+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Checkout - Season 2 :) Aussies look here!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

Default The Checkout - Season 2 :) Aussies look here!

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/thecheckout/

If you are not from Australia (i am unsure if they region lock the video's) try this link:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4pM_IU9s50s

If you have not heard about this... it's time you do!

Welcome to humerous education on your rights as a consumer

An example on what this episode highlights is:

Your rights regarding services

How credit card company's trick you into paying the most interest, while advertising that you will pay no interest.

Another guilty mum segment (how company's package stuff specifically for "babies" when they contain the exact same ingredients as the normal product, but generally come in much smaller sizes and cost 2-3x purely for having the word baby in it)

How we are being deliberately confuzed and deceived by "made in australia" and other logo's that imply the product would support australian owned businesses - when they do not.

The Internet - how with all "free" websites - you are the product - not the consumer - and how to protect yourself from having your private information and web habbits given to corporations (it also wakes people up a bit when they see all the tracking on them from the US Govt )

They also "Attack" company's and the government directly by showing/recapping on how they deliberately avoid things (like how many times the Australian Made logo's have been put up for review but declined because the government was worried about "significant costs to manufacturers" by having to put "clearer labelling on the product to indicate where the ingredients come from and where it was packaged"....) and how corporations use loopholes and deception to take advantage of you - and rip you off - complete with how to turn it back around on them.

Overall it's an excelent show - it educates you to how greedy and just plane evil company's (and the government) is - and how you can fight back. It also shows how the government works with corporations to look out for their best interest - and not yours (The Australian People's) interests - all whilst making it funny via satyre.

I think it's great to help people wake up because it focuses on very real things that everyone encounters on a day to day basis - and with how it exposes just what is being done behind the scenes - it raises serious eyebrows over how our country - and the world - is being run. Great down to earth and simple approach

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

bennycog (20th February 2014), Ellisa (21st February 2014), fourty-two (21st February 2014), Labrenthina (20th February 2014), Shikasta (20th February 2014), TraineeHuman (20th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

Default Re: The Checkout - Season 2 :) Aussies look here!

Hi Tigahawk,

I managed to catch an epiisode of this last week about 'superfoods' such ad goji berry, chia, etc. Wss actually quite informative, and I lvoed the way it is presented. Will keep my eye out for it.

Thanks for the reminder
    PVM
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Positive Vibe Merchant For This Post:

TigaHawk (20th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member Labrenthina's Avatar
    Thanks

The Check out is great, as TigaHawk said its comical yet education. Its even something you could get your kids to watch. Its very funny yet brilliant information!
    Another interesting one thats been around for ages but I have only just found it myself is 'Juice News' which I believe was started by a Melbourne Australia guy and a guy from Britain (unsure where). They do 'rap news' on issues. Might be able to get teenage kids to take an interest in issues with their funny approach as reporting in a rap song. https://youtube.com/watch?v=RM3W5XBrVEA

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Labrenthina For This Post:

Ellisa (21st February 2014), TigaHawk (20th February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member Labrenthina's Avatar
    Thanks

Speaking of the dodgy labeling laws, so glad they protect corporations and not the public and allow tin fruit containing LEAD to be on out supermarket shelves! So glad the governments and their endless regulations keep us citizens in our place not to upset the profit machines!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Labrenthina For This Post:

TigaHawk (20th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

yeah the segment about labelling stuff as aussie made did a great highlight about just how much of a joke/pissant effort the government has put into giving us clear and informative labells that are not misleading - and how much they give a damn (they dont care at all...)

all that you have to do after watching that is realise it's not incompitence that's causing those issue's - its deliberate and what they want it to be purely to protect corporate interest....

which is perfect at the moment - we need as many people to March in March as possible - getting them angry by seeing the govt is deliberately shafting them - not because of incompitence or mistakes - helps greatly with that.

I hope your all marching in march by the way http://marchinmarch.com.au/

Last edited by TigaHawk; 20th February 2014 at 23:28.

+ Reply to Thread