Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Release! MUFON EXPOSED..!

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default New Release! MUFON EXPOSED..!

27 Feb 2014 05:49 | Written by Kerry Cassidy

This is an interview with a fromer MUFON investigator of 10 years with a background in law enforcement. He is blowing the whistle on how MUFON is currently operating and how he was treated when he reported his own UFO sighting.

For many years it has been common knowledge around our sector that MUFON, like many organizations is heavily infiltrated at the upper levels by NSA and CIA. This interview adds a first hand account to that perception.

http://projectcamelotportal.com/blog...-mufon-exposed

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Default Re: New Release! MUFON EXPOSED..!

Yeah not a big fan of Mufon myself. I'm not surprised either. Thanks Jack.

Peace

W.f.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

3. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Axman (28th February 2014), Bassplayer1 (28th February 2014), cursichella1 (1st March 2014), Gardener (1st March 2014), GreenGuy (2nd March 2014), jackovesk (28th February 2014), jjjones (1st March 2014), mojo (1st March 2014), Nasu (28th February 2014), Sidney (2nd March 2014), Sunny-side-up (28th February 2014), tnkayaker (28th February 2014), william r sanford72 (28th February 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Yeah not a big fan of Mufon myself. I'm not surprised either. Thanks Jack.

Peace

W.f.
    Yep, agreed...

I've been racking my brain to see what impact MUFON has had on my journey down the (Ufology-Rabbit-Hole) and I have to say, they've had...

A BIG FAT ("0") influence on anything I've ever learnt within the field...

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

well im sure most here are aware that robert bigalow purchased MUFON or at least the nevada chapter for what seems like his personal usage, recently it has been reported that while reporting a ufo sighting or abduction all calls are refered to his agency now, his aero space company that recently acquired a contract by tbtb to build inflatable space station pods that are more easily transported to a new type of space station, also what seems to be going on is an ongoing effort from bigalows company to figure out any new types of propulsion that ufos are and have been using which is something his company is and has been working on, he also owns a large plat of land so called the skin walker ranch where wild and strange reports of everything from strange lights to aliens suposedly have been sighted there, jesse ventura did a interesting show on this guy and even though they didnt come to any new facts as usual, lol it still smacked of something that no one wanted to talk about, including bigalow himself, as ventura confronted him face to face while bigalow was exiting a meeting of somekind in what looked like a g building, oh one more interesting tid bit, the trade mark for bigalows aero space company is a face of a grey type alien, hmmmmmm https://youtube.com/watch?v=KpkTTNKh26Q

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014), Axman (28th February 2014), cursichella1 (1st March 2014), Gardener (1st March 2014), grannyfranny100 (28th February 2014), GreenGuy (2nd March 2014), Hazel (1st March 2014), jackovesk (28th February 2014), jjjones (1st March 2014), kirolak (28th February 2014), Nasu (28th February 2014), thunder24 (1st March 2014), william r sanford72 (28th February 2014)

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

upon a little poking around i found this web site with some inter sting stories to say the least, it seems to me something is going on at this skin walker ranch, some kind of portal or area of interest for other worldly beings, supposed para normal activities of all kinds, check it out for yourselves.in mho it seems the real story is this ranch more than anything else, of course if all what is being said is true it would mean this place is directly connected with et activity more so than other places for some reason. http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014), cursichella1 (1st March 2014), Dick (28th February 2014), grannyfranny100 (28th February 2014), jackovesk (1st March 2014), Nasu (28th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

WOW!!

I am a Field Investigator for MUFON and NO I am not part of the NSA or CIA. I can't even begin to say how disappointed I was by this interview. First of all I know that I have my State and Assistant Director numbers in my cell phone. I speak with them on a regular basis and we have all discussed our individual UFO experiences.

As a Field Investigator I do not understand why the FI interviewed here did not do his OWN INVESTIGATION and turn that material in. Why would he wait to hear from the state director or assistant state director. He should have called them himself to discuss what he saw. Also, it is against MUFON policy for a FI to send out emails unless the witness can't be reached by phone. We are under a mandate to contact the witnesses withing 48-72 hours of being assigned a case. We have 90 days to complete a case or it is assigned to another investigator.

People may not realize that being a MUFON investigator is completely voluntary, BUT it does cost to take the testing and you must pass a comprehensive amount of material in order to become an investigator. Many people are turned away because they do not pass.

