+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Council of Islamic Ideology declares women’s existence anti-Islamic (satire)

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: Council of Islamic Ideology declares women’s existence anti-Islamic (satire)

hmmmm

India and Pakistan are the only places with a big percentage of their population with Leprosy...

could child brides and a disease be related?

maybe we should ask the Council of Islamic Ideology, they're the next best thing to insurance companies at knowing what is an act of God or not...

2. Link to Post #42
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Default Re: Council of Islamic Ideology declares women’s existence anti-Islamic (satire)

When this Council of Islamic Ideology says to Pakistan they want no regulation on child brides, it's as if the Vatican would declare that going to the Church is mandatory for all Italians on Sunday. How would the Italians react ? They would laugh and say 'the Pope is mad'. Well, in my view, that's quite the same thing happening here, so to speak. And of course, the religious aspect is nothing compared to the economic aspect. Should the parents of the married children be rich, they'll never find someone to buy them and have no need to sell them either. The title of this thread is a fallacy. Period.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

panopticon (3rd April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (3rd April 2014)

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Pedobear would love this conversation.

lol sorry but:

p.s. I like Middle Eastern people by the way,
    a gas station guy hit on me once and I almost fell for him @_@
    pretty naughty huh? this big and tall Middle Eastern guy wanted to know where I lived n stuff.... and I was this close --->. to telling him, in fact I DID, but he misunderstood the address. lol

edit: actually i liked him a lot, to the point where things could definitely have happened. not all of the people over there are bad!!

more embarrassing than child marriage possibly is what happened during the 2012 Olympics at the Wisconsin Sikh temple... a neo Nazi named Wade Michael Page shot up a whole bunch of Sikh worshipers for no good reason.

Sikh people are related to Muslims, yet they feed American homeless and demonstrate how brave people act in the face of danger and death.

It's not really fair to put all those different peoples into the category of barbarian or fools, kind of like Dawn didn't like me calling Americans lazy/idiotic as a whole.

it isn't too nice.

however, you guys ought to know, I had no idea that the theme "Gaddafi Duck" had been done already on the Internet at the time of drawing this:

before the poor chap bit the butterknife so to speak @@
    you're pretty good...

5. Link to Post #44
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)

To be able to marry at 16 or 17, there is a process of law.

First, the parents of the underage must open a process of emancipation, in the court of law.

The court will rule if the underage can be or not emancipated, that is if he can be accepted as an adult for the act of marriage only.

He/she - the under age - will not be considered an adult for any other acts, except those necessary for the contract of marriage.
    And how do you explain that:

Sorry Folks, if You are Sharing this Photo of the “mass child marriage” You’ve Been Scammed
    September 14, 2013 3:57 pm ⋅ FentonReport

Just in case anyone is curious about truth, this photo, circulating the Internet agains s NOT a photo of a mass wedding of “child brides” sponsored by Hamas (or anyone else).

The girls are not brides at all, the photo is taken completely out of context and was simply a celebration dinner for young girls and the men are fathers or other relatives, it has nothing to do with child marriage or anything of the sort.

This photo has been circulating since 2008-2009 and was combined with a story about a real mass wedding (which did NOT have any child participants) in order to twist people’s opinions and create division.

Lately the photo has been circulating again, this time accompanied by a story of an 8 year old Yemeni girl dying on her “wedding night” the story has not been verified by ANY mainstream, reputable news source and the accompanying photo is entirely false and purposely misleading.

So the question people should ask is: who would bother with such elaborate and continual false stories and to what end? Clearly the goal is to create division and an “us vs. them” attitude primarily between Westerners and Middle Eastern Arabs and Muslims but also division between other groups. Why?

There are certainly many who benefit from conflict and the current foreign policy of countries like the US. There are many who don’t want people to ask who is fighting and for what reason but to simply assume that its a battle of good versus evil, of decent people versus animals who rape and kill children. If you saw this photo and story and believed it, you are being played.

Do horrible things happen in the Arab world and Muslim countries? Of course, just like anywhere else — when we see these stories, in cases like this, the stories are often entirely false or a combination of half truths and manipulation– in the cases they do turn out to be true, like any cases of murder or domestic violence for any crazy motivation anywhere in the world we need to examine the statistical relevance.

What’s the harm in false stories like this? The division and misconceptions they reinforce lead directly to policies which end up killing innocent people based on false presences.

Don’t be scammed – before commenting on or sharing a story first verify its authenticity then ask what its statistic relevance is.
    Last edited by Atlas; 3rd April 2014 at 02:51.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Flash (3rd April 2014), panopticon (3rd April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (5th April 2014)

7. Link to Post #45
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)

Muslim girls being lead off in chains to meet their new husbands.
    Fake.

Quote Posted by Rawand Ferman

I am an ex-Muslim and as much as I dislike Islam but this is unfortunately very inaccurate what you see in the pic is a theatric reenactment for Ashura, a historic event, which Shiite Muslims commemorate every year !! I know this is not really suitable for kids but still I think Islam commits so many real atrocities so no need to add fake ones to prove a point lool !!

[...] it is perfectly understandable to expect a pic like this to be true but still things like this should be background-checked first as to not give actual Muslims ammunition where they can cry out propaganda and false info bla bla like I said I'm an ex-Muslim myself so that's my only concern here lool !! [...] this particular pic right here does not depict that which is stated in the description [...] countering lies with more lies will get you nowhere and facing hatred with hatred is not really the way to go ...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Flash (3rd April 2014), panopticon (3rd April 2014), psydney (4th April 2014)

9. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

Outrageous is an understatement!
    "A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

Atlas (3rd April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (5th April 2014)

11. Link to Post #47
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Referee (here)
    Outrageous is an understatement!
    aka psychological warfare.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

PurpleLama (3rd April 2014)

13. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Council of Islamic Ideology declares women’s existence anti-Islamic
    Columns CommentMARCH 15, 2014 BY KHABARISTAN TODAY
    Islamabad - Sharia Correspondent:

IRAQUE WOMEN PROTESTING THE LAW

The Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) concluded their 192nd meeting on Thursday with the ruling that women are un-Islamic and that their mere existence contradicted Sharia and the will of Allah.

As the meeting concluded CII Chairman Maulana Muhammad Khan Shirani noted that women by existing defied the laws of nature, and to protect Islam and the Sharia women should be forced to stop existing as soon as possible.

The announcement comes a couple of days after CII’s 191st meeting where they dubbed laws related to minimum marriage age to be un-Islamic.

After declaring women to be un-Islamic, Shirani explained that there were actually two kinds of women – haraam and makrooh. “We can divide all women in the world into two distinct categories: those who are haraam and those who are makrooh. Now the difference between haraam and makrooh is that the former is categorically forbidden while the latter is really really disliked,” Shirani said.

------------------------------------

]

Even though they claimed name of "Council of Islamic Ideology"
    Do not be fooled by the name.
    They do not represent Islamic(Qur'an) doctrines. They are just another Zionist influenced clan, like Muslim brotherhood, Fethullah movement.

Their only agenda is Power and their enlighten path with money and fear.
    Check their blood line with surname.

http://weeklypulse.org/details.aspx?...10&storylist=6

And Canadian side of Zionist applause them. .

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/photo-gallery/pr...hness-aga-khan
    Last edited by Tangri; 3rd April 2014 at 06:58.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Gerald Paris (3rd April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (5th April 2014)

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,108 times in 1,389 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    On the scale of consciousness, with a rock being zero and Jesus or Buddha being 1,000, the general population of the Middle East is around 40 to 70. A kimodo dragon is around 40 also. And we try and negotiate and bargain with these "people"?
    Your comment should not even been made Conk. This has nothing to do with the people as such. This has to do with a bunch of psychopath taking the power and doing what they want. In those countries, the power is first of all religious. In USA it is political except for some states where it is religious as well (i could not resist lol, my comment is as out place as yours).

By the way, did you know that most people in numerous countries nowadays think exactly the same as what you wrote, but for Americans. How does it make you feel? Does it leads to any solutions?
    Flash, your comment is born of ignorance. My assertion was proven by MILLIONS of experiments over a period of 30 years by the unmistakable champion of consciousness, Dr. David Hawkins.

Edit: Sorry, I should not have used the word ignorance. It just sounds like an insult. Of course I meant 'not aware'.
    This is not a particular religious problem. It is a pathological personality disorder.

How Churches are Harming Human Trafficking Victims

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ho...ictims-112802/

Child Sex-Trafficking From UK On The Rise, Says National Crimes Agency
    The number of UK-born children identified as being trafficked for sexual abuse more than doubled last year.

Data released by the National Crime Agency showed that 56 minors who are from the UK were flagged up as potential victims of trafficking for sexual exploitation in 2013, a rise of 155% on the previous year.
    Nearly two thirds of those referred were female (1,122) and around a quarter (450) were children.

In total the number of cases involving Britons or the UK as country of origin rose 173% to 90; of those, 63 were children.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014...n_4806496.html

Sexual Abuse in the Amish Community

The Amish community is a mysterious world within modern America, a place frozen in another time. The Amish live without automobiles or electricity. Education ends at the eighth grade and life largely centers on farming, family and faith.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=316371

COLUMBUS A county children's service agency and its workers aren't entitled to immunity sometimes granted public employees or entities, a federal judge ruled in allowing an Ohio Amish couple's lawsuit to continue over the rape of their adopted baby by her biological parents during a partially supervised visit.

Read more: http://www.timesreporter.com/article...#ixzz2xntxyHXJ

Daphne Bramham: Canada’s notorious polygamist leader admits under oath to marrying child brides

Isn’t it finally time prosecutors did something about it?

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...#ixzz2xnpgsAqT
    Last edited by Tangri; 3rd April 2014 at 07:07.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

Flash (3rd April 2014), panopticon (3rd April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (5th April 2014)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by buares (here)

Muslim girls being lead off in chains to meet their new husbands.
    Fake.

Quote Posted by Rawand Ferman

I am an ex-Muslim and as much as I dislike Islam but this is unfortunately very inaccurate what you see in the pic is a theatric reenactment for Ashura, a historic event, which Shiite Muslims commemorate every year !! I know this is not really suitable for kids but still I think Islam commits so many real atrocities so no need to add fake ones to prove a point lool !!

[...] it is perfectly understandable to expect a pic like this to be true but still things like this should be background-checked first as to not give actual Muslims ammunition where they can cry out propaganda and false info bla bla like I said I'm an ex-Muslim myself so that's my only concern here lool !! [...] this particular pic right here does not depict that which is stated in the description [...] countering lies with more lies will get you nowhere and facing hatred with hatred is not really the way to go ...
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Sir,

very few know who I am, or why I judge Islam so harshly, but I expect more.

the bible had a message for the church of Saudis, which are Muslims...

written hundreds of years before Mohammad met God...

women, were meant to be put on a pedestal, not used for door mats...

my bro, was King of the heart of the middle east, I think the 12 Shias have waited so long for, he was prophesied to bring the King to Islam, and he did...

it is not only time for middle east peace, but to bring together the lands as states to create a nation that protects the rights of all. no matter color, religion, or preference on mates, it isn't for us to judge, this is God's world, we're along for the ride.

you are all my brothers and sisters, I started fighting to protect children, and God noticed, asking me to deliver a message for Islam...

have any of you wondered why God gave us 3 different Holy days?

it's so we all have time to have services at the dome...

no restrictions, the Dome stands for peace between all men and women.

I have seen many changes since I delivered the first few messages to Islam, I am proud, and the spirit of God is in me, so He is also

like me or not, I have the ears that can listen, and a being willing to share messages with the world.

I bow to you all, not worthy of what I share, but afraid of what might happen if I don't.

I've seen the fist of God kill a million, but saw his kindness save a billion...

life is so precious to me, I've fought for kids, I want all of you to help me protect all of them

when 2.5 million babies in Africa suddenly had aids, it was found a rumor spread, sex with a baby, cured aids...

we need to brush aside the lies, in our hearts we know the answer without guidance.

18. Link to Post #51
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

First off, the OP was not a satirical piece (edit: after further research the article quoted in the OP is a satire. Everything else in this post is correct).

From what I understand the Council of Islamic Ideology (aka CII -- website here) is a constitutionally formed group that advises the Government of Pakistan on what it views as important aspects of Islamic Law as it pertains to Government legislation.

The Pakistan Today appears to be a real paper and there are ample other examples of this story from around the same period (edit: though, as stated above, this article is taken from a satirical column of the Pakistan Today).

There has also been a backlash against various comments to come out of the CII over the last year. The below article is about the Sindh Assembly (a provincial Pakistan government) that is calling for the dissolution of the CII.

Not everybody living in the Middle East is the "consciousness" equivalent of a 'kimodo dragon'. Nor is every Muslim a fundamentalist.

Sometimes things that seem obvious to me just need to be said.

Next, I don't understand how some groups of Muslims can be so anti-women.

Muhammad had no money and limited prospects until he caught the eye of an older woman. He was 25 and she was a 45 year old widow who was also a wealthy business owner. She took him in, bore his children and paid his way. Her name was Khadija bint Khuwaylid and (after Muhammad of course) she was the first Muslim. She defended & looked after him until her death (aged ~65) and then their daughter, Fatima, took over looking after Muhammad until his, well whatever, and then she died a couple months later. As far as I understand it this is straight Islamic doctrine. This ain't fringe stuff which is contestable... Yeah, there's a bit more to it, but surprising not that much more really.

If anyone knows more on why or how some Muslims can justify being so anti-women then please clear it up because it's a bit confusing (no evangelising please).

Anyway, here's the article on the Sindh Assembly I mentioned above.

###

Sindh Assembly calls for dissolution of CII
    By Hafeez Tunio. March 31, 2014

Instead of solving issues, CII is creating divisions and more confusion in the minds of people, states the resolution. PHOTO: PPI

KARACHI: Irrespective of their political differences, the lawmakers of Sindh have not only criticised the Council of Islamic Ideology (CII), but have also tabled a resolution calling for the dissolution of the council entirely.

The assembly showed strong reservations about the recent recommendations of the CII that, they believe, reveal a complete indifference and insensitivity towards women.

“No minimum age for marriage, recommendations against DNA testing for rape cases and no requirement of the wife’s consent for a second marriage are recommendations by the council’s head that are regressive and anti-women,” states the resolution, which was moved by Mahtab Akbar Rashdi, an MPA from the Pakistan Muslim League — Functional (PML-F).

The resolution also states, “It looks like instead of solving the issues, the CII is creating divisions and more confusion in the minds of people.”

The resolution recommends that the council should be done away with since it is unable to perform a positive role.

In her speech, Rashdi said, “If 18 years is the mandatory age for ID cards and driving licenses then why can’t the same age limit be fixed for marriage? Our society cannot tolerate child marriages in this modern world.”

Syed Sardar Ahmed of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) said that the council, which was established under Article 228 of the constitution, cannot impose its decision.

“The government should appoint those members of the council who have proper knowledge of religion and traditions,” he said.
    Irfanullah Marwat of the Pakistan Muslim League — Nawaz (PML-N) also stated that the CII should be done away with entirely.

During the Sindh Assembly session, the issue of rape cases in Karachi and other districts was also raised by assembly members who demanded that to make DNA testing mandatory and usable as evidence in rape cases.

“We will not defer to CII’s recommendations and we want to making DNA testing mandatory,” said Dr Sikandar Mandhro, the minister for parliamentary affairs.

Source
    Last edited by panopticon; 4th April 2014 at 15:58. Reason: Edit added to correct error
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Atlas (3rd April 2014), Flash (3rd April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (3rd April 2014)

20. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

On the scale of consciousness, with a rock being zero and Jesus or Buddha being 1,000, the general population of the Middle East is around 40 to 70. A kimodo dragon is around 40 also. And we try and negotiate and bargain with these "people"?
    Your comment should not even been made Conk. This has nothing to do with the people as such. This has to do with a bunch of psychopath taking the power and doing what they want. In those countries, the power is first of all religious. In USA it is political except for some states where it is religious as well (i could not resist lol, my comment is as out place as yours).

By the way, did you know that most people in numerous countries nowadays think exactly the same as what you wrote, but for Americans. How does it make you feel? Does it leads to any solutions?
    Flash, your comment is born of ignorance. My assertion was proven by MILLIONS of experiments over a period of 30 years by the unmistakable champion of consciousness, Dr. David Hawkins.

Edit: Sorry, I should not have used the word ignorance. It just sounds like an insult. Of course I meant 'not aware'.
    I lived for years in the Middle East Conk, my comments are based on thorough knowledge. However, my ignorance if any may come from the fact that those ridiculous religious norms may come from a satire.

I repeat: this is not the average people but the psychopaths who leads and impose such ideas.

And let me tell you that if you think your comments were based on spiritual awareness (Hawkins), boy you have some more trails to walk on before understanding what Hawkins was saying, he is truly misinterpreted. I cannot believe he did not mention empathy in the spiritual development path somewhere!!.

It is time to learn to treat humans as more than komodo dragons or any other animal, this way of thinking leads nowhere except to war and hatred.

edited: i do not like the way women are considered in most parts of the world, with an emphasis on the Muslim and Asian world were women count for often about nothing, however I won't generalise either having sat for example with the wonderful mathematic teacher my daughter had yesterday as a tutor, who is an Arab men and many other encounters of such quality. And I would certainly not put them at the animal spiritual levels.
    I can admit being guilty of an improper generalization. I agree totally about the radical element. Not much disagreement between us.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

21. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Flash (3rd April 2014)

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

We all know the council is in trouble, but the satirical part of the story is the statement women don't have a right to exist, so please remove yourselves...

it is important to know the press has enough freedom to publish something so outrageous it gets people talking and thinking, even the cave men...

23. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

We all know the council is in trouble, but the satirical part of the story is the statement women don't have a right to exist, so please remove yourselves...

it is important to know the press has enough freedom to publish something so outrageous it gets people talking and thinking, even the cave men...
    Until yesterday I didn't know the Council existed, let alone that it was "in trouble".

There is a danger in making outrageous claims though. Yes, they can get people thinking/talking but equally they can push legitimate problems and claims to the fringe to be ignored by the vast majority of people who might have been interested. Notice I said "might have been interested". My reason is that lots of people are busy just trying to survive day to day and don't have the time to engage with an array of material and information (especially if it's from a culture foreign to their own). This leaves material, that to some would appear outrageous, reinforcing the differences between cultures as a barrier to understanding (ie Othering) as opposed to engaging diverse groups in discussion.

Cavepan eat food now.

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Atlas (4th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (4th April 2014)

25. Link to Post #55
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

This kind of propaganda is Incitement to ethnic or racial hatred. Did you read the comments that follow the photo posted by OP ? Pure Islamophobia. Here are some examples:

Quote Posted by Graham W. Swift
    Perhaps a mega-ton H-bomb over Mecca would partly solve the problem ?
    Quote Posted by Georgina Bird
    My husbands sentiments exactly...get shot of the majority and we can then work on the minority
    Quote Posted by Keith C. Parsels
    But wait until their there for the pilgrimage. more bang for the buck.
    Quote Posted by Terry Steele
    Just nuke the fuking lot of em

Edit: FYI, the photo was posted in 2013 by the Iraqi Women's League :

http://www.iraqiwomensleague.com/new...l#.Uz6dnfmSySo

Iraqi women confirm the photo is a "ritual Alttber" and has nothing to do with child brides.

------------------------------------

Now, how stupid is that:

Hey look, Christians are crucifying their own kids, they are pure evil, Christian children should have the right not to be crucified. We must nuke the Vatican and the all lot of them...

Last edited by Atlas; 4th April 2014 at 12:22.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

panopticon (4th April 2014), PurpleLama (4th April 2014)

27. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

I was wrong. I made a mistake and the Pakistan Today article is a satire. It is based on a number of pronouncements that the CII have made over the last year which have been anti-women in nature. However, to the best of my knowledge, at no stage have the CII ever said that women are 'a perpetual enemy of Islam'. This and other elements of the Pakistan Today article are satire.

The article is written in a column called 'Khabaristan Today' (sometimes author of column feed here). In the article the author quotes the 'Khabaristan Times' which would appear to be a "nod and a wink" to a local reader of their copy. The remainder of my response (above) to the OP is accurate and pertains to the present situation in Pakistan as well as the CII and Sindh Assembly.

I still have no idea how some members of a religion that was financed and supported by women in its beginnings can now be so anti-women. I know it's only certain groups but still it makes very little sense to me.

Anyway, I hate getting it wrong and just wanted to point out that I did. Apologies.

-- Pan

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Atlas (4th April 2014), PurpleLama (4th April 2014)

29. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

In that case Pan, please change your post 51, correct it, where you say it is not a satire. We come upon it and think the research is thorough (because it does look like it) and that it is definitely not a satire. It pushes us on the wrong mind track. Thanks

Quote Posted by panopticon (here)
    I was wrong. I made a mistake and the Pakistan Today article is a satire. It is based on a number of pronouncements that the CII have made over the last year which have been anti-women in nature. However, to the best of my knowledge, at no stage have the CII ever said that women are 'a perpetual enemy of Islam'. This and other elements of the Pakistan Today article are satire.

The article is written in a column called 'Khabaristan Today' (sometimes author of column feed here). In the article the author quotes the 'Khabaristan Times' which would appear to be a "nod and a wink" to a local reader of their copy. The remainder of my response (above) to the OP is accurate and pertains to the present situation in Pakistan as well as the CII and Sindh Assembly.

I still have no idea how some members of a religion that was financed and supported by women in its beginnings can now be so anti-women. I know it's only certain groups but still it makes very little sense to me.

Anyway, I hate getting it wrong and just wanted to point out that I did. Apologies.

-- Pan

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

panopticon (4th April 2014)

31. Link to Post #58
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

So what is this thread really about? Child abuse in Islam, Women's validity in Islam or what? I am lost now. I call for moderator's attention to this matter please.

32. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

In that case Pan, please change your post 51, correct it, where you say it is not a satire. We come upon it and think the research is thorough (because it does look like it) and that it is definitely not a satire. It pushes us on the wrong mind track. Thanks
    All done.

What happened was I had been researching the newly introduced Saudi Arabian Anti-Terrorism laws which outlaw almost everything and then came across the OP. A review and check of the paper indicated it to be valid and then I started reading reactions elsewhere to various CII declarations and ended up with the very real article 'Sindh Assembly calls for dissolution of CII'. I was a bit wary of the original articles content (though wasn't sure if a language problem was involved) which was why I went back and investigated the original articles author etc. That is what I should have done in the beginning but my introduction to the article & CII happened within the context of the extreme Saudi legislation which is so ambiguous that it removes every right to protest or even question anything the Government does is a terrorist act. It is an act of terrorism to question Islamic belief. It is not even clear if it makes discussion of certain subjects an offence or if a Saudi citizen were to access Avalon (for example) they would not be classified as a terrorist. (BTW I haven't been able to find an English translation of the complete legislation as of yet, it is the Saudi 'Penal Law for Crimes of Terrorism and its Financing' if anyone finds one).

So within that context reading the allegations made against the CII in the quoted article (and knowing some of the recent history in Pakistan, though not the body responsible [ie the CII]) it all seemed quite realistic at just after midnight.

Again, apologies.

-- Pan

33. Link to Post #60
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

When the marriageable age under a law of a religious community is lower than that under the law of the land, the state law prevails

34. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Atlas (5th April 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast