+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst 1 11 21 31 71 119 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine, Crimea, Syria, Israel, Iran, Turkey, Putin, China, and World War III

1. Link to Post #401
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,900 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: Ukraine, Crimea, Syria, Israel, Iran, Turkey, Putin, China, and World War III

Putin signs decree on countermeasures to Western sanctions

August 06, 19:12 UTC+4

The document entitled “On the Application of Certain Special Economic Measures to Ensure the Security of Russia

Putin orders government to consider retaliation to western sanctions

MOSCOW, August 06. /ITAR-TASS/. President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday signed a decree on countermeasures to Western sanctions. The document entitled “On the Application of Certain Special Economic Measures to Ensure the Security of the Russian Federation” prohibits or restricts, for one year, the import of certain kinds of agricultural products, raw materials and food originating in a country that has imposed economic sanctions against Russian companies and (or) individuals or has joined such sanctions.

A list of goods the import of which may be restricted in response to the Western sanctions is being prepared and will be approved by the Russian government, its spokeswoman Natalya Timakova said on Wednesday.

“The document is being prepared for signing,” she told ITAR-TASS.

WTO claims against Russia over agricultural import restrictions possible, Russia’s position legally sound, well considered — Ministry.

The USA, EU, Canada and Australia have introduced sanctions against Russia over its involvement in the Ukrainian crisis. Infographics by ITAR-TASS

Russian President Vladimir Putin instructed the government on Tuesday to consider measures in retaliation to western sanctions against Russia. ‘I have formulated this instruction today,” Putin said.

“Political instruments of pressure on the economy are unacceptable and contradict all norms and rules. In this connection, the Russian government has already proposed a number of measures in retaliation to the so-called sanctions by some countries,” Putin said.

“I believe we could quite think about it in the current conditions to secure the interests of domestic commodity producers,” the head of the Russian state said.

The Russian president also said that Russia’s response to western sanctions should be “accurate.”
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

meeradas (11th August 2014), seko (9th August 2014), Snookie (13th February 2015), Sophocles (9th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #402
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,645 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Ukraine, Crimea, Syria, Israel, Iran, Turkey, Putin, China, and World War III

This is one of the escalations that was expected
    ISIS attacking Lebanon, which has a large
    Christian ratio in the national population. With
    reports of ISIS murdering and mistreating all
    other sects including muslim. The UN will have
    to step in soon I would have thought,,,,

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 7th August 2014 at 10:07.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

seko (9th August 2014), Snookie (13th February 2015), Sophocles (9th August 2014)

5. Link to Post #403
    Norway Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,441 times in 780 posts

Dispatch 68, from Vice. The Revolution Turns Against Itself
    Simon Ostrovsky: And once again we got a situation where former members of the Maidan -now armed gunmen mostly fighting in the east- are fighting against the current protesters on Maidan.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sophocles For This Post:

meeradas (11th August 2014), Wind (9th August 2014)

7. Link to Post #404
    Unsubscribed
    the foothills of le Massif Central, France
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,829 times in 1,059 posts

Ukraine pact may deal blow to dollar
    By Chris Cook 

The shape of a German/Russian energy security for land security deal - a "Resolution Trade" - is becoming clearer by the day. 

As reported in the Independent, a "peace plan" for Ukraine being discussed by German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Russian President Vladimir Putin aims to stabilize Ukraine's borders and boost the country economically, with an energy agreement to ensure gas supplies. If Merkel’s deal "were to be acceptable to the Russians, the international community would need to recognize Crimea's independence and its annexation by Russia", the report says. 

Having achieved resolution, a broader future energy diplomacy based on the "Transition Trade" - the exchange of the value of knowledge and knowhow (IP) for the value of carbon fuel saved - is then possible. 

- End of dollar diplomacy
    In my analysis, US dollar hegemony came to an end in Iraq in 2007 in a "Suez Moment" - when China exercised a similar economic veto over US energy adventurism to that exercised in 1956 by the US over the UK over Suez. From that point on, I believe, the world has been militarily unipolar and economically bipolar. 

Since the collapse of Lehman Brothers in 2008, the global dollar economy has been functionally dead and in zombie mode. Those who believe that the BRICS countries - Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa - are capable of creating an alternative bank-centric global reserve currency simply do not understand how deficit-based money creation systems work. 

In relation to the Ukraine, there are two key factors to consider. Firstly, the US is no position to intervene militarily. Secondly, the trusting relationship between Chancellor Merkel and the US was terminally destroyed by the Snowden and subsequent US spying revelations. 

As a result, Germany is now both politically willing and economically able to pursue its own energy diplomacy on whatever terms Merkel thinks fit. Crimea is ethnically Russian; was the subject of an internal transfer to Ukraine within the USSR by Khrushchev; and whatever the US and UK choose to make of it, Merkel is quite prepared to cede it to Russia in exchange for suitable guarantees. 

Ukraine politics has only ever been about control of gas resources and flows, and battles between oligarchic factions seeking control of the revenues. What we have been seeing in eastern Ukraine is what happens when the Mafia gets tanks. 

A political deal between Russia and Germany along the lines of that reported in the Independent will definitely occur and will provide at least a temporary resolution. What is less clear is exactly how the current oligarchic structures will transition into the emerging networked economy. Some fear a 1930s-style outbreak of fascism and nationalism, but in my analysis global politics is making the very concept of nation states obsolete in favor of more fluid and border-less institutions based upon mobile communications and pervasive direct instantaneous connections. 

- Energy cooperation
    The sheer scale of the opportunities for energy co-operation in the Ukraine were illustrated in a presentation by top Ukraine gas officials at an oil and gas conference in Istanbul last year. 

One of them made the staggering admission that of the Russian natural gas which enters the east of Ukraine only 50% exits western Ukraine to European Union buyers. While some is diverted who knows where, most is either used profligately by a population used to free Soviet era gas, with the rest wasted in enormously inefficient - but reliable - Soviet-era gas transmission infrastructure. 

An EU funded report by the global engineering consultants Mott MacDonald demonstrated how 3.2 billion euro (US$4.3 billion) investment in upgrading Ukraine's pipeline infrastructure would pay for itself in a minimal time-frame, and this was just the beginning. The problem for technology providers such as Siemens - whose state-of-the-art gas compressor technology was on show in Istanbul - is how to successfully engage and be paid in countries like Ukraine with problematic legal and financial infrastructure. 

The current gas market model is for Russian gas to be sold as a commodity through a chain of Ukrainian and EU intermediary middlemen who extract profits either opaquely or relatively transparently. 

This is no longer sustainable, and the solution is now for a market model - "Gas-as-a-Service" - whereby neutral gas market service providers receive an agreed payment for developing and operating the necessary infrastructure and market platform. 

The enabling financing and funding comes not from conventional equity and debt finance capital - which are useless where the rule of law is weak - but rather from the use of prepay credit instruments issued by suppliers like Gazprom and returnable in payment for natural gas supplied. 

Through this simple but radical mechanism - which has already been the subject of a direct US$85 billion crude oil transaction between Russia's Rosneft and China's Sinochem - it is possible for producers to financially engage directly with end-user consumers. 

This then opens the way firstly to networked Eurasian physical energy markets and pricing hub benchmarks and secondly to a financial "Energy Clearing Union" agreement whereby energy producers and consumers engage in mutually guaranteed generic energy and value exchanges. 

The use of generic energy credit instruments for financial settlement enables bank-manufactured currencies such as dollars and euros to be dispensed with other than as a unit of account or numeraire. 

There is no reason why such a unit of account must necessarily be the dollar: and Chancellor Merkel would appreciate the possibility of euro pricing. 

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central...01-010814.html

Here's what Joseph  P. Farrell says about it.

Last edited by heyokah; 9th August 2014 at 06:05. Reason: Link

8. Link to Post #405
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

A rare* beacon of reason in german [main stream] media:

The West on the wrong path

in german; in russian

*: "rare" says it all... it's sickening

---

from Dr Joseph P Farrell:

http://gizadeathstar.com/2014/08/nyu...olicy-ukraine/

and the video/audio link from the article:

Last edited by meeradas; 12th August 2014 at 16:16. Reason: link correction

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Hervé (14th August 2014), Octavusprime (14th August 2014), PurpleLama (11th August 2014), seko (2nd September 2014), Snookie (13th February 2015), Sophocles (11th August 2014), wegge (14th August 2014)

10. Link to Post #406
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Remarkable issue playing out in the Netherlands:

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/2...spraken__.html

Quote Haifi won't take back her statements
    AMSTERDAM -

Officer Yasmina Haifi continues to support her statement that terrorist organization ISIS a preconceived plan by Zionists to discredit
    Islam. Haifi said this in an interview with Radio 1. I stand by what I have twittered and do not know why I have to take my ISIS
    tweet back.

,, I did not invent it myself, I've read articles about it. There is enough evidence for a link between ISIS and Israel, "said Haifi in The News BV.
    She would not comment on whether her theory is not just a hoax.,, I don't want to play yes-no games."

Freedom of speech

Haifi invoked the freedom of speech:,, certain things obviously should not be said. I have taken the liberty to express myself.
    I'm not someone who runs away from my own opinion. I stand for what I say. An officer also has the right to express his opinion
    "Haifi is shocked by what has come down on her since her infamous tweet:,, I had no idea that my tweet would cause such reactions.".

Haifi has been suspended with immediate effect by her employer 'the Ministry of Security and Justice'. On Radio 1 she said she was not
    informed about the suspension by the Ministry. Haifi works at the National Cyber ​​Security Center.
    Google translate ...

Talking about Zionism is taboo ...

Added: see a complete thread on this issue here:
    Dutch official from Ministry of Security and Justice banned for tweeting about ISIS being staged by Zionists
    Last edited by Operator; 14th August 2014 at 13:39. Reason: Added ...

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Hervé (14th August 2014), meeradas (19th August 2014), seko (13th August 2014), Snookie (13th February 2015), Sophocles (13th August 2014), thunder24 (14th August 2014)

12. Link to Post #407
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

yesterday Russian special forces attempted an assassination on the grand Poopa of iSis...

an ISis force that moved into Gaza was blown to bits by israel navy

us and Britain are running 100 bombing missions over iraq daily

They saved Erbil, my capital of Kurdistan...

Maliki attempted to arrest the President of Iraq for choosing his replacement, but the military surrounding his home had a pershmerga force rise up and offered them life to walk and they did, he is losing all of his power in the country and is being offered a step down without having a rope waiting... military is no longer under his control.

i called on obama to do what was right and within hours, the bombing happened followed by humanitarian air drops

US, Britain and France are moving heavy fighting equipment to the Kurds today...

leader of ISIS said their biggest mistake was attacking the Kurds, they are getting decimated on every front, they did not want to stir up western military into joining...

Russian humanitarian convoy for Ukraine suddenly diverted from intended route, still following...

exciting ride, will update with more when i can...

13. Link to Post #408
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

helping the Kurds in Iraq is also helping the Kurds in Turkey. I Wonder what the Turks think of this.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Hervé (14th August 2014), meeradas (19th August 2014)

15. Link to Post #409
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

See this post (<---) about IS/ISIS/ISIL leader being a MOSSAD agent!

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Flash (14th August 2014), meeradas (19th August 2014), Operator (17th August 2014), seko (2nd September 2014)

17. Link to Post #410
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Always the same guys...

ISIS are Sunni Impostors & Saudi-CIA Shills

August 19, 2014

ISIS to America: "We Will Drown all of you in Blood!"

John McCain meets with Caliph Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, leader of ISIS in Aleppo in April 2013. Source

ISIS pretends to lead a Sunni resurgence but in fact they are not Sunnis.
    David Livingstone explains they are Salafis, a longstanding Illuminati proxy aimed at dividing and conquering the Muslim world.

by David Livingstone (Abridged by henrymakow. com)

An effort is being made to paint ISIS as a "Sunni" movement in order to suggest that they may have a far larger following and can ignite a major conflict.

(America's latest Bin Laden, after meeting with handler John McCain)

But nothing could be further from the truth. ISIS are Salafis, a manifestation of a modern phenomenon in Islam which scholars have referred to as "Revivalism." The Islamic revivalists have two important things in common: they have always been British-sponsored, and are marked by a rejection of Islamic legal tradition.

The communal effort to codify the intricacies of Islamic law is one of the great intellectual achievements of history. And by the ninth century, it was decided that four leading schools would be recognized as representative of Sunni orthodoxy. The schools, known as a Maddhabs, differed on minor points, but were considered mutually compatible.

Therefore, Islamic law was essentially incorruptible. From that point forward, the Doors of Ijtihad ("independent reasoning") were considered closed.

This posed a challenge to the British "Divide and Conquer" strategy of creating sects based on corruptions of the religion. Therefore they sponsored a wave of these so-called "Revivalists" who all demanded a re-opening of the Doors of Ijtihad, beginning with Mohammed Abdul Wahhab, in the mid-1700s.

Wahhab, [above], a crypto Jew, was sponsored by another crypto-Jew, Ibn Saud, the progenitor of Saudi Arabia. He denounced the Maddhabs and called for a return to the sources, the Quran and Sunnah, undefiled by "human" opinion. He also called a "Jihad" against the Muslims, first within Arabia, and ultimately against the Ottoman Empire.

In 1932, again with British support, the Saud clan seized control of Arabia, which they proceeded to name after themselves. They also seized al Haramain, the sacred precincts of Mecca and Medina and masqueraded as defenders of Sunni Islam.

In 1933, they signed away oil concessions to the Rockefellers' Standard Oil, now Exxon Mobil, the world's third largest company by revenue, and the second largest publicly traded company by market cap. 90% of Saudi revenues from from oil, largely managed by the Rockefellers' Exxon Mobil.

The extraordinary Saudi wealth was a key factor in their support for the spread of Wahhabism, as well as the related Salafi movement, which have since essentially become one.

Salafism began in the eighteenth century, headed by a notorious imposter and British agent by the name of Jamal ud Din al Afghani. Afghani was not only the Grand Master of the Freemasons of Egypt, but also a pivotal figure in the European Occult Revival, which included H. P. Blavatsky and Aleister Crowley. Afghani was also an original source of the Masonic teachings of the wayward Nation of Islam in the US.

Afghani's British handler, Wilfred Scawen Blunt, was the first to propose the establishment of a British controlled "Caliphate" (leader of the entire Muslim community) to replace the Ottoman Empire. The idea of a neo-caliphate was later actively pursued by T. E. Lawrence, aka "Lawrence of Arabia," who managed the Arab Revolt against the Ottoman Empire on behalf of the Illuminati Royal Institute for International Affairs (RIIA), the sister organization of the Rockefellers' CFR.

ISIS IS AN ILLUMINATI TOOL
    The ISIS' handlers (Mossad, CIA, MI5 or all of the above) have learned a lot over the years. They made a mistake in choosing bin Laden who was an engineer by education and profession, and therefore failed to convince the Islamic world of his qualifications as a Jihad leader.

But now the situation seems to be more timely for ISI's hidden manipulators. ISIS' leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who has now dared to declare himself "Caliph" of the world's Muslims, earned a master's degree and a PhD in Islamic studies from the Islamic University of Baghdad.

The re-establishment of a Caliph over the world of Islam is the universal aspiration of the Muslims. Every Muslim despairs at the ravages of Western Imperialism, as well as its blind sponsorship of rapacious Zionism. But this makes them vulnerable to deception by their enemies, who dare to prop up false oppositions, or Pied Pipers like al Baghdadi.

But they've made one colossal mistake: they have mistakenly claimed that ISIS is a "Sunni organization."

Since the absence of true Sunni authority, the Saudis have funded their aberrant interpretations, and fooled the world into believing that Wahhabism and Salafism are merely reform trends within Sunnism.