MFUON does a lot of good for the UFO community. If you have received no benefit perhaps it is because MUFON operates in a way that they try to bring forth sightings in a professional, scientific fashion. All effort is given to present a witness testimony of a sighing only if it is a verified after a thorough investigation. If you go to MUFON.com you will see that monthly the top 10 sightings from all over the world are reported.

So if you are saying they have been no use to you I would ask are you going to MUFON.com? Are you reading the journals? Have you been to the yearly conferences?

I was at the Las Vegas conference this past year in July 2013 and I can say that it was one of the most informative UFO conferences I have ever been to. We had several phenomenal speakers and presenters.

I am becoming discouraged that people are so quick to label MUFON an NSA front. The NSA doesn't need an organization made up of mostly volunteers to find out what is going on with UFOs. All they have to do is start websites like Project Avalon/Camelot, Above TOP SECRET, etc. to gather information on what people are saying and following.

All I will say in conclusion is that the people that I have done interviews with are deeply appreciative that they have somewhere to report their sightings and to have someone to talk with about what often is a very traumatic event. Often times people are happy when you can point out to them that the ISS was passing over their viewing area at precisely the time of their sighting for example. There are many that can't be explained and I have closed the cases as unexplainable UFOs after an extensive investigation.

I guess I just don't understand what people expect out of MUFON. Anyone can go to the CMS site and view Cases if you want to see what is being reported. One of the best website is the www.FLYERFIles.com written by New Jersey State Director George Flyer who does a monthly compilation of the best sighting reports from around the world.

I would love to hear more about the outside sources who have given Kerry the information the MUFON is an NSA front. In the mean time if people are interested in learning more about what MUFON is about please visit the MUFON.com website or plan to come the the yearly conference in Philadelphia.

I love Kerry and have learned a great deal from her work but I thought this interview with this Field Investigator was not some of her best work.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Atlas (1st March 2014), Christine (1st March 2014), cursichella1 (1st March 2014), Firinn (1st March 2014), Frederick Jackson (1st March 2014), Gardener (1st March 2014), giovonni (28th February 2014), Hervé (28th February 2014), jackovesk (1st March 2014), Joseph McAree (28th February 2014), Maunagarjana (1st March 2014), Nasu (28th February 2014), seko (1st March 2014), sunflower (28th February 2014), william r sanford72 (1st March 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by tnkayaker (here)
    upon a little poking around i found this web site with some inter sting stories to say the least, it seems to me something is going on at this skin walker ranch, some kind of portal or area of interest for other worldly beings, supposed para normal activities of all kinds, check it out for yourselves.in mho it seems the real story is this ranch more than anything else, of course if all what is being said is true it would mean this place is directly connected with et activity more so than other places for some reason. http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/
    You know they turned this into a movie & a pretty good one from memory...

http://www.solarmovie.so/watch-skinw...anch-2013.html

Last edited by jackovesk; 1st March 2014 at 01:57.

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

You know what Amysethnia, MUFON, and you, and all the other volunteers do a sterling job with getting these sightings documented, I do surely know that. And that is the reason they are almost certainly employing gatekeepers to log what you find. If you think about it, we here and any other place these things are talked about, are more or less anecdotal, MUFON has the real data and they (the power brokers) want to know what is known, for any damage limitation that might be required. This is mho based on logic.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

cursichella1 (1st March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014), william r sanford72 (1st March 2014)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

I have been unable to connect with the flyerfiles link, please can you check it. I also did a search on george flyer and didn't find anything.

It occured to me that Bob Fisk's sighting may have been 'one of ours' and could be the reason he has been marginalised.

Could you also confirm Amysthenia if the investigation report as to whether the sighting was UFO or IFO is not made public as he says.
    Last edited by Gardener; 1st March 2014 at 03:03. Reason: additional question
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

cursichella1 (1st March 2014)

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,794 times in 6,634 posts

the most documented UFO case in history , Edward Albert Meier , daytime clear photos , video , metal samples , sound recordings , face to face meetings , 100 witnesses ... four different people using , four different cameras from four different angles photograph the same object .. 26,000 pages of information , 70 yrs of contact and MUFON ignores the case completely ... tells me all I need to know about MUFON ... tell me what other contactee has that much proof ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

jackovesk (1st March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014), tnkayaker (1st March 2014), william r sanford72 (1st March 2014)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    the most documented UFO case in history , Edward Albert Meier , daytime clear photos , video , metal samples , sound recordings , face to face meetings , 100 witnesses ... four different people using , four different cameras from four different angles photograph the same object .. 26,000 pages of information , 70 yrs of contact and MUFON ignores the case completely ... tells me all I need to know about MUFON ... tell me what other contactee has that much proof ...
    im curious if Meier ever reported his case , i am a bit familiar with his site and pics etc, amazing stuff, i dont think mufon goes looking, its possible they simply process what comes in, i almost see it as a conflict of interest if they go looking themselves for new sightings and people that have had experiences, just a thought...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amysenthia (here)
    WOW!!

I am a Field Investigator for MUFON and NO I am not part of the NSA or CIA. I can't even begin to say how disappointed I was by this interview. First of all I know that I have my State and Assistant Director numbers in my cell phone. I speak with them on a regular basis and we have all discussed our individual UFO experiences.

As a Field Investigator I do not understand why the FI interviewed here did not do his OWN INVESTIGATION and turn that material in. Why would he wait to hear from the state director or assistant state director. He should have called them himself to discuss what he saw. Also, it is against MUFON policy for a FI to send out emails unless the witness can't be reached by phone. We are under a mandate to contact the witnesses withing 48-72 hours of being assigned a case. We have 90 days to complete a case or it is assigned to another investigator.

People may not realize that being a MUFON investigator is completely voluntary, BUT it does cost to take the testing and you must pass a comprehensive amount of material in order to become an investigator. Many people are turned away because they do not pass.

MFUON does a lot of good for the UFO community. If you have received no benefit perhaps it is because MUFON operates in a way that they try to bring forth sightings in a professional, scientific fashion. All effort is given to present a witness testimony of a sighing only if it is a verified after a thorough investigation. If you go to MUFON.com you will see that monthly the top 10 sightings from all over the world are reported.

So if you are saying they have been no use to you I would ask are you going to MUFON.com? Are you reading the journals? Have you been to the yearly conferences?

I was at the Las Vegas conference this past year in July 2013 and I can say that it was one of the most informative UFO conferences I have ever been to. We had several phenomenal speakers and presenters.

I am becoming discouraged that people are so quick to label MUFON an NSA front. The NSA doesn't need an organization made up of mostly volunteers to find out what is going on with UFOs. All they have to do is start websites like Project Avalon/Camelot, Above TOP SECRET, etc. to gather information on what people are saying and following.

All I will say in conclusion is that the people that I have done interviews with are deeply appreciative that they have somewhere to report their sightings and to have someone to talk with about what often is a very traumatic event. Often times people are happy when you can point out to them that the ISS was passing over their viewing area at precisely the time of their sighting for example. There are many that can't be explained and I have closed the cases as unexplainable UFOs after an extensive investigation.

I guess I just don't understand what people expect out of MUFON. Anyone can go to the CMS site and view Cases if you want to see what is being reported. One of the best website is the www.FLYERFIles.com written by New Jersey State Director George Flyer who does a monthly compilation of the best sighting reports from around the world.

I would love to hear more about the outside sources who have given Kerry the information the MUFON is an NSA front. In the mean time if people are interested in learning more about what MUFON is about please visit the MUFON.com website or plan to come the the yearly conference in Philadelphia.

I love Kerry and have learned a great deal from her work but I thought this interview with this Field Investigator was not some of her best work.
    so you know nothing about robert bigalow and his connection to mufon then?
    Last edited by tnkayaker; 1st March 2014 at 04:40.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

jackovesk (1st March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014), thunder24 (1st March 2014), william r sanford72 (1st March 2014)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

ok so here it is in a nut shell i was mistaken saying bigalow purchased mufon, he donated enough money to control the data base and has made it off limits to public use, if you google bigalow/mufon you can find the stories and connections for yourself. .................................................................................................... ...........It's amazing MUFON's still around
    By Billy Cox, Herald-Tribune / Friday, February 11, 2011
    Big-time food fight going down with the nation’s oldest functional UFO investigations outfit, and volunteers like Kristen Winslett are calling for the whole thing to be dismantled. A financial analyst in her real job, the Hackettstown, N.J., resident takes her work with the Mutual UFO Network seriously. At least, she did until she resigned last August.

Wars come and wars go, but after 42 years, MUFON is still up and running/CREDIT: dovergramboys.kent.sch.uk

Winslett, a number-crunching field investigator for the New Jersey chapter since 2008, got torqued when someone went in behind her last year and started monkeying with the database. Without consulting her, the culprit allegedly ignored her detailed eyewitness sighting reports and arbitrarily reclassified a number of New Jersey cases she’d closed out from explained to unknown. When Winslett drew it to the attention of another official, she was scolded for denying administrator access to the alleged perp without getting permission from higher authority.

“Now the whole file is contaminated as far as I’m concerned,” says Winslett. “We have a serious credibility issue here.”

That’s just one example, but the caca hit the fan in a big way a few weeks ago when details of MUFON’s 2009 contract with major benefactor Robert Bigelow were leaked on the Internet. The jillionaire founder of Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) agreed to invest $672,000 in MUFON for third-party access to whatever its rapid-response teams recovered. Eight months into the experiment, Bigelow yanked the balance of his funds because of MUFON’s apparent failure to comply with the exacting paperwork.

A lot of members howled over what they felt were draconian contract terms. Several, like former Utah MUFON director Elaine Douglass, accuse the nonprofit group of perpetuating a good ol’ boy hierarchy and want to institute “due process with democratically elected board members.” They’ve organized The Committee to Reform MUFON.

“Did Bigelow go into the database and siphon off the best cases?” she wonders from her home in Utah. “There’s a question of basic judgement here.”

De Void really doesn’t have the patience for this. Angelia Joiner and Frank Warren had a decent online discussion with the central characters Thursday night. What cultural anthropologists might find more remarkable is how a volunteer organization of this nature, which now counts 2,800 members, hasn’t watermelon-splattered after 42 years of egos, fiefdoms and turf wars.

“It’s maddening. I was so glad when I retired from that job,” says former International Director John Schuessler, a MUFON founder in 1969. “You’re working with volunteers with varying levels of education and sophistication, they pay the International Director a pittance, just a token salary, really, and he’s expected to work seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with the kind of responsibilities that would be worth $150,000 a year in any other field.”

Although he didn’t work the BAASS contract, Schuessler reviewed it and says Bigelow “absolutely, unequivocally” did not have administrator database access. As a MUFON board member, he doesn’t blame Bigelow for revoking the contract because “it wasn’t audited right.” But he doesn’t blame the group for going after the money, either. If only MUFON had a benefactor like, oh, say, Paul Allen, who’s poured more than $20 million into SETI radiotelescopes.

“A lot of people think it’s silly for him to have given so much money to SETI, but I don’t think it’s silly. I think it’s worthwhile,” Schuessler says from his home in Littleton, Colo. "And he hasn't controlled SETI.

“But if we had $20 million, we’d probably be scared to touch it,” he adds. “A lot of people would say Paul Allen was trying to buy MUFON. Frankly, I wouldn’t care. I’m not a conspiracy buff; I just want answers to this thing.”

Meanwhile, UFO reports keep rolling in. And mankind remains the same as it ever was — a pain in the ass.

Be Sociable, Share!

Last modified: February 11, 2011

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Amysenthia (1st March 2014), jackovesk (1st March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014), thunder24 (1st March 2014), william r sanford72 (1st March 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,540 times in 740 posts

Quote Posted by Gardener (here)
    I have been unable to connect with the flyerfiles link, please can you check it. I also did a search on george flyer and didn't find anything.
    Amysenthia made a mistake. His name is George Filer (i.e., it's the Filer's Files, not Flyer). Here is a link (although there are many links on the net to his files):http://nationalufocenter.com/category/filers-files/
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Amysenthia (1st March 2014), Gardener (1st March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I guess I just don't understand what people expect out of MUFON. Anyone can go to the CMS site and view Cases if you want to see what is being reported. One of the best website is the www.FLYERFIles.com written

upon trying to access FLYERfiles.com it says not available, its actually spelled Filer'sFiles and there is case files pertaining to ufo reports.
    Last edited by tnkayaker; 1st March 2014 at 16:27.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)

MUFON investigates those sightings that are directly submitted to them. EAM has been studied by a multitude of people. MUFON is busy enough with the reports that they do get. Perhaps they think others should help a little and pick this one up. Also, I have read many, many stories about EAM in the MUFON journals, so I would not say that they ignore. In the past couple of years MUFON has been making a big push into the global market. So perhaps there will be more investigations about EAM from the Switzerland chapters.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

You know what Amysethnia, MUFON, and you, and all the other volunteers do a sterling job with getting these sightings documented, I do surely know that. And that is the reason they are almost certainly employing gatekeepers to log what you find. If you think about it, we here and any other place these things are talked about, are more or less anecdotal, MUFON has the real data and they (the power brokers) want to know what is known, for any damage limitation that might be required. This is mho based on logic.
    Gardener,

I do understand what you are saying. I would be lying if I said that I did not wonder if this may be the case. Then I also have wondered if I may be part of this same thing by being on Project Avalon/Camelot. Who truly can know except those at the VERY TOP LEVELS of any organization/web site. The truth of the matter is I am not going to worry about that. I will still post things here, volunteer for MUFON, etc. When you fear, they win.

