+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 1 6 16 56 LastLast

Thread: Haemorrhagic fever / Ebola outbreaks have been reported - accident, natural or bio-weapon?

1. Link to Post #101
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 1,783 posts

Default Re: Haemorrhagic fever / Ebola outbreaks have been reported - accident, natural or bio-weapon?

Quote Posted by Bob (here)

Transport to the containment isolation unit this morning.. in an ambulance which was not taking precautions to prevent the inside/outside air from commingling.. as it was driving from the military base for about 15 miles to the hospital. On both the highway and in residential areas. "No worries they say, it is not airborne.."

this page: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28596416 has a flash player at the top with some video of the moment of transfer.
    Seriously, we'll never know how many staff at that hospital have asked or will be requesting a leave of absence until those 2 Ebola patients are gone.

That means a personnel of temps who don't know the ins and outs of the system at that hospital where consequently, mistakes are made and misunderstandings of various directions on this or that are made too which in this case could result in big trouble.
    Last edited by Roisin; 2nd August 2014 at 22:48.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (2nd August 2014), Chanlo23 (23rd September 2014)

3. Link to Post #102
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Re: Haemorrhagic fever / Ebola outbreaks have been reported - accident, natural or bio-weapon?

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    The video in this article, the guy claims it was a special ambulance, hmmm
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/family-...ry?id=24818577
    Ya know what's kinda funny with the spin the press is putting on it, when the ambulance door is opened to the environment, wide opened, there are no precautions, no tent, no seals.. Just a wide opened door, and no air protection on Dr. Brantly.

Press says Watch the TV screen very closely, now listen to my words, read my lips.. nothing airborne, repeat after me.. no-thing..

(Door opened no special air filtration equipment visible on the ambulance roof, and of course an open door.. gees.. what do they think we are sheeple? - dont answer that -- - baaaaaaaaaaa)

(guy on left was the driver, no filtration, just biohazard protection, the attendant has a battery operated filtration system, the Dr. nothing but biohazard protection..) The cop and other people surrounding the ambulance have ZERO protective gear.. (earlier pictures in this thread)

Proper outdoor containment suit below:

Standard nasty chemical containment (not a biological containment suit) below

Biocontainment on a Jet (was it used on "the jet"?)

Last edited by Bob; 2nd August 2014 at 23:22.

4. Link to Post #103
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's pretty amazing,, isn't it? Thanks for pointing that out. They probably whipped off the patient's hood as soon as they got through the door. Yes... it's all just a show. Just hope no one catches it but we'll never know that either should that happen.

Like you said, this a new strain of the disease and presently there are too many unknowns about it.
    Last edited by Roisin; 2nd August 2014 at 23:15.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (2nd August 2014), Chanlo23 (23rd September 2014)

6. Link to Post #104
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

These are Google Pictures of where Dr. Brantly was taken (matching them up with the Helicopter views).

Also the map below shows the relationships between where CDC is located, and where Dobbins AFB is where the overseas Jet landed (and will be landing this coming week with the next patient).

It appears that close to where they went in is where he is being kept.

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    That's pretty amazing,, isn't it? Thanks for pointing that out. They probably whipped off the patient's hood as soon as they got through the door. Yes... it's all just a show. Just hope no one catches it but we'll never know that either should that happen.

Like you said, this a new strain of the disease and presently there are too many unknowns about it.
    Last edited by Bob; 9th October 2015 at 07:44.

7. Link to Post #105
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Haemorrhagic fever / Ebola outbreaks have been reported - accident, natural or bio-weapon?

A few more pictures of the arrival.

Please take a real close look at the ambulance driver (below) while on the motorway.

We don't see the full headgear that he was wearing when doing the photo-op at the hospital.

What we appear to see is he is wearing a face mask, and gloves. (interesting or of course, it could simply be the lighting from the day, and the distance from the helicopter to the ambulance, and he is wearing all his protective gear.. until someone shows that the ambulance was properly dis-infected including the air conditioning system, and that the venting to the atmosphere did not occur {like with the ambulance back door wide-opened} it's all a "what if" now, what could happen.. "if"..)

This also shows how Dr. Brantly was protected while working in Liberia. Definitely NOT high bio-containment gear.
    Last edited by Bob; 9th October 2015 at 07:39.

8. Link to Post #106
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's interesting. I didn't know that those facilities were so close together and I wouldn't be surprised if they've treated other Ebola patients in the past there without anyone knowing about it. The airport though seems too far to have transport an Ebola patient via ambulance and I would have thought they would have flown from there by helicopter but it sounds like they don't have one that's equipped to do that. At any rate, it's hard to believe that the US is really prepared or equipped to handle an Ebola pandemic.... far from it. Under the circumstances, that's a little unsettling.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Bob (3rd August 2014), Chanlo23 (23rd September 2014)

10. Link to Post #107
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 times in 223 posts

By next year this outbreak will be contained. Bigger concern is what happens after next year when resources become cost-prohibitive to acquire or maintain...so 2017 and a couple years after that concern me. 2015 will just become more expensive to survive while dependent on key critical infrastructures - preppers got things right in that respect.

Negative breeze that blew through here has dissipated, but hang time was longer than expected...'hang times' seem to be increasing, but once people realize all they have to do is intend it away, hang times will drop off considerably. Question is how long will it be before people realize that they have that much control over the energetics surrounding them. Guess we'll find out soon enough...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to superconsciousness For This Post:

Roisin (3rd August 2014)

12. Link to Post #108
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 times in 223 posts

It is important to demand from within yourself the most positive timeline possible.
    Last edited by superconsciousness; 3rd August 2014 at 02:03.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to superconsciousness For This Post:

Roisin (3rd August 2014)

14. Link to Post #109
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: Haemorrhagic fever / Ebola outbreaks have been reported - accident, natural or bio-weapon?

That's interesting. I didn't know that those facilities were so close together and I wouldn't be surprised if they've treated other Ebola patients in the past there without anyone knowing about it. The airport though seems too far to have transport an Ebola patient via ambulance and I would have thought they would have flown from there by helicopter but it sounds like they don't have one that's equipped to do that. At any rate, it's hard to believe that the US is really prepared or equipped to handle an Ebola pandemic.... far from it. Under the circumstances, that's a little unsettling.
    Apparently there is a really small 50 foot wide helipad right next to the Containment Facility, however, nothing closer, and no doubt, Dr. Brantly would have needed to transported down the ramp, and back over into the containment unit..

Assuming that if there were a helicopter accident and it went down, there definitely would have been a spread. I'm not convinced that there wasn't an airborne release from the trip from Dobbins AFB, or that there is a contaminated ambulance "typhoid-Mary" situation in the offing if that vehicle is reused properly uncleaned. We just don't know what their procedures are.

I didn't see any other helipads this Google Earth view, but I've added a Google-earth klm link to download a coordinate file for directing the map viewer to the area.

If anyone wants to look around, get a "read" and/or do a "viewing", Google would be good for that.

Assuming that one can get a pretty good read on the containment unit and where the main hospital security location is (towards the center).. see if there is a lot of "charge" present there currently.

Containment Unit.kml - rightclick save - have google earth installed. Double click on the file to zoom to the containment unit.

Last edited by Bob; 9th October 2015 at 07:43.

15. Link to Post #110
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I'm using a new laptop I recently bought but still have to download Google Earth on it. Will do that this evening and will check out that file.

--- update---

Saved that file and downloaded G.E.... but the file was not in the folder I saved it in. Then saved it again and the same thing happened.

Anyway, considering that the CDC facility in Atlanta is the national center for the US, one would think that their medical center would be more modern than the one they are using for those Ebola patients. I find that surprising. The campus looks small too.
    Last edited by Roisin; 3rd August 2014 at 03:23.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

17. Link to Post #111
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I'm using a new laptop I recently bought but still have to download Google Earth on it. Will do that this evening and will check out that file.

--- update---

Saved that file and downloaded G.E.... but the file was not in the folder I saved it in. Then saved it again and the same thing happened.

Anyway, considering that the CDC facility in Atlanta is the national center for the US, one would think that their medical center would be more modern than the one they are using for those Ebola patients. I find that surprising. The campus looks small too.
    Try the link download one more time - i think there was an error in the URL, I resaved it.

An alternate, if you type in to google earth's search box (top left), Emory University Hospital, then click the magnifying glass (or hit enter) you would get an image that looks like this:

to the left is the containment unit..
    Last edited by Bob; 9th October 2015 at 07:35.

18. Link to Post #112
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Well, this whole idea of a virus being released on the world at a time when superconsciousness is being implemented puzzles me. I don't see how entrainment of superconsciousness is synonymous with the agenda of releasing a virus. They seem incompatible, and the timeline being moved to 2017 seems odd. I'm confused.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

heyokah (13th August 2014)

20. Link to Post #113
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,142 times in 2,883 posts

Hey Bob, don't worry about the good doctor not being in a full bio protective suit, nor a now infected ambulance roaming the streets of Atlanta, the FBI is adding an additional layer of protection so every one will be safe.

Quote "The FBI, in working with officials at the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Health and Human Services (HHS), provided security in conjunction with today's first arrival and transport of an Ebola patient scheduled for treatment at Atlanta. The FBI will provide similar security as an extra layer of protection to the public upon the arrival in the next few days of an additional Ebola patient. The FBI is coordinating with Emory University's Police Department with regard to any additional security concerns or needs," said the statement.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/secon...googleplus_sfp
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

22. Link to Post #114
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I asked about DTRA - Defence threat Reduction Agency, of the US in another thread and didn't get any data.

I had pointed out earlier in this thread the DTRA and Pentagon sponsorship of bioweapons solutions development.

Locating what I had asked for, this was found:

http://dtirp.dtra.mil/CBW/news_archive/ammo.aspx - DTRA has a group called, Defence Treaty Inspection Program - they state they are "ending the program", inside sources say it is because of funding restrictions, and apparently information to the public is no longer useful, nor is seeding information in other departments useful.

From that page:

"In 1976, two large outbreaks of a mysterious disease occurred almost simultaneously in Sudan and in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) (then known as Zaire). Over 500 total cases of disease were reported, with death rates of 53 percent in Sudan, and 88 percent in the DRC."

That easily would get the attention of any group responsible for looking for bioweapons of mass destruction.

Also, they identified the strains:

"There are five strains, or subtypes, of Ebola virus, all named for the locations in which they first occurred. Ebola Bundibugyo was most recently identified in Uganda in 2007. Ebola Zaire, Ebola Sudan, and Ebola Bundibugyo subtypes cause severe disease in humans. Ebola Reston and Ebola Ivory Coast have not been known to cause disease in humans. Before last year, Ebola Reston and Ebola Ivory Coast had only been known to cause disease in nonhuman primates. However, in 2008, pigs in the Philippines were found to have died from Ebola Reston. As of January 2009, one farm worker has become infected with Ebola Reston through contact with infected pigs, but has not become ill. This constitutes the first known instance of pig-to-human transmission of the Ebola virus."

Within this thread we talked about these various types.

They talk about handling of this virus, and how to deal with patients:

"Once a person has become infected with Ebola, the virus can be transmitted from person to person through contact with infected body fluids or contaminated objects, such as needles. Because of the dangerous nature of the virus, research on Ebola virus must be conducted in a level-4 biocontainment facility. Healthcare workers should take strict precautions when treating Ebola patients.."

They talk about existing solutions:

"An Ebola vaccine has been developed by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and is currently being tested in clinical trials. The challenge in vaccine and treatment development for Ebola hemorrhagic fever is the rapid progress of the disease. Unless a vaccine or other form of supportive treatment is administered soon after the onset of symptoms, the virus causes too much physical damage to bodily organs to be repaired or overcome.

"As a potential biological weapons agent, Ebola could be effective due to its high mortality rate and level of contagiousness, as well as its availability in nature."

What is interesting is the National Institutes of Health HAS the vaccine NOW. It is not the Canadians, nor the Japanese, nor the other commercial companies who are going to make billions on a vaccine solution, but NIH. An organization who should be compassionate to fast-track and present the solution now, not later.

I had asked for this information to be presented in the other thread where the DTRA subject was broached.

Source

Ed Update - Contrary to the MSM talking heads saying the virus does not mutate has been stable since 1976, re-read the above statement by DTRA..

There are five strains, or subtypes, of Ebola virus, all named for the locations in which they first occurred. Ebola Bundibugyo was most recently identified in Uganda in 2007.

A "strain" appears when a mutation happens.. (dohh).. and PIG to human transmission happened, (dohh) in 2008, pigs in the Philippines were found to have died from Ebola Reston (strain observed in a lab in Reston Virginia). As of January 2009, one farm worker has become infected with Ebola Reston through contact with infected pigs, but has not become ill. This constitutes the first known instance of pig-to-human transmission.

Zoonosis is the mechanism for creating a modification of a virus which can freely transfer and infect across species.. (animal to human to animal with subsequent mutations, again, dohh..)
    Last edited by Bob; 3rd August 2014 at 19:24.

23. Link to Post #115
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

USAMRIID Research - PDF attached, Solution for protection of Primates developed.

August 21, 2013 – 2:00 PM Eastern Time (301) 619-2285
    Fort Detrick, Maryland Caree.VanderLinden@us.army.mil

Experimental Ebola Treatment Protects Some Primates Even After Disease Symptoms Appear

Scientists have successfully treated the deadly Ebola virus in infected animals following onset of disease symptoms, according to a report published online today in Science Translational Medicine.

We were able to use MB-003 as a true therapeutic countermeasure,” said senior author Gene Olinger, Ph.D., of USAMRIID.

MB-003 is a “cocktail” of monoclonal antibodies that help bind to and inactivate the virus. In addition, said Pettitt, the antibodies recognize infected cells and trigger the immune system to kill them off. No side effects of the antibodies were observed in the surviving animals.

This is in essence the technique which was used with Dr. Brantly, but from a serum developed from a patient he was treating who survived. (Indicating a successful formation of the proper antibodies happened in the patient.)

Be sure to take note of the DATE of this report, 2013.

24. Link to Post #116
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

DTRA - Defence Threat Reduction Agency - USA

A "Sole Source Contract" (read: exclusive) has been awarded to MAPP BioPharmaceuticals for an effective Counter-Measure to Ebola bioweapons.

The contract award was let 22 July 2014.

The contract would be for followup research to a current contract that is focusing on the development of a monoclonal antibody cocktail for ebola Zaire.

The new contract would require MAPP Biopharmaceutical to prepare and submit an Investigational New Drug application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for its product ZMapp. The contract also calls for the company to produce enough ZMapp to begin a phase I clinical study.

The additional tasks under the new contract are expected to be complete within the current performance period of 12 months, and done on a cost plus fixed fee basis.

The DTRA said the decision not to open the contract to competition is solely at the discretion of the government.

MAPP Biopharmaceuticals has until Aug. 8 to respond to the solicitation from DTRA.

Source

25. Link to Post #117
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

USAMRIID had mobilized to provide Laboratory support locally and worldwide to help deal with Ebola

It was known about since 2006 how vast the spread was.

Ebola virus has been circulating in the region since at least 2006—well before the current outbreak. Randal J. Schoepp, Ph.D., recently returned from Liberia and Sierra Leone, where he spent six weeks helping to set up an Ebola testing laboratory and training local personnel to run diagnostic tests on suspected Ebola hemorrhagic fever clinical samples. He is part of a team from the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) that has been providing assistance to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa since March.

USAMRIID has been working in the region since 2006, when it began a collaborative project to develop and refine diagnostic tests for the Lassa fever virus endemic to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea. As those assays have matured, the scientists have begun to optimize additional tests for a number of emerging diseases.

Because the team was working on disease identification and diagnostics, and had pre-positioned assays in the region, said Schoepp, “We had people on hand who were already evaluating samples and volunteered to start testing right away when the current Ebola outbreak started.”

According to the publication’s authors, between 500 and 700 samples are submitted each year to the KGH Lassa Diagnostic Laboratory in Sierra Leone. Generally, only 30 to 40 percent of the samples test positive for Lassa fever, so the aim of this study was to determine which other viruses had been causing serious illnesses in the region.

Using assays developed at USAMRIID that detect the presence of IgM, an early protein produced by the body to ward off infection, the research team found evidence of dengue fever, West Nile, yellow fever, Rift Valley fever, chikungunya, Ebola, and Marburg viruses in the samples collected between 2006 and 2008.

In addition, of the samples that tested positive for Ebola, the vast majority reacted to the Zaire strain, which was unexpected, according to the authors.

What one notes by this series of studies, is the vast quantities of infections present in Africa: Dengue fever, West Nile, yellow fever, Rift Valley fever, chikungunya, Ebola, and Marburg viruses. We have discussed each of these in this thread.

Source

(Note: In addition to providing laboratory testing and training support for the current outbreak, USAMRIID has provided more than 10,000 Ebola assays to support laboratory capabilities in Sierra Leone and Liberia. The Institute also supplied personal protective equipment to Metabiota Inc., a non-government organization (NGO) involved in the testing.

Other contributors to the work include the Department of Defense Joint Program Executive Office-Critical Reagents Program, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Cooperative Biological Engagement Program, and the DTRA Joint Science and Technology Office.

DTRA does not get involved unless a BIOWEAPON has been suspected as being used or developed or deployed.)

26. Link to Post #118
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Bioweapon's potential inspired solutions

As early as 2006 it was confirmed, Ebola can be deployed as a bioweapon

Source

2001-2003 DTRA was instrumental in conducting biological weapons attack exercises in OSAN Korea. Specific pathogens tested were Bubonic Plague, E. Coli and Ebola. Each of these recently has been noted in "outbreaks" across the US and other parts of the world.

Why is that? testing or deployment as a bioweapon has been happening?

27. Link to Post #119
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Embassy of the US, Monrovia-Liberia

Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) - July 28, 2014

Monrovia | July 28, 2014

There continues to be active transmission of Ebola virus disease in Liberia, with the total number of cases of confirmed, probable, and suspected infection at over 300. The most affected counties are Lofa, Montserrado, Bong, and Bomi. However, cases have been found in other counties as well.

Representatives from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), experts in viral diseases, continue to assist the Liberian Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW).

CDC is supporting the MOHSW with coordination of the public health response, including public health messaging, surveillance, case identification, contact tracing and data management.

DTRA is providing support for laboratory testing and diagnosis.

Source

(Total deaths in the REGION of west Africa are over 800)

28. Link to Post #120
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

July-December 2014 Response Plan published

Relief Web International published the report compiled by WHO in conjunction with the governments of Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea in conjunction with various US agencies.

71 million $ (US) is the anticipated funding for the project.

Objective: control the spread, educate people what to do, what not to do to avoid contamination (superstition and tradition is a major blocking factor), improve containment facilities with proper adequate medical protection equipment and procedures, building up a WHOLE SOCIETAL response including involving all aspects of government and military and people to take this seriously.

In addition to provide PRO-ACTIVE support, preventative measures, again using clear succinct education sharing ACCURATE DATA (not fear hype spin), provide proper coordinated leadership and interaction between the hospitals, doctors, communities and agencies (locally and across the world taking interest in what is happening).

Mobilise everything needed to accomplish stopping the wildfire potential, the existing outbreaks. Bring in all needed equipment, medicine/treatment, technicians/doctors, and implement now.

If there are any gaps in achieving solutions, now, find those gaps and deal with them effectively, now, not later.

Establish the authority to work across border to achieve these goals to stop the outbreak and keep the outbreak from spreading.

Continue active real time, in the moment meetings with all stakeholders..

Solutions, not just "discussions".. therefore:
    • Investigate
    • Contain
    • Coordinate
    • Case-Manage and
    • Support People and Governments - create LEADERSHIP and FOCUS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst 1 6 16 56 LastLast