+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Animals Leaving Yellowstone? What Do They Know We Don’t Know?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Animals Leaving Yellowstone? What Do They Know We Don’t Know?

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    Is this usual to have bison on the road? They certainly looked spooked. I personally feel that animals are often able to sense earth changes and weather events and i am sure that some research has been done on it. Could the elk be gone as a result of changes and warming in the area?
    I lived in Alaska, where bison were very common,,, they almost always preferred to use the roads to travel on due to the even surface, and vehicles spook them a bit, (though they stay to the road for the most part)

Animals missing from yellowstone is an interesting topic, this could be that the wolf packs are either finally back to their proper levels or have surged higher than normal due to the excessive amount of prey animals that have sprung up in their absence.

this situation is a bit more dynamic than just pointing out that "animals are fleeing"... wolfs have recently been re-introduced and the ecosystem is still balancing itself.

Quote Posted by 778 neighbour of some guy (here)
    Funny bison vid, their feet don't seem to touch ground, someone has been busy creating this video, long winter in the States eh, nice job though.
    Looks like the same scene I've seen a few hundred times before... their hooves give that illusion.

I'm sure this is a real video, yet still "nothing to see here"...
    Last edited by TargeT; 25th March 2014 at 12:54.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

jackovesk (25th March 2014), risveglio (29th March 2014), Synchronicity (25th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

What happened to Yellowstone Park when wolves were re-introduced:

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

jackovesk (25th March 2014), Jean-Marie (25th March 2014), TargeT (25th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    shadows on the yellow poles are missing.
    An inch thick Poll, casting a shadow when the sun is high covered by grey clouds...

...and what's more - Look at the shadow angles of the Bison, if the Polls had a shadow? it would be hidden from the camera view anyway...

Can't buy into that one Carmody...

PS - Maybe you were just stirring the pot for a laugh...
    Last edited by jackovesk; 25th March 2014 at 15:06.

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by jackovesk (here)

An inch thick Poll, casting a shadow when the sun is high covered by grey clouds...

...and what's more - Look at the shadow angles of the Bison, if the Polls had a shadow? it would be hidden from the camera view anyway...

Can't buy in that one...
    those are road markers for snow, they are fiberglass and usually around 1/4" inch diameter (VERY thin), no shadow is no suprise with a low resolution video.

another common thing from Alaska ( or any high snow area).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

avid (25th March 2014), jackovesk (25th March 2014), Jean-Marie (25th March 2014)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,602 times in 1,157 posts

I think the video is real and animals are very sensitive. There's a guy who has recorded data for decades now about dogs escaping and running away before an earthquake and his sources of information are newspapers and humane societies in California. It was recorded both in India and Thailand 24 hours before the tsunami hit and that earthquake was huge, that elephants went out of control and headed for high ground. Just after that earthquake there was a huge one (quake) in Chili and 3 days before that one hits frogs left the area. We were joking here in the Midwest because our Frog population bloomed, that we had a bunch of frogs speaking Spanish up here and they were here and fine. also during that 2004 tsunami in Thailand there was a species of Swan that only nest in a low-lying area and the entire species vacated their nests and they're young. Well the entire nesting population was destroyed yet the species lives.

Dogs pads are extremely sensitive and it is like their fingertips. Fingertips to the ground.

Buffalo, like elephants, communicate with extremely low vibrations and there's a huge link between that and the ground shaking and extremely low vibration and quakes. It is recorded in old books when they heard the Buffalo were in the millions or billions that it looked like the mountains moved and when they talked to each other it sounded like thunder rolling across the valley and hills. They could actually communicate great distances by low vibration like drums.
    Last edited by Fairy Friend; 25th March 2014 at 19:11.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fairy Friend For This Post:

jackovesk (26th March 2014), kirolak (29th March 2014), nenosema (28th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,358 times in 223 posts

http://www.tatoott1009.com/2014/03/2...-we-dont-know/

I'm pretty sure it's not due to a looming tsunami as was the case in Phuket back in 2004, but it's unlikely to result in a supervolcano explosion...reduced animal count is probably due to a really cold, obnoxiously long winter season.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to superconsciousness For This Post:

Alpha (28th March 2014), Bob (28th March 2014), Dawn (28th March 2014), Fairy Friend (29th March 2014), Lifebringer (28th March 2014), nenosema (28th March 2014), Synchronicity (29th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (28th March 2014)

12. Link to Post #27
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

there was a small quake within 30 km of yellowstone this week, wasn't there?
    like 3 or 4m?

Quote M 3.5 - 30km ENE of West Yellowstone, Montana

ShakeMap - IV
    Time
    2014-03-26 16:59:00 UTC-07:00
    Depth
    4.5km

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Greets to all,

This link might be worth bookmarking if you are interested in Yellowstone.

Yellowstone Seismogram Thumbnails

Madison River always seems to be quite active. Have noticed it go a bit wild on occasions, but these occurrences seem to be few and far between in the time I have been watching. Tesla, you should be able to check past data there too.

It always seems calm and quiet whenever I see a headline whipping up the excitement. Hope it stays that way

Cheers,
    Terra

IF.....

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Terra For This Post:

Fairy Friend (30th March 2014), Synchronicity (29th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014)

15. Link to Post #29
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Last time I was in Yellowstone I drove into the park and there was a huge herd of buffalo that was traveling on the road. This is not uncommon there but I agree if there is a mass exodus it's a large red flag that the sleeping giant is waking. Thanks for posting this.
    (Insert signature here)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

Alan (29th March 2014), Fairy Friend (30th March 2014), kirolak (29th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014)

17. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,023 times in 2,114 posts

Was in Yellowstone at age 8 , had a bear grab ahold of the windshield wiper and antenna and wouldn't let go with his face in the window. Been back there several times, mostly snowmobiling for the past 16 years . I've sat right on my sled 10 feet from a 2000 lb buffalo and just watched him walk on by on the snow covered road letting me stay on my sled while he decided where he was going, what a magnificent moment that was. They stay in herds and my guess is they just all wanted to catch up in the herd.Same for the moose, and elk. As for this area blowing , the land rises and lowers all the time, my gut would say when this area stops letting off steam and geysers I would get a bit concerned . Until then visit Yellowstone , take a snowmobile up to 10,000 feet , what a view it is .

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Fairy Friend (30th March 2014), kirolak (29th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014)

19. Link to Post #31
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Does anyone else ever feel like the buffalo walking up the road to nowhere?
    Only to get chased back into the park over and over?

lol

20. Link to Post #32
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

You all may as well count your blessing and enjoy life because if this thing goes off there isn't anything any power can do to stave it off! If it caps off it affects all of us and no escape so just live to the fullest and be glad for the time you've had.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2