If the higher ups are worried about power control, I myself, have been involved with some really interesting sightings and no one from those worried power control freaks has ever contacted me about them. They have also been logged as " anomalous" reports. In the mean time MUFON does far more good than bad even if the information is being reported/collected/whatever. Also, I would like to add that this organization has been doing it for almost 50 years. Our slogan is, "MUFON doing the job your government won't". (Even though as some would contend here maybe it is the government).

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    Amysenthia made a mistake. His name is George Filer (i.e., it's the Filer's Files, not Flyer). Here is a link (although there are many links on the net to his files):http://nationalufocenter.com/category/filers-files/
    Thanks for correcting my misspelling ceetee9!
    Last edited by Amysenthia; 1st March 2014 at 17:16.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Gardener (1st March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

32. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

For those interested in viewing CMS case reports these are the exact instructions that appear on the CMS page.

CMS is designed to be used by MUFON State Directors and Field Investigators directly involved in the Investigation of UFO sightings. If you do not hold one of these titles you may still access CMS via the www.mufon.com website by clicking on "UFO Case Files" and then selecting either "Last 20 Reports" or "Search UFO Database" to obtain all the information you need on the latest UFO Sighting reports from CMS.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by tnkayaker (here)
    ok so here it is in a nut shell i was mistaken saying bigalow purchased mufon, he donated enough money to control the data base and has made it off limits to public use, if you google bigalow/mufon you can find the stories and connections for yourself. .................................................................................................... ...........It's amazing MUFON's still around
    By Billy Cox, Herald-Tribune / Friday, February 11, 2011
    Big-time food fight going down with the nation’s oldest functional UFO investigations outfit, and volunteers like Kristen Winslett are calling for the whole thing to be dismantled. A financial analyst in her real job, the Hackettstown, N.J., resident takes her work with the Mutual UFO Network seriously. At least, she did until she resigned last August.

Wars come and wars go, but after 42 years, MUFON is still up and running/CREDIT: dovergramboys.kent.sch.uk

Winslett, a number-crunching field investigator for the New Jersey chapter since 2008, got torqued when someone went in behind her last year and started monkeying with the database. Without consulting her, the culprit allegedly ignored her detailed eyewitness sighting reports and arbitrarily reclassified a number of New Jersey cases she’d closed out from explained to unknown. When Winslett drew it to the attention of another official, she was scolded for denying administrator access to the alleged perp without getting permission from higher authority.

“Now the whole file is contaminated as far as I’m concerned,” says Winslett. “We have a serious credibility issue here.”

That’s just one example, but the caca hit the fan in a big way a few weeks ago when details of MUFON’s 2009 contract with major benefactor Robert Bigelow were leaked on the Internet. The jillionaire founder of Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) agreed to invest $672,000 in MUFON for third-party access to whatever its rapid-response teams recovered. Eight months into the experiment, Bigelow yanked the balance of his funds because of MUFON’s apparent failure to comply with the exacting paperwork.

A lot of members howled over what they felt were draconian contract terms. Several, like former Utah MUFON director Elaine Douglass, accuse the nonprofit group of perpetuating a good ol’ boy hierarchy and want to institute “due process with democratically elected board members.” They’ve organized The Committee to Reform MUFON.

“Did Bigelow go into the database and siphon off the best cases?” she wonders from her home in Utah. “There’s a question of basic judgement here.”

De Void really doesn’t have the patience for this. Angelia Joiner and Frank Warren had a decent online discussion with the central characters Thursday night. What cultural anthropologists might find more remarkable is how a volunteer organization of this nature, which now counts 2,800 members, hasn’t watermelon-splattered after 42 years of egos, fiefdoms and turf wars.

“It’s maddening. I was so glad when I retired from that job,” says former International Director John Schuessler, a MUFON founder in 1969. “You’re working with volunteers with varying levels of education and sophistication, they pay the International Director a pittance, just a token salary, really, and he’s expected to work seven days a week, 24 hours a day, with the kind of responsibilities that would be worth $150,000 a year in any other field.”

Although he didn’t work the BAASS contract, Schuessler reviewed it and says Bigelow “absolutely, unequivocally” did not have administrator database access. As a MUFON board member, he doesn’t blame Bigelow for revoking the contract because “it wasn’t audited right.” But he doesn’t blame the group for going after the money, either. If only MUFON had a benefactor like, oh, say, Paul Allen, who’s poured more than $20 million into SETI radiotelescopes.

“A lot of people think it’s silly for him to have given so much money to SETI, but I don’t think it’s silly. I think it’s worthwhile,” Schuessler says from his home in Littleton, Colo. "And he hasn't controlled SETI.

“But if we had $20 million, we’d probably be scared to touch it,” he adds. “A lot of people would say Paul Allen was trying to buy MUFON. Frankly, I wouldn’t care. I’m not a conspiracy buff; I just want answers to this thing.”

Meanwhile, UFO reports keep rolling in. And mankind remains the same as it ever was — a pain in the ass.

Be Sociable, Share!

Last modified: February 11, 2011
    First let me just address that this was not a big secret about Bigelow investing in MUFON. I remember it being announced at one of the yearly conferences that he is a big supporter. So are Dan Akroyd and Henry Winkler. I would bet that with all of Bigelow's money and technical connections that if he wanted to he could just hack into the CMS website. As far as the yanking of the money I never heard about this. Who knows?

I was sorry to hear that a dedicated volunteer quit in reading the story of the New Jersey FI that quit. I will say that the way your file reports as unexplained, versus unknown, is just a matter of evidence that was submitted. It is a very defined set of guidelines under which cases are classified and it has been an ongoing process with certain parameters being changed yearly. It is ultimately the State/Assistant Directors that must keep up with these guidelines. I would not really care if the SD or AD changed a case of mine from "explained to unknown" as stated above. I would assume that I needed to add more information and would discuss it with the state director. Perhaps she did not meet the criteria for the way the cases were filed. ( The case classifications system is very complicated and I do agree with the past director about the amount of work it takes to be a MUFON volunteer and not get paid). If I still felt strongly I would probably go to Jan Harzen with my case.

I will agree with the above statements that there is sometimes a "Good Ole Boy" feel to the top levels of the organization and I would like to see more transparency into the "upper echelon" working of the organization. For example it would be nice if some decisions were shared with the members and perhaps a vote taken as to who the National/Global directors are going to be. However, I also understand that somethings can become bogged down with infighting when such democratic measures are attempted to be implemented.

This being said is MUFON perfect. I would say "NO". However, I will say that at this time it is probably the best source of National/Global reporting available to the general public for what is becoming an increasing phenomenon around the world. At least we are an organizations, made up mostly of volunteers, trying to reach out and give the general population a place to go when they have experiences that the public/law enforcement/medical community/friends & family turn their backs on. We connect people with resources to understand what they have seen or experienced.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014), william r sanford72 (1st March 2014)

36. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,540 times in 740 posts

For years I did not support MUFON because of what I had heard and read about it being infiltrated by the CIA and other government groups. But in 2010 there were some people who would be speaking at the July MUFON Symposium in Denver Colorado who I wanted to see so I decided to join MUFON and go. I thought the symposium was very interesting and my wife and I enjoyed most of the speakers.

However, the next year I received an email from MUFON investigator, Elaine Douglass (May 12, 2011), regarding the MUFON reform committee’s analysis of their “Star Team Confidentiality Agreement.” Several other emails and political maneuvering were to follow (the details of which I don’t recall), but, for me, this one email alone confirmed what I had read (and had believed) before; that MUFON was indeed infiltrated by government operatives with the intent to siphon off (i.e., keep secret) all of the truly remarkable UFO/abduction cases while letting the less remarkable cases be released for public consumption. Consequently, I immediately responded to the email (cc’ing all on the list) letting them know what I thought about this “agreement” farce and why I would not be renewing my membership.

Up until this point, I was seriously considering becoming a MUFON field investigator, but once I saw this agreement I knew that doing so would be of little consequence or value--at least for me.

I don’t know if this agreement is still in effect or if it has been modified since and, quite frankly, I don’t really care since, again, for me, the cat was let out of the bag and no matter how much political shenanigans went on I could have no trust or faith that the organization would ever be truly serving the public interest.

At any rate, you can read about the infamous "Gagged-for-life Star Team Confidentiality Agreement" for yourselves and make your own determination.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014), tnkayaker (1st March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast