Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Default Is X Factor An Illusion? – Russell Brand

Mar 11, 2014

The Trews: True News with Russell Brand Ep. 9

Including...

• Did Ant and Dec draw on boobs?
    • Do immigrants have power?
    • David Cameron robot mix-up
    • Oscar sick in bucket - what does it mean?
    • Don't have salt, sugar or zest
    • Prince Andrew/George Clooney similar

PS - Russell Brand Quote:

Quote "The MSM/News is keeping together a (Frequency of Consciousness) that makes us all feel alienated from one another, spellbound, afraid, beholden by our basic primal desires."
    Good vid where Russell explains how to see through the MSM

PSS - THE REVOLUTION NEEDS YOU: A Message from Russell Brand

http://russellbrand.com/revolution/youtube/

We are living in a sequin-encrusted virtual prison where an economic elite can hog along in plump luxury — destroying the planet as they go. We must stop this. Our initial targets are corporate tax evaders, environmental desecraters and perpetrators of the drug war against the sick and poor.

The biggest obstacle to Revolution is your belief that it’s impossible. So start believing. Together we are the solution. Get your boots on. Pack a sandwich.

PSSS - A Brand new politics: Russell Brand interview with Mehdi Hasan

Following on from his explosive and controversial interview on BBC Newsnight, Russell Brand sat down for an evening with Mehdi Hasan to discuss his opinions on the world order, politics, drugs and their treatment and also anything else that Russell felt like talking about.

Last edited by jackovesk; 12th March 2014 at 04:28.

2. Link to Post #2
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 times in 505 posts

Default Re: Is X Factor An Illusion? – Russell Brand

I used to live in London.
    And I knew Russell (and his father) from way before he became famous.

I found him one of the most self-absorbed human beings I have ever met.

But I do think he has grown up quite a bit since those days

3. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

The first video is very good and he's so funny! I don't always like him and often find him very cringe-worthy, but sometimes I agree with him.
    By the way - look at the time of the clip...9:11 lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Cardillac (12th March 2014), jackovesk (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Snookie (12th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #4
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

I tend to "enjoy" Russell Brand with caution (to quote a German phrase)- why the 'Jesus' image?-

he's also reportedly Katy Perry's handler (or at least one of them- but don't know if this is true- I remain sceptical)-

for another viewpoint on Russell Brand do check out Larken Rose's musings on this lad; redicecreations.com would be a good start but I bet all of Rose's viewpoints on just about everything are accessible in YouTube-

stay well all-

Larry

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Becky (12th March 2014), jackovesk (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Midnight Rambler (14th March 2014), Snookie (12th March 2014), sunflower (12th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 times in 689 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    I tend to "enjoy" Russell Brand with caution (to quote a German phrase)- why the 'Jesus' image?-

he's also reportedly Katy Perry's handler (or at least one of them- but don't know if this is true- I remain sceptical)-

for another viewpoint on Russell Brand do check out Larken Rose's musings on this lad; redicecreations.com would be a good start but I bet all of Rose's viewpoints on just about everything are accessible in YouTube-

stay well all-

Larry
    Well said ......

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

Cardillac (12th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,846 times in 876 posts

I have never understood his appeal. Is he this generation's idea of an intellectual, journalist, celebrity, comic?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

Cardillac (12th March 2014), jackovesk (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think Russell Brand is brilliant. He's an entertainer and he's shining a light on the spiritual darkness that is corporate consumerist culture and opening eyes among the masses. The controversy only helps. Looking like Jesus helps the controversy. I doubt many are looking at him as a political scientist. Or that he takes himself too seriously in that role. He's just a whip-smart guy who has as much right as any one else to get out and speak his mind. At least he's advocating meditation and not selling Pepsi. In this world and the shape it's currently in... I'll take Russell's brand of humor over most of what passes as entertainment in modern culture any day!
    Last edited by Wizard Of Ozark; 12th March 2014 at 21:03.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wizard Of Ozark For This Post:

genevieve (13th March 2014), jackovesk (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by GuyFox (here)

He makes no defence for his past self absorbedness, drug addictions, plain poor choices for the 1st half od his life. He is very candid about who he is and where he came from. He seems to not desire to hide anything about his past, but rather wears it on his sleeve. It sure seems he's grown up -- even from just how he said he used to be compared to how he composes himself these days.

I never believe anything anyone says based on "who they are", "what the gossip says", "who promotes / demonizes", "what I heard some guy's friend read on the internet site or in a tabloid or on BIN ... etc.

Words of wisdom are words of wisdom, stupid talk and misinfo are what they are, no matter who is doing talking. If one can't discern themselves good info from bad but has to rely on what the gossip says about that person's "image" to decide if what the say has value for you or not rather than actually trying to discern what is actually being said, - you are doing it wrong ... just my 2 cents
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 12th March 2014 at 22:49.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

genevieve (13th March 2014), jackovesk (13th March 2014), Mad Hatter (13th March 2014), Wind (14th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 times in 309 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Quote Posted by GuyFox (here)

He makes no defence for his past self absorbedness, drug addictions, plain poor choices for the 1st half od his life. He is very candid about who he is and where he came from. He seems to not desire to hide anything about his past, but rather wears it on his sleeve. It sure seems he's grown up -- even from just how he said he used to be compared to how he composes himself these days.

I never believe anything anyone says based on "who they are", "what the gossip says", "who promotes / demonizes", "what I heard some guy's friend read on the internet site or in a tabloid or on BIN ... etc.

Words of wisdom are words of wisdom, stupid talk and misinfo are what they are, no matter who is doing talking. If one can't discern themselves good info from bad but has to rely on what the gossip says about that person's "image" to decide if what the say has value for you or not rather than actually trying to discern what is actually being said, - you are doing it wrong ... just my 2 cents

Here's to: Looking at where the finger is pointing, instead of looking for details of the finger...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard S. For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th March 2014)

+ Reply to Thread