+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Huge Lightning Flash During Snowstorm

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Default Huge Lightning Flash During Snowstorm

Hey folks , it's been snowing all day , 13 degrees outside everything covered with snow and ice, and the wind howling ... just had a huge flash of lightning and then thunder that lasted about 20 seconds ... has anyone else heard of lighting during a freezing snowstorm ??? what the heck earl ???
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

carryattune (5th March 2014), DeDukshyn (2nd March 2014), Ellisa (2nd March 2014), Inaiá (3rd March 2014), selinam (3rd March 2014), skyflower (2nd March 2014), Sunny-side-up (2nd March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd March 2014), WHOMADEGOD (3rd March 2014), Wind (3rd March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 times in 226 posts

Default Re: Huge Lightning Flash During Snowstorm

Thundersnow!!! Be careful...it's really freaky. Guess those are the ones we have to stay inside for...BOOM!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Synchronicity For This Post:

carryattune (5th March 2014), ghostrider (3rd March 2014), skyflower (2nd March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Hey folks , it's been snowing all day , 13 degrees outside everything covered with snow and ice, and the wind howling ... just had a huge flash of lightning and then thunder that lasted about 20 seconds ... has anyone else heard of lighting during a freezing snowstorm ??? what the heck earl ???
    Being a Canadian in the prairies, I will say that snow itself can induce lightning. The snow flakes actually can carry charges - so it doesn't even need to be a thunderstorm - just lots of snow and the right conditions. It isn't common, but I have seen it happen a handful of times in my life. I do recall one particular extreme one where there was plenty of lightning, but no storm activity at all -- just lots of dry snow falling.

Consider yourself lucky to have experienced it! It is really strange to witness.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

carryattune (5th March 2014), Ellisa (2nd March 2014), ghostrider (3rd March 2014), selinam (3rd March 2014), skyflower (2nd March 2014), Sunny-side-up (2nd March 2014), Synchronicity (2nd March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd March 2014), Wind (3rd March 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Yep, being in the midwest, its not a common occurrence but not unheard of either. I have witnessed it maybe five times in 50 years. Including this morning. Just part of the weather.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

carryattune (5th March 2014), Ellisa (2nd March 2014), ghostrider (3rd March 2014), Sunny-side-up (2nd March 2014), Synchronicity (2nd March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (2nd March 2014), Wind (3rd March 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

This forum can always teach me something. Lightning in a snow-storm. It sounds almost primeval! I'm thinking of you people in the cold and hoping you are staying as warm as possible.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

carryattune (5th March 2014), ghostrider (3rd March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd March 2014), Wind (3rd March 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ginnyk's Avatar
    Thanks

Here in Arkansas, we had thunder and lightning this afternoon while it was sleeting.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ginnyk For This Post:

carryattune (5th March 2014), ghostrider (3rd March 2014), halffull (4th March 2014), Sidney (3rd March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (3rd March 2014), Wind (3rd March 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

thanks everyone , the weird thing is it snowed for two days straight , I'm watching it out the glass door , it's was just snow , that's all , I start looking at the forum and the threads for the day , and FLASH , the room lit up , and THEN BOOM roaring tumbling ground shaking thunder ONLY ONCE ... then no more ...today here at my location I've experienced freezing snow , three small earthquakes , thunder and lightning , now minus tempatures , and I live in the south ... go figure , and some still debate climate change , hell come stay with me for a couple days , you'll see climate change first hand ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Ellisa (3rd March 2014), halffull (4th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

In the Midwest we get thunder-snowstorms but not often. In the spring anything goes. Wisconsin is the only state I know of that has had a snow tornado. The bar's been lowered, indeed, but not sure if I approve of January Tornadoes. I'm OK with the rest of the year.

16. Link to Post #9
    Great Britain Avalon Member AngelArmy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

thanks everyone , the weird thing is it snowed for two days straight , I'm watching it out the glass door , it's was just snow , that's all , I start looking at the forum and the threads for the day , and FLASH , the room lit up , and THEN BOOM roaring tumbling ground shaking thunder ONLY ONCE ... then no more ...today here at my location I've experienced freezing snow , three small earthquakes , thunder and lightning , now minus tempatures , and I live in the south ... go figure , and some still debate climate change , hell come stay with me for a couple days , you'll see climate change first hand ...
    They should teach this stuff in schools

17. The Following User Says Thank You to AngelArmy For This Post:

halffull (4th March 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,982 times in 1,576 posts

Yes it has happened here in Washington often a lightning strike thunder and then Snow.
    "A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

19. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Highlighted ones could be connected.
    http://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2014.../earth-lights/

+ Reply to Thread