Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: I ache from loneliness

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Default Re: I ache from loneliness

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    I am always looking for ways to balance and find more freedom. I'd like to suggest you try a very simple do-it-yourself self help technique. Found hidden in an ancient manuscript was a very simple method of balancing emotions, organs, and the energy flow of your own body. This has been named 'Jin Shin Jyutsu Is', which translates as 'Getting to Know (Help) Myself Art of Living'. Believe it or not you can use this for less than an hour daily and your feelings of loneliness will vanish, along with any depression, sadness, grief, or anger!

Seems to good to be true... right? Well, I use this daily and I can tell you that it truly works... and works well.

So here's the first simple self help you can do... just wrap your thumb and fingers of the LEFT hand gently around each and every digit of the RIGHT hand, one at a time. Hold each finger (and the thumb too) until you feel them begin to pulse. Then switch hands and do all the fingers (and thumb) of the LEFT hand by holding them with your RIGHT hand one at a time.

Your self treatment will look like this.

What is actually happening is that you are balancing the electrical system in your body and each digit on your hands is directly related to different parts of this system. When the electrical system of your body is shut down, the result is negative emotions including loneliness. Being bed ridden or unable to exercise for some time almost guarantees that your body is having trouble balancing itself... but you can help it in this very simple way.

There are some really simple self-help books, but there are also some wonderful web sites that you can enjoy if you desire.
    Thank you. So simple that it can become a habit when relaxing without thinking.
    I think weather has a major influence on emotions. What do you think?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (30th March 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Sidney (30th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014), Wind (30th March 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

what an awesome discussion.as a huge psychology and sociology fan i love these kinds of discussion.
    I have 2 very close friends that i share everything with and some other friends but even i have always felt "un-normal" around them. i see the world much more differently than my friends do. I do have huge amounts of trouble understanding the opposite sex(im not the only one im guessing) and i want to find the right girl but its extremely hard to find like minded people like me specially females. sometimes this bothers and worries me alot because idk what to do.
    some things i have found to be helpful i think would be to find hobbies you like and try out new stuff. people like connecting with someone who shares the same concept and interests. also its good to know that people have alot of different opinions about the world and thus perhaps you should share everything you believe in specially if its to the extreme. ( for example if you believe 9/11 was an inside job, it would be not wise to tell a bunch of soldiers about your theory).

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to pumashared For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th March 2014), raregem (30th March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Sidney (30th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014), Wind (30th March 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

Dawn, thank you for posting that web site. Lots of interesting material presented in such detailed, and iwth so many links to articles and movies. I have been enjoying it.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/070701ims...veyoujoevitale

Sincerely,

Mr. Davis

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to blake For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014)

7. Link to Post #44
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Last edited by Hazel; 30th March 2014 at 12:58.

8. Link to Post #45
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

AutumnW, Sidney, Tesla, thanks for this intimacy! You are truly beautiful people. I've went through several periods of loneliness in my life. Now, I'm in position of trying to get time to be by myself!! (I'm introverted by nature). I realize now that what I need is balance.
    When I became involved with a group of Native Americans practicing spiritual ceremonies, it was very hard for me to open up. There was a lot of self-confronting and change. I thank Creator for these people because I was accepted with all of my foibles. Through them I've met so many wonderful human beings. Yes, they are not perfect but, neither am I. It seems that what I was missing was the connection and being able to see that connection to Creator.
    We all live on a strand of Grandmother Spider's great web. Whatever way you can, try to be and see that connection. For example, heart meditation is a really great way to make the connection. There are several methods out there such as those taught by Drunvalo Melchizedek or the Heart Math Institute. I offer this with my heartfelt intentions of goodwill to you.
    I'll be burning some tobacco in a few minutes (Native American way of sending prayers up). I'll be praying for you today.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Dennis Leahy (30th March 2014), Limor Wolf (30th March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Sidney (30th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014), Wind (30th March 2014)

10. Link to Post #46
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

these days i'm pretty much a loner, even room with full of people but inside i feel alone and being sick of with the crap is going on or the society is going. Alot of times especially when ever i hear people died i have that moment of happy for them because they leave this earth and bless them...i got no fear of death when i hear stuff about doomsday like asteroid hit earth and glad going home.right now as i type this, thought of about depopulation thing..i dontt really care about it, if they kill me then so be it...i leave this craphole and continue somewhere else.

don't know about you guys but i feel very tired right now and very lonely where not many people have that same kid of thought like people in Non-Mainstream around me. I don't feel like end my life or anything suicidal alike but happy to leave current physicality...j

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Antagenet (30th March 2014), AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Limor Wolf (30th March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Sidney (30th March 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (30th March 2014), varuna (30th March 2014)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    these days i'm pretty much a loner, even room with full of people but inside i feel alone and being sick of with the crap is going on or the society is going. Alot of times especially when ever i hear people died i have that moment of happy for them because they leave this earth and bless them...i got no fear of death when i hear stuff about doomsday like asteroid hit earth and glad going home.right now as i type this, thought of about depopulation thing..i dontt really care about it, if they kill me then so be it...i leave this craphole and continue somewhere else.

don't know about you guys but i feel very tired right now and very lonely where not many people have that same kid of thought like people in Non-Mainstream around me. I don't feel like end my life or anything suicidal alike but happy to leave current physicality...j
    I feel for you. As I read your post I felt despair, a giving up of sorts, a relinquishing of Spirit in Self. I have felt exactly (still working on it) as you. It has become so tiresome. The repeat of the repeat. I am trying to regain joyful Spirit of Self. I don't think we rise in vibration during our "I am so tired" times. I want to be able to coexist with the free will of others without losing my joy de vive( sp
    Very difficult to find people that see beyond the veil and speak clearly without condescending to the one who seeks awareness.
    It is difficult regardless of which side of the veil one looks through. Loving thoughts and Spiritual healing to all here on PA>

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Antagenet (30th March 2014), AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Sidney (30th March 2014)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 337 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    This makes me think of one of the physical aspects of isolation, and that is in not getting hugs. Communication/interaction is great, but there is something magical and mystical about the energy exchange in hugs. It's not the degree of intimate energy exchange of sex/lovemaking, but it is closer to that realm of energy exchange than even being surrounded by friends and family.

This isn't an "answer" to loneliness and isolation - just something that popped into my head as a peripheral advantage/attribute of human physical contact.

Dennis
    Hey Dennis. You ain't kidding!! In my loneliest periods I have often wanted to be able to call someone, like a hugging service, and pay for someone to hold me for a few hours. I think someone might make a fortune if they started that business.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Sidney (30th March 2014), tessfreq (20th August 2019)

16. Link to Post #49
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

I want to thank everyone who posted here, to support people who are struggling with loneliness and all of the attendant issues. You have all helped me a great deal and I plan to PM all of you who have expressed feelings of loneliness on this thread as well. Give me time though. My energy is very low right now.

I want to give a double dose of praise and express my gratitude and deep affection for Sidney, who immediately reached out to me in a PM, Shezbeth, Unicorn and dear Tesla, who is going through the tortures of the damned and still somehow able to keep it together. God Bless you, Tesla.

I want to draw a distinction, too, between the different kinds of solitudes.

The Two Solitudes:

One is hermetic and usually self imposed-- where you feel drawn into the deeper meaning of the world around you. You become more sensitive to the natural world, people seem kind of odious, as Dawn described, and a pleasant detachment sets in, as you pursue your introspective hobbies.

I've been there and am working on getting back there. Thanks so much Dawn, for all of your suggestions and insights there.

The other form of solitude that Sidney and I are experiencing, currently, is quite different. Significant others, like close family, have eventually all pulled away.

I managed to be happy in my solitude for many many years because my parents were alive and I knew they cared. I assumed my brother, who I was really close to, also cared. My sister, though we had a casual relationship, I thought, also really did care. My world has fallen apart, since then.

However, I will build it back up, stone by stone, brick by brick. I am not completely alone. My husband, though frequently absent and not very psychologically savvy, cares about me. I have that to build on AND all of you wonderful people, though I have never met any of you. That, could very well change!

Much love to you all,

AutumnW
    Last edited by AutumnW; 30th March 2014 at 19:23.

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Agape (31st March 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), mosquito (31st March 2014), mpod001 (31st March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Shezbeth (1st April 2014), Sidney (30th March 2014), spiritwind (30th March 2014), tessfreq (20th August 2019), Wind (30th March 2014)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 times in 337 posts

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)

I am an extremely strong individual. Every one of the doctors I have had for the last 20 years have told me that they have never encountered an individual as psychologically intact and healthy, with this disease. So...I am actually doing very well. It's a tough slog, like rolling a huge boulder uphill, everyday...but I am succeeding in rolling the boulder and not becoming embittered or brittle in the process of constant stress.

Being as constrained as I am, has become a spiritual crisis. It's a challenge to overcome, describe, explain. It helps to give me insight into others, similarly afflicted, for whatever reason, be it psychological, situational, or like me, due to illness.

For the last few years I have felt that I am being tested to the very limits of my endurance...but I WILL prevail. Nothing and nobody is going to defeat me, spiritually. My ability to love won't be destroyed by the calculated indifference of thoughtless, selfish 'friends'. No one will accuse me of 'being dark' when I am putting up a heroic struggle against the forces of darkness that they themselves unleash.
    You are brave to express yourself here, and I thank you.

You are heroic in your resolve to prevail.... and very inspiring!!!

There is no shame in being the victim of abandonment by others.
    The shame is theirs, and I wonder how they live with themselves
    being uncaring cowards and they themselves addicted to the darkness.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Antagenet For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Sidney (30th March 2014)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

I was asked to elaborate a bit on my comment regarding the conspiracy part of isolation. I don't want to delve too deep, as to not derail and veer off topic, but we need to always remember, that there is deliberate programming going on, to separate people from any kind of support system. Divide and conquer, is one of their favorite tools. And to be truthful, they would prefer us to be isolated, and depressed to the point of suicide. And that doubly goes for anyone who is a TI. Either dead, or institutionalized, is their ultimate goal.

Like Autumn said, there is being alone, and then there is lonely. My definition of lonely, is feeling there is a void, where my heart used to be. A hole. But I also believe they are using frequencies, via chemtrails/haarp,satellites,television, pharmaceuticals, and all other toxins we eat drink and breathe. It is a full time job to try to keep detoxed and nourished, especially if one has a chronic illness on top of the bombardment of poisons.

Autumn, I personally want to thank you for your courage to start this important topic of conversation. It is not easy to say out loud, that I am lonely. But in the last 24 hours, I actually feel/am less lonely. And I credit you and all you beautiful people that care enough to chime in here and offer your kind thoughts, and adivice.

Dawn, I personally want to thank you too. I haven't really had the time to do the finger hold exercise yet, but I DID practice the I Love You and I am sorry, Mantra. I had to spend 4 hours driving this morning, and I chanted that mantra, almost the entire way. And there is something very soothing about that. I focused it toward, not just myself/inner child, but towards all of the people who I feel have hurt me over the years. I really do believe there is something to that, and I am sure I have barely scratched the surface with learning this healing modality. With each I love you, part of the void was filled, and with each I'm sorry, a bit of my accumulated trauma was released. I have absolutely no idea how this can possibly work, but something was occurring, I could feel it.

I also want to extend the offer to anyone here, to private message me anytime, if you feel lonely, and need a shoulder, or an open ear/heart. I am a really good listener. Love and hugs,Xo Sidney

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Agape (31st March 2014), AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Limor Wolf (30th March 2014), pumashared (30th March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), spiritwind (1st April 2014)

22. Link to Post #52
    Thanks

AutumnW..I think you sort of hit the nail on the head, being alone is more bearable when you know that someone out there cares about you, (when your parents were alive)..it was easier..you knew they cared. Being alone and having no one takes enormous courage, to face everything alone, the bills, health issues..not to mention the state of the world!

I often look around me when I'm out and about travelling and notice that everyone is staring at some sort of electronic gadget, mobile phone, ipad, computer...as humans we have stopped looking at each other, smiling , interacting...I think this is adding another layer to our collective loneliness.

I also wanted to say that you are a very brave human being and I'm very glad you are here on Avalon

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to varuna For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (31st March 2014), Pris (22nd October 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Shezbeth (1st April 2014)

24. Link to Post #53
    United States Unsubscribed
    earth * planet Hell hole without a Heart. Move the H to the end and get planet without H-eart.Earth
    Thanks

I've become a recluse since awakening 6 years ago. I also became sick. I have been a hermit. I welcome being alone. I have one best friend and that is my dog. She is the only being i can really trust here. With her, i never feel alone. My family let me down, after awakening i tried to forward them videos about chemtrails etc. They shunned me and i haven't spoken to my brothers since..my mom just wants me to go away and i believe she's embarrassed by me. I don't fit in with her "program". Animals are the best to be around, but if one is ill, i would not want to get one knowing one may not be around for their entire life. It's ok to be lonely. That is just planet earth stuff, when we leave here, and go home it will be amazingly beautiful and your heart will be fulfilled. This is just a termporary place and that gives me comfort. My only goal is to help out on this shiit hole and then go back home. I don't like the cruelty here and the way families treat one another. If you had good parents then you are lucky. I just long for the day when i can get off this planet and be with like minded souls, i know that will happen and that's why i'm ok with solitude and being alone. I feel worse being around the sheeple.

25. Link to Post #54
    Colombia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I can give you my sympathy, for, I too walk a lonesome road. The things that motivate me are my desire to spiritually evolve and the idea that I'm not truly alone, even if we are far away we are all connected, and serve as little beacons amidst the darkness. Your topic became one such for me, and I wish to someday do something that serves as a beacon for you too.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to andresrx1782 For This Post:

Antagenet (4th April 2014), AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (1st April 2014), Fairy Friend (31st March 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Wind (1st April 2014)

27. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

AutumnW (1st April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), carryattune (31st March 2014), Dawn (1st April 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), Wind (1st April 2014)

29. Link to Post #56
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by vilcabamba (here)
    I've become a recluse since awakening 6 years ago. I also became sick. I have been a hermit. I welcome being alone. I have one best friend and that is my dog. She is the only being i can really trust here. With her, i never feel alone. My family let me down, after awakening i tried to forward them videos about chemtrails etc. They shunned me and i haven't spoken to my brothers since..my mom just wants me to go away and i believe she's embarrassed by me. I don't fit in with her "program". Animals are the best to be around, but if one is ill, i would not want to get one knowing one may not be around for their entire life. It's ok to be lonely. That is just planet earth stuff, when we leave here, and go home it will be amazingly beautiful and your heart will be fulfilled. This is just a termporary place and that gives me comfort. My only goal is to help out on this shiit hole and then go back home. I don't like the cruelty here and the way families treat one another. If you had good parents then you are lucky. I just long for the day when i can get off this planet and be with like minded souls, i know that will happen and that's why i'm ok with solitude and being alone. I feel worse being around the sheeple.
    I so get what you are saying. I almost want to leave this place permanently too, Vilcabamba, somedays anyway. I guess we are doing some serious spiritual work here, or we wouldn't feel this way.

It's things like, for me, having to eat meat, because my allergies to so many foods are so extreme. What a ludicrous position to be in. I love animals and I have to eat them! It's like a twisted joke. My very existence is predicated on the suffering of something or someone else.

How are you sick, if you don't mind writing about it. Feel free to PM me, if you'd like. My thoughts are with you.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by andresrx1782 (here)
    I can give you my sympathy, for, I too walk a lonesome road. The things that motivate me are my desire to spiritually evolve and the idea that I'm not truly alone, even if we are far away we are all connected, and serve as little beacons amidst the darkness. Your topic became one such for me, and I wish to someday do something that serves as a beacon for you too.
    That is so kind. Thank you so much. Who knows, Andres...Maybe we'll become so good at this that we will become flood lights, not mere beacons!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Antagenet (4th April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), Dawn (1st April 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019)

31. Link to Post #57
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)

Hang in there! We have work to do here. Those most sensitive to suffering and all of the inane bull****, may be in a unique position to help change it. I know how hard it is, but keep reaching out ,if you are down and you surely will find like minded people, like all,of us here, to help lift you up.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Antagenet (4th April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), Dawn (1st April 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019)

33. Link to Post #58
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ahnung-quay (here)
    AutumnW, Sidney, Tesla, thanks for this intimacy! You are truly beautiful people. I've went through several periods of loneliness in my life. Now, I'm in position of trying to get time to be by myself!! (I'm introverted by nature). I realize now that what I need is balance.
    When I became involved with a group of Native Americans practicing spiritual ceremonies, it was very hard for me to open up. There was a lot of self-confronting and change. I thank Creator for these people because I was accepted with all of my foibles. Through them I've met so many wonderful human beings. Yes, they are not perfect but, neither am I. It seems that what I was missing was the connection and being able to see that connection to Creator.
    We all live on a strand of Grandmother Spider's great web. Whatever way you can, try to be and see that connection. For example, heart meditation is a really great way to make the connection. There are several methods out there such as those taught by Drunvalo Melchizedek or the Heart Math Institute. I offer this with my heartfelt intentions of goodwill to you.
    I'll be burning some tobacco in a few minutes (Native American way of sending prayers up). I'll be praying for you today.
    Thank you so much. It sounds like you have an interesting story to tell and that through your own trials and tribulations you can easily walk a mile in our shoes. And in my heart know that I am walking a mile in your .... moccasins. Take care

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This is an excellent video. Thanks!!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Cara (20th August 2019), Sadieblue (16th September 2019)

35. Link to Post #59
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blake (here)
    This very same topic came up in my church discussion group last week.
    And many people there, who I have seen a few times a month, over the decades,
    expressed that they felt a sense of isolation and loneliness, even though they were successful professionals and long standing members of the church community. Although, this cannot compare to Autumn’s case or anyone who is a shut in, for these people were ambulatory, had financial means, and had families and at least the church community and yet they still expressed that they felt lonely. No one would guess, they always walked around with a smile on their face acting upbeat. I was surprised at how many expressed it.

