+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast

Thread: The Unenlightened Thread - Demystifying the Apple

1. Link to Post #81
    Netherlands Avalon Member Skyhaven's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,373 times in 1,056 posts

Default Re: The Unenlightened Thread - Demystifying the Apple

Last edited by Skyhaven; 24th August 2014 at 21:28.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

chocolate (25th August 2014)

3. Link to Post #82
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

I know some may expect me to say that we live in a digital, virtual, or holographic reality, with all that this would imply.
    One does get ridiculed often, so I will save myself the extra emotion.
    And that would be a very easy answer, but a great part of the mechanic are probably running close to what we understand under the term 'virtual' reality.

This video is interesting, and fits exactly with the last subject of the thread, not to say it fits also other threads, too.
    For anyone interested, Tom Campbel has a good variety of useful videos.

Last edited by chocolate; 25th August 2014 at 07:25.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Skyhaven (25th August 2014), Wind (25th August 2014)

5. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member annacherie's Avatar
    Thanks

"When you start paying attention to your orientation, inward and outward becomes as easy to tell apart as hot and cold. But at first you might need a litmus test: Am I taking in the moment as it is, or am I imposing my needs and interests on it? When you don’t know what to do, just take the moment in and leave it at that. Be hollow for it, whatever it is" -chocolate

One of my demons is identifying with what I "do" instead of allowing myself to" be done" the parkinsons issues really really emphasize this because the deficit of dopamine tends to keep one in flight or fight mode. - breathing a good place to begin to allow...great thread chocolate .

" It is important to note that in spite of how it feels when you inhale, you do not actually pull air into the body. On the contrary, air is pushed into the body by the atmospheric pressure (14.7 pounds per square inch, or 1.03 kg/cm squared) that always surrounds you. This means that the actual force that gets air into the lungs is outside the body. The energy expended in breathing produces a shape change that lowers the pressure in the chest cavity and permits the air to be pushed into the body by the weight of the planet's atmosphere. In other words, you create the space, and the universe fills it." (Under the headline 'The Universe Breathes Us' in the book 'Yoga Anatomy' written by Kaminoff Matthews)"
    Last edited by annacherie; 26th August 2014 at 17:08.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annacherie For This Post:

Skyhaven (26th August 2014), Wind (26th August 2014)

7. Link to Post #84
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

"Is the universe chaos, or is there an underlying mathematical order?

Sacred Geometry is the study of naturally occurring patterns according to different measurements and ratios that appear not only in nature, but in some of the art and architecture that the human eye recognizes as being the most beautiful, awe-inspiring."

"Sacred geometry‬: the study of the fundamental geometrical forms of space time to reveal the secrets of both physical and spiritual reality. It is an exploration into the source of Beauty and Energy and Intelligence. It is a key to good Science, a light on the Mystical Path, and secret of great Art."

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Shezbeth (26th August 2014), Skyhaven (26th August 2014)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

Golden ratio

Fractals

Last edited by Skyhaven; 26th August 2014 at 22:18.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

blotter (22nd September 2014), Wind (26th August 2014)

11. Link to Post #86
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

In this video Walter Russel explains the correlation between big and small, mind and sensation, the nature and the necessity of 'duality' in this time and space, and so on.

+

http://vimeo.com/user3508177/theunfolding

And just so that I am clear, if one decides to put the label 'sacred' in front of one type of geometry, that implies that the 'other' one is not. For me that has always been one thing - geometry.
    Last edited by chocolate; 22nd September 2014 at 07:39.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

blotter (22nd September 2014), Skyhaven (22nd September 2014), Wind (22nd September 2014)

13. Link to Post #87
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And since I mentioned the dandelion, what I suppose one can think of might be just the principle of concentric spherical organization, represented on a two-dimensional plane as a circle.

The otherworldly beauty of microscopic organisms
    Marine diatoms are one of the smallest creatures on Earth. UK-based biologist Klaus Kemp and filmographer Matthew Killip teamed up to showcase these minuscule organisms' diverse beauty.

Source: Watch on Vimeo

For me, personally, fractals are organized units of matter carrying units of consciousness, from the microscopic to the macroscopic.
    Last edited by chocolate; 22nd September 2014 at 07:36.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

blotter (22nd September 2014), Skyhaven (22nd September 2014), Wind (22nd September 2014)

15. Link to Post #88
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Now to a bigger scale:

The hidden empire below Stonehenge

Ron Eglash: The fractals at the heart of African designs

Ron Eglash is an ethno-mathematician: he studies the way math and cultures intersect. He has shown that many aspects of African design — in architecture, art, even hair braiding — are based on perfect fractal patterns.

Last edited by chocolate; 22nd September 2014 at 07:37.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

17. Link to Post #89
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And to the 'super macro', published recently, and already posted on the forum:
    (do watch without distracting sound)
    Laniakea

I was 'amused' by the choice of colors, red and blue , and by the 'great attract-or' -- The Primer Fields videos came to mind.
    [ Nevermind the 'going home' slogan. I never thought I am 'not at home', so this 'discovery' doesn't change the way I feel. ]

But the end of the video, the association it gave me, was mind blowing in itself.

And an addition to 'the great attract-or' type of a thing:

Mysterious quasar sequence explained
    Quasars are supermassive black holes that live at the center of distant massive galaxies. They shine as the most luminous beacons in the sky across the entire electromagnetic spectrum by rapidly accreting matter into their gravitationally inescapable centers.

work, published in the September 11 issue of Nature, shows that most observed quasar phenomena can be unified with two simple quantities: one that describes how efficiently the hole is being fed, and the other that reflects the viewing orientation of the astronomer.
    Quasars display a broad range of outward appearances when viewed by astronomers, reflecting the diversity in the conditions of the regions close to their centers. But despite this variety, quasars have a surprising amount of regularity in their quantifiable physical properties, which follow well-defined trends (referred to as the "main sequence" of quasars) discovered more than 20 years ago.
    Using the largest and most-homogeneous sample to date of over 20,000 quasars from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey, combined with several novel statistical tests, Shen and Ho were able to demonstrate that one particular property related to the accretion of the hole, called the Eddington ratio, is the driving force behind the so-called main sequence. The Eddington ratio describes the efficiency of matter fueling the black hole, the competition between the gravitational force pulling matter inward and the luminosity driving radiation outward. This push and pull between gravity and luminosity has long been suspected to be the primary driver behind the so-called main sequence, and their work at long last confirms this hypothesis.
    Of additional importance, they found that the orientation of an astronomer's line-of-sight when looking down into the black hole's inner region plays a significant role in the observation of the fast-moving gas innermost to the hole, which produces the broad emission lines in quasar spectra. This changes scientists' understanding of the geometry of the line-emitting region closest to the black hole, a place called the broad-line region: the gas is distributed in a flattened, pancake-like configuration.

The 'color choice' of the sequence from the above image/graph is also interesting.
    Last edited by chocolate; 22nd September 2014 at 08:08.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Christine (9th October 2014), Skyhaven (22nd September 2014), TraineeHuman (24th September 2014), Wind (22nd September 2014)

19. Link to Post #90
    Thanks

Wow, stunning... I never knew that diatoms are so beautiful. But then again: as above so below, i guess.

Love whats said at the end of the Walter Russel video: "That what you can see, you cannot know. That what you cannot see, you can know".

Quote For me, personally, fractals are organized units of matter carrying units of consciousness, from the microscopic to the macroscopic.
    Yes, that's what I also think. What is mind-blowing to me is that an intrinsic quality of the fractal is that they are infinite... spiraling from dense to subtle, Not only in a linear fashion, but even into dimension beyond our conception. Its very humbling to know we are in the middle of this.

Quote And just so that I am clear, if one decides to put the label 'sacred' in front of one type of geometry, that implies that the 'other' one is not. For me that has always been one thing - geometry.
    Your right, everything is sacred, although we don't always perceive it as such, some things are easily seen as mundane or familiar, but if one looks closer (going down the spiral), one is going to be truly amazed. I believe there are in fact ones that can 'travel the spiral of consciousness' without limitation. Or maybe we are already doing it, but in a really slow pace.

Quote And since I mentioned the dandelion, what I suppose one can think of might be just the principle of concentric spherical organization, represented on a two-dimensional plane as a circle.
    Yes, I wonder... is the spectrum of possibilities of fractal forms also infinite? But what causes that consciousness to choose a particular form. I know our perception is limited; we can't see the whole design from within the spiraling fractal... but maybe the infinite creator, has foreseen his creations would become aware of the dazzling depths and beauty of the parts, to hint us that we should trust that the design is grand and well worth to stick around.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 22nd September 2014 at 14:22.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

chocolate (22nd September 2014), Wind (22nd September 2014)

21. Link to Post #91
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you, Skyhaven, for your comments.

I have always wondered how deep do the fractals actually go, in and out and in all direction. But also, they are ((for me)) a bit of a lazy way to organize reality. I was considering them as one of the 'proofs' that this reality is somehow technically generated, and consciousness is translated into 'fractal' units to exist in fractal units of matter. I can easily imagine being able to generate a house = walls forming rooms etc, then creating a block out of it ( like a fractal unit of living ) and multiplying it until I cover the whole Earth with cities and countries. Of course, I will need tens or hundreds of fractal units to be able to generate some variety, and from there on. But the idea of having fractals speaks to me of some sort of a limited 'variety' of building blocks necessary to create a 'reality'. This, of course is the technical person speaking. The artist is having a coffee brake.

Being able to go to a different level on the fractal organization scale/spiral I think has always been possible for an extend of people ( and perhaps not only people ) with more than the normal human ( 5 senses ) abilities -- shamans, healers, psychics of all sorts. Here I can give an example of the 'shape shifting' ability some people have. But I don't see it as a physical shape-shifting ( David Icke ), but as a 'different dimension' in which the shape-shifting occurs.

Another example are the true healers using herbs, food, essences, stones and other materials to cure ailments. From what I know they are able through psychic vision to access a level of information that gives them the ability to decide what is the best cure for given problem, being it physical health of some other mental, and so on, problem.

All of that occurs on that 'mirror' dimension Walter Russel mentions, which is what the astral plane in actuality can be seen as.
    Last edited by chocolate; 22nd September 2014 at 17:43.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Skyhaven (22nd September 2014), Wind (22nd September 2014)

23. Link to Post #92
    Thanks

My intuition says these fractals are infinite in depth and height, but not only in 3D, but also in the other dimensions. In these dimensions they might not manifest the way they do in 3D though. The infinite property part makes everything 'whole', like a circle is whole and infinite in 2D. However in 3D the circle becomes a spiral, because the infinity property has to be uphold in the extra dimension to keep everything 'whole'. In 4D the spiral becomes something else, some form we cannot visualize...

It maybe 'technically' generated, but that depends on the definition of 'technical'. From our perceptive it can probably defined as very technical yes. But there's always some paradox lurking behind the corner, because the origin of something technical is often very simple from another perspective. How can something simple become very technical then? Maybe because it is gaining momentum because the amount of consciousness seems to be growing all the time and wants to express itself into something new. But then one would ask, if its growing then it had to start somewhere right, and I suppose thats where infinity comes a long again to wave hello.

So its all a matter of perspective for me, the spiral up seems very technical (but isn't from a higher perspective), the spiral down seems simple (but isn't from a deeper perspective).

Somehow we can all connect (and gain insight) from everything, since everything is connected, using a particular (focused) state of mind. I know I do this myself all the time... on a very subtle level information pours in, but I can't 'control' it (yet ), its more like a background process. I am absolutely sure however one can gain more control over this, if one becomes more aware of these subtle 'background processes'.
    Last edited by Skyhaven; 22nd September 2014 at 19:21.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

chocolate (23rd September 2014), TraineeHuman (24th September 2014), Wind (22nd September 2014)

25. Link to Post #93
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Related to 'sacred' or circular/symmetrical geometry and the golden ratio is a film I was looking for few days ago provoked by one of the threads at the time.

I just found it, and am posting it here.

Why Beauty Matters

I couldn't find a youtube video, so vimeo it is -- I hope the video loads up here well, and doesn't appear just as an internet link.

Architecture is one of the main areas where technicality meets spirituality, and the matters of mathematics and the rest have been studied in depth from the start.
    I was travelling several days ago in the dusk of the evening, wandering around the streets, and my attention went to a more classical building done in the style of European/Roman classic architecture lit up in warm interior light, pretty much glowing. And suddenly I felt how 'sacred' geometry and fractals have played this major role in life and in architecture as the outre shell of life's cycles.
    At present the idea of 'free masonry' , religion and control are strongly connected, and hated, but for me the truth is as simple as creating a building, or many buildings, based on the principle of circular geometry and fractal proportions, so that this becomes the most natural outpouring mechanism of spiritual energy to enter the material realm, much like the chakras act as windows through which the inner and the outer connect, exchange and transmute energy, especially light.
    In a way, the 'bad free masons' were just spiritually versed people, and when one such individual creates something, like the type of a building I described, he gives it a direct connection to the invisible/spiritual/mirror-image world, the 'astral' or universal layer. That is why in most epochs all great architects have become technical and artistic people initiated in the 'teachings' of the 'hermetic' or universal wisdom which is what spiritual wisdom is all about.

One example I studied for a few days:
    The Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore

and the image that directly spoke to me ( the round window as a ' chakra' ) (( I am weird in many ways ))
    Last edited by chocolate; 23rd September 2014 at 13:34.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

annacherie (23rd September 2014), Skyhaven (23rd September 2014), TraineeHuman (24th September 2014), Wind (23rd September 2014)

27. Link to Post #94
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I am currently watching this video, and I think it does belong to this forum.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Skyhaven (23rd September 2014), Wind (23rd September 2014)

29. Link to Post #95
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I will definitely use the opportunity to stick around my own space without trying to write too fast to be the first to reply .

So, I was saying some shape-related details about architecture. But I forgot to mention the most important one.
    As some might have heard, architecture is frozen music.

This video
    and this one
    just reminded me of the importance of shape ( + material ), rhythm and composition/scale to the feeling of the atmosphere of the building ( via resonance/acoustics ). Here one needs to understand a building designed following the principles of the special geometry we had discussed, as a total 'dimensional' space.

Not to mention Pythagoras.
    According to legend, the way Pythagoras discovered that musical notes could be translated into mathematical equations was when he passed blacksmiths at work one day and thought that the sounds emanating from their anvils were beautiful and harmonious and decided that whatever scientific law caused this to happen must be mathematical and could be applied to music.

And not to mention Leonardo here, the space will just be not enough to write about him.

I cannot sing, or play music, nor do I have extra perception developed as others have ( a miss on my part ), but I do have one thing, and that is a very definite 'feel' for space, light and color. It is almost too overwhelming at times. And yes, sometimes I see some music in colors.

I was also thinking, I can spin around this thread the whole world with almost all of its peculiarities. Kind of boring, I know, that is why I will press the pause button and get some more recharging new information.
    Last edited by chocolate; 24th September 2014 at 08:59.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

annacherie (25th September 2014), Skyhaven (23rd September 2014), Wind (24th September 2014)

31. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Some years ago I visited Barcelona, I was absolutely stunned by the architecture of a church named the Sagrada Familia, many of the constructs the architect used were directly inspired by nature (trees, plants, flowers):

Last edited by Skyhaven; 23rd September 2014 at 21:53.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

chocolate (24th September 2014), Wind (24th September 2014)

33. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Chocolate, I neither am very musical in the sense that I could play anything (or maybe I'm just too critical of myself in that sense), but very much appreciate musical people and I guess I have never just really had the patience to pick up any instruments and learn to play or sing. My brother is a very talented musician and knows how to play guitar, piano and sings very well too. I think that guitar or drums might be good for me, but when it comes to using my voice, well that would require much more courage. My heightened senses too can appreciate and feel the vibration, colours and atmosphere around me. It's a good thing if only the surroundings are peaceful.

"Music ~ ... only music may span that space between the finite and the infinite ... music may be the means of arousing and awakening the best of hope, the best of desire, the best in the heart and soul of those who will and do listen. Is not music the universal language, both for those who would give praise and those who are sorry in their hearts and souls? Is it not a means, a manner of universal expression! Thus may the greater hope come." - Edgar Cayce reading 2156-1

I was just reading about the frequency of 432Hz and saw your post here...

To understand the healing power behind 432Hz, you must first learn about another frequency, 8Hz. It is said that 8Hz is the fundamental “beat” of the planet. The heartbeat of the Earth is better known as Schumann resonance and is named after physicist Winfried Otto Schumann, who documented it mathematically in 1952.

Schumann resonance is a global electromagnetic resonance, which has its origin in electrical discharges of lightning within the cavity existing between the Earth’s surface and the ionosphere. This cavity resonates with electromagnetic waves in the extremely low frequencies of approximately 7.86Hz – 8Hz.

The “ordinary” thought waves created by the human brain range from 14Hz to 40Hz. This range only includes certain types of dendrites belonging to brain cells, predominantly within the left (the more rational) hemisphere of the brain, which is the center of activity.

If the two hemispheres of our brain are synchronized with each other at 8Hz, they work more harmoniously and with a maximum flow of information. In other words, the frequency of 8Hz seems to be the key to the full and sovereign activation potential of our brain.

8Hz is also the frequency of the double helix in DNA replication. Melatonin and Pinoline work on the DNA, inducing an 8Hz signal to enable metosis and DNA replication. A form of body temperature superconductivity is evident in this process.

According to the above information, playing and listening to music that has been tuned to 432Hz would make your body, and the organic world which surrounds it, resonate in a natural way. This would fill you with a sense of peace and well-being, regardless of the kind of song chosen to play or listen to.

Opening your ears for music that has been tuned to the “scientific” 432Hz frequency would benefit the entire planet and everyone who lives on it, while listening to music tuned to the “disharmonic” 440Hz frequency does harm by causing stress, negative behaviors and unstable emotions.

Listening to 432Hz music resonates inside your body, releases emotional blockages, and expands consciousness. 432Hz music allows you to tune into the knowledge of the universe around us in a more intuitive way.

432hz sounds fuller and nicer on the ear whereas 440hz sounds thinner. 432 Hz touches the full 12 scale octave overtones of all music, whereas the music of today vibrates at 440 Hz. This 440Hz only touches 8 scale octave overtones. 432hz music touches your heart which makes listening to music a more emotional experience.

High quality headphones are recommended. The sound should feel like it's inside your head, not coming through your ears, and your head should feel like a sound chamber. The industry standard is 440Hz which makes music sound like waves hitting your eardrums trying to penetrate into your head.

"Alpha waves in the human brain are between 6 and 8 hertz. The wave frequency of the human cavity resonates between 6 and 8 hertz. All biological systems operate in the same frequency range. The human brain’s alpha waves function in this range and the electrical resonance of the earth is between 6 and 8 hertz.

Thus, our entire biological system – the brain and the earth itself – work on the same frequencies. If we can control that resonate system electronically, we can directly control the entire mental system of humankind."

- Nikola Tesla

Last edited by Wind; 24th September 2014 at 08:22.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

chocolate (24th September 2014), ElfeMya (28th September 2014), Omni (24th September 2014), Skyhaven (24th September 2014)

35. Link to Post #98
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Skyhaven (here)
    Some years ago I visited Barcelona, I was absolutely stunned by the architecture of a church named the Sagrada Familia, many of the constructs the architect used were directly inspired by nature (trees, plants, flowers):

Thanks for that.
    When I was graduating from the University I happened to be able to read through a book about Antoni Gaudí. ( the architect of that church you mentioned here, Skyhaven ).

I was doing at the time my final project, and in a conversation between us the students and the professor, I happened to mention that I was overwhelmed by the beauty of Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia. To which, of course, the response was: ' Didn't you find someone more serious to get excited about?'
    ... I have received quite a few comments such as that one.

Last edited by chocolate; 24th September 2014 at 08:23.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Wind (24th September 2014)

37. Link to Post #99
    Thanks

This is one of the photo's I took, this about captured what amazed me most: i walked in with the expectation to be in a dark, gothic place, but instead there was light beaming in from the roof everywhere, making it really feel as if it was the roof of a forest.

Last edited by Skyhaven; 24th September 2014 at 08:54.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyhaven For This Post:

annacherie (25th September 2014), chocolate (24th September 2014), Wind (24th September 2014)

39. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    Related to 'sacred' or circular/symmetrical geometry and the golden ratio is a film I was looking for few days ago provoked by one of the threads at the time.

I just found it, and am posting it here.

Why Beauty Matters

What a film! I have always been desperately and utterly in love with beauty, since early adolescence at least. Beauty is so jam-packed with the fragrance of infinity at every twist and turn and tiny wisp of its expression. To me, love is only great because it is beautiful, and to the extent that it is beautiful. Beauty truly is a huge and complete and magical path to the fuller and higher reality, every bit as much as Truth is, and probably more so, I feel, for those who understand. This film just says so much, I'm absolutely stunned. It's not just the beauty that's expressed in art or architecture, but beauty in general. Thank you so much, chocolate. I'll have to re-view this video a couple of times to take it all in, because there's so much packed into it. Isn't life great?

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

annacherie (25th September 2014), chocolate (24th September 2014), ElfeMya (28th September 2014), Skyhaven (24th September 2014), Wind (24th September 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 5 9 LastLast