+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The CIA thinks you're all schmucks for posting all your info on Facebook!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default The CIA thinks you're all schmucks for posting all your info on Facebook!

I knew there was a reason why I never joined Facebook. Had a bad feeling about it.
    Hear what the CIA thinks of you in their own words:

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Holly Lindin (21st February 2014), jackovesk (21st February 2014), jjjones (21st February 2014), Johnny (21st February 2014), JoNo5 (21st February 2014), Lifebringer (21st February 2014), mosquito (22nd February 2014), Moz (21st February 2014), naste.de.lumina (21st February 2014), Nasu (21st February 2014), observer (21st February 2014), Snookie (21st February 2014), TargeT (21st February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: The CIA thinks you're all schmucks for posting all your info on Facebook!

of course, I personally think the same. Even companies HR check your Facebook page before hiring. I do not stop telling my daughter to put less and screen her friends. No way that in 600 friends you do not have weirdos that would stop anyone with security requirements (like stealing companie's goods) to be hired.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Johnny (21st February 2014), Maia Gabrial (21st February 2014), mosquito (22nd February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 320 posts

Default Re: The CIA thinks you're all schmucks for posting all your info on Facebook!

While I don't doubt that the CIA and other alphabet soup agencies are using social media networks to gather massive amounts of data on unsuspecting citizens, this is still the Onion, known for their satire.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

Gerald Paris (21st February 2014), Johnny (21st February 2014), Maia Gabrial (21st February 2014), Nasu (21st February 2014), Nick Matkin (21st February 2014), T Smith (21st February 2014), Them (21st February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,613 times in 2,179 posts

Gotta love a great onion

.... be gentle with your anger. Sixto Rodriguez, Cape Town 20.02.2013

8. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ViralSpiral For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (21st February 2014), CarnageCandy (21st February 2014), cursichella1 (22nd February 2014), Gerald Paris (21st February 2014), gripreaper (21st February 2014), heyokah (21st February 2014), hohoemi (22nd February 2014), InTheBackground (21st February 2014), jackovesk (21st February 2014), Johnny (21st February 2014), LivioRazlo (22nd February 2014), Maia Gabrial (21st February 2014), Nasu (21st February 2014), PurpleLama (21st February 2014), selinam (21st February 2014), Snookie (21st February 2014), Strat (21st February 2014), ulli (21st February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Whether you post on facebook or youtube or the project avalon forum or not if someone wants to know something about me/you they can find it. There is no hiding.

I am an open book and have nothing to hid. I think facebook is great! By the way my daughters 21 & 17 hardly use FB any more because to many from the generation before them , like me their mother, are using it. They use Twitter and a few others that I do not remember.

As we evolve we are becoming much more telepathic so why not get used to living as if you can not hid anything any way. That's how I look at it.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Chrononaut (22nd February 2014), Gerald Paris (21st February 2014), Johnny (21st February 2014), Nasu (21st February 2014), selinam (21st February 2014), sheme (21st February 2014), Sidney (21st February 2014), sunflower (21st February 2014), superconsciousness (21st February 2014), thunder24 (21st February 2014), UpToLight (21st February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Hahahahaha....that's why we "don't" post all our stuff on Facebook. "WE post all of 'their' stuff" on facebook." Then worldwide the focus begins, and they get caught. It's very powerful for taking something viral and in all directions at once, and is why they are breaking their status quo behinds, trying to figure out what we'll find and post next. But they will never know what's on our minds and hearts, because they don't have the mind or heart to stay steps ahead of us, and....we are closing in on them.
    Every tongue shall tell, every hand shall also.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Chrononaut (22nd February 2014), Johnny (21st February 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Quote As we evolve we are becoming much more telepathic so why not get used to living as if you can not hid anything any way. That's how I look at it.
    Hey Kimberley, good to hear from you again!

I don't have anything to hide either, but that doesn't mean they can't use SOMETHING from my past against me when they want to....
    I like the idea of humanity becoming telepathic. Nothing will be hidden from anyone. The difference is that no one can use it against you. Just think the CIA and NSA will become obsolete....

Anyway, this video might have been from the Onion, but the CIA deputy director before Congress was real....

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Kimberley (21st February 2014), LivioRazlo (21st February 2014), observer (21st February 2014), Shikasta (22nd February 2014), Sidney (21st February 2014), Snookie (21st February 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

The only thing we are "trying to hide" is another virus put in our pc systems. That is it. I've nothing to hide except "my pc."

Just saying, they don't like it done to them, and they do have lots to hide.

16. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I bet they wouldn't want to know what we think about them- plus there are more of us, and according to the Bible they are on the wrong side! Defect chaps before it is too late.

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member SEAM's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,234 times in 361 posts

I'm a facebook user, and I can't tell you the amount of times that I have reconnected with old dear friends I've known from years ago, and how it has enriched my life in the process. Nothing on this planet can duplicate that experience, and I am soo thankful that it exists. Websites are too static. They are only as fresh and alive as the last update. Even videos and commentary, that I might discover, and am attracted to, are quite often months or years old. And time is the eternal Editor.

However... Some people, are noticeably out of balance when it comes to this new "Instant gratification" apparatus - Facebook. So.. this is why I am responding to this thread, and what I have come to believe in those who post too much information, pictures, and updates, in this new medium.

I believe that the people who post too much stuff... are in fact deriving a false sense of happiness in doing so. I think that the more one posts pictures of their kids, or different turns in their life, are perhaps the most unhappy individuals in real life. They need their daily fix of "Likes" in order to feel as if they, and their life are meaningful. Sad really. The people I admire the most rarely lay out their laundry for the the world to see.

And it is an unrealistic trap:

"You liked the picture of my fourth grader getting an award, therefore I liked your husband who bought a new boat.. in fact I liked everything you ever do because it is assumed you will liked everything I do, and, gosh, if I just got 32 likes because I had the good sense to post a video of my dog kicking his legs while asleep, then obviously my life is enriching to not only myself, but everyone who I trade likes with" therefore...... "My worth has vastly improved because of facebook"

If you don't belong, you should reconsider, as it really reconnects those old ties. Just don't fall for the ego trappings and keep it in it's place - like everything, moderation is the key!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SEAM For This Post:

Chrononaut (22nd February 2014), Holly Lindin (21st February 2014), Lone Bean (21st February 2014), sheme (21st February 2014), Sidney (21st February 2014), ulli (21st February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

19. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

Dear Kimberley,

People often state they have “nothing to hide” as the big bad wolf licks his lips and smile at their misguided innocence? Do you think the founders’ of America put in the Fourth Amendment because they had something to hide, or thought the average American had something to hide?

There was sound reasoning on their part, knowledge of history as well as first hand experience, shining a light on the fundamental basis of human nature and abuse of power for why the founders thought that privacy, protected by the Fourth Amendment, was so important to their freedom, their health, and the safety of those they were responsible for?

An individual may be totally innocent of a crime, and have nothing, to their know edge, to hide; but a good lawyer will tell that individual not to say a word to authorities without his presence because whether that individual has something to hide or not, has nothing to do with whether he or she will be charged or not. Innocence doesn't equate with freedom and being untouched by bad law or criminals. Whether that individual is guilty or not, has nothing to do with how the authorities, or criminals, may use someone’s agenda, no matter how big or small, against the innocent, especially the naive innocent?

Most Americans have no idea what innocent carrots they may have that might just fit in with one of those agendas. You may just nicely and easily fit into their plan as a patsy or as an example for speaking out a little too much. Also, what is not a crime today, could unknowingly, to the uniformed innocent, be a recognized as a crime tomorrow. Do you regularly read the zillions of new laws put on the register each year? Of course not, it is an impossibility. Therfore all Americans are at risk of unknowing breaking laws everyday. But ignorance of the law is no excuse as they say and apply the fine or jail sentence. Do you really think courts are just and listen to the truth? Do you really think that the odds are in your favor against authorities simply because you have nothing to hide, and feel you are innocent? You know what the wolf would reply to such a belief of an innocent as he sharpens his teeth.

Freedom without Privacy is impossible. When you live your life as an open book, the way the government of today want Americans to live their lives; how the American government is forcing people to live their lives, do you really think you and your family are safe from the agendas of others? Those who believe their lives should be an open book is playing Russian roulette with their lives and that of their family and friends.

Perhaps because the founders of America actually lived through the bloodshed of the American Revolution, and were not just keyboard warriors or safe protestors , they experience first hand the value of privacy, and not living life as an open book. Government is force and when they turn that force on you, your innocence will not protect you in any court of law.

The Fourth Amendment is a first tier fundamental protection strategy against human nature, especially human nature costumed as the force of government. The early Americans insisted upon this amendment because they understood that basic privacy is about protection from abuse of power from authoriities as well as criminals.

Of course, this is all just my humble opinion.

Sincerely,

Mr. Davis
    Last edited by blake; 21st February 2014 at 18:11.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blake For This Post:

gripreaper (22nd February 2014), Ki's (22nd February 2014), Kimberley (22nd February 2014), PurpleLama (21st February 2014), Robin (23rd February 2014)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,171 times in 13,485 posts

Found this on Facebook today.
    I knew about those cube water melons, but this takes farming to an entirely new level.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

hohoemi (22nd February 2014), pugwash84 (21st February 2014)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

People, people; whatever you think about Facebook being used/invented by the CIA/FBI/etc. to track its users (and of course they do), the original post's video was satire. It was a joke, and not meant to be taken seriously. Some of the posters know that, but maybe not all, and certainly not all readers of this thread.

Surely even a 12 year-old kid would have realised that by the time they got to the spoof panel discussion at 1 min 40 sec that it was obviously satire - very good too! All the characters were actors.

Nevertheless, that video, posted by the spoof news website "The Onion" serves as a warning to all...

Nick
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 21st February 2014 at 19:06.

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Who's fallen for what? Wake up, what do you think the entire internet is all about, it is and has always been about big brother and the thought police.

Use it to your advantage and not theirs.

25. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Mr Davis,

I understand what you are saying. However I am not intimidated or in fear. I speak my truth all the time and I speak it on a 50,000 watt radio station via my public affairs show every sunday. So I feel safe in that I know I am no threat to anyone. I think facebook is fun and it has gotten me reconnected with long lost friends. family, and acquaintances. And what I am trying to say is that regardless of being present on social media or not if the CIA or whom ever wants to know something they will find it any way. Thank you for your views Mr David :-)

Quote Posted by sheme (here)
    Who's fallen for what? Wake up, what do you think the entire internet is all about, it is and has always been about big brother and the thought police.

Use it to your advantage and not theirs.
    Sheme,

I think that the internet is a physical manifestation of the collective consciousness and it has brought people all over the world together in a way that was not possible until now. I have friends all over the world now that have similar view points to my view point. I have made several new friends here at avalon, and I have made friends via youtube and facebook. So I guess that is me using the internet to my advantage. However I am not concerned about big brother and the thought police, because I know I am protected.

This is an interesting topic...I respect all opinions. I just decided to share mine. Fear not facebook is my opinion :-)

Much love. peace, joy, health, and fun to us all!

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Daphne (22nd February 2014), DarMar (22nd February 2014), heyokah (21st February 2014), Shikasta (23rd February 2014), ulli (22nd February 2014)

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

I have no fear -I have no secrets, I value the internet else I would not be here, The collective consciousness is waking up, I think we concur. Big Hug.

28. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

What is a facebook?

Heard tell of it --never been there.

Actually, I don't got to Facebook links, I forbid friends and family to post my name or image.

It's for their protection, not mine. No social network - no one to spend time spying on. No social connectivity map... nothing... nothing... nothing.
    Last edited by Carmody; 22nd February 2014 at 00:03.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

sheme (22nd February 2014)

30. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 times in 395 posts

do not fight the tool, use it!
    Be careful when wandering in the woods... The wolf may approach you... And if you are approached by a solitary wolf... It is not a wolf at all!

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DarMar For This Post:

Kimberley (22nd February 2014), LivioRazlo (22nd February 2014), sheme (22nd February 2014), Shikasta (23rd February 2014), ulli (22nd February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

32. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,790 times in 463 posts

If they was to spy on my facebook, they would be bored to death. Not been on it for time xxxxx

33. Link to Post #20
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I live your perspective Kimberly, and I do the same. I speak my truth loud and clear. I have also entertained the idea that we might as well be open since telepathy is more and more prevalent. Love it :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast