+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Avalon SW meet-up - we're doing it again! This time with guest Miles Johnston

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Avalon SW meet-up - we're doing it again! This time with guest Miles Johnston

I missed that, it was to bleeden dark in there ...LOL

Lance said something about it....LOL

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 12th April 2014 at 22:46.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Becky (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), Ecnal61 (13th April 2014), golden lady (13th April 2014), learninglight (13th April 2014), Spirithorse (12th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Default Re: Avalon SW meet-up - we're doing it again! This time with guest Miles Johnston

I have to agree with everyone present it was a really nice way to spend a few hours,in the company of like minded people and it was a bonus to have miles turn up at our little avalon soiree,by the way what does skinny dip mean? my mind was just on talk of enlightenment and so forth,shame on you cidersomerset!! yes a great day.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ecnal61 For This Post:

Becky (13th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), golden lady (13th April 2014), learninglight (13th April 2014), Spirithorse (13th April 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm sat in LaTerre now Ahh memories

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lysander For This Post:

Becky (13th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), Ecnal61 (13th April 2014), golden lady (13th April 2014), learninglight (13th April 2014), Spirithorse (13th April 2014)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

Steve, you're lucky/naughty to have got pics of the springs - the kindly hippy told me not to when I got my phone out lol!!
    Lovely pics and memories :-)

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Spirithorse (here)
    Quote Posted by learninglight (here)
    Thank you all for a lovely day. Went for a walk up the Tor via the White spring; the men where happy to see the lady skinny dip in the waters. Just got home, went for drinks and an Italian meal. Would like to say a big thank you also to Miles. Was great meeting everyone

sharon
    Yes, it was a great meeting, so many interesting topics - we really had a great time.
    And to anyone who hasn't been there today but reading this - Yes, there is the well house at the bottom of the Tor mount, a very wet and dark, candlelit grotto with altars, where the White Spring of Glastonbury fills large basins and yes, this lady really stripped off all her clothes and went for a bath in the basin. Must have been bloody cold...
    I saw the two young nymphs dipping their feet in the waters but i missed the girl skinny dipping !!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), Ecnal61 (13th April 2014), golden lady (13th April 2014), learninglight (13th April 2014), Spirithorse (17th April 2014)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Hi lysander,wish i was there too,enjoy your coffee and memories.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ecnal61 For This Post:

Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), golden lady (13th April 2014), learninglight (13th April 2014), Spirithorse (13th April 2014)

11. Link to Post #46
    England Avalon Member learninglight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 times in 315 posts

Quote Posted by Ecnal61 (here)
    I have to agree with everyone present it was a really nice way to spend a few hours,in the company of like minded people and it was a bonus to have miles turn up at our little avalon soiree,by the way what does skinny dip mean? my mind was just on talk of enlightenment and so forth,shame on you cidersomerset!! yes a great day.
    Skinny dip means to swim/bathe naked in the sea/pools, a not unusual practice at the White spring

The White Spring
    A TEMPLE OF LIFE

The primary purpose of the temple is to honour The Spirit of the White Spring. It is an expression of gratitude for the gift of pure water. It is a sanctuary, a place of reflection, inspiration and healing. It is a sacred site of great depth and beauty. It is a living temple.

In dedication to the spiritual energies of this place, we have created sacred pools and re-instated the shrines within the sanctuary. We are well on our way to the realisation of a magnificent water temple. This honours the space as one of the most sacred sites in the Western World; in Glastonbury, the 'Holiest Earthe in England'.

The temple is created by, cared for and supported by the Companions of the White Spring. Men and women who give their time and resources freely, for the love of it, and find their lives blessed. In keeping with our belief in the sacredness of all creation we endeavor only to use natural and pre-used materials.

We have regular gatherings to celebrate and mark the seasonal changes throughout the year and regular full and dark moon meditations. Individuals and groups from all Spiritual paths and traditions who come in peace are welcomed.

We are independent of state or institutional funding and intend to remain so. In true temple tradition, no one is paid, no one is charged, and there is no expectation of donation

HISTORY

Glastonbury has been long honoured as a sacred site. Here, it is said, lies the foundations of the earliest church in Britain. Probably one of the first in whole world and maybe second only to Jerusalem. This Church was dedicated to Mary. Glastonbury Tor, known as the Holy Hill of Albion, England’s sacred mountain, was a place of great importance and a place of Ancient Goddess worship.

'Glastonbury is one of Britain's most important sites of pilgrimage. For millennia people have been drawn to it seeking the mythical Isle of Avalon. It was once an island separated from the mundane world by a shallow sea, part of the Bristol Channel and Atlantic Ocean. An archipelago of islands and treacherous marshes marked a dangerous and mysterious land in ancient times before the shallow sea was drained. Yet water still rises and falls from its heart in profusion.

The existence of the springs at the foot of Glastonbury Tor would have been highly significant to our ancestors. Due to the geology of the hill, it has lots of aquifers and hence springs, and the red and white waters have never dried up. Springs and wells were sacred to life. With the abundance of fresh water and the spiritual associations of the prominent Tor, this sacred site would have been a place of great importance.

There is evidence to support the existence of a monastic site at the summit of Glastonbury Tor. Excavations have uncovered remains of what is thought to be a monastery, and further archeology revealed evidence of two monastic cells on the Western side of the Tor. It is likely that early Celtic Christian hermits once lived on the sacred site of the White Spring.

The well house was constructed over the spring, to provide a reservoir in 1872. The clean water, which it provided for the town suffering with cholera, was a great blessing. Sadly a beautiful coombe was destroyed as a consequence. A local teacher, George Wright (1896) wrote:

Link : http://www.whitespring.org.uk/default.html#ancHeader

sharon
    Last edited by learninglight; 13th April 2014 at 11:46.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to learninglight For This Post:

Becky (13th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), Ecnal61 (13th April 2014), golden lady (13th April 2014), Spirithorse (13th April 2014)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

What a great time we had. Meeting up with like minded people was so refreshing. Many thanks to Miles and lovely Mijram for giving up their time and to Simone for organising and Lysander too. Great discussions, much food for thought.
    Returned to the white springs this morning but sadly closed, run by volunteers, so may be best to check in advanced opening times. Was able to fill water bottles from the spring just outside though.
    Glastonbury is well worth a visit and bonus to our meet up.
    Hope there's a next time.
    Last edited by golden lady; 13th April 2014 at 18:34.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to golden lady For This Post:

Becky (13th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), Ecnal61 (13th April 2014), learninglight (13th April 2014), Spirithorse (13th April 2014)

15. Link to Post #48
    Germany Avalon Member Spirithorse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 times in 277 posts

Quote Posted by golden lady (here)
    What a great time we had. Meeting up with like minded people was so refreshing. Many thanks to Miles and lovley Mijram for giving up their time and to Simone for organising. Great discussions, much food for thought.
    Returned to the white springs this morning but sadly closed, run by volunteers, so may be best to check in advanced opening times. Was able to fill water bottles from the spring just outside though.
    Glastonbury is well worth a visit and bonus to our meet up.
    Hope there's a next time.
    I'm glad you all enjoyed yesterday's meeting and the walk up the Tor afterwards. I'm sure we will be doing it again, whenever and wherever you want to meet-up next time. Yes, Avalon (as a forum and as a location) is a great place to be :-)

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spirithorse For This Post:

Becky (14th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Domo67 (14th April 2014), Ecnal61 (13th April 2014), golden lady (13th April 2014), learninglight (13th April 2014)

17. Link to Post #49
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Yeh what a great day time was had really nice getting to know you all a bit better I got a really good vibe from the whole experience, it was great to meet and hear Miles but also everyone else, I thought we all bought a little bit of something to a big melting pot of information, in our own ways, very happy to be a part of this forum and to get the opportunity to meet you all, I hope we do it again soon.

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss out on the skinny dipping!! They were kind of scantily clad and sultry considering it wasn't warm, certainly added to the atmosphere

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Domo67 For This Post:

Becky (14th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), golden lady (14th April 2014), Spirithorse (17th April 2014)

19. Link to Post #50
    Great Britain Avalon Member RichD's Avatar
    Thanks

Great to meet you all last week! Away for a few days so will chat more later when I'm back.

Best wishes and happy Easter to everyone

Cheers, Rich
    Listening to the cosmic giggle

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RichD For This Post:

Becky (15th April 2014), Cidersomerset (15th April 2014), Domo67 (15th April 2014), golden lady (15th April 2014), learninglight (15th April 2014), Spirithorse (17th April 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3