For the most part, many Muslims are duped. They are prone to extremism and lapses mistakenly identified as "Shariah" because they have been estranged from their true Islamic legal tradition found in the Maddhabs. But once they recognize that truth, they will reject imposters like ISIS and rediscover their true heritage, which made them an incorruptible and an indomitable force in the past.

CONCLUSION
    The Saudis are the Illuminati's partners-in-crime. Saudi royalty are crypto-Jews. Their state was created to hijack Islam, with the intent of annihilating it in a WWIII showdown. Saudi Arabia is also one of Israel's most important allies in the Middle East, in addition to Turkey. Their wealth was also created by Kissinger's devious orchestration of the Oil Crisis, after which Saudi Arabia became one of the CIA's most important conduits for covert operations, starting with Iran contra, and eventually the so-called Mujahideen in Afghanistan.

Saudi Arabia's continued support for the ISIS on the CIA's behalf is just a perpetuation of the same story.

Long story short, the ISIS are Salafis, so that completely denies the fact that they could be Sunnis, and why Muslims need to reject them.

---
    David Livingstone is the author of Black Terror White Soldier: Islam, Fascism & The New Age

Related - ISIS Vows to "Drown America in Blood"
    ----------- ISIS-Salafists Menace My Homeland Syria
    --------- Christian-killing ISIS Advance War of Civilization Paradigm
    ------------- John McCain - Organizer of Arab Spring
    -------------- Wahhabis are of Jewish Origin - Iraq Intel

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

jcocks (24th August 2014), meeradas (20th August 2014), Operator (19th August 2014), seko (2nd September 2014), Sophocles (19th August 2014)

19. Link to Post #411
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks

"According to the prevailing wisdom in the West, the Ukraine crisis can be blamed almost entirely on Russian aggression. [...]
    But this account is wrong: the United States and its European allies share most of the responsibility for the crisis."

You won't believe where this comes from:

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articl...he-wests-fault

Amazing!?

And: No need to register to read this one full article!
    Last edited by meeradas; 26th August 2014 at 07:33.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Callista (26th August 2014), Elixir (3rd September 2014), JRS (28th August 2014), Operator (26th August 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (26th August 2014)

21. Link to Post #412
    Mexico Avalon Member cuitlahuac's Avatar
    Thanks

Even if Russia is working in cahoots with the US in creating a New World Order, as described in the publications of Capt. Bill Robertson (UFO Lecture and Alternative 3 video) The following statements remain valid.

And even if there is a prohibition to use atomic weapons on Earth, it remains true that the false flags like the Fukushima disaster have subjected Earth to atomic radiation.

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------
    [*]The intention there is to provoke Russia to strike the US first. The US will then respond (as the "victim"). This will be used by the Americans and their western allies to persuade the citizens that there must be a One World Government (The "New World Order") in order to make sure that this can never happen again.[/LIST]
    • As a result of this planned war,
    1. all freedoms will be sacrificed,
    2. all people will be totally monitored,
    3. all financial transactions and travel will be heavily restricted,
    4. any dissidents (people who disagree or protest) will be locked up in camps as "anti-social, dangerous, anti-government terrorists".
    • At that point, their goal of total world control will have been reached.

I salute, honor and thank you all for all the good work that you do.

(At this point I asked my friends to organize themselves to take whatever steps they could to mitigate and ameliorate the situation.)

22. Link to Post #413
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

a US pilot commented while on a bombing mission, he flew close enough to an Iranian fighter jet to see the pilot waving before dropping his load...

ISis was created by #israel to raise the Sunnis for a proxy army to attack iran, now that mossad's agent was critically injured and might not survive, how long until they turn around and storm israel...

ISIS downfall was attacking the Kurds, but it brought together all 4 parts of Kurdistan, the leaders of Iran understand the Kurdish sacrifice to once again protect them, so sounds like they are willing to talk autonomous region...

Turkey has moved to a friendly relationship so most likely will agree to Kurdistan's rise to a Nation...

23. Link to Post #414
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,074 times in 318 posts

Quote ISis was created by #israel...
    Hello Rocky - could you please explain this theory further?
    (I'm aware of the claims that Snowden is supposed to have exposed the IS leader as being an agent for Mossad, but that's never been substantiated and appears to be a hoax that was traced back to http://www.shababek.de/pw3/?p=3332)

24. Link to Post #415
    Mexico Avalon Member cuitlahuac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by loungelizard (here)
    Quote ISis was created by #israel...
    Hello Rocky - could you please explain this theory further?
    (I'm aware of the claims that Snowden is supposed to have exposed the IS leader as being an agent for Mossad, but that's never been substantiated and appears to be a hoax that was traced back to http://www.shababek.de/pw3/?p=3332)
    ISIS came out of the Syrian rebels supported and trained by the US. The Syrian conflict is part of the policy to turn the Middle East into a Muslim fundamentalist bastion and that policy comes out of the US/UK/Israel military elites and more specifically from the City of London, that is British Israel. The most conspicuous example of British Israel creating Muslim fundamentalism in the Middle East is the fact that the UK, British Israel, deposed the Sha of Iran Mohammad Reza Pahlavi from power to put the British educated Ayatollah Jomeini in Iran.

Quote Why the West Created Iran & Wants to Destroy it Now
    July 18, 2012

Ayatollah Khomeini, left, was a Western agent for 25 years before the Illuminati placed him in power in 1979.

He belonged to the Muslim Brotherhood. The "Iranian Revolution" was similar to the "Arab Spring" revolutions in Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and now Syria.

Iran is run by the Illuminati and is being used as an excuse for war.
    http://www.henrymakow.com/why_the_we...iran_want.html

Mohammad Reza Pahlavi himself asserted that, "If you lift up Khomeini's beard, you will find MADE IN ENGLAND written under his chin," in the later days of his reign as monarch.[12] This statement by Pahlavi was an adaptation of another saying, "If you lift a mullah's beard, you will find 'Made in Britain' stamped on his chin."[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British...spiracy_theory

[IMAGE]http://www.discoveringislam.org/290619.jpg[/IMAGE]

25. Link to Post #416
    Thanks

Tensions Ramping up days after meeting with Putin and on the Eve of the Cardiff NATO summit......

Poroshenko triggers 'invasion' alarm as Kiev crumbles under militia offensive

Published on 28 Aug 2014

Ukraine's President has said Russia's invading East Ukraine - although the statement has already been
    rejected by Moscow. The strong rhetoric comes amid a powerful counter-offensive by anti-government
    forces in Ukraine's restive Eastern regions.

===============================================================

‘Cuban missile crisis 2.0 - NATO approaches Russian border’

===============================================================

Ring of Steel: Cardiff turns into ‘open air prison’ ahead of NATO summit

Published on 27 Aug 2014

Cardiff city center has been turned into a high security "prison" with 16 kilometers (10 miles)
    of fencing ahead of the NATO conference next week. The almost three-meter tall (9 foot 8 inches)
    fencing crosses parks, roads and even rings Cardiff Castle's walls. More than 9,000 officers from
    across the UK have been drafted to ensure security at the event which will be attended by 150
    heads of state. An additional crew of 10,000 support staff and 2,000 journalists are also expected.
    The world leaders will meet on September 4 and 5.

COURTESY: RT's RUPTLY video agency, NO RE-UPLOAD, NO REUSE - FOR LICENSING, PLEASE, CONTACT http://ruptly.tv

================================================================

28 August 2014 Last updated at 20:32
    Ukraine crisis: Nato images 'show Russia troops'

This satellite image provided by the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe shows what
    Nato identifies as Russian self-propelled artillery in Ukraine Continue reading the main story

Nato has released satellite images it says show Russian armed forces inside Ukrainian territory
    to help rebels fight government forces.

Ukraine's president held a security council meeting on Thursday over the "sharp aggravation of
    the situation". Russia has denied the claims.

Earlier, rebels opened a new front in the south by seizing the coastal town of Novoazovsk.

At least 2,119 people have been killed in four months of fighting.

Amid condemnation from Western powers, the United Nations Security Council has held an
    emergency meeting in New York to discuss the crisis.

"Russia has to stop lying and stop fuelling this conflict," the US ambassador to the UN
    , Samantha Power, told the council.

Britain's ambassador Sir Mark Lyall Grant said Russia was guilty of "a clear violation of
    sovereign Ukrainian territory", adding that the conflict would "no longer exist" without
    Russia's direct support for separatists.

Meanwhile Russia's ambassador to the UN, Vitaly Churkin, said the crisis was a "direct
    consequence of the reckless policy of Kiev, which is conducting a war against its own people".

Ukrainian forces are being deployed to help defend the southern city of Mariupol
    'Significant escalation'

Nato Brigadier General Niko Tak said more than 1,000 Russian troops were operating
    inside Ukraine, both supporting the separatists and fighting on their side.

He told the BBC there had been a "significant escalation in the level and sophistication
    of Russia's military interference in Ukraine" over the past two weeks.

"[Nato has] detected large quantities of advanced weapons, including air defence systems
    , artillery, tanks, and armoured personnel carriers being transferred to separatist forces
    in eastern Ukraine," he said.

"Russia is reinforcing and resupplying separatist forces in a blatant attempt to change the
    momentum of the fighting, which is currently favouring the Ukrainian military."

Short vid on link....http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28972878

Russian ambassador to the EU: Only 10 Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine

But Russia's ambassador to the European Union, Vladimir Chizhov, said Nato had "never
    produced a single piece of evidence" for its accusations.

He said the only Russian soldiers on Ukrainian soil were 10 paratroopers captured earlier this week.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced the European Council will discuss taking
    further sanctions against Russia during a summit on Saturday.

Other European leaders echoed her sentiments:

British Prime Minister David Cameron warned that if Russia failed to find a political solution
    , "she should be in no doubt that there will be further consequences"
    Polish Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski called the deployment of Russian troops an "aggression
    " and said international action was needed
    French President Francois Hollande said it would be "intolerable" if Russian troops were in Ukraine
    , and demanded Russia stop sending aid to the rebels.

Read More.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28972878

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

meeradas (29th August 2014)

27. Link to Post #417
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Warning Merkel on Russian ‘Invasion’ Intel

September 1, 2014

Alarmed at the anti-Russian hysteria sweeping Official Washington – and the specter of a new Cold War – U.S. intelligence veterans took the unusual step of sending this Aug. 30 memo to German Chancellor Merkel challenging the reliability of Ukrainian and U.S. media claims about a Russian “invasion.”

MEMORANDUM FOR: Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
    FROM: Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity (VIPS)
    SUBJECT: Ukraine and NATO

We the undersigned are long-time veterans of U.S. intelligence. We take the unusual step of writing this open letter to you to ensure that you have an opportunity to be briefed on our views prior to the NATO summit on Sept. 4-5.

You need to know, for example, that accusations of a major Russian “invasion” of Ukraine appear not to be supported by reliable intelligence. Rather, the “intelligence” seems to be of the same dubious, politically “fixed” kind used 12 years ago to “justify” the U.S.-led attack on Iraq.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel. (Photo credit: א (Aleph))

We saw no credible evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq then; we see no credible evidence of a Russian invasion now. Twelve years ago, former Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, mindful of the flimsiness of the evidence on Iraqi WMD, refused to join in the attack on Iraq. In our view, you should be appropriately suspicious of charges made by the U.S. State Department and NATO officials alleging a Russian invasion of Ukraine.

President Barack Obama tried on Aug. 29 to cool the rhetoric of his own senior diplomats and the corporate media, when he publicly described recent activity in the Ukraine, as “a continuation of what’s been taking place for months now … it’s not really a shift.”

Obama, however, has only tenuous control over the policymakers in his administration – who, sadly, lack much sense of history, know little of war, and substitute anti-Russian invective for a policy. One year ago, hawkish State Department officials and their friends in the media very nearly got Mr. Obama to launch a major attack on Syria based, once again, on “intelligence” that was dubious, at best.

Largely because of the growing prominence of, and apparent reliance on, intelligence we believe to be spurious, we think the possibility of hostilities escalating beyond the borders of Ukraine has increased significantly over the past several days. More important, we believe that this likelihood can be avoided, depending on the degree of judicious skepticism you and other European leaders bring to the NATO summit next week.

Experience With Untruth
    Hopefully, your advisers have reminded you of NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen’s checkered record for credibility. It appears to us that Rasmussen’s speeches continue to be drafted by Washington. This was abundantly clear on the day before the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq when, as Danish Prime Minister, he told his Parliament: “Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. This is not something we just believe. We know.”

Photos can be worth a thousand words; they can also deceive. We have considerable experience collecting, analyzing, and reporting on all kinds of satellite and other imagery, as well as other kinds of intelligence. Suffice it to say that the images released by NATO on Aug. 28 provide a very flimsy basis on which to charge Russia with invading Ukraine. Sadly, they bear a strong resemblance to the images shown by Colin Powell at the UN on Feb. 5, 2003, that, likewise, proved nothing.

That same day, we warned President Bush that our former colleague analysts were “increasingly distressed at the politicization of intelligence” and told him flatly, “Powell’s presentation does not come close” to justifying war. We urged Mr. Bush to “widen the discussion … beyond the circle of those advisers clearly bent on a war for which we see no compelling reason and from which we believe the unintended consequences are likely to be catastrophic.”

Consider Iraq today. Worse than catastrophic.

Although President Vladimir Putin has until now showed considerable reserve on the conflict in the Ukraine, it behooves us to remember that Russia, too, can “shock and awe.” In our view, if there is the slightest chance of that kind of thing eventually happening to Europe because of Ukraine, sober-minded leaders need to think this through very carefully.

If the photos that NATO and the U.S. have released represent the best available “proof” of an invasion from Russia, our suspicions increase that a major effort is under way to fortify arguments for the NATO summit to approve actions that Russia is sure to regard as provocative. Caveat emptor is an expression with which you are no doubt familiar. Suffice it to add that one should be very cautious regarding what Mr. Rasmussen, or even Secretary of State John Kerry, are peddling.

We trust that your advisers have kept you informed regarding the crisis in Ukraine from the beginning of 2014, and how the possibility that Ukraine would become a member of NATO is anathema to the Kremlin. According to a Feb. 1, 2008 cable (published by WikiLeaks) from the U.S. embassy in Moscow to Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice, U.S. Ambassador William Burns was called in by Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, who explained Russia’s strong opposition to NATO membership for Ukraine.

Lavrov warned pointedly of “fears that the issue could potentially split the country in two, leading to violence or even, some claim, civil war, which would force Russia to decide whether to intervene.” Burns gave his cable the unusual title, “NYET MEANS NYET: RUSSIA’S NATO ENLARGEMENT REDLINES,” and sent it off to Washington with IMMEDIATE precedence. Two months later, at their summit in Bucharest NATO leaders issued a formal declaration that “Georgia and Ukraine will be in NATO.”

On Aug. 29, Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseny Yatsenyuk used his Facebook page to claim that, with the approval of Parliament that he has requested, the path to NATO membership is open. Yatsenyuk, of course, was Washington’s favorite pick to become prime minister after the Feb. 22 coup d’etat in Kiev.

“Yats is the guy,” said Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland a few weeks before the coup, in an intercepted telephone conversation with U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt. You may recall that this is the same conversation in which Nuland said, “**** the EU.”

Timing of the Russian “Invasion”
    The conventional wisdom promoted by Kiev just a few weeks ago was that Ukrainian forces had the upper hand in fighting the anti-coup federalists in southeastern Ukraine, in what was largely portrayed as a mop-up operation. But that picture of the offensive originated almost solely from official government sources in Kiev. There were very few reports coming from the ground in southeastern Ukraine. There was one, however, quoting Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko, that raised doubt about the reliability of the government’s portrayal.

According to the “press service of the President of Ukraine” on Aug. 18, Poroshenko called for a “regrouping of Ukrainian military units involved in the operation of power in the East of the country. … Today we need to do the rearrangement of forces that will defend our territory and continued army offensives,” said Poroshenko, adding, “we need to consider a new military operation in the new circumstances.”

If the “new circumstances” meant successful advances by Ukrainian government forces, why would it be necessary to “regroup,” to “rearrange” the forces? At about this time, sources on the ground began to report a string of successful attacks by the anti-coup federalists against government forces. According to these sources, it was the government army that was starting to take heavy casualties and lose ground, largely because of ineptitude and poor leadership.

Ten days later, as they became encircled and/or retreated, a ready-made excuse for this was to be found in the “Russian invasion.” That is precisely when the fuzzy photos were released by NATO and reporters like the New York Times’ Michael Gordon were set loose to spread the word that “the Russians are coming.” (Michael Gordon was one of the most egregious propagandists promoting the war on Iraq.)

No Invasion – But Plenty Other Russian Support
    The anti-coup federalists in southeastern Ukraine enjoy considerable local support, partly as a result of government artillery strikes on major population centers. And we believe that Russian support probably has been pouring across the border and includes, significantly, excellent battlefield intelligence. But it is far from clear that this support includes tanks and artillery at this point – mostly because the federalists have been better led and surprisingly successful in pinning down government forces.

At the same time, we have little doubt that, if and when the federalists need them, the Russian tanks will come.

This is precisely why the situation demands a concerted effort for a ceasefire, which you know Kiev has so far been delaying. What is to be done at this point? In our view, Poroshenko and Yatsenyuk need to be told flat-out that membership in NATO is not in the cards – and that NATO has no intention of waging a proxy war with Russia – and especially not in support of the rag-tag army of Ukraine. Other members of NATO need to be told the same thing.

For the Steering Group, Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity:

William Binney, former Technical Director, World Geopolitical & Military Analysis, NSA; co-founder, SIGINT Automation Research Center (ret.)

Larry Johnson, CIA & State Department (ret.)

David MacMichael, National Intelligence Council (ret.)

Ray McGovern, former US Army infantry/intelligence officer & CIA analyst (ret.)

Elizabeth Murray, Deputy National Intelligence Officer for Middle East (ret.)

Todd E. Pierce, MAJ, US Army Judge Advocate (Ret.)

Coleen Rowley, Division Counsel & Special Agent, FBI (ret.)

Ann Wright, Col., US Army (ret.); Foreign Service Officer (resigned)

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

animovado (2nd September 2014), Callista (3rd September 2014), Dorjezigzag (2nd September 2014), meeradas (3rd September 2014), Operator (7th September 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (2nd September 2014), seko (2nd September 2014), Sophocles (2nd September 2014)

29. Link to Post #418
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

NATO’s Options in Ukraine

Column: Politics
    Region: Ukraine in the world

After provoking what is increasingly a devastating and expanding conflict in Ukraine, NATO appears to be out of options as its proxy regime loses its grip on both its military campaign against its own population in eastern Ukraine, as well as political control in the capital of Kiev itself. However, despite the turn of events, with NATO apparently rudderless, those seeking to undo and reverse the damage the West has created in Eastern Europe must not become complacent.

NATO still possesses several options with which it can respond to its deteriorating proxy regime and the eroding of its interests both in the region, and around the world.

Propaganda Retrenchment Before Aggressive Military Aid
    As the West has done in Syria, it now seeks to do in Ukraine – a complete retrenchment of the official narrative regarding the nature of the ongoing conflict.

Previously, the Western media has gone through great lengths to obscure overt Nazism running throughout both the political front it is propping up in Kiev, as well as across the irregular forces sent alongside what remains of Ukraine’s national army. Western media outlets have briefly touched on the issue in attempts to mitigate and manage growing public concern.

Regarding the formation by the Interior Ministry in Kiev of a battalion of Nazis – the Azov Battalion – the BBC would publish, “Ukraine conflict: ‘White power’ warrior from Sweden,” the Telegraph would publish, “Ukraine crisis: the neo-Nazi brigade fighting pro-Russian separatists,” and Al Jazeera would publish, “Driven by far-right ideology, Azov Battalion mans Ukraine’s front line.” Each would in turn, admit that literal Nazis are fighting on behalf of the NATO-backed regime in Kiev – with the regime itself raising ultra-right, Neo-Nazi battle formations. But each would also attempt to downplay the implications and role of Nazism within the ongoing conflict.

That was until Foreign Policy magazine published its article, praising what it called, “fascist defenders of freedom.” It’s article titled, “Preparing For War with Ukraine’s Fascist Defenders of Freedom,” claims:
    The Azov Battalion — so named for the Sea of Azov on which this industrial city is located — is one of dozens of volunteer battalions fighting alongside pro-government forces in eastern Ukraine. After separatist troops and armor attacked from the nearby Russian border and took the neighboring town of Novoazovsk, this openly neo-Nazi unit has suddenly found itself defending the city against what Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko called a Russian invasion.

Pro-Russian forces have said they are fighting against Ukrainian nationalists and “fascists” in the conflict, and in the case of Azov and other battalions, these claims are essentially true.

Effectively, Foreign Policy finally admits that indeed, warnings that NATO was backing literal Nazis in Ukraine were more than mere “Kremlin propaganda,” but rather the unequivocal truth. Foreign Policy would continue by reporting:
    Besides a strong defense, Ukraine needs the support of the West to defeat the invaders, Odnorozhenko argued. He called for Europe and the United States to take a more aggressive stance on Russia and begin shipping weapons to Ukrainian pro-government forces.
    And that is precisely what the United States and Europe are attempting to do – begin shipping more weapons and other forms of lethal aid to continue propping up the regime in Kiev. By embracing the Nazi militants fighting on behalf of Kiev, and simply claiming Russia is “worse,” the West can repeat the strategy it used in Syria after it became apparent that militants fighting the government in Damascus were hardcore terrorists driven by sectarian extremism and aligned to Al Qaeda.

In fact, it was also Foreign Policy who, in mid-2012, published an article titled, “Two Cheers for Syrian Islamists: So the rebels aren’t secular Jeffersonians. As far as America is concerned, it doesn’t much matter.”

The FP article also attempted to create a narrative that portrayed the Syrian government as a more pressing issue than revelations that NATO-backed militants were sectarian extremists, not the “pro-democracy freedom fighters” they were portrayed as being during and directly after the so-called “Arab Spring.” Foreign Policy would also create an array of excuses explaining why militants were extremists – a strategy expected to play out again as Kiev’s Nazism continues to emerge into greater public view.

By embracing and excusing two abhorrent ideologies and the heavily armed militant groups espousing them, NATO is able to continue backing both terrorists in Syria and Nazis in Ukraine. With the burden of covering up Nazism in Ukraine “off NATO’s chest,” it can commit to a more aggressive strategy of arming and aiding them.

Direct NATO Intervention

The self-destructive fleeing forward of the West generally takes the form of political destabilizations, terrorism, false-flag attacks, incremental mission creep, and covert proxy wars. What it has learned from Russia in both 2008 in Georgia and again this year in Crimea, is that direct, unpredictable, bold moves can pay off.

NATO recently has been very public in stating it has no intention of intervening in Ukraine. Since NATO perpetually keeps the threat of military intervention “on the table” for all other conceivable conflicts across the planet, it is strange that both it, and its proxy regime in Kiev, have gone through extra efforts to insist such a scenario in Ukraine is neither desired, nor even “on the table.”

With NATO building up troops in Eastern Europe, and its attempts to lull Russia into a false sense of security, planners in Moscow, eastern Ukrainians confronting NATO-backed troops on the battlefield in Ukraine, and in theaters across the region, sudden NATO intervention must be accounted for, as well as a swift counterstroke to disrupt what will be a precarious proposition for Western interests unaccustomed to such a risky move, and merely depending on shock, awe, and surprise to follow it through.

Incremental Escalation
    Barring a negotiated settlement brokered by Kiev that sees its forces withdrawn from eastern Ukraine and contested provinces forfeited to rebels, it is likely NATO will continue incremental escalation combining both an increasingly aggressive strategy of arming and aiding Kiev’s forces regardless of their overt Nazism, as well as an incremental NATO build-up along Ukraine’s borders and covertly within them.

Whether NATO commits to a more desperate strategy entirely depends on whether or not this incremental escalation can continue at a quicker pace than the regime in Kiev can collapse.

With NATO and the special interests driving its agenda failing in Ukraine and floundering in Syria, the West has exhibited signs of dangerous desperation causing lapses in judgement and an overall lack of deep, coherent, strategic planning. It has gone from forcing its enemies to react to its provocations in 2011, to a series of backpedaling reactions in the face of formidable counterstrokes made in return ever since. An enemy that is desperate, is an enemy that is dangerous. Feeling it has nothing to lose, it may commit to an increasingly reckless strategy of provocations in hopes that its enemies’ caution and reason force them to back down.

Tony Cartalucci, Bangkok-based geopolitical researcher and writer, especially for the online magazine New Eastern Outlook”.

Who in Hell or High-heavens would dream up that kind of sh*t:

Quote Ukraine’s Fascist Defenders of Freedom

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

animovado (3rd September 2014), Jean-Marie (2nd September 2014), meeradas (3rd September 2014), Operator (7th September 2014), Sophocles (3rd September 2014)

31. Link to Post #419
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    Who in Hell or High-heavens would dream up that kind of sh*t:

Quote Ukraine’s Fascist Defenders of Freedom
    Unbelievable indeed.

Have a look at their background/ history and their idea of freedom?
    [Warning: Contains some extremely graphic content - potentially unbearable]

Part Two
    Last edited by meeradas; 3rd September 2014 at 09:56.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Cidersomerset (3rd September 2014), Hervé (3rd September 2014), Operator (7th September 2014), Sophocles (3rd September 2014)

33. Link to Post #420
    Thanks

New World Order Rothschild Enforcer – NATO Threatens WW3

Wednesday 3rd September 2014 at 08:11 By david-icke

‘The New World Order has been in place for centuries. Is it not time to start calling the
    NWO by another name? A descriptive term that encapsulates the essence of the beast
    would be a Nefarious Warrior Organism. Such a phrase strips away the ridiculous notion
    that there is any order in the malevolent organization of the parasitic global structure,
    based upon perpetual and permanent warfare.

This depiction more closely resembles reality, even if the master mass media refuses
    to acknowledge How the World Really Works. Discard any condemnation that criticism
    of the established order rests upon conspiratorial fantasy or pre-medieval prejudices.
    Explaining away or ignoring basic human nature in a “PC” culture ultimately requires
    the adoption of a depraved Totalitarian Collectivism system.’

Read more: New World Order Rothschild Enforcer – NATO Threatens WW3

http://www.batr.org/totalitariancoll...sm/090114.html

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Operator (7th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst 1 11 21 31 71 119 LastLast