+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confessions of a Sociopath

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,872 times in 463 posts

Post Confessions of a Sociopath

I read in this post from Onyxknight

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/sho...l=1#post227364

about the inner self as "opposed" to the higher self being able to "shut down completely".

He mentioned that sociopaths seem to be in this mode of behaviour constantly so I got interested and got the book in the threads title by M. E. Thomas.

I wanted to cite some parts that impressed me and I think everyone can benefit from either in knowing these sociopaths traits better or even look what is good about this mode of behavior and try to adopt parts of it.

"When I do these things, it doesnīt feel as if Iīm so overwhelmed by the carrot; itīs more like I am so unimpressed by the stick."

"Itīs not that bad things donīt happen to me; they do. But I just donīt feel that bad about them. Maybe in the moment I feel some regret or anxiety, but itīs quickly forgotten and the world seems ripe with promise again."

"And precautions are expensive, either in terms of actual costs for safety or opportunity costs for risks that you could have taken but didnīt."

"I could choose to take charge of my life, to leverage my time, talents, and health,
    and to potentially profit or die trying.
    Or I could contentedly get in line and wait my turn."

"I never failed to uo the ante in our neighborhood games. If we were jumping off the diving board into the pool, I asked how much more fun it would be to jump off the roof into the pool."

"When I was on, I could delight everyone. But sometimes I could be too much. I would demand too much attention, pushing past cuteness to an uncofortable grotesque. Other times I would turn off, withdrawing completely into myself as if no one else was around me. I felt like I could turn invisible."

"The only physical contact I wanted entailed violence, and that I craved.
    (...beating her best friend...)
    It didnīt even occur to me that it would hurt her or that she might not like it."

"I developed my own forms of power by convincing people that pleasing me was in their own best interest.
    If someone who loves you is hitting you that hard, you have more power than he does. Youīve provoked a reaction in him that he cannot control, and if you are like me, you will use this incident however it suits you for as long as your are associated with him."

"The loud noise triggers a rush of adrenaline in the form of increased heart rate, heightened sensitivity to sounds, decreased peripheral vision;
    I observed these facts to myself calmly. I passively ignored their invitation to feel a sense or urgency as being counterproductive. Despite my bodyīs involuntary physical reactions, there was no emotional panic. I donīt know what it feels like to panic in a situation like this. If anything, I was intrigued, curious to see how events would unravel."

"Any power I had gained by walking away from him and locking that door was stolen back from me the moment he saw the distress in my eyes, even if it was only slight."

kind regards

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Flash (2nd March 2014), LivioRazlo (2nd March 2014), Nasu (3rd March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Confessions of a Sociopath

Hi.. this is how to truly identify, flush out and stop a socio/psychopath http://nwocsi.wordpress.com/2013/12/...nt-of-the-nwo/ while at the same time attempt to help them in the process... it's up to the individual to decide they'd like to change themselves. First, a sociopath (psychopath is practically synonymous) has to be shaken into reality and that's what I did with Chiarini.

If you are interested in having your character profile analyzed for your own benefit by Naomi please keep it on the level of career path direction, by all means. At her request, I have decided not to continue profiling my cases with her assistance because she does not want to be considered a CSI. I use her services because she is the best this world has to offer and must ask that you respect her business with helping people. Thank you, Lee

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,872 times in 463 posts

Is Naomi featured in the video?

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Fascinating interview with a sociopath

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

araucaria (18th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (17th September 2020), wegge (29th June 2021)

+ Reply to Thread