Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst 1 35 45 55 90 LastLast

Thread: Boeing MH370 disappears in flight with 239 passengers

1. Link to Post #881
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Default Re: Boeing MH370 disappears in flight with 239 passengers

Quote Posted by Gardener (here)
    According to the talking heads on BBC news (tv) Its looking like they have located something a little more substantial. Relatives have been briefed and they are going to fly them to Australia. The Australian PM is going to make an announcement at 2pm gmt.
    The Malaysian Prime Minister just announced that the company who runs the satellite that traced the engine "pings" from MH370 has re-analysed the data. This new analysis indicates that the plane flew in the Southern corridor and ended up in the Southern Indian Ocean in the region off the Western Australian coast that the search is being undertaken.

Earlier the head of AMSA indicated that the satellite imagery they were getting from the various countries military satellites was very grainy and that he viewed this may have been deliberate so as to not let other countries know the level of resolution they were able to get. He seemed a little sad when he said it, as if to say "Why can't they just give me the information I need to do my job".

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Agape (24th March 2014), Atlas (24th March 2014), Gardener (24th March 2014), Hervé (24th March 2014), Inaiá (25th March 2014), Magnus (30th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014), Roisin (24th March 2014), Ruby L. (24th March 2014), seko (24th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #882
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

Might be of interest but one of the remote viewers has just done another session on a new target- determining the plane's location and described it as feeling like an airplane hangar.

9555/5176]
    Summary of ST

The main target is a living thing I find sitting in a cross-legged position. Something large, rounded, and with a flat top sits on the target’s head. There is up and down movement here. The target appears to have a somewhat stocky build, is sitting with straight back, and hands resting on knees. Clothing may be loose fitting. There is an acrid, pungent smell and the taste is salty. The temperature is warm. There are the sounds of crackling and rustling and there are voices. The emotions of excitement and suspicion are present. Associate with the target are the following: squatting, humorous, gathering, and meeting. There is the idea of ‘brightly lit room’. I feel puzzled.

There is a structure, a thing that is also a tool. It is an interior, huge in size, curved above, but also flat, angular, and straight surfaces are present. It is hard and edged, brown and red, acrid, earthy, bitter and salty, hot, and there is a clinking and dripping. There is also quietness here. Associated is burnished, twisted, protecting and maintenance. Light appears to be spilling in from the outside. There is the idea of ‘bright light through the gap in the door’. There is the re-occurring idea of ‘aircraft hanger’.I feel lonely.

There is a man-made structure (this appears to be the floor), a surface that is a casing. It is hard, bumpy, but also smooth and greasy. It is quite distinct. It is hard, both bumpy and smooth, and it is greasy. It is dark, black, and smells acrid, while the taste is bland and earthy. It is cool to touch, and there are the sounds of dripping and rhythmic thumping. The surface is flat, with long parallel straight indentations running along the surface as if cut into it by a machine and some kind of cross hatching pattern too. Associated with it are surety, and asking. There are the ideas of ‘base line for it’, ‘bottomed out’, and ‘red sign’. I feel frustrated and lonely.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Hervé (24th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014), Roisin (24th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #883
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

I don't get it. There is nowhere to go down south...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Posted by Inmarsat, 24 March 2014

Inmarsat’s role in the search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 began immediately after the aircraft disappeared, The Washington Post has reported.

Based on a series of hourly ‘handshakes’ received by one of Inmarsat’s satellites from the plane, Inmarsat calculated that the aircraft had flown along one of two routes – one arcing north and the other south – 24 hours after it vanished, said the newspaper.

The report added that the handshakes from the satellite – along with assumptions about the plane’s speed – helped Australia and the US National Transportation Safety Board to narrow down the search area to just 3 per cent of the southern corridor on 18 March.
    Last edited by Atlas; 24th March 2014 at 15:30.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Gardener (24th March 2014), Hervé (24th March 2014), Inaiá (25th March 2014), Magnus (30th March 2014), Operator (24th March 2014), panopticon (24th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014), seko (24th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #884
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    I posted this yesterday HERE in my prediction thread, waiting to see how accurate this is

Quote Missing Flight MH370 Prediction:

They will soon find the missing 777, Flight MH370, approximately 1500 miles SW of Perth, Australia and blame the whole event on the pilot, Capt. Zaharie Ahmad Shah.
    I originally was thinking this jet was at Diego Garcia, but now I'm more leaning towards that this thing was "stolen", cloaked (from basic tracking devices), and flown to the ends of the Earth and downed (near where they are searching now) with the intentions for it to never be found (until they wanted to find it). Something changed and now I believe they are really going to find it. (What changed and why they need to find it now I don't know).

The whole event was done as a demonstration and to send a message.....(sick huh?)

(A demonstration done by who and for who, a message sent from who and to who, well, I don't know that either).
    They are now drafting their "Official Version" of what happen to Flight MH370, hmmm, I thought for sure they would somehow at least produce a somewhat convincing chunck of it to show people....but, nope. The next phase will likely be to smear and blame the pilot.

Quote ‘Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume that MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia’s prime minister, new analysis of satellite data suggests the plane went down in the southern Indian Ocean.

‘On behalf of all of us at Malaysia Airlines and all Malaysians, our prayers go out to all the loved ones of the 226 passengers and of our 13 friends and colleagues at this enormously painful time.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/24/missin...-dead-4676882/
    ADDED:

Quote The Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said debris located by satellite was from the missing aircraft, which disappeared 16 days ago while on a flight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...all-lives-lost
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 24th March 2014 at 16:08.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014)

9. Link to Post #885
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

I'm thinking this is just another false flag. All of our attention is on the location of missing 370. Has it crashed? Has it been hijacked? Captured by aliens? It won't be the first time the news has been fabricated by Lamestream and the cabal.But why? Maybe what we should be doing is looking at what else is going on that they don't want us to see....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Inaiá (25th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014)

11. Link to Post #886
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote The Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak said debris located by satellite was from the missing aircraft, which disappeared 16 days ago while on a flight to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur with 239 people on board.

I am unable to find this quote in the link you provided.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Hervé (24th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #887
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

I'm suprised nobody has picked on the motto on this coat of arms, seems a bit bizarre to me.

Diego Garcia is far from being an innocent unsinkable aircraft carrier in the middle of the Indian Ocean, it was actually designated an emergency landing strip for the Space Shuttle as the runway is over 3600 metres long. - That's for serious air movements.

Quote Posted by Taurean (here)
    British Indian Ocean Territories - Diego Garcia

Interesting coat of arms

Motto translates ;-

“Limuria is in our charge/trust”

Now that could start a few conspiracy theories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of...cean_Territory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...cean_Territory
    Sapere aude

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Hervé (24th March 2014), JRS (25th March 2014), Maia Gabrial (24th March 2014), Ruby L. (24th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #888
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

So Rolls Royce knew exactly what happened to this flight when it first disappeared - but was hushed, and UK used a "knew" special process to determine its final path?

now attention is swinging across to UK more than US...

what are they covering up?

are they jealous of US and China working together on a project they aren't profiting from so they intercepted?

something tells me Federal Reserve had a part in this somehow...

16. Link to Post #889
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Quote Posted by buares (here)

I am unable to find this quote in the link you provided.
    Wow, I can't find it either, they must of changed the language because I copied and pasted the quote from the article. (they changed the second paragraph, that's where I copied and pasted from)
    Last edited by SilentFeathers; 24th March 2014 at 17:14.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Atlas (24th March 2014), Hervé (24th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014)

18. Link to Post #890
    Thanks

Another RVer's session:

[9555/5176]
    Jeff C.
    3-22-14
    8:58 pm C.S.T.

Summary

There is a large, square, roomy area that has been jimmied open. It appears as if a person is going through to another place or room. They feel defensive. A passenger (possibly named Gary) feels reserved. A person is in the avionics place on a clandestine mission. They have sold-out.

A beige, cylindrical object is moving like a ‘truck’. It’s like it’s been ‘circumcised’. This is deliberate. Something reminds me of a ‘guard rail’. Something like a ‘van’ is crushed. Someone/something is wild while another male feels tame and cowardly.

Something is pulsing out. Something long, tubular and immense is covered by something like grand ice. It’s like a ‘war room’. Someone here feels defensive. (AOL – calibrated). There is balmy and wet land that is like the ‘tropics’. Bargaining is a relevant idea.

Finally, there is only brown, turbulent ocean, currents and stone. Comfort is felt here (AOL – deceased people). I am left wondering. There is a distant wrapping sound.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Magnus (30th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #891
    Thanks

"beige cylindrical object" = submarine...

21. Link to Post #892
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    “I have no feeling for what happened to this plane,” said David Learmount, operations and safety editor at Flightglobal, a Britain-based aviation news and data service. “The number of possibilities is so massive that it’s completely pointless.”

The existence of the radar data suggests that the Malaysian authorities may have missed a chance to send military jets to intercept, identify and track the plane as it passed over the country. General Rodzali said interceptors were not scrambled because the unidentified plane appeared to be a civilian aircraft and was not seen as hostile.
    Aviation expert says possible mass military cover-up in MH370 probe

Revelations that Thai military took ten days before reporting radar blips that could have been the lost Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have led a leading aviation expert to raise the possibility of a mass cover-up by Asian military officials.

David Learmount said that some countries may be withholding radar information because they do not want to expose holes in their air defences, reported MailOnline, the online version of the British Daily Mail.

Learmount wrote in his blog: "Maybe these states’ air defences, like Malaysia’s, are not what they are cracked up to be. And maybe they wouldn’t want the rest of the world to know that," he said in apparent reference to earlier reports that the Malaysian Air Force had only revealed that their radar had spotted the missing aircraft days after its disappearance.

Learmount, a former pilot and now operations and safety editor at online aviation portal Flightglobal, said that MH370 might have flown over several Asian countries including Thailand, Burma, China, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Turkmenistan and Afghanistan.

He said some of these countries may be withholding vital radar data about flight MH370 for fear it would expose gaping holes in their expensive air defences.

If it emerges that an unidentified aircraft had been able to fly over a territory undetected and unchallenged it would amount to an embarrassing security failure, he said.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

carryattune (24th March 2014), Gardener (24th March 2014), Hervé (24th March 2014), Inaiá (25th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014), Roisin (24th March 2014)

23. Link to Post #893
    Thanks

They are now declaring that flight MH370 "ended" in the southern Indian ocean, west of Perth.

LIVE news conference 3/24 Malaysia Missing Plane!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Slorri For This Post:

carryattune (24th March 2014)

25. Link to Post #894
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

How British satellite company Inmarsat tracked down MH370

In a press statement this afternoon, Prime Minister Najib Razak said that, using a type of analysis “never before used in an investigation of this sort”, Inmarsat engineers have been able to establish that the plane’s last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.

Although the main aircraft communications addressing and reporting system (which would usually transmit the plane’s position) was switched off, one of Inmarsat’s satellites continued to pick up a series of automated hourly ‘pings’ from a terminal on the plane, which would normally be used to synchronise timing information.

By analysing these pings, Inmarsat was able to establish that MH370 continued to fly for at least five hours after the aircraft left Malaysian airspace, and that it had flown along one of two ‘corridors’ – one arcing north and the other south. The plane was reportedly flying at a cruising height above 30,000 feet.

Quote Posted by Chris McLaughlin, senior vice president of external affairs at Inmarsat
    We looked at the Doppler effect, which is the change in frequency due to the movement of a satellite in its orbit, the aircraft adjusts for its own. What that then gave us was a predicted path for the northerly route and a predicted path the southerly route.
    This information was relayed to Malaysian officials by 12 March, but Malaysia’s government did not publicly acknowledge it until 15 March, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Inmarsat’s engineers carried out further analysis of the pings and came up with a much more detailed Doppler effect model for the northern and southern paths. By comparing these models with the trajectory of other aircraft on similar routes, they were able to establish an “extraordinary matching” between Inmarsat’s predicted path to the south and the readings from other planes on that route.

Quote Posted by Chris McLaughlin
    By yesterday they were able to definitively say that the plane had undoubtedly taken the southern route. We worked out where the last ping was, and we knew that the plane must have run out of fuel before the next automated ping, but we didn’t know what speed the aircraft was flying at – we assumed about 450 knots. We can’t know when the fuel actually ran out, we can’t know whether the plane plunged or glided, and we can’t know whether the plane at the end of the time in the air was flying more slowly because it was on fumes.
    Inmarsat passed the relevant analysis to the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) yesterday.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

carryattune (24th March 2014), Hervé (24th March 2014), Magnus (30th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014), Ruby L. (24th March 2014)

27. Link to Post #895
    Thanks

so they say the flight ended West of Perth in the Indian Ocean, that might be one of the first truths they've told...

that's where Diego Garcia is...

so they stopped all flights in and out for 3 days...

I wonder why?

28. Link to Post #896
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Inmarsat data narrows Missing Airliner’s Flight Path

Could any position data be deduced from the pings? "The ping timings got longer," Inmarsat spokesman Chris McLaughlin stated via email. That is to say, at each stage of its journey, the aircraft got progressively farther away from the geostationary satellite’s position, located over a spot on the equator south of Pakistan, and never changed its heading in a direction that took it closer—at least for very long.

The last known position of MH370 before it disappeared from Malaysia military radar was over the Andaman Sea, between the Malay Peninsula and the Andaman Islands. The time was about 2:15 a.m., and coincided with the first of the seven Inmarsat pings.

In order for its flight to have taken it ever farther from Inmarsat, MH370 would have had to have traveled within either of two narrow bands. One pointed north, toward India, Bangladesh, and Burma. The other pointed south, across Indonesian airspace and then across the Indian Ocean west of Australia.

The narrower range of possible flight paths reduces the number of plausible scenarios and suggests avenues of investigation. For instance, some have speculated that whoever was at the controls might have flown out over the open ocean, turned left and headed toward the southern arc in order to avoid passing through any areas of military radar coverage. That route is no longer possible. If the plane did travel south, its path should be detectable on stored Indonesian military radar returns.
    Last edited by Atlas; 24th March 2014 at 18:59.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

carryattune (24th March 2014)

30. Link to Post #897
    Thanks

a drone the size of a toy plane could have been launched to ping a signal to the Sat, at the same time, cloaking the plane...

31. Link to Post #898
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 300 posts

Text to families from Malaysian Airlines:

And:
    Quote A woman came out of the briefing room at Beijing's Lido Hotel, screaming, "You announce this information today. Is it really confirmed? What's your proof? We've been waiting for 17 days. You simply tell us this. Where is the proof? It's wrong to announce the information like this. Where is the proof? You haven't confirmed the suspected objects to tell us no one survived. Where is your proof after 17 days? You simply tell us this. The Chinese government should come forward and clarify this. This happened on March 8. My mother passed away on March 9. How can I survive? The government is too dark."

The woman's reaction, translated by CNN's Yuli Yang, comes amid reports that relatives are reacting with sadness and anger to today's announcement by Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak that the plane went down in the Indian Ocean.

by eliott.mclaughlin 4:13 PM
    http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/Ma...veblog11astory

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ruby L. For This Post:

Atlas (24th March 2014), carryattune (24th March 2014), Elainie (24th March 2014), Hervé (24th March 2014), Inaiá (25th March 2014), Maia Gabrial (24th March 2014), ponda (24th March 2014), Rocky_Shorz (24th March 2014), Slorri (24th March 2014)

33. Link to Post #899
    Thanks

"
    I see similarities beginning with the archetypes, all three begin with a circular aspect X. The first session then went off, but two have one or more persons, one clearly at the center of attention. There is an 'avionics place' in one, 'aircraft hangar' and 'war room' in the other. Excitement, suspicion, meeting in one and a clandestine mission in the other. One has warm temperature, the other describes a tropical environment. Difference in session timing is likely to account for different looking snapshots, but a range of items seems to allow for connecting more dots.

Great work guys, and now I'm even more puzzled. If we haven't screwed up then the plot thickens. I've sought advice whether to latch on this target for further exploration."

http://www.rvcommunity.net/viewtopic...10434&start=75

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Rollo (25th March 2014)

35. Link to Post #900
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

This is the story that keeps on giving. I bet no one was expecting this new twist: search will be affected by climate change say scientists
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...s-9212135.html

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Inaiá (25th March 2014), Magnus (30th March 2014), SilentFeathers (24th March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst 1 35 45 55 90 LastLast