+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blatantly obvious symbolism.... Katy Perry: Dark Horse / Emenem Rap God

1. Link to Post #1
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Blatantly obvious symbolism.... Katy Perry: Dark Horse / Emenem Rap God

I don't think analysis is even needed on this... it's so obvious it's almost ridiculous.

Katy Perry:Dark horse

A quick analysis by Mark Dice:

This one is a bit older, but still... holy symbolism.
    Emenem: Rap God

Pop Culture strikes again....
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

bruno dante (22nd February 2014), Lifebringer (22nd February 2014), MorningSong (22nd February 2014), Nasu (22nd February 2014), pugwash84 (21st February 2014), Shane (22nd February 2014), SilentFeathers (22nd February 2014), Sophocles (21st February 2014), Wind (21st February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Blatantly obvious symbolism.... Katy Perry: Dark Horse / Emenem Rap God

Makes me wonder, don't they really even care anymore about the people like us who know about this stuff? It used to be more subtle, but now they're not even trying to hide it. It's like they want everyone to know about symbolism, I guess attention is all that they're after?
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

MorningSong (22nd February 2014), TargeT (22nd February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,791 times in 463 posts

Default Re: Blatantly obvious symbolism.... Katy Perry: Dark Horse / Emenem Rap God

I think that a lot of them just put the symbolism in to get people talking about it and reviewing it on youtube. Any publicity is good publicity even if it's bad. xxxxx

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pugwash84 For This Post:

bruno dante (22nd February 2014), DeDukshyn (22nd February 2014), Ellisa (22nd February 2014), MorningSong (22nd February 2014), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014), TargeT (22nd February 2014), Wind (21st February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by pugwash84 (here)
    I think that a lot of them just put the symbolism in to get people talking about it and reviewing it on youtube. Any publicity is good publicity even if it's bad. xxxxx

Agreed.

We always tend to link symbolism with a shadow government, but it's not always the case. Sometimes symbolism is just symbolism.

Katy Perry, for example, grew up with an evangelical background. She's very Christian. She's very quick to point this out. If there is indeed illuminatti symbolism in her videos, I hardly think she's complicit. That doesn't mean certain sordid symbolism hasn't made its way into her videos, but I think the truly relevant question is: how did it get there? Whose idea was it?

I honestly think some of this symbolism is beyond the reach of some of our more intellectually deficient rock stars and actors. I believe we are way too quick in villifying these people, and in doing so we are missing the point entirely. Is there illiminatti symbolism in some of these videos? Yes. Does that mean Eminem and Katy Perry are satanic worshippers, or even complicit with the so called new world order? No.

I know the OP isn't implying such, but it's given me an opportunity to comment on something that's been troubling me. Too often we see videos like these and jump to the conclusion that all these artists are evil, baby- eating cannibals. When in reality, often times they are being used unknowingly. It's all very complex.

Nowadays we constantly see rappers flashing the JayZ triangle with their hands. Half of them don't even know what they're doing -- it's just become a hip thing to do. Rappers, as a group, are very conspiratorially oriented; they study conspiracy and all her subsidiaries. And they have fun with it! Even Jay Z, who started all this stuff, and has a record company called Rock-e-Fella records...I believe it's all done with tongue planted firmly in cheek. But now it's taken on a life of its own, and when asked about it he is very coy, which is deliberate. He's having fun with it. He enjoys the mystery it creates around him and so he perpetuates it. That's just one example.

It's all a little more involved than we think. Or sometimes, much more simpler than we've imagined.
    Last edited by bruno dante; 22nd February 2014 at 05:19.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bruno dante For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (22nd February 2014), guayabal (22nd February 2014), MorningSong (22nd February 2014), Sir Eltor (22nd February 2014), Sophocles (22nd February 2014), TargeT (22nd February 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,454 times in 115 posts

While using a recent Jay-Z and Beyoncé duet from an awards show to show someone symbolism, they responded with "oh Jay-z said in an interview he's just trolling conspiracy theorists". Neat.

This was not an isolated incident either.

The programming worked (works) and now they can turn up the volume. The debunker/disinformers are working hard and Google has become their promoter.

On the bright side they keep giving us many points of reference to use as teaching tools, on the subject of symbology. Thanks for the post Target.
    "It's not what happens to the being, it's what the being does once it happens to them" ~ Unknown

They raised me to be a Sorcerer.. They weren't happy I became a Wizard

The smartest decision I ever made was to adopt Superman's, Clark Kent, strategy.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shane For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (22nd February 2014), danegeroussacredgeometry (26th July 2015), MorningSong (22nd February 2014), Robin (22nd February 2014), TargeT (22nd February 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

I think many young artists just do what they are told because they get paid HUGE sums of money to not ask questions.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

bruno dante (22nd February 2014), danegeroussacredgeometry (26th July 2015), ghostrider (22nd February 2014), gripreaper (22nd February 2014), MorningSong (22nd February 2014), TargeT (22nd February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 times in 258 posts

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    I think many young artists just do what they are told because they get paid HUGE sums of money to not ask questions.

If I was smart enough, this is what I would have written instead of my wordy post above. This about sums it up.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bruno dante For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (22nd February 2014), Becky (22nd February 2014), danegeroussacredgeometry (26th July 2015), MorningSong (22nd February 2014), Sidney (22nd February 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Satanic worshipers, Illuminati symbolism, even if used with tongue planted firmly in cheek, don't they really even care anymore? Well if you use it you get burned just the same!
    Sheep are sheep, even if your an intended black sheep but! if you a white sheep do you have to copy those around you? well yes if you have no mind of your own and just wan't to fit in or be thought of as hip ha!
    This whole Music busyness is owned and most of those who make it big within it are owned and so reaping their short term benefits!
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

MorningSong (22nd February 2014), TargeT (22nd February 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Makes me wonder, don't they really even care anymore about the people like us who know about this stuff? It used to be more subtle, but now they're not even trying to hide it. It's like they want everyone to know about symbolism, I guess attention is all that they're after?
    It's because they are getting close to making their move on the people and the more real meaning is about to manifest.

Those of us that understand this stuff to a large degree are few compared to those that look at it and show loyalty, love, and "acceptance" to it's energy through Katy Perry and others who fed the energy to them. It's sorcery plain and simple.

People like us (the few) tolerate it while others (the many) accept it and actually embrace it, basically through ignorance, but the energy is still there and quite potent IMO. Katy Perry and others like her are tools or stepping stones to deceive and trick ignorant people to embrace the darkside energy and thus they become food for the devil so to speak. (I doubt Katy Perry has very much knowledge of actually what she is truly participating in).

The simple mind looks at the OP video and laughs, loves and accepts the beauty of the symbolism thinking "it's great", becoming food for the parasites.....the more complex mind looks at it as says, "yikes!"....and becomes an obstacle for the parasites.

PS: The escalation of this type of "sorcery" over the last several years is a signal to me that a rather large blood sacrifice is being planned and will happen probably sooner rather than later. The masses are being primed so to speak.
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 22nd February 2014 at 17:25.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

MorningSong (22nd February 2014), Sunny-side-up (22nd February 2014), TargeT (22nd February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by bruno dante (here)
    Quote Posted by pugwash84 (here)

Agreed.

We always tend to link symbolism with a shadow government, but it's not always the case. Sometimes symbolism is just symbolism.

Katy Perry, for example, grew up with an evangelical background. She's very Christian. She's very quick to point this out. If there is indeed illuminatti symbolism in her videos, I hardly think she's complicit.
    Oh, she's DEFINITELY complicit; her carrer was CRAP as an evangelical singer, she knew it wasnt working, she switched teams and all of sudden got super popular, her "kissed a girl" video was the start, and it was downhill from there. it's NOT just the symbolism, listen to the lyrics.

That doesn't mean certain sordid symbolism hasn't made its way into her videos, but I think the truly relevant question is: how did it get there? Whose idea was it?

I honestly think some of this symbolism is beyond the reach of some of our more intellectually deficient rock stars and actors. I believe we are way too quick in villifying these people, and in doing so we are missing the point entirely. Is there illiminatti symbolism in some of these videos? Yes. Does that mean Eminem and Katy Perry are satanic worshippers, or even complicit with the so called new world order? No.

I know the OP isn't implying such, but it's given me an opportunity to comment on something that's been troubling me. Too often we see videos like these and jump to the conclusion that all these artists are evil, baby- eating cannibals. When in reality, often times they are being used unknowingly. It's all very complex.
    It's not so much the artist, it's more the industry... I"m sure the artists themselves have very little choice, it seems like a "do this and get famous, or don't and get no support" type of hting.

Nowadays we constantly see rappers flashing the JayZ triangle with their hands. Half of them don't even know what they're doing -- it's just become a hip thing to do. Rappers, as a group, are very conspiratorially oriented; they study conspiracy and all her subsidiaries. And they have fun with it! Even Jay Z, who started all this stuff, and has a record company called Rock-e-Fella records...I believe it's all done with tongue planted firmly in cheek. But now it's taken on a life of its own, and when asked about it he is very coy, which is deliberate. He's having fun with it. He enjoys the mystery it creates around him and so he perpetuates it. That's just one example.

It's all a little more involved than we think. Or sometimes, much more simpler than we've imagined.
    I think the artists see what works, and what gets support, and they follow it.

Just like I don't think news casters are specifically trained in NLP, they however just pick it up and since everyone else is doing it they do it too (much like the use of the triangle eye sign use proliferation, very likely a few do know what it means, and the spread of it is exactly what they wanted... symbolism works on the subconscious first... the use of it is not innocent, though it can be done in ignorance).

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    It's because they are getting close to making their move on the people and the more real meaning is about to manifest.

PS: The escalation of this type of "sorcery" over the last several years is a signal to me that a rather large blood sacrifice is being planned and will happen probably sooner rather than later. The masses are being primed so to speak.

I think this is very much the case... we can talk about a mass "awakening" all we want, but in reality the noose is firmly set around our collective necks; we are in a bad place.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

bruno dante (23rd February 2014), MorningSong (22nd February 2014), Shezbeth (22nd February 2014), SilentFeathers (22nd February 2014), Wind (22nd February 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

I'm focusing on Perry atm.

Yeah, definite complicity. For one, they're (she') always "christian" or whatever in front of an interview microphone, and they are in the same sense that a significant percent of the population lacks the conviction of their words (which is the symptom and which is the cause? Both, I say!) yet still calls themselves "christian" or whatever.

However, you don't paint a set in egyptological symbols, costumes, dances,... airbrushed wig-tips,... without having some idea what is going on. And yet, this particular video (I muted it, KP gives me the creeps to watch AND listen to) seems significantly more half-assed. It has a disney's toon-town/grade-school play feel to the whole thing, like some of the sets could be paper mache and the costumes could be made out of donated walpaper and curtains, though I haven't watched the Mark Dice breakdown.

I don't know about what messages they're trying to portray, but the overall recipe I am seeing is: "1/2 Increasing complacency, 1 pound self-assurance, 2 shakes of ego-centered elitism, sprinkle narcissism to taste",... but that's without tasting the end result.

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

The latest on Marshall Mathers...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...ndent/5642495/

the Rain man.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

TargeT (22nd February 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,847 times in 715 posts

Symbols in and of themselves are vacuous; nobody owns them.

Quote “Truth did not come into the world naked, it came in types and images” Gospel of Philip

What is it that modern society really knows about its identity or origin? And, who or what is God? Today, we can swim in an ocean of theology, philosophy, gurus, books and bloggers to try and remedy humanities fundamental ignorance regarding itself. Or, we can start at the beginning, before our “age of prose” and follow the “iconologic” of L. Caruana in his new book “Enter Through the Image.”

The idea of iconologic or an “image language” is not new. Carl Jung and Joseph Campbell, two of our cultures great “mytho poets”, spent their lifetimes seeking out this lost manner of thinking as a way for humans to have a better, more coherent way of understanding themselves. What is new is the way these ideas are presented by Caruana; a fresh, more accessible spin for a wider audience.

The reader is taken on a quest for truth and self-knowledge, as Caruana leads you through a labyrinth of cultures and imagery, ancient and modern, showing how patterns, which can only come from a collective unconscious, have been with humanity since the beginning of time; patterns from divinity that seeks to be known and know itself. He tells us “whenever we stand in silent awe before a sacred image, we find ourselves, caught unawares, before a hallowed threshold.” It is our job, we are told, to cross this threshold, and enter through the image.

Symbols, for Caruana, are reflections of our inherent transcendent reality, and though artists have expressed them in various ways, are ineffable and inscrutable. Myth and symbol hold our mind to truth, but are not themselves the truth; they are simply borrowed time and gain through-out the ages. And certainly, this book is about encouraging us; Caruana instructs the reader on ways to take these empty playthings of God and use them as tools of exploration and gnosis, of themselves, the cosmos and the core divinity that unites us all.

Does Caruana succeed at his instruction in iconologic? Not always. One bizarre section has him interpreting the dreams of Baudelaire and Descartes, which seems unnecessary and overly lengthy, but is amusing none the less. In fact, much of his discussion on dream symbology and analysis, although important as a point, becomes a bit redundant, unless the reader has never heard of such a thing. A further critique to consider, is the way certain chapters start very clear and exciting; and certainly end that way. But somehow in the middle seem to become bogged down as though the author is holding court with himself, and has forgotten he has an audience at all.

That being said, Enter Through the Image is a unique discussion on comparative mythology. A solid and thorough backbone of academic research enriched by the visionary insight of a well noted artist, makes it appealing to the conventional, more serious students of human origins, as easily as the esoteric artistic psyche. Sophistication would be the ground rule for either crowd, however, as it not a simple read. From eastern mysticism, to Dali; Gnostic christians, Egypt, LSD research, Tibet and Dante (to name just a few), Caruana is skilled in his connections of it all.

With L. Caruana’s Enter Through the Image, we are offered a certain type of book that allows us to escape what can become a mundane conventional existence, into a world rich and vibrant, full of an excitement that comes from uncovering secrets and opening gifts. A book so full of self discovery, that the reader risks missing a bit of the party if read only once. A rare book that will be dog eared and thread bare by the time all of its treasure is sifted.

Excerpt of review, D. Khouri

+ Reply to Thread