+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building Collapse in New York City

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,646 times in 689 posts

Default Building Collapse in New York City

Not much info yet on how this occurred....

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

Cidersomerset (12th March 2014), jagman (12th March 2014), Kano (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (12th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

Default Re: Building Collapse in New York City

More "terrorism"? I'm getting real ****in tired of their bull****!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Kano (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (12th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member EC1000's Avatar
    Lately it seems to me that I live in the dream of all that is.
    Thanks

hmmm. Video doesn't work for me. Has it been taken down I wonder? I don't normally have these issues even when I have observed others on here having difficulty accessing vids in various other threads.
    Secret elders from a gentle race,
    this world has seldom seen.
    Talk of days for which we sit and wait
    when all will be revealed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to EC1000 For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (12th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

It worked like 20 min ago

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

9. Link to Post #5
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

It also worked for me, as I tested it after I posted it....WTF?

My sweetie also found a link to live footage that was being shown. I'll see if I can find it.

---- update ----

It now seems to be working again.

Apparently there was a smell of gas, and 2 women were killed & several injured (17) ATM.
    Last edited by Snookie; 12th March 2014 at 16:42.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member EC1000's Avatar
    Lately it seems to me that I live in the dream of all that is.
    Thanks

there we go. youtube was down here for a bit which I havevn't seen before in my years of interwebing.
    Secret elders from a gentle race,
    this world has seldom seen.
    Talk of days for which we sit and wait
    when all will be revealed.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EC1000 For This Post:

Snookie (12th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (12th March 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Quote Published on Mar 12, 2014
    BREAKING: HARLEM Explosion Rocks New York City - Buildings Collapse
    EMERGENCY 33 Units, Over 100 Police on the Scence NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- There's been an explosion and partial ...
    Building Explosion and Collapse at Harlem, Manhattan | NYC Block Collapses
    Harlem Explosion Rocks New York City | Buildings Collapse in Harlem Reaction. EMERGENCY 33 Units, Over 100 Police on the ...
    Harlem Building Explosion and Collapse - HARLEM Explosion Rocks New York City reaction
    East Harlem Building Explosion, Fire and Collapse | New York | Rocks | Collapses
    Harlem Explosion Rocks New York City | Buildings Collapse in Harlem Reaction. EMERGENCY 33 Units, Over 100 Police on the ...
    WATCH: Witnesses Describe MASSIVE Explosion Destroys East Harlem, NYC
    WATCH: Massive Explosion Destroys Harlem, Multiple Victims in New York City Explosion Rocks NYC, Building Collapses, ...
    HARLEM Explosion Rocks New York City Buildings Collapse
    Explosion Rocks Building New York City | Buildings Collapse in Harlem Reaction
    BREAKING: Crazy Explosion at Manhattan NYC, Building Collapses, 33 Units, 301 Police on Scenc BREAKING: Crazy Explosion ...
    New York police and fire officials were responding to reports of a massive explosion in Manhattan's East Harlem, authorities said ...
    for the best videos join and subscribe us! Harlem Explosion Rocks New York City | Buildings Collapse in Harlem Reaction.
    EXPLOSION Rocks New York City, NYC Bomb Squad Respond to The Scene
    WATCH: Massive Explosion Destroys Harlem, Multiple Victims in New York City Explosion Rocks NYC, Building Collapses, ...
    New York Block Building Explosion and Collapse in Harlem, Manhattan | NYC | Collapses
    Harlem Explosion And Building Collapse In New York
    WATCH: Massive Explosion Destroys Harlem, Multiple Victims in New York City
    Explosion Rocks NYC, Building Collapses, Nearly 40 Units, 200 Police on the Scene NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- Two buildings ...
    NYC Building Collapses Injuring Four People After Report Of Explosion - 12 Mar 2014
    NYC Building Collapses Injuring Four People After Report Of Explosion - 12 Mar 2014 Two buildings have collapsed in ...
    NYC Building Explodes, Collapses : 11 Hurt, Two-Building Collapse at East 116th Street in Harlem

REAKING: HARLEM Explosion Rocks New York City - Buildings Collapse
    EMERGENCY 33 Units, Over 100 Police on the Scence NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) -- There's been an explosion and partial ...
    The Worst Harlem Shake Video Ever Ends in Explosion
    "Listen, people of Planet Earth: you need to stop making Harlem Shake videos. It's not February anymore, and at this point, you're .........
    Harlem Shake Goes Terribly Wrong and Ends with Explosions
    Out of the millions of Harlem Shakes have you ever seen one that ended with an explosion? Not me, but this a brand new video ...
    HARLEM Explosion Rocks New York City - Buildings Collapse In harlem reaction
    HARLEM Explosion Rocks New York City - Buildings Collapse reaction.
    NYC harlem explosion terrorist??
    NYC harlem explosion!!! Four alarm fire. terrorist?? I wouldn't put it pass being a terrorist attack.. Our dictator president lets them ...

14. Link to Post #8
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

My prayers go out to any innocent person hurt
    w
    xxxx
    Last edited by witchy1; 12th March 2014 at 21:54.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Sidney (13th March 2014), Snookie (13th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,773 times in 21,549 posts

Here's a street view in Google maps of the collapsed buildings, back when they were real buildings: http://goo.gl/maps/jEuqZ

Apparently two buildings, both five stories, collapsed: 1646 Park Ave with Absolute Piano on the first story, and 1644 Park Ave with the Spanish Christian Church on the first story. There appear to be apartments in the 2nd to 5th stories of these two, narrow, buildings.

From the Youtube videos, the firemen walking on a roof building overlooking the collapse are pretty clearly on top of the Senator Olga Mendez Apartment building, 1852 Park Avenue (with the whiter exterior rim on the top story.)

The New York Daily News has this report: Water main collapsing onto gas line causes explosion in East Harlem that kills 3, injures dozens — up to 8 people feared missing: sources.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th March 2014 at 02:21.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Sidney (13th March 2014), Snookie (13th March 2014), Synchronicity (13th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The local ABC station has this report East Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 3 dead, 69 hurt, updated as of six minutes ago (and likely still being updated):
    EAST HARLEM (WABC) -- Federal investigators are on the scene of an explosion and two building collapses at 116th Street and Park Avenue in East Harlem, while rescue crews search for those still missing.
    • The explosion happened at either 1644 or 1646 Park Avenue around 9:30 a.m.
    • Both buildings collapsed down to the first floor, littering the area with debris
    • At least three people are dead and 69 others injured, at least two of them critically
    • Rescue workers are searching for any other victims, with nine occupants of the buildings still unaccounted for
    • A team of NTSB experts has arrived to investigate the cause of the explosion
    CLICK HERE to see images from the scene.

One of the victims was identified as 44-year old Griselde Camacho, a public safety sergeant at Hunter College. The second victim was identified as 67-year-old Carmen Tanco, who lived on the second floor of one of the buildings. The third victim has not yet been identified but is female.

At least 69 other people are injured, at least two of them critically, including a 15-year old boy. Harlem Hospital reports it has 13 patients, and Mount Sinai received 26 patients, including three children.

Metropolitan Hospital has 18 patients, and New York Presbyterian-Weill Cornell Medical Center has at least two. 27 people were treated and released.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Sidney (13th March 2014), Snookie (13th March 2014), Synchronicity (13th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The local "PIX11" TV channel has this report East Harlem explosion: 3 killed, dozens hurt — searchers to explore piles of rubble, stating in part:

=========
    The explosion happened on 116th Street and Park Avenue just after 9:30 a.m., 15 minutes after Con Edison has received a call about the smell of gas at 1652 Park Ave. Smoke continued to pour out of the site of the explosion, where as many as 255 firefighters were knocking down the fire.

Neighbors had been complaining of the smell of gas for days before the explosion, but Con Edison said it had received no reports of a problem there until this morning, minutes before the blast.

The National Transportation Safety Board, which oversees gas-pipe infrastructure, is investigating but hasn’t had a chance to explore the site in any depth yet.

The agency said old cast-iron pipes like the one feeding the destroyed buildings are a source of concern, and have played roles in explosions in Birmingham, Ala. and Allentown, Pa.

It was too early to know what the possible cause may be of the East Harlem natural gas explosion.
    =========

That same report has this good overview image, perhaps from their helicopter:

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Sidney (13th March 2014), Snookie (13th March 2014), Synchronicity (13th March 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Check back a few years from now and those buildings will have been replaced with what they want there. Poor folks.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Snookie (13th March 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

--UPDATE--

Quote Asked about that account, Con Edison spokesman Michael Clendenin said it wasn’t clear if the water main break came before or after the explosion. Officials did confirm there was a report of a gas leak 18 minutes before the blast.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2vpL4fgw5

Quote Congressman Charles Rangel, who represents East Harlem and other parts of New York City, said, "I've never had anything this horrific that's happened in my community since I've been in Washington... This is a very serious thing. It’s our community's 9/11, even though we don't know how it started."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Ha...ment_explosion

'The FDNY said it had hundreds of firefighters and first responders working at the scene to fight smoldering fires. Some neighboring apartment buildings are closed for firefighting operations and because of a sinkhole that's developed from a water main break likely caused by the explosion.The FDNY said the sinkhole must first be repaired before crews can start bringing in heavy equipment to clean up the building debris.'

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...249730131.html
    Last edited by Roisin; 13th March 2014 at 08:29.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Snookie (13th March 2014), Synchronicity (13th March 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I tend to think the sink hole had more to do with this catastrophe than anything else.

Also, I find it VERY hard to believe the gas company only got a call 18 minutes prior to the explosion when people had been complaining about the smell for days. That's not something you don't report for days on end.

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    --UPDATE--

Quote Asked about that account, Con Edison spokesman Michael Clendenin said it wasn’t clear if the water main break came before or after the explosion. Officials did confirm there was a report of a gas leak 18 minutes before the blast.
    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2vpL4fgw5

Quote Congressman Charles Rangel, who represents East Harlem and other parts of New York City, said, "I've never had anything this horrific that's happened in my community since I've been in Washington... This is a very serious thing. It’s our community's 9/11, even though we don't know how it started."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Ha...ment_explosion

'The FDNY said it had hundreds of firefighters and first responders working at the scene to fight smoldering fires. Some neighboring apartment buildings are closed for firefighting operations and because of a sinkhole that's developed from a water main break likely caused by the explosion.The FDNY said the sinkhole must first be repaired before crews can start bringing in heavy equipment to clean up the building debris.'

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...249730131.html

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 times in 226 posts

Well, sometimes people complain to each other and not anyone who would come inspect, so not sure what happened with that. I know if the power goes out many won't report it because they assume someone else did...fires as well. It can't be that and just me, so someone will call it in..or they must already know. then no one does and we sit in the dark or someone burns up.

+ Reply to Thread