pumashared (16th February 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United Arab Emirates Avalon Member mahalall's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,949 times in 591 posts

coming home to your fluxing biorythm of mass-
    coming home to your presence and within-beyond the elements of earth and space,
    coming home to your friends you too share that sublety of time and place.

sitting in/expansively comes with practice and time,
    a little guidence-structure will help the seedling grow
    i've not sat in the presence of Jack Cornfield but did find his writings and sudsequently the teachers he investigated to be most helpful.

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 times in 318 posts

The Meditation group on this very forum has some excellent information! Just go to the Groups tab at the top of this page, and join up

15. The Following User Says Thank You to loungelizard For This Post:

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,835 times in 413 posts

Quote Posted by pumashared (here)
    hello. i have recently decided that i want to start my spirtual journey . many people have suggested that i should learn meditation. i have thought about this and it makes alot of sense. I want to learn meditation and i see some good books/ videos on amazon.com
    does anyone have any suggestions on learning meditation.

thanks
    Congratulations on taking this important step in your journey! I have been a Steps to Knowledge student for 3 years and cannot recommend it enough. Thankfully, it is completely free, so you do not have to purchase anything from Amazon. It is a 365 Step program, one done every day, that will help you reconnect to your inner source of truth, what some call Higher Self or Spirit or Christ Consciousness or Buddha Nature or Knowledge. I am still a beginner, but I can attest that it is transforming me both internally and externally.

"Taking the steps to Knowledge ... will teach you how to listen within yourself. They will teach you how to become patient and observant. They will help you to settle down and become less restless. They will relieve you of your anxiety, which drives you constantly in life. They will enable you to experience your deeper feelings and emotions and to forgive those individuals and those circumstances that you feel have wounded you in the past. Now you are learning to listen, and you are listening for the deeper current of your life. Now you are listening to others. This listening is so important because people need to be heard. Even the person ranting at the railway station who seems to be mad and crazy, even they are trying to be heard, and no one will listen to them. They are trying to be heard. And they are trying to be heard because they need recognition—not for who they think they are, not for their ideas, but for who they really are underneath all of that."
    -
    The Steps to Knowledge Spiritual Practice: Hear your Spirit. Taking the steps to Knowledge ... will teach you how to listen within yourself.
    -
    The Great Waves of Change: Are you ready for what's to come?
    -
    The Best Alien Disclosure Information Around: "Though the visitors have a superior technology, the success of their entire mission rests upon their ability to persuade and to encourage human allegiance. You have the power to resist this."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to S-L For This Post:

18. Link to Post #10
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Sacred silence meditation, you tube. Best place to start.

Enjoy

N

+ Reply to Thread