Thread: Healing ethics and practices

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Healing ethics and practices

The Healer’s Oath
    Natural Healers Association

As a Natural Healer, I pledge that I will not, in any manner, or at any time, abuse the responsibility entrusted to me. I will endeavour at all times to live a life which is worthy of that trust.

I will use my Divine-given gift to the best of my ability to alleviate suffering and in the service of humanity without seeking acclaim. I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, politics, or social standing to intervene between my duty and my client. I will not criticise other healers. As a channel for the power and love of the Divine, I understand that this power and love will be directed through me to where it’s most needed. Thus, I will not, in any way interfere with medical treatment and will work in co-operation with my fellow healers. I will use my gift with conscience and dignity and the physical, mental and spiritual health of my client shall be my first consideration at all times.

“Whatsoever house I enter, there will I go for the benefit of the sick, refraining from all wrongdoing or corruption. Whatsoever things I see or hear concerning the life of men, women and children, in my attendance on the sick or even apart there from, which ought not to be noised abroad, I will keep silence thereon, counting such things to be as sacred secrets. Pure will I keep my life and my healing art.”

I have noticed a variety of oaths , that apply to healers...

Do you, as a healer follow a certain set of guidelines? do you share an oath with your patients?

As example ..if you feel you can no longer help a patient.. how would you go about telling them?

Do you get close with your patients?

Have you ever loved them?

2. Link to Post #2
    Finland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Healing ethics and practices

Quote Posted by céline (here)

oaths , that apply to healers...
    As example ..if you feel you can no longer help a patient.. how would you go about telling them?

Do you get close with your patients?

Have you ever loved them?
    I am not a healer, I dread illnesses and diseases,
    but here are my thoughts.
    (Though I had a reiki initiation by the longest practising Reiki Master John Harvey Gray, in 1999)

In my opinion there should be no oaths,
    the healing should be based on TRUST.

A natural healer cannot call their customers patients, I would call them
    people or souls that were guided to come to me,
    or felt a connection to my healing energy.
    The word patient sounds too clinical.

One cannot heal anyone that does not want to be healed.

The natural healer's task is to ENCOURAGE the person's own ability to heal themselves.
    To set the healing process in motion.

The healing is about LOVE, unconditional Love,
    if you feel that you cannot love, just accept the person,
    you should be honest with that.

If you feel that your love shifts to more intimate levels,
    be honest with yourself and the person being healed.

It is about honesty, being genuine, a clear channel for life force, chi or ki.

Love to you,
    a.

3. Link to Post #3
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Agreed, Trust is a key element.

The relationship is also a very private one between healer and patient.

Genuine Healers... that is hard to find sadly today...so many claim to be what they are not.

4. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Agreed, Trust is a key element.

The relationship is also a very private one between healer and patient.

Genuine Healers... that is hard to find sadly today...so many claim to be what they are not.
    Trust is a key as you say Celine, some people can have walls of certificates and be only there for the money while others can be very effective even withouth having "official" certifications, there are gifted people that sometimes can point one in the right direction as healing not only happens at physical level

Love

5. Link to Post #5
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

And there are ego filled people who take titles unworthy to them..

And in these days of "over saturation" and "dis-information" people need tools to recognize when they are being had.

6. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And there are ego filled people who take titles unworthy to them..

And in these days of "over saturation" and "dis-information" people need tools to recognize when they are being had.
    Perhaps that is the biggest difficulty, to learn how to recognize what is real and what is fake. The best safeguard is to have a strong conection with ones own higher parts that can offer guidance when needed. That relationship takes time an effort but we live in a "fast" society in which people many times aim for quick fixes and possibly that is what gives space for quacks in all levels

Love

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I know that I have participated on this subject in the "Fraudulent Healers" thread, but perhaps some people have not seen it. Thus, I risk repeating some of what I said there.

I am a Healer. I accept no money from anyone. The only thing I will take from a grateful recipient of my services is a cutting from their garden, to incorporate their energy into my home.

That said, I have no Oath. My personal ethics are to do no harm. By that I mean that I intend my Healing to "work" only if it is in the best interest of the person I am working with. I promise nothing, except to do my best to help. I tell people at the outset that I will likely get information during the Healing, and I am prepared to tell them what it is, but they need to be sure they want to hear it. Since most people have no idea what kind of information that might be, I do give them a general idea after the Healing, e.g.: "I have learned that there is something that you need to do in order to get completely well. Do you want to hear it? Do you want to talk about it?" If they don't, then the matter is closed, and I will do what I can to alleviate their pain, at least. Sometimes the information is of a different nature, and I have to be very careful not to upend someone's paradigm without thinking how they will deal with it.

All of these things, and more, constitute a code of ethics that are simply part of me. I owe no allegiance to anyone; however, my toughest master is myself. If I make a misstep in explaining something, I find it difficult to forgive myself. Which shows that I have a way to go, yet, on my own Path!

I imagine that all skilled and ethical Healers must have some such code within themselves. The practitioners I know (trained, all, rather than "gifted") are consistent in how they approach people and handle such issues. They are not the same as me, but they act honorably by their own lights.

I have no walls with certificates. I am a high school dropout without a single college credit to my name. In the "world," before I retired from it, I ended my career as a management consultant teaching team-building and behavioral skills using a four-factor Jungian model. Now I am a grandmother who bakes cookies, counsels folk who come to my door for help, Heals, and does a few other interesting energetic things. Which is a roundabout way of saying that no piece of paper can define a person. No endorsement from a government agency is much good to an abused or misused patient. I may be very good at what I do, or not so good at all. There is no way to tell from listening to me or reading a piece of paper with my name on it. Only by experiencing what I have to offer can my skill be validated.

That works very well for me, since I want nothing. That, I believe, is the key to my own personal Path.

If I were to give advice to someone seeking to evaluate a particular Healer before the fact, I would suggest closing the eyes, clearing the mind, and "feel" about him or her. What is your hunch? In what direction are you pulled? Do you use a pendulum or some method to talk with your Spirit Guides, if such is within your paradigm? They are very good sources of "go" and "no-go" in these matters. If you don't trust your own instincts, could someone else you trust hold a pendulum for you while you ask the question?

In my case, I hold the person's hand, if they are nervous, and ask them to close their eyes and feel what they feel about me, experience the gentle energy that I send through their hand. If it feels creepy, or wrong, they ought not to go there.

Within ourselves we KNOW what is true. We have to trust that knowing. We have to begin somewhere.

But beware the self-aggrandizing. Truly powerful people ought to be humbled by that power. If they are not, here be dragons....
    Last edited by Lairenia; 6th April 2010 at 16:45. Reason: formatting error

+ Reply to Thread