+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A new technological tracking device - Never lose anything ever again - TrackR by Phone halo - Safe or not ?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,278 times in 605 posts

Default A new technological tracking device - Never lose anything ever again - TrackR by Phone halo - Safe or not ?

They are giving them away for free for 7 days promotion new technological tracking devices named TrackR made by Phone halo.

How it works:
    The wireless coin sized StickR TrackR device attaches to commonly misplaced items. Using an iPhone or Android app, the user can quickly locate their lost or misplaced items in seconds by causing the item to ring, using the app's hot & cold sensor, or via the last known GPS coordinates.

Source: Watch on Vimeo

Source: http://www.thetrackr.com/?ref=ytYwN

This is information about the company Phone halo based in Santa barbara, U.S.A.
    http://phonehalo.com/about-us/management-team/

What do you think about that ?
    Do you think that people can put them on their child's clothes to know were they are if anything happens ?
    Or in a car ?

Do you think it is safe to out your address to get one free ?

Thank you for your advice.
    We are one !

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

Inaiá (8th March 2014), Nasu (7th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: A new technological tracking device - Never lose anything ever again - TrackR by Phone halo - Safe or not ?

The beginning of the end of the little freedom that we still had ...
    Last edited by korgh; 7th March 2014 at 21:35.
    All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes that a thing is no poison.
    (Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to korgh For This Post:

Nat_Lee (8th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,882 times in 4,415 posts

Default Re: A new technological tracking device - Never lose anything ever again - TrackR by Phone halo - Safe or not ?

well the beginning of the end started years ago. But truthfully, this would be great for car keys. Something I lose daily.
    Last edited by Sidney; 8th March 2014 at 05:12.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Inaiá (8th March 2014), Nat_Lee (8th March 2014), Synchronicity (13th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)
    well the beginning of the end started years ago. But truthfully, this would be great for car keys. Something I lost daily.
    Yep.. i must agree with you!
    These gadgets are useful nowadays when you lost the car keys or the wallet and i really like gadgets but what is behind of this technology?

"That's simple. Unlike regular GPS devices, TrackR uses a new form of GPS technology called Crowd GPS. When an item goes missing with a TrackR device attached, all TrackR enabled phones will begin to search for the item. If another user comes nearby the item, that user's phone will ping our server which will then update the item's owner with the new GPS coordinates.
    The more people in our network, the more real time the GPS updates will be and the better our devices will work. Help us build the next GPS network.
    "

Cheers
    All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes that a thing is no poison.
    (Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to korgh For This Post:

Inaiá (8th March 2014), Nat_Lee (8th March 2014), Sidney (7th March 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    England Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,070 times in 656 posts

LOL I've got one inbuilt already in me LOL

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SPIRIT WOLF For This Post:

Inaiá (8th March 2014), Nat_Lee (8th March 2014), Sidney (8th March 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 times in 537 posts

I can see where I would need that for my credit card and keys! lol. But cell phone? Doesn't it already have a GPS in it? lol

LOL Barry, I keep looking under my car, in my cloths, shoes. Where is that darn thing?!?! lol
    If I beep at the darn grocery store, I'll faint! lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kari Lynn For This Post:

Nat_Lee (8th March 2014), Sidney (8th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,882 times in 4,415 posts

Quote Posted by SPIRIT WOLF (here)
    LOL I've got one inbuilt already in me LOL

Hey me too!!!!! LOL That was pretty funny!!!!Nice that we can see some humor out of it, regardless.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Nat_Lee (8th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,452 times in 1,084 posts

Hi Nat
    Great idea for girls...

Actually...the real reason why you girls always lose your keys is because they are always under the makeup...the mascara...the lipstick...the nail varnish...the blush-on...etc etc etc. The handbag is always so big and full...you need a day to unpack it...and the keys are always there...right at the bottom of all that stuff

Men don't lose their keys because they have only 2 things to worry about...the wallet...which goes in the back pocket...and the address of the restaurant they will be taking you girls to...which goes in the GPS device in the car.

If you girls make a really concerted effort you can slowly begin to change the collective consciousness of women by beginning to see the disadvantaged of carrying all your possessions around with you in one bag

Hope this helps because I really love you all.

Just in case you think I have no experience with this...I am ONE man amongst 6 girls and so I know what I'm talking about...OK...and the amount of times I have had to search for lost keys makes me a little bit of an expert here

Love you all
    Ray

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (31st July 2015), Nat_Lee (8th March 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have tried the Sticknfind. I have a boxer who should be named Houdini and loves to take a tour of the neighborhood when the mood strikes him. The neighbors do not appreciate his cat food eating-female dog impregnating-garbage liberating-poop deploying wild wild ways. Comes in @ 3 in the morning with a look of utter satisfaction and the odor of a drunken skunk orgy.

Oh... Sticknfind sux. We'll see how this works. Thanks!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to robertr2m For This Post:

Nat_Lee (13th March 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Great stuff.. "new technology" to find things . But... did you ever find yourself in a situation where you didn't have any of these "new technology" toys and you ask yourself ( your Spirit ) .. "where did I put my... keys, wallet, hat, car, etc, etc. And look look.. you found it.

Everything to keep our spirit aside and sleeping like a baby.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to aniN For This Post:

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aniN (here)
    Great stuff.. "new technology" to find things . But... did you ever find yourself in a situation where you didn't have any of these "new technology" toys and you ask yourself ( your Spirit ) .. "where did I put my... keys, wallet, hat, car, etc, etc. And look look.. you found it.

Everything to keep our spirit aside and sleeping like a baby.
    All the time !
    That works for me
    We are one !

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,043 times in 226 posts

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Hi Nat
    Great idea for girls...

Actually...the real reason why you girls always lose your keys is because they are always under the makeup...the mascara...the lipstick...the nail varnish...the blush-on...etc etc etc. The handbag is always so big and full...you need a day to unpack it...and the keys are always there...right at the bottom of all that stuff

Men don't lose their keys because they have only 2 things to worry about...the wallet...which goes in the back pocket...and the address of the restaurant they will be taking you girls to...which goes in the GPS device in the car.

If you girls make a really concerted effort you can slowly begin to change the collective consciousness of women by beginning to see the disadvantaged of carrying all your possessions around with you in one bag

Just in case you think I have no experience with this...I am ONE man amongst 6 girls and so I know what I'm talking about...OK...and the amount of times I have had to search for lost keys makes me a little bit of an expert here

Love you all
    Ray
    Oh, how funny! I have a little pocket in my purse for keys and so forth, so I don't usually lose things there. My husband, on the other hand, loses his wallet and phone all the time. So I guess he would be your outlier. I got him something for his keys that would respond if he whistled, but then he reminded me that he can't whistle, so that was a bust

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Synchronicity For This Post:

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Hi Nat
    Great idea for girls...

Love you all
    Ray

P.S. - Attempt number 3 - I have already aswer 2 times and each time something happened and erase my message ! I guest the words and timing was not good ! -

Well said Ray ! This is so true !
    Haaahhaaa.....

I guest I have a strong masculine side because I often leave my big ''wale'' home and just don't feel to bring all my life with me ....
    I think that is because I was raised by my father (my mother left when I was 5 years old. We always had a contact with her, just not living with her)......

I prefer using my intuitions like
    Quote Posted by aniN (here)
    says, so I will not buy this device ...
    Good technology Doh !
    Last edited by Nat_Lee; 15th March 2014 at 04:59. Reason: Spelling
    We are one !

+ Reply to Thread