+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Release! MUFON EXPOSED..!

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Default Re: New Release! MUFON EXPOSED..!

I have had two very close encounters with UFOs (most likely many more, that I don't remember), anyway, officially I reported them both to MUFON immediately. Never got a call, an email, nothing. It was completely a waste of time on my part. That was in 08.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

ceetee9 (2nd March 2014), jackovesk (3rd March 2014), mojo (3rd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014), william r sanford72 (4th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Amysenthia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 times in 372 posts

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)
    For years I did not support MUFON because of what I had heard and read about it being infiltrated by the CIA and other government groups. But in 2010 there were some people who would be speaking at the July MUFON Symposium in Denver Colorado who I wanted to see so I decided to join MUFON and go. I thought the symposium was very interesting and my wife and I enjoyed most of the speakers.

However, the next year I received an email from MUFON investigator, Elaine Douglass (May 12, 2011), regarding the MUFON reform committee’s analysis of their “Star Team Confidentiality Agreement.” Several other emails and political maneuvering were to follow (the details of which I don’t recall), but, for me, this one email alone confirmed what I had read (and had believed) before; that MUFON was indeed infiltrated by government operatives with the intent to siphon off (i.e., keep secret) all of the truly remarkable UFO/abduction cases while letting the less remarkable cases be released for public consumption. Consequently, I immediately responded to the email (cc’ing all on the list) letting them know what I thought about this “agreement” farce and why I would not be renewing my membership.

Up until this point, I was seriously considering becoming a MUFON field investigator, but once I saw this agreement I knew that doing so would be of little consequence or value--at least for me.

I don’t know if this agreement is still in effect or if it has been modified since and, quite frankly, I don’t really care since, again, for me, the cat was let out of the bag and no matter how much political shenanigans went on I could have no trust or faith that the organization would ever be truly serving the public interest.

At any rate, you can read about the infamous "Gagged-for-life Star Team Confidentiality Agreement" for yourselves and make your own determination.
    Ceetee9,

I just emailed a star team member and sent him the link you provided to see if this agreement is true. I will publish his response when I get it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

ceetee9 (2nd March 2014), johnf (3rd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    I have had two very close encounters with UFOs (most likely many more, that I don't remember), anyway, officially I reported them both to MUFON immediately. Never got a call, an email, nothing. It was completely a waste of time on my part. That was in 08.
    I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I am curious Sidney what state did you report them in. I know that MUFON is now showing monthly statistics on how many cases are completed state by state and they do acknowledge that not all cases are completed. I do believe that when an FI does not complete cases on a consistent basis they are identified and they are no longer permitted to be a Field Investigator. I can only say that it can be overwhelming when you get a lot of cases, and work a full time job, to investigate them all. However, I do know that I at least attempt to contact every single person that makes a report and where there is evidence that can be followed up on I do so.

Like I have said in earlier posts it is a "volunteer organization" and it sounds like your cases have been assigned to a not so dedicated volunteer FI. I personally feel bad when I hear reports like this when MUFON volunteers have missed the mark.
    Last edited by Amysenthia; 1st March 2014 at 18:45.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

At any rate, you can read about the infamous "Gagged-for-life Star Team Confidentiality Agreement" for yourselves and make your own determination.
    .[/QUOTE]
    ceetee9 this contract is pretty crazy, obviously smacks of covering up any good data for people to learn from, why cover this stuff up? to me it smacks of higher ups who ever that may be, keeping any really good info for themselves to learn or develop new ideas or techn. or what have you, i think your right here, it speaks for itself, unfortunately im sure some FI may have their heads in the sand or simply not informed of the real agenda, which is kind of life as usual around some parts. lol

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

ceetee9 (2nd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by tnkayaker (here)
    "ceetee9 this contract is pretty crazy, obviously smacks of covering up any good data for people to learn from, why cover this stuff up? to me it smacks of higher ups who ever that may be, keeping any really good info for themselves to learn or develop new ideas or techn. or what have you, i think your right here, it speaks for itself, unfortunately im sure some FI may have their heads in the sand or simply not informed of the real agenda, which is kind of life as usual around some parts. lol[/QUOTE]"

My response to you:

Because I am the only MUFON FI that seems to be posting here tnkayaker I would assume that this reference to, "FI may have their heads in the sand or simply not informed of the real agenda, which is kind of life as usual around some parts.", is being directed at me. So be it. You are entitled to your opinion.

I have for many years now heard these opinions about MUFON and I have always investigated their legitimacy. I do not keep my head in the sand as you say. I just have not yet found any overwhelming evidence to support the cases that are made that MUFON is not worth being a member of at this time. I have to wonder if those here that seem to be bashing MUFON have ever once visited MUFON.com, been to a MUFON conference, etc.

Does anyone ever think that perhaps the best way to get rid of an organization that attempts to "get the word out about he UFO phenomenon" is to discredit it. The information being provided here sounds very much to me like the smear campaigns done to people by the government lackies that try to get good, credible people to not talk about, organize, or pursue the dissemination of information about UFOs.

I do not believe that MUFON is perfect but I also have not come across any evidence that would tell me that it is not a good organization to be a part of. At least nothing that has been presented in this thread.

As I mentioned above. I have just emailed a star team member and asked if they have been asked to sign such an agreement. I know that this same member has asked if I would be willing to help if I was ever needed in my area. I said I would be and was never asked to sign something like this. I was told however, that I would have to be ready to leave immediately if I got word to go. I also was never told I could not tell anyone about it or where I was going.

So at this point I don't really know if this "star team agreement" is still true or not. I will let you know if I find out. Also I will continue to pay attention to news about MUFON and if at any point I come across information that makes me feel that I would not want to be part of the organization I will post it here on Avalon and let everyone know.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

ceetee9 (2nd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014), william r sanford72 (1st March 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by Amysenthia (here)
    Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    I am sorry to hear that this happened to you. I am curious Sidney what state did you report them in. I know that MUFON is now showing monthly statistics on how many cases are completed state by state and they do acknowledge that not all cases are completed. I do believe that when an FI does not complete cases on a consistent basis they are identified and they are no longer permitted to be a Field Investigator. I can only say that it can be overwhelming when you get a lot of cases, and work a full time job, to investigate them all. However, I do know that I at least attempt to contact every single person that makes a report and where there is evidence that can be followed up on I do so.

Like I have said in earlier posts it is a "volunteer organization" and it sounds like your cases have been assigned to a not so dedicated volunteer FI. I personally feel bad when I hear reports like this when MUFON volunteers have missed the mark.
    I was in Illinois. It was very disappointing, but my guess is that there were unseen forces that disabled the potential help I may have gotten at that time, as that wass the beginnings of many years until present, of sheer hell.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014), william r sanford72 (4th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

This is the response which I received from the Assistant State Director about the Star Team agreement.

"All STAR team members were required to sign documents. I would have to pull out my original forms before I would quote the verbiage. While some may have had issues with some of the requirements, I think they really need to reconsider the side effects.

If everyone was allowed to use their research, photos, and etc from a STAR team case to write books, television and so forth. I would be concerned with how many people would become STAR team members for their own personal gain. They may also withhold information and evidence to further promote their own gain.

The individual who started the effort against the requirements also had issues with MUFON as a whole and was wanting reform. While they may have had some valid points they wanted a whole new structure. I received a number of emails from the group and chose not to be involved. "

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

ceetee9 (3rd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

"ceetee9 this contract is pretty crazy, obviously smacks of covering up any good data for people to learn from, why cover this stuff up? to me it smacks of higher ups who ever that may be, keeping any really good info for themselves to learn or develop new ideas or techn. or what have you, i think your right here, it speaks for itself, unfortunately im sure some FI may have their heads in the sand or simply not informed of the real agenda, which is kind of life as usual around some parts. lol"
    My response to you:

Because I am the only MUFON FI that seems to be posting here tnkayaker I would assume that this reference to, "FI may have their heads in the sand or simply not informed of the real agenda, which is kind of life as usual around some parts.", is being directed at me. So be it. You are entitled to your opinion.

I have for many years now heard these opinions about MUFON and I have always investigated their legitimacy. I do not keep my head in the sand as you say. I just have not yet found any overwhelming evidence to support the cases that are made that MUFON is not worth being a member of at this time. I have to wonder if those here that seem to be bashing MUFON have ever once visited MUFON.com, been to a MUFON conference, etc.
    Amysenthia, while I know you weren't directing this comment directly at me, I want you to know that I (at least) have visited MUFON.com many times and have done a fair amount of investigation into it as well as many other UFO websites over the years because the UFO phenomenon is THE subject of primary interest to me and is what led me to Camelot and Avalon. I apologize if you felt I was casting any aspersions on you as a MUFON FI. That was certainly not my intention.

However, I don't feel that I was "bashing" MUFON, but simply relaying information that I had encountered and my opinions regarding it. I always encourage everyone to do their own research and form their own opinions about any topic. If you have investigated the allegations about MUFON and find there is no "overwhelming evidence" to substantiate those allegations that is fine. None of us "know" with 100% certainty what the "truth" is on any given controversial subject. All any of us can do is examine the evidence with an open mind and as impartially as we can and draw our own conclusions. That is all I ask of anyone.

Quote Does anyone ever think that perhaps the best way to get rid of an organization that attempts to "get the word out about he UFO phenomenon" is to discredit it.
    Absolutely. I consider that possibility all the time when I question the true intent and motives behind someone else's criticism--and so should everyone else. And while I understand that by claiming that my intent is only to relay information I have found, offer my opinion on it, and to encourage others to investigate for themselves--and is never to simply "discredit" the legitimacy, truthfulness or motivations of any organization, subject or evidence--does not, in and of itself, make it necessarily so in other people's minds, it is nonetheless the truth.

Quote The information being provided here sounds very much to me like the smear campaigns done to people by the government lackies that try to get good, credible people to not talk about, organize, or pursue the dissemination of information about UFOs.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I, for one, certainly do not want people to not talk about, organize or pursue the dissemination of information about UFOs. In my opinion, the UFO/ET matter is the biggest, most important subject in human history. And I understand that the government wants to keep the truth about its reality from the public for as long as possible--for many obvious reasons. Unfortunately, this is the mine field that we must navigate. I fervently hope that those suppressing this information will mature and realize the folly of their actions.

Don't forget that deception works on many fronts. There are those within and without organizations who, either wittingly or unwittingly, serve the interests of those who wish to keep the truth from ever seeing the light of day.

Quote As I mentioned above. I have just emailed a star team member and asked if they have been asked to sign such an agreement.

...So at this point I don't really know if this "star team agreement" is still true or not. I will let you know if I find out.
    Thank you. I am very interested in hearing what this Star Team member has to say. (I assume you can trust this person to be truthful.)

Quote Also I will continue to pay attention to news about MUFON and if at any point I come across information that makes me feel that I would not want to be part of the organization I will post it here on Avalon and let everyone know.
    Excellent. Thank you again.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014), tnkayaker (13th March 2014)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Ceetee9 that response was not put out to you but to tnkayaker. I felt that the statement made by them, "im sure some FI may have their heads in the sand or simply not informed of the real agenda, which is kind of life as usual around some parts", was directed at me and I felt offended by the assumption of it.

I do not think that you were conducting yourself in that way. I also do realize how if the star team agreement is written as presented above seems at bit controlling based on its requirements. However, I did post the response the response of a star team member and his perception of keeping a UFO encounter of the 4th kind that they may to called to as confidential as possible.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amysenthia For This Post:

ceetee9 (3rd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

This is the response which I received from the Assistant State Director about the Star Team agreement.

"All STAR team members were required to sign documents. I would have to pull out my original forms before I would quote the verbiage. While some may have had issues with some of the requirements, I think they really need to reconsider the side effects.

If everyone was allowed to use their research, photos, and etc from a STAR team case to write books, television and so forth. I would be concerned with how many people would become STAR team members for their own personal gain. They may also withhold information and evidence to further promote their own gain.

The individual who started the effort against the requirements also had issues with MUFON as a whole and was wanting reform. While they may have had some valid points they wanted a whole new structure. I received a number of emails from the group and chose not to be involved. "
    Thank you Amysenthia for posting your MUFON Assistant State Director's response to your query.

My thoughts on the Assistant Director's comments are as follows:
    • If MUFON was only concerned about a member benefiting financially (or otherwise) from an extraordinary case study they investigated (or any case for that matter), it would be easy enough to address those concerns in the agreement without requiring the member to remain silent and trust MUFON's upper echelon to determine whether a case warranted becoming public knowledge or not.
    • If there is nothing untoward in the Star Team Agreement, rather than pull out the original forms and quote (perhaps selectively) verbiage, why not publish the entire agreement so everyone can determine for themselves whether there is anything to hide in the agreement?
    • If some members had issues with the agreement, what were those issues and what are the "side effects" the Assistant Director felt those members ought to reconsider?
    • The fact that there were several members within the MUFON organization who were were opposed to this agreement and were calling for reform--some of whom quit or were removed from the organization (ostensibly for their insubordination as I recall), indicates that, perhaps, reform was warranted.
    • What were the "valid points" the reform group had with MUFON and have they been addressed and corrected?
    I appreciate the fact that the Assistant (Ohio?) State Director did not deny that there were/are "documents" that Star Team members were/are required to sign as condition of their membership.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Gardener (3rd March 2014), johnf (3rd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014), tnkayaker (13th March 2014)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 times in 2,841 posts

wasnt sure how to proceed.how i felt about mufon.as whole it is best to feel any such enity like MUFON is beeing watched and maybe used.thats a given...less than a year after my up close interaction with a craft and supposed ets..i found myself basicly losing my grip..i couldnt hang..and outta desperation i called mufon..again..that led to meeting Bev Trout..who by all rights threw me a life boat..just her saying she believed me..with her eyes and heart..was enough for me to keep going.searching.Mufon..does some good.atleast for me.i dont like how they shut my last photos down..and so forth thoe i will always bee gratefull..and Bev trout made it into the last mufon journal..just sent out.
    Truth Always.
    William.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

Amysenthia (4th March 2014), ceetee9 (4th March 2014), mojo (3rd March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

23. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Ceetee9 that response was not put out to you but to tnkayaker. I felt that the statement made by them, "im sure some FI may have their heads in the sand or simply not informed of the real agenda, which is kind of life as usual around some parts", was directed at me and I felt offended by the assumption of it.
    .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ........................Amysenthia, i think your missing my point while continuing to over look the real issue at hand, im sure all FI dont get briefed as to what ufo cases are the "hottest" ones and which ones are just medium on the scale so to speak, this is nothing personal towards you, but seeing your response fuels my thoughts that certain hot cases may be filtered out and handled only by upper echelon members for who knows what agenda, keeping an open mind to the what ifs i would think is just as important as knowing what really happens, anything is possible, i applaud your steadfast stance but seeing a contract like the contract shown above speaks for itself doesnt it? im not saying i know what happens here and i just ponder conclusions like alot of people, anytime a large amount of money is involved or thrown into a organization there has to be an agenda of some sorts, i would ponder the person donating the money is wanting something or some control over information for what ever his or her reasons are, thats all, now it just so happens the person donating a large amount of money owns a company that develops cutting edge space age gadgets, so im sure there is no mis-intentions at play here, sweetdreams .....

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

ceetee9 (4th March 2014), Nasu (4th March 2014)

25. Link to Post #33
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)
    upon a little poking around i found this web site with some inter sting stories to say the least, it seems to me something is going on at this skin walker ranch, some kind of portal or area of interest for other worldly beings, supposed para normal activities of all kinds, check it out for yourselves.in mho it seems the real story is this ranch more than anything else, of course if all what is being said is true it would mean this place is directly connected with et activity more so than other places for some reason. http://www.skinwalkerranch.org/
    You know they turned this into a movie & a pretty good one from memory...

http://www.solarmovie.so/watch-skinw...anch-2013.html

Many thanks...I had no idea about this (or the movie).

Dave - Toronto

26. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Yes I understand that--as I stated in my comment above--but I just wanted to clarify my position with Amysenthia, et al, to help ensure there was no misunderstanding about where I was coming from.

I wanted very much to believe that MUFON's true agenda was to bring a scientific and critical approach to the UFO phenomena, but it really doesn't take a great leap of faith to figure out when the government (and their media and academic minions) put so much effort into denying UFO sightings, cherry picking evidential data that can be easily explained via conventional explanations, ignoring data that cannot be easily explained via conventional explanations, and/or discrediting (or ignoring altogether) highly credible witnesses--often to the point of insulting any rational person's intelligence with their absurd explanations--that they would infiltrate and sabotage any and all serious UFO investigative organizations.

I'm afraid I have to concur with Command Sergeant Major Robert Dean's assessment that the government is never going to disclose the UFO reality. They simply have far too much to lose to do so. I just hope that he is right, however, that UFO disclosure is occurring through "controlled leakage"--presumably by those in the know who still have a conscience and mind to understand that not only is a world built on secrecy, lies and deception a world that cannot stand, but that sharing the UFO reality with the rest of humanity is simply the honorable and right thing to do.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Nasu (4th March 2014), tnkayaker (13th March 2014), william r sanford72 (4th March 2014)

28. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)

Thank you Amysenthia for posting your MUFON Assistant State Director's response to your query.

My thoughts on the Assistant Director's comments are as follows:
    • If MUFON was only concerned about a member benefiting financially (or otherwise) from an extraordinary case study they investigated (or any case for that matter), it would be easy enough to address those concerns in the agreement without requiring the member to remain silent and trust MUFON's upper echelon to determine whether a case warranted becoming public knowledge or not.
    • If there is nothing untoward in the Star Team Agreement, rather than pull out the original forms and quote (perhaps selectively) verbiage, why not publish the entire agreement so everyone can determine for themselves whether there is anything to hide in the agreement?
    • If some members had issues with the agreement, what were those issues and what are the "side effects" the Assistant Director felt those members ought to reconsider?
    • The fact that there were several members within the MUFON organization who were were opposed to this agreement and were calling for reform--some of whom quit or were removed from the organization (ostensibly for their insubordination as I recall), indicates that, perhaps, reform was warranted.
    • What were the "valid points" the reform group had with MUFON and have they been addressed and corrected?
    I appreciate the fact that the Assistant (Ohio?) State Director did not deny that there were/are "documents" that Star Team members were/are required to sign as condition of their membership.
    Amysenthia, I just listened to a very recent audio interview of Richard Dolan that "Wizard of Ozark" posted yesterday in the PA Owls, UFOs and Alien Abductions thread. Richard brings up the MUFON and Elaine Douglass controversy at around 1:30:00 into the interview. Very interesting. I suggest you and everyone else listen to his take on it and what he believes MUFON is really all about. Here's the link: Richard Dolan March 2014 Interview on HiddenExperience Blogspot

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

tnkayaker (13th March 2014), william r sanford72 (28th March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2