Advice is easily given, so much easier than being introspective about an issue, especially one as private and potentially detrimental to one’s health as isolation and loneliness.

But loneliness is a very real condition in modern society, whether one is lonely from the very real lack of energy exchange with a real human being such as shut ins can experience, or the loneliness of still feeling lonely in a family or a crowd. Few are brave enough to bring up this very important social threat to physical and mental health.

I am sure there most be many songs devoted to that aspect of our modern culture but the first one that comes to mind is the Beatles; song about all the lonely people:

"Eleanor Rigby" written by Lennon, John / Mccartney, Paul.
    Ah, look at all the lonely people
    Eleanor Rigby, picks up the rice
    In the church where a wedding has been
    Lives in a dream
    Waits at the window, wearing the face
    That she keeps in a jar by the door
    Who is it for?
    All the lonely people
    Where do they all come from?
    All the lonely people
    Where do they all belong?
    Father McKenzie, writing the words
    of a sermon that no one will hear
    No one comes near
    Look at him working, darning his socks
    In the night when there's nobody there
    What does he care?
    All the lonely people
    All the lonely people
    Eleanor Rigby, died in the church
    And was buried along with her name
    Nobody came
    Father McKenzie, wiping the dirt
    From his hands as he walks from the grave
    No one was saved
    All the lonely people
    (Ah, look at all the lonely people)
    All the lonely people
    (Ah, look at all the lonely people)

When was this song written forty or fifty years ago?
    I have always read that generally people do not seek out friendships
    With the unfornuate. When I was young I thought how cruel, but as the decades rolled by I now think how true.
    Why was there a time, among the therapists, that they loved to use the saying, when you are down and out, “ fake it until you make it”

But being lonely for a weekend, a month ,or a year or two.. as one reboots their life, can not be compared to the loneliness that must be endured by the “ shut- ins decade after decade. Or has society regulated that responsibility to the social workers ,and health care workers who are just doing their jobs and not actually creating meaningful or even social friendships with the most isolated humans in society, often through no fault of their own except for living in this modern culture we all contribute to.

Life is hard on everyone, but for those who are forever sick, forever shut in, well they indeed live by circumstances that most of us could never understand. They truly know what it is like to be alone. Much like when someone is in the process of dying, it’s a very lonely experience.
    I have no answers, except to admit to oneself that you are lonely if indeed you are, and then to strategize on what steps you can start taking today and next week to find resolution to that threatening state to your mental and physical health. And if you are not lonely after much introspection, maybe you can look around your neighborhood and community and see what minutes or hours you have to help break this dreaded menace of loneliness in modern society and make that old saying that humans do not seek friendships out with the unfortunate.
    All just my humble opinion

Sincerely

Mr. Davis
    Thank you for the acknowledgement of the unique problems facing the chronically ill. The one thing that tends to make being alone easier for me, much of the time, is a simple lack of energy. I like to be sheltered away from everything, particularly noise then. Being sick makes most people very sensitive to sound. Certain sounds and frequencies can elicit a falling on the floor crying response from me, when I am particularly ill. It's so weird.

It's only when I am feeling a little better that I experience a desire for human interaction.

I think,too, that some of what I have been calling loneliness, is grief and feelings of abandonment. I don't think they will last too long. I know there are so many people who are having more difficult problems than I am. In a way, having a strong taste of what they are forced to eat, in huge dollops, is a good thing, in aggregate. It's a tough way to learn about it though.

I'm not shut in completely. Usually able to be up and about for about an hour per day!

Thanks again

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Antagenet (4th April 2014), Cara (20th August 2019), Dawn (1st April 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), sunflower (1st April 2014)

37. Link to Post #60
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

One thing that helps me with my extra bad days are my beloved fur balls.!!
    Name:  1007.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  27.6 KBName:  powdy 5 31 13.PNG
Views: 117
Size:  809.8 KB

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Cara (20th August 2019), Dawn (1st April 2014), Pris (22nd October 2014), Sadieblue (16th September 2019), spiritwind (1st April 2014), Wind (1st April 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast