+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Life After Food - Soylent

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,882 times in 4,415 posts

Default Life After Food - Soylent

This thought provoking short documentary about a young man venturing into the world of future generations of possible food shortages/supplementation and his friend who opted to survive on Soylent soley for 30 days. The name of his company "Soylent" was inspired by the movie titled "Soylent Green.

Food for thought.

Soylent Green Trailer

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

carryattune (23rd February 2014), naste.de.lumina (20th February 2014), ulli (20th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,167 times in 1,149 posts

Default Re: Life After Food - Soylent

Be careful of the 'false beliefs' that the video throws in....
    1... Organic farming will not feed a growing population
    really? Where is the link in understanding to the planet from which our bodies are made? Where is the understanding of how a very tiny amount of organic (especially biodynamic agriculture which takes into account the effects of the stars and astrology) food can be so filling that less than a cup at a meal is too much to finish.

2.... Did you notice how he very quickly glossed over the ingredients which included canola oil? If you read up on canola oil you will find that it is extremely toxic to the human body and is a waste product of the plastic industry. Because it is so toxic it causes obesity... the body can't use it for fuel or building cells, and it is very difficult for liver to detoxify so it is stored in body tissue.

OK... so I haven't listened to the entire film and I've decided not to. When I find this level of lying and untruth in the first few minutes of a film then I know it is information I want to avoid.

I say... listen to this with your eyes wide open... Research everything that is said... and be careful what programming you are receiving.

And finally, it really is possible to live as breatharians. More and more children are being born with this ability and many adults have 're-aquired' this ability. There are even entire intentional communities which are breatharian. So if we truly ever run out of food then there is no problem for the survival of mankind. There are threads here on Avalon about this topic if you'd like to find out more.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Amanda (22nd February 2014), carryattune (23rd February 2014), Kimberley (20th February 2014), Richard S. (21st February 2014), Sidney (20th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Be careful of the 'false beliefs' that the video throws in....
    1... Organic farming will not feed a growing population
    really? Where is the link in understanding to the planet from which our bodies are made? Where is the understanding of how a very tiny amount of organic (especially biodynamic agriculture which takes into account the effects of the stars and astrology) food can be so filling that less than a cup at a meal is too much to finish.

2.... Did you notice how he very quickly glossed over the ingredients which included canola oil? If you read up on canola oil you will find that it is extremely toxic to the human body and is a waste product of the plastic industry. Because it is so toxic it causes obesity... the body can't use it for fuel or building cells, and it is very difficult for liver to detoxify so it is stored in body tissue.

OK... so I haven't listened to the entire film and I've decided not to. When I find this level of lying and untruth in the first few minutes of a film then I know it is information I want to avoid.

I say... listen to this with your eyes wide open... Research everything that is said... and be careful what programming you are receiving.

And finally, it really is possible to live as breatharians. More and more children are being born with this ability and many adults have 're-aquired' this ability. There are even entire intentional communities which are breatharian. So if we truly ever run out of food then there is no problem for the survival of mankind. There are threads here on Avalon about this topic if you'd like to find out more.

Hi Dawn, If you had watched it to the end, you would have heard, that they know there is a long way to go before anything like this is the food of the future, and I am not advertising the product, in fact it looks and sounds disgusting. But my take, is that the ultimate idea for "further down the road" when/if there are indeed major food shortages, and in my neck of the woods it is already happening. If you get to the stores too late on weekend, there is hardly any organic food to be found. Yes really. I think it is a good idea to start thinking of ways to supplement, regular food with concentrated superfoods (and the like). IMO, his product is far from any superfood, and I won't touch canola with a ten foot pole either, I am glad you mentioned that because I meant to. And did you see the RAT??????

I just thought it was an interesting take, regarding generations after mine, realistically thinking about how to deal with possible way to endure life on this planet, if you cannot afford a regular diet, and many people can't. And if the chemtrailing doesn't stop,(which is a very real possibility) it will not be long before it is next to impossible to grow anything edible that is not GMO.

I think if we can get people to think along the lines of this kind of supplementation, then it is a stepping stone to getting minds open to the sun eating and breatharianism. (sorry if I mis spelled that).
    Last edited by Sidney; 20th February 2014 at 21:10.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

carryattune (23rd February 2014), Dawn (21st February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Denmark Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

GMO crops are polluting neighboring organic food fields so they can no longer be sold as organic.

The more GMO crops and trees that are planted, the less organic will survive. Unless people grow organic inside buildings with no outside contact to fresh air, ordinary rain or ground water, - we will stop having organic foods all together. In fact it becomes the property of Monsanto and those like them.

A crisis is already happening. Most animals as a food source would also be dangerous for our health because of GMO as well as the levels of medicine in them which has been a problem for years. Right now the avalanche is small but it is growing exponentially.

EDIT:

Watching the video on the product it is clear that it's a scam like the diet powders. I would never eat that. Yuck! And as already stated: Unhealthy. Maltodextrin also. Nope.

The young man goes on to say that things from nature are bad for us. He claims that people think "Just because something comes from nature it's going to be the best" which he thinks is clearly wrong.

So... are we heading into a scary future? YES. Would I ever drink his fake goo? No. Not ever. I'd rather just be fasting on water.
    Last edited by Ealiss; 20th February 2014 at 21:22.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

Amanda (22nd February 2014), carryattune (23rd February 2014), Dawn (11th March 2014), Jackson (20th February 2014), Sidney (20th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Ealiss,I agree!!!! And I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I truly feel we are very near the tipping point, if not already past that point. I don't happened to have a yard of my own for gardening, but I try to grow stuff in pots as much as possible, but between the crap falling in the rain, and the crap in the tap water that we irrigate with, it has become more an more difficult to reap the benefits of my efforts. I spent more money last year trying to keep my plants alive, then if I had just purchased already grown food at the market. This is a very real crisis. There is a town plot where people can grow their gardens. I drive past it daily. Last year, it was a major failure. People were always out there trying their best to grow and maintain their plants, but the plants all looked horrible. So I am not the only one having problems with this.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Amanda (22nd February 2014), carryattune (23rd February 2014), Dawn (11th March 2014), Ealiss (20th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Yes, that is another problem. I have been looking into hydrophonics but with simple trickling water from a container instead of using a motor but it's all on the drawing board. I am in an apartment so... Might not be able to. I am also trying to figure out what to do.

We are caught between a rock and a hard place.

And I agree that we are already headed into the "storm". GMO is already a fact and in our food chain. I heard Clif High mention April 21-23rd as a possible date for the money situation to go bad. When that hits us too (America first but it echoes all over the world) we are getting a double-whammo.

My spirit guides have been telling me to calm down as things will be gradual.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

Amanda (22nd February 2014), carryattune (23rd February 2014), Dawn (11th March 2014), Sidney (20th February 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Another PS: I would not feel bad if people started burning the GMO crops in the fields. Many different reasons; both that it taints the neighbors crops and makes it worthless, and also that it removes the neighbors rights to his own crops, which is wrong. So in self defense... I would not blame farmers - or anyone else, if they snuck out and sent a remotely steered little firecracker in there.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

Amanda (22nd February 2014), carryattune (23rd February 2014), Dawn (11th March 2014), Sidney (20th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Dawn I think you might be slightly confused on the canola oil. It's actually refined from rapeseed. They do use hexane in the refining process (and that is used in plastic manufacturing) so maybe the confusion???

Anyway... I do agree with that it's not good for the body. Natural seeds have erucic acid which is very toxic and food grade is GMO'ed to produce less than 2% which is supposed to not be an issue (yeah right LOL).

I do want to learn more about the breatharians... got some reading to do

Be safe, R2

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robertr2m For This Post:

Dawn (11th March 2014), Sidney (21st February 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,144 times in 1,683 posts

Our problems are not new, they are not few, they are small. Corporate farming is a major problem. Bottom line is all they care about, because they are owned by the world bank, through subsidiaries that are untracable, and have been in operation for more than 100 years. Our problems will not be solved without Devine intervention. A simple reboot of the planet, would take care of it quite nicely. chuckle chuckle. Good Luck.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Amanda (22nd February 2014), carryattune (23rd February 2014), Dawn (11th March 2014), Sidney (21st February 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    Our problems are not new, they are not few, they are small. Corporate farming is a major problem. Bottom line is all they care about, because they are owned by the world bank, through subsidiaries that are untracable, and have been in operation for more than 100 years. Our problems will not be solved without Devine intervention. A simple reboot of the planet, would take care of it quite nicely. chuckle chuckle. Good Luck.
    In a way that may be happening. "Divine Intervention". In that Earth is changing and that is both physically as she grows in size as well as the weather and the pole shift. Plus the change in frequency. If I understand the frequency change correctly it is a steady but relatively fast change, that will result in annoying people with a low, negative personal energy/frequency. As time passes it will annoy the cells and body of the negative frequency people to the point of extreme illness and death.

Sources for the frequency thing would be people like the intuitive Penney Pierce and the healer Chris Thomas. I know it is not headline news.

EDIT: I should perhaps link to Penney. This interview is hilarious in the intro, but I used to listen to her. I need to listen again, with what I know now.

Last edited by Ealiss; 21st February 2014 at 09:39.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ealiss For This Post:

Amanda (22nd February 2014), carryattune (23rd February 2014), Dawn (12th March 2014), Sidney (21st February 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,859 times in 904 posts

Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

carryattune (23rd February 2014), Sidney (23rd February 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 13th Warrior (here)
    Soylent Green is PEOPLE!!!
    EWWWWW............................................ ............................

I had NO idea. Geez.

+ Reply to Thread