Thread: The Unenlightened Thread - Demystifying the Apple

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Lightbulb The Unenlightened Thread - Demystifying the Apple

~~~~~~

Hi All,

This is going the to be a thread where I will offer you an apple.

You might decide it is too early to take a bite. Than what can I say, it is all in your hands.
    (Does this remind you of the way Bill starts his threads? Yes, I am a copy-Cat, what can I say)

I would also like to invite Carmody and Agape (and anyone who feels like it) to participate here, for I am not all that well versed in chemistry, biology, physics, and the rest of those 'oh, so serious' sciences.

I hope we can share here facts, videos, articles about
    • the universe;
    • our human bodies;
    • the apples, and the vegetables, and also for all of you carnivores - the lovely animals;
    • about yoga, qi gong, prana and orgone;
    • about bio-electricity;
    • physical space;
    • architecture;
    • and technology based on spirituality;
    • and everything related to all of the above in a more obvious, or (may be) in a very obscure way.
    ~~~~~~

I am far from the idea that I can meet here science with spirituality, but if I don't try I will never know.

I hope this will be inspiring.
    But it can be also just space wasting.
    (You decide)
    And BTW, everyone's input here is welcome.
    Like it, dislike it, shred it to pieces.
    I have done it for you, but mostly for my own amusement.

(You know, I sometimes have trouble locating some interesting videos and articles I have come across on my high-speed journey, especially in the past. Which just so happens to be every single day before to-day...so I am just being practical here. As you will see, it is all about me here. And you, partially.)

~~~~~~

Let me start with some basics:

I am going to be creating some bridges here:

with some basic truths carried inside of them or onto them:

~~~~~~

I only would like to ask you to keep out, if you were not sure about the authenticity of your information.

I don't want to talk here about:
    • the arrival of the super consciousness;
    • or the concept of all-in-one-consciousness;
    • possessions (while in meditation or otherwise);
    • about mind/body-implants;
    • about going, or not, into the light after we die;
    • about the 'prison concept'
    • or who is in control over whom;
    • about Reiki being a quackery;
    • about mean aliens and well-intended saviors,
    • and so forth uninspiring, or uninspired, occurrences and phenomena.
    Thank you for stopping by,
    and "I'll be back!"

<off she went collecting materials>

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (3rd October 2014), araucaria (21st March 2014), Becky (21st March 2014), betoobig (28th September 2014), carryattune (21st March 2014), Chester (25th March 2014), christian (24th August 2014), dan33 (1st October 2014), Dawn (25th March 2014), Eram (21st March 2014), Fairy Friend (22nd March 2014), Gardener (21st March 2014), Javblanc (21st December 2022), kenaz (21st March 2014), Lancelot (24th August 2014), Limor Wolf (21st March 2014), Matt P (21st March 2014), mosquito (22nd March 2014), Philaletheian (9th December 2015), risveglio (30th March 2014), RunningDeer (23rd August 2015), Shezbeth (25th March 2014), Sidney (23rd August 2014), skamandar (4th October 2014), Skyhaven (22nd September 2014), T Smith (29th March 2014), ThePythonicCow (25th March 2014), Wind (21st March 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Unenlightened Thread - Demystifying the Apple

Post #1:

Gravitational Waves explained with a Towel and an Apple

On 17 March, physicists working on the BICEP2 experiment, based at the South Pole, announced that they had glimpsed gravitational waves – ripples in the fabric of spacetime – dating back to the universe's birth.

The observation, via tell-tale swirls in maps of relic light from the big bang, represent the first clear detection of gravitational waves, which were first predicted by Albert Einstein.

The discovery also allows us to peer back in time further than anyone thought possible. That could have all kinds of knock-on effects for our understanding of the universe, perhaps even helping to shore up one of the most exciting, and baffling, ideas in cosmology: the multiverse.

The idea that our universe is just one of many is a whole other story, but to get handle on how we got to this point, watch the video.
    Source: http://www.newscientist.com/article/...4#.Uywu1YR_iPo

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

annacherie (15th August 2014), araucaria (21st March 2014), carryattune (21st March 2014), dan33 (29th October 2014), Fairy Friend (22nd March 2014), Gardener (21st March 2014), Hazel (22nd March 2014), Matt P (21st March 2014), risveglio (30th March 2014), RunningDeer (23rd August 2015), skamandar (4th October 2014), TraineeHuman (22nd March 2014), Wind (21st March 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Post #2:

Rotation-driven ‘zebra stripes’ in Earth’s inner radiation belt

Data from NASA’s twin Van Allen Probes has led to the discovery of a new, potentially dangerous zebra-striped structure located in Earth’s inner radiation belt, according to new research appearing in Wednesday’s edition of the journal Nature.

In the paper, lead author Aleksandr Ukhorskiy of the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) and his colleagues explain that the Van Allen Probes Ion Composition Experiment (RBSPICE) located the persistent structure, which was comprised of highly energized electrons that could endanger humans in space.

In addition, the zebra-striped formation could also disrupt low-earth navigation and communication satellites, officials from the US space agency explained. The structure was produced by the planet’s slow rotation, which experts had previously believed was unable to impact the motion of high-speed radiation belt particles.

“It is because of the unprecedented resolution of our energetic particle experiment, RBSPICE, that we now understand that the inner belt electrons are, in fact, always organized in zebra patterns,” said Ukhorskiy. “Furthermore, our modeling clearly identifies Earth’s rotation as the mechanism creating these patterns. It is truly humbling, as a theoretician, to see how quickly new data can change our understanding of physical properties.”

The tilt in Earth’s magnetic field axis causes its rotation to generate a weak, oscillating electric field permeating throughout the entire inner radiation belt, Ukhorskiy explained. He compared the electron populations of the inner belt to a viscous fluid, and said that the global operations would slowly stretch and fold like taffy, resulting in the striped pattern that extends from above the atmosphere to approximately 8,000 miles above the Earth’s surface.

According to NASA officials, the Van Allen radiation belts “are dynamic doughnut-shaped regions” that surround our planet high above the atmosphere. They are comprised of high-energy electrons and ions that are trapped by the Earth’s magnetic field, and solar activity affects the radiation levels throughout the belts.

These solar storms and related activity originating from the sun can ebb and flow, the agency added. Radiation levels can dramatically increase during active conditions, which can generate hazardous space weather conditions that could harm orbiting spacecraft and place astronauts in danger. The goal of the Van Allen Probes is to better understand exactly how and why the radiation levels in these belts change with time.

“These findings could have implications for those who model space weather and those who design and operate navigation and communication satellites as well as spacecraft used for national security,” said study co-author and New Jersey Institute of Technology physics professor Louis Lanzerotti.

“It is amazing how Earth’s space environment, including the radiation belts, continue to surprise us even after we have studied them for over 50 years,” he added. “Our understanding of the complex structures of the belts, and the processes behind the belts’ behaviors, continues to grow, all of which contribute to the eventual goal of providing accurate space weather modeling and helping designers to build communication systems and spacecraft that can withstand the highly energized particles in earth’s radiation belt.”

Source: http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1...n-belt-032014/

or was it just simply:

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

carryattune (21st March 2014), risveglio (30th March 2014), Shezbeth (25th March 2014), skamandar (4th October 2014), Wind (21st March 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And some images here, for some of you visual thinkers:

Magnetosphere of Jupiter:

oops, I don't know how this image got here ...

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

carryattune (21st March 2014), Gardener (21st March 2014), kenaz (21st March 2014), risveglio (30th March 2014), Shezbeth (25th March 2014), skamandar (4th October 2014), Wind (21st March 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Does it Matter?

Since Newton's apple, mass and gravity have been inextricably linked in our conceptual models of the workings of the universe. The foundational equations of classical physics make forces such as gravity dependent on mass. Remove mass from the equation and there can be no gravity because the equation solves to zero. And since the equations appear to accurately predict the dynamics of the visible massive universe around us, they are presumed to be 'true' to a large degree. However, this perspective has thrown up a number of intuitively unsatisfactory anomalies in astrophysics. For instance, it's been necessary to postulate the existence of superdense matter equivalent to the mass of several thousand Suns compressed into an area the size of the solar system to account for the gravitational forces in supermassive black holes. An invisible 'dark matter' has had to be invented to explain the strength of the gravitational forces surrounding and containing galaxies.

This mass-creates-force formulation excludes such things as psychokinesis from the conceptual map and, by extension, from our collective notions of what is 'real'. The bias (polarisation) in our collective scrutiny of psi phenomena emphasises their illusory qualities, while failing to appreciate that there is an equally illusory quality to what we take to be 'real' as well. (Much the same logic applies to the 'placebo' argument used in attempts to dismiss complementary therapies like homeopathy. Those doing so fail to appreciate the extent to which the placebo effect operates in conventional medicine or to realise that their perspective, while in many senses 'true', is mostly a function of polarisation.)

Einstein proved that gravity is a 'fictitious' force. This doesn't mean it has no experiential reality, but that it's an epiphenomenon, the product of a non-inertial reference frame, for instance a revolving planet. Through Newton's second law of motion F = ma (force = mass x acceleration), this is a force which is always proportional to the mass of the accelerating object. This has remained observably verifiable to a high degree of accuracy on the macrocosmic scale, despite the fact that Newton's laws are only strictly true within inertial reference frames and a rotating object is non-inertial. Its movement is equivalent to constant acceleration even if the speed of rotation is constant, since the direction of movement is constantly changing.

Mass we intuitively understand to be intimately related to solidity, density, weight, volume. We can see something's mass. We can feel it. How can it be so difficult to define? But as physicist Max Jammer said, measurements of mass are just ratios of other things. Suddenly mass seems to take on an aura of something less solid. It seems far too contingent and dependent, too much of an epiphenomenon itself to be primary.

Read this entertaining article here:
    http://www.smeddum.net/articles/matter.htm

~~~~~~

Some more images:

Heart Toroid Field

Did I ever mention the apple:

~~~~~~

Got to go for now, but will be back.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

blotter (10th April 2014), carryattune (21st March 2014), conk (29th September 2014), Lancelot (24th August 2014), Shezbeth (25th March 2014), skamandar (4th October 2014), TraineeHuman (22nd March 2014), Wind (21st March 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I have posted this elsewhere, too, but it deserves (I would think) to be posted again:

The Mystic Spiral : Journey of the Soul
    by Jill Purce
    Source: http://www.mk-energies.com/tchs_mystic_en.php

Flow, form and symbol

Like all existence on the descending scale of realities, the spiral is a symbol. lt denotes eternity, since it may go on for ever. But because we necessarily conceive infinity in our own, and therefore finite, terms, we are forced to limit the limitless. lt is only by imposing limits that we can make infinity accessible to us. Thus, in practice, the spiral will end; on paper, in two dimensions, we have in this space-time world to stop drawing it.

The universe and man's consciousness (the macrocosm and the microcosm) consist in a continuum and a dynamic whole; this can be expressed by the spiral when, instead of ending, it is drawn either round a sphere or a doughnut ring, so that it joins up with itself by spiraling through its own middle. This symbol, which is perpetually turning in on itself expanding and contracting, has an interchangeable center and circumference, and has neither beginning nor end: it will be referred to here as the spherical vortex. The perpetual in-turning of the spherical vortex has analogies in nature with a stable form of flow created by the movement of air and water. This form, observed by blowing a smoke-ring or letting a drop of milk fall into water that has been allowed to settle, is called by scientists the vortex ring.

Within the totality of the universal continuum, we are limited by space-time to successive and analytic observations of its parts. These parts, the transient formations of nature's perpetual motion - although never perfect - seem to us to approximate to an ideal. In so far as the archetypal flow and growth form assumed by the mushroom, the embryo and the brain embody a forward impulse which turns back on itself, they demonstrate exactly the forming of a vortex ring.

Many formations in nature, although both constituted and caused by dissimilar phenomena, are not only similar to look at, but have identical mathematical descriptions. This would suggest that together they form a higher overall order outside that limited by our concept of linear cause and effect. The spiral movement which creates a center and a 'whole' is also that which - combined with gravitational contraction creates the solar systems, their suns and planets. The galaxies too are probably created by the inward spiraling of interstellar gas. These are the macro-cosmic movements and cycles, mirrored in man the microcosm, which provide him with his model for all things cyclic, from sleep and emotions to time itself. The same vortical laws govern the movements of water, which composes nearly three-quarters of our physical bodies.

Water is the pure, potential and unformed matrix from which all life takes its being. Consequently, the characteristics of its vortical flow, its ephemeral but changeless configurations, remain in all things as a testimony of their origin. lt is from the involution of the unformed waters that the egg crystallizes by the turning in on itself of energy, of matter, or of consciousness; and all these are one and the same.

This order, reverberating down into the microscopic and subatomic levels, both structures and reflects our consciousness. The full significance of organization, which was obviously known to the Greeks since their word kosmos means 'order', is again being demonstrated by the physicists, who say that matter actually consists in its own movement and organization. Similarly, the growth of human consciousness is the continuous refining of its own organization, the ordering of its individual microcosm.

Although this process is built into the structure and is inherent in the natural evolution of man, it is one which can be facilitated and hastened with the aid of maps and guides. These maps are the mythological and religious systems which have been evolved by previous travelers, pioneers of the Way. Such a refining is alchemy, the transmutation of the natural man of the base metals into the spiritual man of pure gold, by repeated breaking down and building up (solve et coagula).

The following pages describe these maps and the ways in which man has understood the spiral of his own awareness. This spiral is not one, but many, which together constitute a spiral of multiple dimensions, in which each winding is also a complete spiral and each spiral just a winding. Furthermore, we are the spiral and all the spirals within. We need, above all, to become familiar with the nature of its movement, and consciously to make its laws our laws, like Edgar Allan Poe's sailor, who, by careful observation as he sank into the maelstrom, understood the nature of the vortex and was carried up by the spiral that had sucked him down.

The simple two-dimensional spiral has a number of remarkable properties. lt both comes from and returns to its source; it is a continuum whose ends are opposite and yet the same; and it demonstrates the cycles of change within the continuum and the alternation of the polarities within each cycle. lt embodies the principles of expansion and contraction, through changes in velocity, and the potential for simultaneous movement in either direction towards its two extremities. On the spherical vortex these extremities, the center and periphery, flow into each other; essentially, they are interchangeable.

In the relative world - that of time, space and their corollary, motion - the potential of movement in either direction manifests as choice; hence, in three dimensions, the spiral may be imagined either as the aspiring upward spiral or as the downward vortex. The spiral is inherently asymmetrical, and any choice of direction along the vertical axis also determines a right- or left-handed path: the choice of travelling with or against the sun. That the latter, widdershins or, sinister' direction has the associations it does is an indication of man's dose relationship with the movement of the heavens: it is said to be the entropic, unwinding movement from order into chaos, or, according to C. G. Jung, away from the conscious and towards the unconscious. By virtue of this important asymmetry the spiral can be superimposed on its mate of opposite-handedness only by turning it through another spatial dimension: a flat spiral must be lifted out of the page through three dimensions, or a spiral of three dimensions moved through four, and so on.

Direction is thus an indication of the dimension, and in traditional thought the 'world', through which the spiral turns. Since our world is predominantly right-handed, the world above is thought to be ,left-handed', a passage through another dimension being implied. According to the Jewish mystical tradition, the Cabbala, there are four worlds, all of which exist negatively beyond their positive existence. Not until one is outside the relative world of space and time is there an end to the possibility of rotating an asymmetric figure through the next dimension in space to coincide with its reflection.

The universal spherical vortex is perhaps the most complete symbol by which we can map our cosmic journey. As William Blake wrote in his poem 'Milton':

The nature of infinity is this: That everything has its
    Own vortex, and when once a traveller thro' Eternity
    Has pass'd that Vortex, he perceives it roll backward behind
    His path, into a globe itself unfolding like a sun.
    Thus is the heaven a vortex pass'd already, and the earth
    A vortex not yet pass'd by the traveller thro' Eternity.

The evolutionary spiral

There are within every one of us three stages of knowledge. This is the spiral process by which not only individual man but the cosmos itself becomes realized; for it represents the course of evolution. Thus in the early days of humanity, as in childhood, there was no separation between ourselves and the outside world, until we, individually or as a race, became self-conscious. As a result of successive wind-ings, our individual and collective ego crystallized, and we could see ourselves as subject, and as distinct from the world, which became the object of our scrutiny. As we looked, the continuum differentiated into 'things'. Each branched into more things, which in turn branched into even more, until the continuum had developed into a hierarchy; language, which once flowed in verbs and processes, broke up into nouns and connectives.

The third stage for the individual is that of intuitive knowledge or enlightenment, in which subject and object again become one. In collective terms, this return to a continuum implies not only the need for a new language, like that which physicists are trying to develop, but that the analytic and quantitative world is winding itself into a new simplicity. At the widest extent of the spherical vortex, the turn is long and slow before we are gathered up into the momentum of the contracting vortex of collective enlightenment. Each person who is integrated, realized and truly individualized becomes universal; and the extremity of differentiation of individual consciousness leads back into the Totality. In this spiral, every one of us all over the globe is like a light becoming gradually brighter, until there are so many and so intense, that there is one light, the light of cosmic consciousness, or what Teilhard de Chardin has called the 'psychical convergence of the universe upon itself': the Omega Point

The breathing cosmos

Because any description of the Absolute must be limited, we are able to reveal it only by using symbols, which cut directly through all the layers and wind-ings of our consciousness.

There is no space here to do more than touch on the profundity of these symbols; but they will be referred to throughout. Each is unity, either as the point or circle. Since a symbol cuts through all levels and therefore dimensions, they must also be visualized in three dimensions: each circle as a sphere.

The function of symbolism is to go beyond the 'limitation of the fragment' and link the different 'parts' of the whole, or alternatively the worlds in which these parts manifest: these worlds are successive wind-ings of the spiral. Each symbol is a link on the same frequency with the world above, a vertical bridge between objects within the same 'cosmic rhythm' on different planes of reality. In other words, each symbol links up with its 'correspondence' on the next spire. On a flat spiral, each point of intersection between a radius and the successive wind-ings would be the successive manifestation of a symbol, traced through the respective worlds from the densest to the subtlest level of cosmic manifestation. We, like Plato's prisoners in the cave, can see merely the shadows of the images of the real objects, which themselves arc only the manifestation of the Ideas and Archetypes (or Immutable Essences). In other words, even the ,originals', let alone the physical manifestations of nature, are but symbols of the metaphysical realities; and even these last, by virtue of their multiplicity, arc but 'parts' of the One Essence.

lt follows, therefore, that all manifestation, or all that we experience, is symbolic, and that 'the whole of existence is a continuum which is ordered in itself. lt has no manifest appearance and thus cannot be observed immediately by sense perceptions, but its inherent dynamism manifests in images whose structure participates in that of the continuum' (Wang-Fu Chih).

lt is significant that, while the simple two-dimensional spiral is one of the most ancient symbols for eternity, it does not ever seem to have been a symbol for the Absolute. This is because it is not a whole; it can, by its very nature, never be complete.

The implication here is that all our conceptions of the Absolute must be more than unlimited extension: they must contain. In all traditions God is seen as containing everything within himself. All manifestation extends from, and yet is contained within, the point, to which it also returns.

So, while the two-dimensional spiral starts in infinity and extends to infinity, passing through all the intermediary coils of manifestation in time and the relative world, it is only symbolic of the spherical vortex. This, one of the most ancient symbols known to man, is most familiar as the Yin Yang sign; and, although this was restricted to the Far East, the spherical vortex existed in the West possibly even earlier. Certainly it is found as the double spirals carved by Megalithic man.

When the flat double spiral is moved up into three dimensions, it has its origin and end in the opposite poles of a central axis: the central infinity, or axis of consciousness.

The spiral has actually returned by winding on to its source. Its 'end' is not a second and therefore relativating infinity, as implied by the single spiral. The duplication of the One is simply the One looking at itself, and in so doing becoming subject and object: this is the duality by which all is known.

Keeping this dual picture in mind, we now have a third element: relation. This distance between subject and object is knowledge; hence, in Japanese, the word meaning 'to understand' (ivakarn) literally means 'to be divided'. On the Cabbalistic Tree of Life this space is actually called Knowledge, or Daat, and is the invisible point on the central axis between the Crown (Kether), I AM, and Truth (Tepheret), I AM. lt is understood as the link: Eheieh asher Ehieh: 'I AM (subject) that I AM (object).' This third principle is the mirror of consciousness by which pure Being looks at itself.

In the Islamic tradition it is said: ,I was a hidden treasure and I loved to be known, so I created the world.' On the spherical vortex, the hidden treasure is the point of origin. In order for the One to be known - for there to be consciousness of the treasure by the treasure - the world was created. The cycles of becoming, the rounds of existence, spiral on and reveal their source by the creation of a vantage point: from its own opposite pole the source may view and hence be conscious of itself. The separation of heaven and earth gave the light of consciousness by which all is seen and which all is seen and known.

This cyclic becoming appears in mythology as the protecting serpent or dragon which coils around the World Tree or Mountain - the central axis, the Axis Mundi.

This dragon is also the world of illusion, the coils of manifestation, which the hero must destroy on his quest for truth, for the treasure, the incorruptible diamond of the Self at the still pomt in the midst of things.

This theme recurs in a more or less explicit form in most traditions: the world materializes and man spiritualizes along the same spiral. lt is the breathing of the cosmos.

With the exhalation the spirit contracts, creates, and involves or winds into matter; this is the creation of the world by the breath of God. With the inhalation, matter expands and evolves or unwinds into spirit. Man is the heart and microcosmic controller of this pulse. By becoming conscious he is inhaling - effecting the return breath.

We breathe in only to breathe out; this is true of the universe no less than of man, who was created in the same image. This is why the life of each person is conceived, in so many mystical, religious, and mythological systems, as the conscious unwinding of the original coils of manifestation.

Looked at on a single spiral, the path to consciousness has to be seen as a return along the same path; on the spherical vortex, the return is a continuation. At the point of maximum contraction, the expansion begins.

The alternating phases are described by the Cabbala. As each individual spirals down the Tree of Life, he involves into matter, being conceived in Daat and born in Malkuth or Kingdom; he thus brings heaven down to earth at the moment of birth, at which point the process is reversed, and through life he spirals back up the Tree, evolving or aspiring into spirit. He takes earth back to heaven, remembering in consciousness his original path. Indeed, all recognition, all knowledge of life, is a conscious remembering of the pre-conscious knowledge of the involving path.

This is a rather long article, and I will split it in two (or three) parts.
    ~~~~~~

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

carryattune (21st March 2014), Shezbeth (25th March 2014), TraineeHuman (22nd March 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,974 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    Post #1:

Gravitational Waves explained with a Towel and an Apple

On 17 March, physicists working on the BICEP2 experiment, based at the South Pole, announced that they had glimpsed gravitational waves – ripples in the fabric of spacetime – dating back to the universe's birth.

The observation, via tell-tale swirls in maps of relic light from the big bang, represent the first clear detection of gravitational waves, which were first predicted by Albert Einstein.

The discovery also allows us to peer back in time further than anyone thought possible. That could have all kinds of knock-on effects for our understanding of the universe, perhaps even helping to shore up one of the most exciting, and baffling, ideas in cosmology: the multiverse.

The idea that our universe is just one of many is a whole other story, but to get handle on how we got to this point, watch the video.
    Source: http://www.newscientist.com/article/...4#.Uywu1YR_iPo
    The apple on the towel begs the question of what gravity actually is. It is one way of visualizing what gravity does, but says nothing about why it does it. Einstein used a rubber sheet: there is no rubber sheet, and its inherent elasticity cannot be used to explain the effect. Why is the sheet rubber and not steel?

I find the story of Newton’s apple more interesting. Why did the (possibly apocryphal) apple fall on his head? Answer, because it was ripe and the stalk had dried out. The seeds in their protective casing were ready to leave the parent tree and begin life on their own in the ground. Only they gravitated towards Newton’s heavyweight brain on the way.

The moral of the story is that while gravitation may be seen as a theory trying to get out, this happened through a ripe practical demonstration trying to get in. In other words universal consciousness guiding human consciousness – food for thought

One binding force of human consciousness is often called love: people are attracted and drawn to each other. It comes in two modes, cumulative – like likes like – and complementary – opposites attract each other. Another binding force of human consciousness is called control: magnetic personalities exercise their influence over others and repellent ones do likewise.

In planetary terms, we see something strange going on. While the Earth gravitationally controls the Moon, on the level of human consciousness, we seem to have the Moon controlling the Earth and Earthlings. Indeed astrology tells us that all solar system bodies influence us in positive and negative ways probably more explicable in electrical terms.

For there is a positive side to the negative and a negative side to the positive. What the mainstream offers us is nearly always the same side. In the above example, love may be seen as a form of control. But love is also about letting people one is attracted and drawn to wander off and do their own thing. This is also known as respect for other people’s free will. This is the opposite of the kind we usually mean by tough love: it is tough not on the loved one but on the lover – much harder. Newton’s apple tree letting that apple fall. Gravity is only one way to go: a gust of wind might have carried it upwards, and indeed this is the preferred method for the seeds of many trees. In other words, the effects of antigravity are generally underplayed.

One more example. We hear about the Sun’s attraction over the planets, which are said to have condensed from a larger cloud. This is probably the wrong view of the situation, placing the emphasis on the firm grip of gravitational attraction. The astronomer Tom van Flandern suggested how stars gave birth to planets, and planets to moons. Paul LaViolette goes further and suggests that all these bodies grow into each other, and stars grow into larger brighter stars and eventually into galaxies. He even suggests that this process covers the entire range of matter from the smallest particle to the largest galactic supercluster. If so – and it makes more sense as a universal phenomenon – we may see celestial objects as playing a parental role of protection, with increasing autonomy as their children grow and gradually move away.

This being the case, as I feel it must be, the untheorized emphasis on gravitational control (I am not talking here about cutting-edge science but of general perceptions) strikes me as a very short-sighted, immature approach acceptable in small children but one that needs to fade as they grow. It may well be that we have one or two childish parents in these parts as well. The big picture is then that we as a species and as a part of this planet are growing, and even if we behave like a sullen teenager, we are going to grow out of it and hopefully play a useful part in the scheme of things.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

chocolate (21st March 2014), RunningDeer (23rd August 2015), Shezbeth (25th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

~~~~~~
    The idea of unwinding was familiar to W. B. Yeats, who wrote:

Unwinding is the inhalation or expansion of the great breath. lt is also the returning of the original impulse: the curling round on itself of the natural world, from the planetary orbits to the mushroom, from the recurrence of our experiences to the circulation of our subtle energies.

Jaunting, journeying
    To his own dayspring
    He unpacks the loaded pern
    Knowledge he shall unwind
    Through victories of the mind.

lt is for this reason that conscious breathing plays such an important role in every form of meditation. Man is echoing the cosmic rhythms, the eternal creation and dissolution of the universe. This also accounts for the importance of the word and breath in so many cosmogenies, and, by extension, the idea of the creation of the world through the naming of things and the letters of the alphabet; this appears in the Cabbalistic, Arabic and Hindu traditions.

In Islam the breath is the 'Divine Exhalation', the manifestation of the Creative, the feminine principle of the One, analogous with the Hindu goddess Sakti. Manifested through this creative breath are the Divine Archetypes or names in the twenty-eight letters of the Arabic alphabet. The alternating breath of 'continuous creation' are the origin of the Sufi ritual, the dhikr. This is the invocatory 'remembrance' of the original Divine act, in accordance with the saying of the Prophet: 'He who does not vibrate at the remembrance of the Friend, has no friend.' The pulsating breath and rhythmic invocation of the sacred Names culminates (as in the whirling of the Dervishes) in cosmic movements and vibrations of the whole body. With each outward breath the Divine Principle is manifest. lt is returned ,back to the Divine Essence at every moment on the phase of contraction, and remanifest and externalized in that of expansion' (S. H. Nasr, Three Muslim Sages). Every moment of existence is thus integrated into its transcendent origin.

These alternating phases correspond to those of the waxing and waning moon; according to the Sufi mystic Ibn 'Arabi, her twenty-eight phases correspond to the letters of the Arabic alphabet, the forms of which are themselves traditionally derived from the lunar shapes. Moreover, since the letters are also phonetic, their form, sound and inner meaning as Divine names (or lines of force, or causes of the universe) are closely related.

The moon, whose cyclic rhythm we may not only watch by night but readily perceive through our emotions, has provided man with many associations for his awareness of the spiral, not least in its relationship to the rhythm and spiral flow of the water which constitutes the greater part of our physical bodies.

The two eternities

Situated between the poles, on our journey through the spherical vortex, we see at either end our source and goal. We are pulled in both directions, since the longing for the womb, described by some psychologists, has its counterpart in the passionate longing of the mystic for union with God.

For the first part of our lives we are predominantly outgoing, externalizing and developing our individual ego as a basis from which to cope with the world around us.

This is the development of our first consciousness of self as a separate entity.

Starting from the pole, our initial windings are expanding. They start small, so that in the beginning it takes less time to complete one cycle. The relative speed of development and growth in a child, as seen from the outside, is prodigious in the beginning.

Setting out as children, we have an enormous journey - our entire sphere to wind round - before we reach home once more. Each turn or cycle takes gradually longer to complete; objectively, the development gets slower, and the windings become gradually more stable as they approach the equator or turning-point. We can see the same development in two dimensions on the Yin Yang, where at the fullness of one cycle the seed of its opposite offsets the balance and causes a reversal of direction, after which, on the vortex as on all homeward journeys, the speed of rotation increases.

Each winding marks a containment and a completed cycle in the development of the whole; but, as each is a part of the whole, the completion is also a beginning, so that the spiral shows the endosure and 'rounded' quality we experience, and the equivalent points reached at every new winding. The recurrent moments of crisis and decision, when understood, are growth junctures, points of initiation which mark a release or death from one state of being and a growth or birth into the next. 'How many times,' said Yeats, 'man lives and dies between his two eternities.'

Most traditions, mythologies, religions and legends describe these two eternities, the two ends of the life spiral. In psychological terms, for example, that from which we part with such reluctance is the undifferentiated matrix of the unconscious, an existence bathed in the pre-egoid memories of the watery abyss of our life within the womb. Everything here seems to have been easy and perfect, eternal and deathless; this was the Golden Age and Paradise, and that from which we were expelled.

The dawning of consciousness was a self-consciousness. By eating from the Tree of Knowledge we saw ourselves objectively - from outside and hence naked - for the first time. This was the first sign of our development, the turning round in order to observe ourself and the consequent delineation of an identity and 'whole' within the unformed ebb and flow of unqualified bliss. This state is described in many of the creation myths, which are at once microcosmic and macrocosmic. The first phase in the ego's development appears mythologically as the cosmic egg. In the Hindu tradition it is the Golden Egg of Brahma, floating on the waters of chaos: the first tentative separation, while still floating amid that which it contains and composes. Astrologically this is the phase governed by the moon, for the moon controls the waters and reflects the sun, as the ego reflects the Self. The egg is formed by the inturning or involution of Being.

If the beginning ofour journey was the Golden Egg or the Golden Age, its end is the rediscovery of that which we lost, the Golden Fleece or Alchemical Gold. But the right way back to the beginning is by going on. As the Tao Te Ching says:

Going on means going far,
    Going far means returning.

To go back would be to go against the order of things, and to get sucked into the downward vortex. There can be a return to the centre only if there was first a departure from it, just as there can be no contraction without expansion. As one leads to the other, so the initial expansion and exploration of the developing being is checked by its return from unlimited dissipation into the infinite. Thus delineated, the 'ego' is contrasted with that which is outside the boundary, a God transcendent, and returns to dissolve its own delineation, to find God within and immanent.

The goal is at once a perfection of and a release from the self. Although these can be two distinct aims, it is also through the knowledge necessary for perfection that there is a release. The annihilation of the self in God, which is the Eastern goal of Nirvana, is also the release from the coils of Maya or illusion, the rounds of existence, and hence the passage from the spiral on to the central axis - the Centre in the midst of conditions - which is also the realization of the source in one's own being.

For what the centre brings
    Must obviously be
    That which remains to the end
    And was there from eternity.
    (Goethe, Westöstlicher Diwan)

On some paths the centre is dissolved; on others it has, by virtue of sheer perfection and knowledge, become transparent. In the Hindu tradition, the centre is called the 'Diamond Body'. This still point, free from the emotional turmoils of everyday existence, is described as something indestructible and unchangeable. In other traditions it is the Rock of Living Waters, the Ka'aba of the Heart, the Philosophers' Stone, the Stone of Sure Foundation, the pearl or jewel. The centre hardens, its transparency increasing, until, indestructible, it has the clarity of the diamond.

Seen on the flat spiral our journey can begin in infinity and move inward to the centre, the concentration of infinity into a point. Infinity is thus reached through a process of ordering and concentrating. The One which is everywhere can be found in the centre of being: a concentration of the One as everywhere into the One as centre.

This organization and concentration is implicit in the diamond, whose constituent carbon atoms, while the same as those of graphite and of coal, have here reached a state of maximum order and perfection. lt is the clarity gained by such an ordering that is the goal.

The spiral journey which begins in transparency, at its most fluid in the unformed waters, comes to its final transparency in the perfection of the diamond.

~~~~~~
    And that is the end of this article. I have posted it in full, for further use.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Shezbeth (25th March 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Araucaria, thank you for your post!
    I have had pretty much the same questions myself.

But,
    I will come to that just a bit further down the line.

18. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I hope everyone is having more fun, than not.
    I mean, nothing serious here, just a few concepts, which when observed from the position of the kid playing in the dirt, it all starts to make (some?) much more sense.

But because Araucaria had questions, I would answer in this way:
    I think now may be the time to throw in the Primer Filed Videos
    (they have been posted countless times already, but it is always good to support a few more concepts with them):

I just don't know how the buddhist dorje ended up there ...
    http://buddhistsymbols.info/dorje-vajra/

Agape --> your turn ?

Last edited by chocolate; 21st March 2014 at 16:40.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

kenaz (21st March 2014), Shezbeth (25th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Let me post some more Apple-related information here:

Do we remember 2012?
    Excerpt from the Foundation for the Law of Time here: http://www.lawoftime.org/home.html and here: http://www.lawoftime.org/rainbow-bri...sal-peace.html

21. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Reinhard (29th May 2015)

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And now let's get a bit back to our own human bodies:

How Your Body Generates Electricity
    of course from Dr. Mercola

Your body is capable of generating electricity, and this ability is actually a key part of your achieving health. Electricity allows your nervous system to send signals to your brain. These signals are actually electrical charges that are delivered from cell to cell, allowing for nearly instantaneous communication.

The messages conducted via electrical signals in your body are responsible for controlling the rhythm of your heartbeat, the movement of blood around your body, and much more.

Your biological clock even uses electrical activity in order to help keep your circadian rhythms in order.1 You are, quite simply, an electrical being. If electrical activity stops in your body, you cannot survive. But how, exactly, does this electrical activity take place?

How Does Your Body Produce Electricity?

The video above, from The Medicine Journal,2 gives a concise explanation of the complex process your body uses to generate electricity. Inside your body are atoms that are made up of positively charged protons, negatively charged electrons, and neutrons (which are neutral).

An atom with unbalanced charges will become either positively or negatively charged, and the switch from one charge to the other allows electrons to flow from one atom to another. This is what is referred to as electricity.3

Your cells generate electrical charges via electrolytes like sodium and potassium using a mechanism known as the "sodium-potassium gate." As Discovery Health explained:4

"When your body needs to send a message from one point to another, it opens the gate. When the membrane gate opens, sodium and potassium ions move freely into and out of the cell.

Negatively charged potassium ions leave the cell, attracted to the positivity outside the membrane, and positively charged sodium ions enter it, moving toward the negative charge. The result is a switch in the concentrations of the two types of ions -- and rapid switch in charge.

…this flip between positive and negative generates an electrical impulse. This impulse triggers the gate on the next cell to open, creating another charge, and so on. In this way, an electrical impulse moves from a nerve in your stubbed toe to the part of your brain that senses pain."

It is because of your body's electrical activity that defibrillators, which deliver an electric shock to your heart, may work to restore heart rhythm and why receiving the wrong type of shock, like an electric shock or lightning strike, can essentially "fry" your body's electrical system. The opposite also holds true in that you can actually harness the electrical charge of the Earth to positively influence your health in numerous ways.

Your Body Can Absorb Free Electrons from the Earth

The Earth carries an enormous negative charge. It's always electron-rich and can serve as a powerful and abundant supply of antioxidant and free-radical-busting electrons.

Your body is finely tuned to "work" with the Earth in the sense that there's a constant flow of energy between your body and the Earth. When you put your feet on the ground, you absorb large amounts of negative electrons through the soles of your feet.

The effect is sufficient to maintain your body at the same negatively charged electrical potential as the Earth. This simple process is called "grounding" or "earthing," and its effect is one of the most potent antioxidants we know of.

Grounding has been shown to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, improve sleep, enhance wellbeing, and much, much more. When you wear rubber- or plastic-soled shoes, however, you are effectively shielding yourself from this beneficial influx of electrons from the Earth.

Why It's So Important to Stay Grounded

Grounding's potent antioxidant effect helps alleviate inflammation throughout your body, a potentially life-saving benefit since inflammation is at the root of most diseases, including heart disease.

According to Dr. Stephen Sinatra, a prominent cardiologist, inflammation thrives when your blood is thick and you have a lot of free radical stress, and a lot of positive charges in your body. Grounding effectively alleviates inflammation because it thins your blood and infuses you with negatively charged ions through the soles of your feet.

Grounding helps thin your blood by improving its zeta potential, which means it improves the energy between your red blood cells. Research has demonstrated it takes about 80 minutes for the free electrons from the earth to reach your bloodstream and transform your blood.

Hypercoagulable (thick, slow-moving) blood contributes to chronic inflammation, because when your blood does not flow well, oxygen can't get to your tissues. Grounding's effect on blood thinning is so profound that if you are taking blood thinners, you must work with your health care provider to lower your dose otherwise you may overdose on the medication. You can see my interview with Dr. Sinatra below.

Grounding Helps Neutralize Free Radicals

Interestingly, grounding research has now discovered that if you place your feet on the ground after an injury (or on a grounded sheet, or place grounding patches on the balls of your feet), electrons will migrate into your body and spread through your tissues. Any free radicals that leak into the healthy tissue will immediately be electrically neutralized. This occurs because the electrons are negative, while the free radicals are positive, so they cancel each other out. As noted by Dr. James Oschman, an expert in the field of energy medicine:

"So really what is happening with grounding or earthing is that you're protecting your body from -- I call it, collateral damage… Damage that was not intended to take place but does take place because we have disconnected ourselves from the Earth by putting rubber and plastic on the bottoms of our shoes."

Free radical stress from exposure to pollution, cigarettes, insecticides, pesticides, trans fats, and radiation, just to name a few, continually deplete your body of electrons. Simply by getting outside, barefoot, touching the Earth, and allowing the excess charge in your body to discharge into the Earth, you can alleviate some of the stress continually put on your system. Walking barefoot can help ameliorate the constant assault of electromagnetic fields and other types of radiation from cell phones, computers, and Wi-Fi. It's also thought that grounding may actually facilitate the formation of structured water in your body.

Furthermore, grounding also calms your sympathetic nervous system, which supports your heart rate variability. And, when you support heart rate variability, this promotes homeostasis, or balance, in your autonomic nervous system. This is important because anytime you improve your heart rate variability, you're improving your entire body and all its functions. If you want to learn more, check out the Grounded documentary (in which I actually appear). You'll hear first-hand accounts from residents of Haines, Alaska who have overcome chronic pain, sleep apnea, and much more simply by getting grounded.

How to Reconnect with the Earth's Electrical Charge

Many Americans spend most of their waking hours wearing shoes with rubber or plastic soles. These materials are very effective insulators, which is precisely why they're used to insulate electrical wires. Yet, they also effectively disconnect you from the Earth's natural electron flow. Wearing leather-soled shoes will allow you to stay grounded with the Earth, as will walking barefoot, but you'll need to do so on the proper surface. Good grounding surfaces include:
    • Sand (beach)
    • Grass (preferably moist)
    • Bare soil
    • Concrete and brick (as long as it's not painted or sealed)
    • Ceramic tile
    The following surfaces will NOT ground you: (pay attention to your floors)
    • Asphalt
    • Wood
    • Rubber and plastic
    • Vinyl
    • Tar or tarmac

Like eating right, exercising, and sleeping, grounding can be described as yet another lifestyle habit that supports optimal health by supporting your body's "electrical" connection with the Earth. It's supported and backed by prominent medical doctors, scientists including Dr. David Suzuki, NASA astronauts, and was used by ancient civilizations who placed strong value on their relationship to the Earth.

As mentioned, simply taking off your shoes as much as you can when you're outdoors will help you take advantage of natural grounding opportunities. When indoors, using a grounding pad or sheet is an excellent way to stay grounded while you're working or sleeping. (For frequent travelers, I typically bring a grounding pad with me when I fly, too.)

~~~~~~
    Last edited by chocolate; 21st March 2014 at 14:04.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

annacherie (15th August 2014), carryattune (22nd March 2014), Frank V (13th April 2014), jbins (26th March 2014), TraineeHuman (22nd March 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And I figured, we can include here:

RESTORING CENTRIPETAL FORCES: The Fractal Field
    with Dan Winter

http://blip.tv/fractal-field/dan-win...forces-6129717

and some more here:
    Architecture of LIFE- Biologic Architecture- Part 1- Creating LIFE FORCE Electrically

25. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

carryattune (22nd March 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I am guessing I overwhelmed you, but may be if we get to spend some time learning some amazingly interesting information, there will be just no time to go wander in the areas of possession, and evil control systems.

I am going to step out temporarily, but I hope to be back soon.
    There are a few interesting pieces I can share here, even if I am to be my only audience.

I am leaving you with a very simple concept presented as a picture here:

The bottom picture is showing you a gift for one of my birthdays.
    I know, my dad can be funny this way.

If you have paid attention to the Primer Fields Videos, and knowing what the dorje also might be representing as a concept,
    the images above could be just describing

what our Sun in Reality is
    (a transformer, a hollow sphere of energy, created between the two polarities shown as a RED magnetic polarity, and a BLUE magnetic polarity, in the Primer Fields Series)

And you know, I get to have my mini- solar flares, if I were to shout out loud,
    or approach the sphere with my fingers, the electro-magnetic fingers that I so happen to have (and so do you!)

Cheers!

PS.
    Auch, I forgot to mention
    - related to the SUN -
    our thoughts have an electro-magnetic component to them (go search about this if you are interested, don't believe me when I say it) ...
    which would probably mean we need to be careful what we think about

(the SUN)
    or in general,

The powerful the thoughts (as in some massive negative emotion directed at some massive negative future event)...
    The bigger the effects...

or was it 'be careful what you wish for, for you might just as well get it?' ...
    Last edited by chocolate; 21st March 2014 at 16:28. Reason: yeah, spelling again

27. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

skamandar (4th October 2014)

28. Link to Post #15
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Kudos "Œil de Lynx"!

Quite an encryption problem for ancients to represent 3D objects onto a slate in 2D... never mind the reverse deciphering of these 2D projections/representations into an original 3D object...

Yet the trick was known to some from the pale of humanity:

"Pierre, le cercle n'est que l'ombre de la sphère."
    Pierre Derlon - Traditions occultes des Gitans

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

chocolate (21st March 2014)

30. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi Amzer Zo!
    I am still dreaming of the time when my French will be good enough to read your suggested book (I have diligently noted it in my black notebook)... so far that is just a dream!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Hervé (21st March 2014)

32. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

So, what did those ancient people knew... I wondered.

I will start with one favorite video here:

Japan

(I have always known that those ancient people were much better versed in all things living, than we are.
    Does any-body need some supporting materials such as pictures of the current state of destruction?)

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

conk (29th September 2014), Wind (22nd March 2014)

34. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Lynx
    taken from Wiki

... a medium-sized wild cat;
    ... The name "lynx" originated in Middle English via Latin from the Greek word "λύγξ", derived from the Indo-European root "leuk-", meaning "light, brightness", in reference to the luminescence of its reflective eyes;
    ... The lynx is usually solitary, although a small group of lynx may travel and hunt together occasionally...
    ... The lynx inhabits high altitude forests with dense cover of shrubs, reeds, and tall grass. Although this cat hunts on the ground, it can climb trees and can swim swiftly, catching fish...

I have to say, this thread is such a Delight.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Wind (22nd March 2014)

36. Link to Post #19
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Lynx (mythology)

The lynx, a type of wildcat, has a prominent role in Greek, Norse, and North American mythology. It is considered an elusive and mysterious creature, known in some American Indian traditions as a 'keeper of secrets'.[1] It is also believed to have supernatural eyesight, capable of seeing even through solid objects.[2] As a result, it often symbolises the unravelling of hidden truths, and the psychic power of clairvoyance.[3]

Lynx
    Une autre superstition veut que le lynx aient de bons yeux. Cette croyance est née d’une confusion avec l’argonaute Lyncée qui possédait une vision perçante40. On pensait également que les yeux brillants du lynxNote 10 éclairaient la route et pouvaient rendre aveugle tant la lumière était intense79. Ses yeux étincelants avaient prétendument la faculté de voir à travers les murs71.

Hence, "Œil de Lynx"
    Last edited by Hervé; 21st March 2014 at 17:51.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

annacherie (15th August 2014), chocolate (21st March 2014), Wind (22nd March 2014)

38. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

pH and Voltage - "Healing is Voltage"
    Dr Jerry Tennant

just to support my previous posts

Amzer Zo,
    now would be the time to change my avalon name to something that has lynx inside ... thank you for your last post

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

annacherie (15th August 2014), skamandar (4th October 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 9 LastLast