+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast

Thread: Any Weird Dreams?

1. Link to Post #81
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,223 times in 2,093 posts

Default Re: Any Weird Dreams?

Today I found myself moving through a couple moments that I recall dreaming a while back.

This was not deja vu. Definitely. I recall this being a dream.

This has happened a few times in my life and it makes me wonder obviously - Is our future set?

So, one of those dreams that you have where you feel like it is just normal life and you wonder why you would have such a boring uneventful dream - sometimes they are visions of your future apparently.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Constance (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (3rd July 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), Soda (25th July 2019), T Smith (6th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #82
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Or maybe a past life?
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Forest Denizen (6th September 2019), Patient (3rd July 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), Soda (25th July 2019)

5. Link to Post #83
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am going to add this here - I am not intending to derail the thread....I was shown my future by a relative when they were in their last moments of life. I went into a dream state at their side. Everything I was told while I was in that dream came true.

Dreams are something special.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Constance (4th July 2019), Forest Denizen (17th July 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), Soda (25th July 2019), T Smith (6th September 2019)

7. Link to Post #84
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Had a fun one the other day:

I became very lucid in a very clear, vivid dream and it was lasting a long time. It was the kind of lucid dream where you avoid flying around and using all those dream powers because it would be socially awkward.

Anyway it was a pretty normal dream: I was in a shop talking to some guy about an auto build. It was a bit nonsensical (as some dreams can be) and I was trying to talk sense to the mechanic, after a while I just let it go and smiled and nodded when he talked his nonsense (he was talking about a particular vehicle frame but what he was pointing at was a subframe, it was actually a long conversation). Anyway as I was talking to the guy I could hear what was going on in the waking world, but I was still asleep! I heard someone opening/shutting the microwave and setting a pan on the oven.

It caught me off guard and I kinda walked off as the guy was talking to me mid sentence, it was a real what the **** moment. But then I thought "Keep it together" and I went back to him so we could continue our convo. He looked at me like I was crazy with a sort of mixed look concern and confusion.

Kinda neat, haven't had that happen yet. Reminded me that I've heard that sound is the last sense you lose in the dying process.
    Last edited by Strat; 17th July 2019 at 01:35.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Constance (17th July 2019), Forest Denizen (17th July 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), Valerie Villars (24th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Last night I dreamed of what appeared to be the Blue Angels flying over my area. They perform here a lot and practice about a week in advance, it's very cool the first day then extremely annoying after because they fly so low it shakes the windows of your house. This goes on for a couple hours each day. They fly so low you can easily read the bottom of the jets.

Anyway in the dream I thought I saw them flying overhead, but they just had markings on the bottom, not 'Navy'. But they generated a hologram during the flyover as a kind of recruitment tool. It was something along the lines of a motto along with a website to join that stayed in the same spot in the sky.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Constance (25th July 2019), Forest Denizen (24th July 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), Soda (25th July 2019), Valerie Villars (24th July 2019)

11. Link to Post #86
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,414 times in 685 posts

was experiencing bad nightmares every night when sleeping in this one room of my house. Discovered there was a 2.4 GHz wireless telephone on the nighstand right besides the bed. Removed it - nightmares are gone !
    Any similar experiences

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kfm27917 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (6th September 2019), Ernie Nemeth (6th September 2019), Forest Denizen (6th September 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), T Smith (6th September 2019)

13. Link to Post #87
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Thankfully, I never dream.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Rosemarie (6th September 2019)

15. Link to Post #88
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

My dreams have been really amped up lately - I am as busy in my dreams as I am in the day.

I usually enjoy dreaming, but lately they have been more intense. Dreamt one night that I was swimming alo g side of a blue whale - very cool. When i was out of the water I had a small friendly monkey on my shoulder and more monkeys running around following me.

The next night was an intense toronado dream. A large house was blown down the street, gas lines exploding, etc. After the tornado, I ran into the street to try to film the damage with my camera but I could not keep my hands steady due to the adrenaline pumping through me.

I thought it was very odd feeling those kind of feelings in a dream.

A question; does anyone have major dreams, wake up and then go back to sleep and rejoin the sa.e dream in progress? I have gotten up out of bed for a couple minutes at times and then return to my dream.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Forest Denizen (6th September 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), T Smith (6th September 2019), Valerie Villars (21st September 2019)

17. Link to Post #89
    San Marino Avalon Member jaybird88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by East Sun (here)
    Or maybe a past life?
    I have always believed at least a third of my dreams are past life memories.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jaybird88 For This Post:

Forest Denizen (6th September 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Rosemarie (6th September 2019), Valerie Villars (21st September 2019)

19. Link to Post #90
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)
    Last night I had a very powerful dream. I was in a city staying with some friends in a high-rise when I looked out across to the downtown area and saw one of the tall building on fire. As I watched it came crashing down, then more and more buildings began to rock and collapse. Just as I started to yell to others I was with telling them what I was seeing the building we were in began to rock and shift and we had to evacuate quickly.

I know dreams tend to predict personal issues rather than collective ones...and this very well could represent some major structural shifts in my personal reality. But there was a strange quality to this dream that makes me want to reach out and check what others are dreaming about.

We are in very powerful, potent times and I think it could be very worthwhile to share and explore what we are seeing on a subconscious level.
    Collective belief systems creaking at the seams, no longer able to support the societal status qou?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Forest Denizen (22nd September 2019), petra (25th September 2019), Valerie Villars (21st September 2019)

21. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,279 times in 1,399 posts

Quote Posted by Peter UK (here)
    Last night I had a very powerful dream. I was in a city staying with some friends in a high-rise when I looked out across to the downtown area and saw one of the tall building on fire. As I watched it came crashing down, then more and more buildings began to rock and collapse. Just as I started to yell to others I was with telling them what I was seeing the building we were in began to rock and shift and we had to evacuate quickly.

I know dreams tend to predict personal issues rather than collective ones...and this very well could represent some major structural shifts in my personal reality. But there was a strange quality to this dream that makes me want to reach out and check what others are dreaming about.

We are in very powerful, potent times and I think it could be very worthwhile to share and explore what we are seeing on a subconscious level.
    Collective belief systems creaking at the seams, no longer able to support the societal status qou?
    Alternatively I see it representing a need to change or transform the environment around you. Feeling this need to wipe the slate so to speak? Evacuation can also be expression of the need to isolate oneself. So it's an escape from the present crumbling reality to a closed in safe space dream. Forced out of a building could also be some representation there of rejection by those people, the people in the dream and what they represent to you or aspects of yourself rejecting other aspects wanting the change.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Peter UK (21st September 2019), Valerie Villars (21st September 2019)

23. Link to Post #92
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    Quote Posted by Peter UK (here)

Alternatively I see it representing a need to change or transform the environment around you. Feeling this need to wipe the slate so to speak? Evacuation can also be expression of the need to isolate oneself. So it's an escape from the present crumbling reality to a closed in safe space dream. Forced out of a building could also be some representation there of rejection by those people, the people in the dream and what they represent to you or aspects of yourself rejecting other aspects wanting the change.
    Yep, it's certainly got some interesting symbolism.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Valerie Villars (21st September 2019)

25. Link to Post #93
    Thanks

When I was young I would dream something was coming closer. Every night I would dream it was closer. Soon it would be here! I was terrified. The dreams continued as a theme for a long time - maybe years. I did not like going to sleep for fear of the dream. These dreams faded but occasionally, years later, I would have another to remind it was still coming.

I used to dream such vivid dreams. They seemed so real, so full of portent.

I used to dream of flying. They were always my favorite. I used to dream about some project we were working on on the other side that was very mysterious. I used to dream of friends and family. I even used to have a recurrent dream about a woman I had never met, who I loved like I never loved anything. She would come to me in my dreams and we'd have adventures together - or make love. Always her. Years later we would meet - I am with her now!

I had a dream my dad died. I called him after I woke, tried to convince him not to go on that trip. He did, nothing happened.

But dreams disturb my sleep and I have to get my rest - they are of no value I can determine anyway. So I don't dream anymore. Refuse to. I have been successful at it for many years now.

I had a dream of the future in which I was happy and content. It scared me so much that within two years I would divorce my wife because of it. Contentment is not for me? Why?

Dreams confuse. Dreams can set your life on an entirely different course. Dreams are untrustworthy.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

meeradas (24th September 2019), Peter UK (24th September 2019), petra (25th September 2019)

27. Link to Post #94
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I had a dream of the future in which I was happy and content. It scared me so much that within two years I would divorce my wife because of it. Contentment is not for me? Why?
    A restless soul perhaps, one that learns more through challenge?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

petra (25th September 2019)

29. Link to Post #95
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Thankfully, I never dream. (any more)
    I fixed your quote, didn't realize you stopped dreaming til I reversed through the thread. That sounds concerning to me, I remember thinking that if I were to stop dreaming entirely, I'd start wondering if something made me into an artificial life form or something (stop laughing!)

Pretty sure people are 'supposed to dream' (no offense!!)

My guess is you're probably dreaming and just don't remember. If that makes you suspicious you could try Vitamin B6 + fish oil to help you remember.

Dreams confuse. Dreams can set your life on an entirely different course. Dreams are untrustworthy.
    I can certainly agree with this!

Reminds me of a dream I had about 20 years ago (still remember!).

I was in a church, getting married to the guy I was dating at the time. I could hear the theme song to "Mortal Kombat" playing in the background (innuendo?) and I started asking people if they could hear music, but apparently I was the only one that could hear it.

The dream didn't scare me though, quite the opposite - I laughed out loud! My dreams normally do not have music in them and the innuendoey music was pretty hilarious.

I ended up breaking up with him once I realized in my mind that I was never going to trust him.

Fast forward 20 years, and I've decided marriage is not for me.
    Last edited by petra; 25th September 2019 at 18:12.

30. Link to Post #96
    Thanks

Yes, I never dream anymore.

I probably do dream but choose to not remember them. Once in a while one will still slip through my defenses. But it has been years since I last dreamed a dream I remember - it was about learning to fly!

I used to spend much time over the interpretation of dreams - but that always seemed counter-productive. Once I dreamt (why is this no longer a word?) of my first love. I spent weeks searching for her. Drove up to her family's cottage but they had sold it. As I was leaving a neighbor came out. She recognized me from decades earlier. She said the mother had died so the family sold the cottage but that my ex-girlfriend now lived in a small town on the lake. I left it at that - she was all right after all. She facebooked me a few months later on my old account - the one I can't remember the password and email for but that most of my friends use and wonder why I'm mad at them...big reason I don't use facebook.

I can barely navigate through this reality when I am awake - I certainly don't need another level of complication.

You left your fiance at the alter? Good for you! Myself, I trust people to disappoint because they are each at the center of their own personal universe - where their own concerns are paramount. Sometimes a conflict of interest will arise.

We are all only human.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

petra (31st January 2020)

32. Link to Post #97
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Default Violent Dream

Last night I dreamed I was held captive along with a bunch of others, and there was an underlying feeling that no one expected me to try and escape.

One day, I was doing the ironing, and I had the hot iron left on the ironing board.

Our master approached, and before I even realized what I was doing I attacked him with the hot iron!

I hate slavery, but do I hate it enough to beat someone's face off with an iron? Geez. My personal view is that violence is necessary sometimes... but at the same time, I really wish it wasn't necessary =/

EDIT: Found a website that attempts to explain violent dreams, and it's pretty good (here's a link)
    Last edited by petra; 31st January 2020 at 15:14. Reason: Added link to article I am reading

33. Link to Post #98
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I had a strange dream which was unlike any dream I have had. If anyone has seen a pic similar to the people I describe in my dream, please let me know.

I was just standing looking at a couple of people. Thing is, they were unlike any being I have seen before.

One was very tall - possibly 7 or 8 feet tall. Large head and neck - his (I am assuming a male) hair was like a mohawk cut, but it was like the mane of a horse as it went down into his back area. Some tattoos or markings on his head of strange letters/symbols.

Two others beside him looked as if they could have been twins. They were normal/average height but their heads and body appeared to be much thicker/broader than a human. Although they had human looking features (similar structure) they did not look human.

They were talking to each other in a language I did not know. They appeared to take notice that I was there looking at them and I seemed to be only a minor distraction to them.

I had no feelings of fear/anxiety/ sadness etc.

It was just such a strong couple of moments - very strong dream, yet unlike any other I have had. No message, no added feelings, but such a strange couple moments in a dream that I will never forget.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patient For This Post:

Forest Denizen (21st July 2020), Harmony (21st July 2020), Sarah Rainsong (21st July 2020)

35. Link to Post #99
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

I’ve had strange dreams lately and managed to write a few of them down still blurry-eyed and clumsy in the early hours of the morning. I very rarely remember my dreams.

For the sake of your attention-threshold I have filtered out the impenetrable, personal and downright nonsensical. Instead I offer you three dreams all dreamt in recent weeks that stand out for their visual imagery and symbolism. Make of them what you will dear reader.

Against an inky black backdrop, I dreamt that I was shown light energy beaming down from a source above. The light was split into three equal parts that looked a little like fluorescent tubes. Only two of these beams were brightly lit, the third appearing very dim in comparison. It was having what looked like soot shaken out of it. This restored its brilliance and the three merged once again. It was explained to me that dark energy was being removed so that the light could be used again for the purposes of good. I also learned that this dark energy had killed its handler. I was not told who the handler was.

A group has attempted to wrestle political power but their coup has been thwarted. There was much double-crossing going on. They have however been allowed to go free with their family and friends, in effect they’ve been spared but banished. They say the length of the procession out of the city would fill nine train carriages and these were shown end to end vertically like a tower.

I was shown seven pouches by a pair of hands. The pouches were of a waterproof semi-translucent material and I could see that they contained parchment-like documents.

The hands also gestured to me that now the pouches were open they could not be closed again. It did this by repeatedly trying to close the flap of the seventh and final pouch which kept flipping open by itself.

All I could see were two hands and their corresponding forearms in sleeves of thick brown corduroy.
    It was a dream within a dream, and in the outer dream a voice was saying it was the Seventh Seal. The Seventh Seal was being opened. The number 7 was continually repeated as well as the phrase the seventh son of the seventh son. The Seven Seals are well documented, I’ll leave that with you.

In my own amateur Jungian dream-analysis kind of way I thought of the meaning of the corduroy sleeves.

I thought the word was of French origin and came from Corde du Roi or Cord of the King. On further research the etymology is disputed and then disputed again, so whatever the true origin of that word (in my mind at least) it’s always been Cord of the King.

The only other thing I could think of was that I own a pair of old fashioned baggy brown corduroy trousers, exactly the same as the sleeves in the dream. So again, what could the reference be there? The only thing I could think of was that the trousers were bought from a shop called Cow.

Scratching my head I googled ‘cow and the seventh seal’ but drew a blank. Cow and end-times however produced something I had not heard of before.

The birth, rearing, slaughter and burning of an unblemished red cow or red heifer marks the sign of the return of the messiah after the building of the third temple in Jerusalem. It is well documented in the Hebrew bible or Torah. The heifer must have been born in Israel. …an unblemished red heifer in which there is no defect… This means that the presence of as few as two hairs of any other color will render it invalid. Even its hooves must be red.

Much of the tabloid press sensationally reported the birth of a flawless red heifer in September 2018, but there are multiple candidates who are being closely observed as they grow older.

The red heifer is also associated with the Greek and Roman god Apollo. Apollo has been recognised as the god of archery, music and dance, truth and prophecy, poetry and the healing of diseases. He is also associated with light and the sun.

Personally I’m not religious and while I would say the links are all a little stretched, I am interested in how the subconscious mind operates. The links are tenuous but you can still make them.

I asked the tarot for an explainer card to the dreams and pulled: Strength ( triumphant conclusion)

Then I asked for a second clarifying card but got four ‘jumpers’ from the pack in the following order:

What’s at hand: Death (reversed) Resistance to change, personal transformation, inner purging.

Past influences: The World An ending to a cycle of life before the next big cycle.

Ponder this: IX Swords (reversed) Inner turmoil, deep-seated fears, secrets, releasing worry

The future: The Sun. The card of enlightenment, positivity, success and don’t forget good old Apollo!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Post:

DeDukshyn (12th August 2020), Forest Denizen (12th August 2020), Harmony (12th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th August 2020)

37. Link to Post #100
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Last night:

I was in some sort of competition, in some unknown place, and my partner and I , (just some guy in the dream - he was my partner just for this competition, I don't think I knew who he was) had to make repairs to this old truck that we had to race to the next checkpoint.

Doing the repairs to the truck was part of the competition. The vehicle's front left wheel appeared to have a completely broken steering arm and some suspension work looked like it needed to be done. This aspect of the dream just seemed like some sort of weird segue into a more interesting aspect, which is completely different.

Anyway, my competition partner was more knowledgeable than I and proceeded to do most of the actual work, and before long we were off racing our truck to the next checkpoint. Suddenly, a bit off in the distance we saw a very large black moose running across the landscape making bounding leaps over obstacles as it ran. This moose looked extremely majestic and inspired awe just at its sight, but it also had large black feathered wings and a black flowing mane that trailed behind it.

We lost sight of it as we carried on toward the checkpoint. Some time later we approached the next checkpoint, and were required to abandon the truck, and start work repairing a car. I was even more useless at the repairs this time so I sort of just sort of wandered around and that is when this competition aspect of this dream pretty much ended and my partner nor any aspects of the race appeared further.

Another short time later, I found myself on a bit of a plain, and the giant black moose appeared to me again, thundering past, with leaping bounds and this time it was close. It galloped right by me, leaping into the air occasionally, over uneven areas of the terrain -- its wings assisting making it seem as light as the air, and I got a better look at it.

It actually had two sets of black feathered wings, somewhat overlaid, a bit like like how a butterfly's front and back wings overlay, and it also had two great flowing manes, one over the top of the other flowing out behind it. I was left awestruck at its incredible majestic beauty and stature.

I watched it gallop off in the distance, then I heard more galloping come from behind where the moose had just come from and I turned to see three beautiful pure white horses. They too had feathered wings, like how one would imagine Pegasus. I believe these three horses had riders, and were leading quite a large entourage of native Americans, who were following with other horses, some pulling carts etc. It appeared they were travelling a great distance and were following the great black moose.

They stopped at the area where I was and began setting up a camp of sorts. They had lots of foodstuffs and looked to be setting up for a feast. An old and wise looking Native man dressed in the most artistically exquisite and detailed native American regalia adorned with very large feathers approached my direction with a large smile. I'd say he was their chief.

"Hello!" I called out confidently, and he returned it immediately with an even bigger smile. "Good to see you!" he said and we proceeded to share a very strong and loving embrace that lasted for at least 20 seconds, like old friends that hadn't seen each other in a 1000 years. I felt comforted by the familiarity of his presence.

I complimented what I thought was his great black moose, and the winged horses on their exquisite beauty, and he thanked for the compliment on the winged horses, I had the impression then that they were just following the moose, or it was a guide for them on their journey.

Then a young woman who had been observing our encounter, stepped up and spoke to the chief in a native language that my ears could not understand, but interestingly, I was presented with subtitles. "Its a trick ... ?" she said to him. He responded to her "What do you mean?", "This could be a trick." she confidently responded ...

"No, no! This is no trick!" he laughed heartily as he responded to her still in their native language, and she seemed relieved by his confidence. By this time the feast was mostly set up, and the chief said to me "You should join us!". I could not quite ascertain if he was referring to the feast itself, or to the journey that the clan was obviously on, but I felt he was referring to both.

Edit: I missed this part, adding it in:

I then heard the young woman that had asked if it was a "trick" mention something about the northern lights, which caught my attention. I asked her if she had seen them and how I might also be able to see them. She claimed they hadn't been seen in a very long time, and something along the lines of when they return "they will come up from the underground", avoiding all eye contact with me when she spoke. ... I feel that the term northern lights was just a symbol for something else, and not referring to aurora, which I had initially assumed.

... At that time I awoke, and the dream ended. It was quite an emotionally and visually vivid dream, more so than just a "normal" dream. It left me energized and emotionally in a great place.

If anyone on the forum has insights into perhaps native American symbology or dream symbology that might relate to this dream, I would love to hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 12th August 2020 at 02:21.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Forest Denizen (12th August 2020), Harmony (12th August 2020), leavesoftrees (12th August 2020), Mare (12th August 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th August 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast