+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two Dutch women are missing in Panama

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks

Exclamation Two Dutch women are missing in Panama

Two Dutch women are missing in Panama

A friend of mine has sent me this, and I want to help people if possible.
    So I got the idea to post it here on this forum because if you know that everything is possible in this reality, you never know exactly what the possibilities are.. Specially on this forum..
    With it, then!

Two Dutch women aged 21 and 22 years are missing in Panama . Since 1 April The students were last seen at the school where they were following language lesson. Family and friends of the women are seriously concerned .

The 22 year old Lisanne Froon from Amersfoort and the 21 year old Kris Kremers from Utrecht where in Panama to learn Spanish and stay with a local family. Since April 1, the families of the two did not hear anything from them. That day, both women had planned to walk to a volcano near Boquete with a guide. Kris and Lisanne had to be there but never showed. The guide decided to go to the house of the students, but did not find them there to. According to the home owner, there belongings and money was found in their room .

reward:

The two know each other from their work as a waitress at a cafe in Amersfoort. According to a friend of Lisanne the trip was a reward for getting her diploma.

search:

According to Foreign Affairs, the Panamanian authorities has started a large-scale search. Also, the dutch ambassador Wiebe de Boer are taken the case very seriously. The families of the women have set up a Facebook page to ask for attention.

Indians are helping to search for missing the friends:

The help of the local Indian tribes are on and they are now looking for the Dutch girlfriends, who have been missing since Tuesday in the national park around the Baru volcano.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ba...f41f2d1de5ec6b

Some thirty men with sniffer dogs and horses was searching into the woods surrounding the town of Volcan Baru in Boquete in the west of the Central American country.

The wife of one of the members from the search team, who speaks the language of the Indians, visited the Indians who lives on the flanks of the volcano to question about the Dutch girls.

Whatsapp - messages:

Lisanne Froon and Kris Kremers left Tuesday for a walk, probably towards the volcano, but at the evening they didn't return to the family in Boquete where they stayed. " They sent every day whatsapp messages, but after Monday held that suddenly , " says Hans Kremers, the father of Kris.

"Enough food and water''

There had been already a team on the road in the vicinity of the town and around the base of the volcano, then a crew pulled up the mountain. A spokesman for the local police says they are used all possible resources and people to find the two.
    The police spokesman has high hopes that the two are still alive and well. "We do not believe that something intentionally bad is done to them. They can certainly be lost, but there is enough water and food in the area to keep them alive for several days.
    He also considers that chances are that one of the Indian tribes who live on or near the volcano, are taken care of them.

So far, for the police is this not yet an crime alarm.
    In this area is little crime and there has never been a case of kidnapping or violence against tourists in the past. According to Hans Kremers, his daughter and girlfriend are not the types who run into trouble. They never just go along with a stranger and if they change their plans, they always report that.

Spanish:

Lisanne Froon and Kris Kreemers grew up together in Amersfoort. Lisanne are studying in Deventer and Kris had just completed her studies at the University of Utrecht. They went to Panama together for Spanish study. Next week they would begin four weeks of volunteer work at a daycare for children.

According to the local guides, if you go towards the volcano you could easily get lost..

Do you have information , you may contact the Missing Persons Netherlands - Telephone +31 ( 0 ) 64-6625716 E-mail missingpersons@live.nl

Any way I hope the girls are found in one piece. What a terrible uncertainty for the family. Strength and positive vibration for them all!

PS, not so long ago i was watching this documentary, STRANGE DISAPPEARANCES IN NATIONAL PARKS From the autor of the book "Missing 411" David Paulides

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chrononaut For This Post:

Atlas (5th April 2014), Dawn (5th April 2014), Eram (5th April 2014), Nasu (9th April 2014), Operator (5th April 2014), seko (5th April 2014), selinam (5th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,673 times in 1,986 posts

Default Re: Two Dutch women are missing in Panama

I was there in the summer of 2013 ... great country and beautiful rainforest !!

See my post here

But it can be dangerous too ... I had some 'exciting' moments when our raft flipped while white water rafting.
    While a day before my daughters and I almost got lost in a steep mountainous rainforest just before sunset.
    Trick is not to panic and stay calm ... I can imagine that without experience a relaxing moment can turn into
    a life threatening one in a split second if you don't stay cool ...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Atlas (5th April 2014), Chrononaut (5th April 2014), seko (5th April 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,233 times in 3,216 posts

A Facebook page has been created: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lisan...88075314805262

Después de no haber regresado de su excursion el 1 de abril de 2014, Lisanne Froon y Kris Kremer, están perdidas en el área de Boquete, Panama. En este momento no podemos contactarlas y nadie sabe de su paradero. Si usted sabe algo sobre su estadía o si usted ha visto a Lisanne y/o Kris últimamente, por favor avísenos. Aún el menor de los detalles nos servirá para encontrarlas. Por favor, publique sus comentarios en esta página de Facebook (o www.lisannekris.com) o envia un correo electrónico a info@lisannekris.com. Muchas gracias por su ayuda. Martijn Froon, hermano de Lisanne.

----------------------

How minor the details may seem everything can help us. Please post your feedback on this Facebook page or send us an email on info@lisannekris.com. Thank you very much. Martijn Froon, brother of Lisanne.
    Last edited by Atlas; 5th April 2014 at 18:45.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (5th April 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ingrid Lommers

"So I think I should write down what really happened and happening since in Holland in the media I read that they went up Volcán Barú what is really not true since they booked that tour with us for Saturday; they were going to go with a guide on Saturday and they were also specifically told not to do Baru alone as well as that it was already 13:00 pm.

So we gave them options, they looked on Internet (last searches all about EL PIANISTA TRAIL) and on a map (pointed out EL PIANISTA TRAIL) so we suspect they went to that trail, but they still could have go hiking somewhere else or maybe they didnt go hiking anywhere.

The thing is we don't know. It is extremely worriesome. The local authorities are doing lots of searches on all trails; today also with an helicopter. Also volunteers have been going around everywhere. There are also lots of flyers everywhere. Tomorrow we are going with more people searching."
    Related video: El Pianista Trail near Boquete, Panamá:

Quote Posted by Mirethy Sitton De Houtman
    Talking to a friend in Boquete who has walked El Pianista trail, mentioned that it is very easy to get confused on the way back and start walking towards Bocas del Toro instead of back to Boquete. We keep praying for them and hoping they find them soon.
    Remote viewers, seems like we got work for you.
    Last edited by Atlas; 5th April 2014 at 20:17.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (5th April 2014), Nasu (9th April 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Posted by Boquete Equestrian Centre:

"Lisanne was wearing white sleeveless shirt and shorts and Kris was wearing black pants, they couldn't remember what colour of shirt she was wearing, or if it was long or short sleeve, but one person said dark navy as a possibility for shirt. Both had dark (black?) backpacks, lightweight, indicating they had not packed for a serious hike.

Both are reported to have been extremely well focused, serious and on a mission with their hikes and volunteer work. These are not party girls, nor are they flitty. They are not ones who would change their minds, or not show up for their scheduled tours the following day. They are reliable, punctual, responsible and serious. Both did their homework on hiking trails, making sure they had covered every possible angle; weather, dangers of terrain, what to wear, sites near by, etc.

I saw the history on their computer and they researched thoroughly Pianista as one possible hiking venue- location, transportation, restaurant and trail. These girls are intelligent, methodical, plan well ahead, pay attention to detail and think things well through in advance.

They had maps and sat imagery and were familiarising themselves with Baru, planning to climb it Sat/Sun. Both girls are fit and enjoy hiking. They were hot and sweating and red from walking, so all things point to them not being acclimatised to altitude, no matter how fit they are. We're praying that they are found and will leave no stone unturned tomorrow, in the LKL zone. God is with them."
    Last edited by Atlas; 5th April 2014 at 20:19.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (5th April 2014), Nasu (9th April 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ingrid Lommers, 5 hours ago

This is the thing: the last moment they were seen is here around 13:00 at the school. After that we don't know anything. Today I am going around the neighborhood here with pictures talking to anybody to see if somebody actually have seen them getting in the direction to Boquete. From the school you can go to Palmira, Boquete or David. We can't keep looking on the trails. We need to know more about what exactly has happened after 13:00 here.
    Quote Posted by Ingrid Lommers, 4 hours ago

Talked to SINAPROC again a few minutes ago: http://www.sinaproc.gob.pa/

So the Director Ubaldo Contreros putSubDirector Francisco SantaMaria in charge of "Operativo de Búsqueda de las Holandesas Perdidas". Today they are going to check out more possible trails that they could have taken by mistake if they have been on the PIANISTA TRAIL. He says: Ceibo (north of Boquete) and everything towards Bocas del Toro, el sendero la Playita, and north of a certain farm.. This is what he just told me.

Meanwhile we here at the school make a new flyer for the neighborhood (finding out if anybody here has seen them after 13:00 and in what direction) and talk to everybody that we see in the streets here/ at 9:00 we can find out if the Scotia Bank has something on their Security Camara System / at 9:00 we will know more about the possibility to have a broadcasting on the Indian Radio "Faro de David".
    https://www.facebook.com/ingrid.lommers
    Last edited by Atlas; 5th April 2014 at 20:21.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (6th April 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lux

According to a friend of the girls, they had a 2pm appointment at the Pianista trail head, but they never showed up. Is this common knowledge? Do we have any actual evidence they went hiking anywhere at all?
    Quote Posted by Lori Cloutier Niscoromni

Went to Baja Mono this am and handed out fliers to native people, bus drivers this am, also Boquete. Noone has seen them. On our way home my friend Maru Martinez said she talked to them on Tuesday around 1pm as they asked her for a ride this was near Palo Alto, Indian Village before Villa Marita. Did they go hiking after this? Is there hiking near Palo Alto?
    Quote Posted by Alan Nilsen

On Monday March 31st, late morning, I passed 3 girls, alone, of about this age hiking on the Jaramillo road on the El Oasis side. They were just above where the road narrows to one lane. I only remember that there was a tall one wearing glasses and one was carrying a metal water bottle. All three were wearing shorts. They had a Germanic appearance. At least one had a small backpack.
    Quote Posted by Jere M.

Heard on Radio Chiriqui 107.1 FM this morning the, two young women, are being searched for on the Volcan Baru. When hikers want to hike the Volcan Baru, they have to register at the ranger station. They have a search party looking for them in that area.
    If clouds roll in as one reaches the top, a person could become disoriented, going off-course. Boquete's side is straight forward, but the other side of the Volcan Baru is not there are many trails. Let's hope they are found safe and sound.
    ---------------------------

Related article: How Three Hikers Became Separated (El Pianista)
    by Mike, aka Earthdrifter April 8, 2011
    Last edited by Atlas; 5th April 2014 at 20:59.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

amor (6th April 2014), Chrononaut (6th April 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Posted by Ingrid Lommers, 6 hours ago:

"Yes we went to the meeting and police, sinaproc, representations of embassies, etc talked about the conclusions they can draw and basically from what i heard, they think that all the tips that they verified lead to the idea that they DID go on the pianista trail.

(The only thing is they they maybe didn't listen too much to Pedro from Casa Pedro who had the strong impression that after the small hike that they did (only 30 min in total but on a steep hike and Lisanne had a cold) on the trail next to his house, they were so tired that they wanted to go back to Boquete). They sat down on the floor on the side of his house saying that they did not want to go to El Pianista anymore but rather, to town. They sat there for a while and he did not see how they left and in what direction. It must have been about 15:00 at least.

So we are not sure if it was them but it was definitely (two girls, very young, one taller than the other one, with a black backpack, speaking English, but not native English, came there with a taxi first of all asking for the pianista trail (logic since in the front of the house is a sign that talks about the trail next to Casa Pedro and also having an arrow pointing that you have to continue the main road to get to the Pianista trail) .. Pedro/Peter explained that they would have to go further to the Pianista trail but .. that there is this trail next to his house as well.. Since we know that they most probably left the house with the intention to go to the Pianista trail (because of what we tell students on the welcome talk, the information at the school and the fact that they searched on the computer for even more information about the Pianista Trail, even the exact location of the Restaurant).. .... anyways.. I am not a detective and I know that you should leave all other possibilities open but it sounds that they were Lisanne and Kris.. what we still don't know if it where them and neither, if, after this first decision to go back to Boquete, they changed their mind and STILL decided to go to the El Pianista Trail.. it is so not logic...that they went up that trail so late.. the tips on the Pianista Trail are from people saying that they saw two girls very late (at 3 or later)...

Anyways.. I heard that tomorrow they are continuing looking on the El Pianista trail. There are also initiatives from volunteers tomorrow to go check out profoundly the Pianista Trail and everything around the trails. I am going to meet the Sinaproc Director right now and will post more info."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (6th April 2014), Nasu (9th April 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The press in Holland says that a person that thinks he has seen Lisanne and Kris tuesday afternoon says that Lisanne and Kris were doubting if they could go on the trail or not. The real story is that this person lives next to another trail and he said that that was also a nice trail, that they didnt need to go to the El Pianista Trail. So they actually went on that trail and were back after 30 minutes saying that they were very tired and were going back to Boquete. They sat on the side of the road to go back to Boquete, not on the side of the road which would lead to El Pianista. They sat for a long time on the road waiting for a bus or a taxi. They have not seen what they finally did.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (14th April 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Lunes, 07 de abril de 2014
    Búsqueda en Chiriqí - Holandesas extraviadas

Por instrucción del Presidente de la República Ricardo Martinelli Berrocal miembros del grupo Delta del Sistema Nacional de Protección Civil realizan la búsqueda de dos jóvenes de nacionalidad holandesa extraviadas desde el miércoles 2 de abril en Boquete, provincia de Chiriquí.

El Director General del Sinaproc Arturo Alvarado De Icaza se trasladó a la zona para coordinar personalmente la búsqueda de Lisanne Froon y Kris Kreme, quienes cuentan con de 22 y 21 años de edad respectivamente. Ellas fueron reportadas como desaparecidas por sus familiares.

Dos helicópteros y un centenar de personas a pie han recorrido desde Boquete hasta Bocas del Toro, pasando por más de 14 senderos ecoturísticos, descartando en base a las exigencias de protocolos internacionales en materia de búsqueda y rescate.

Cada día de búsqueda inicia a las 5:30 AM y solo se suspende con mal tiempo climático. Por el momento los rescatistas han descartado pendientes de más de 500 pies de altura, con uso de rapel o técnica de descenso por cuerda.

Alvarado De Icaza señaló que ellas no programaron una larga travesía ya que dejaron artículos de higiene personal en sus habitaciones y que la Policía Nacional también lleva una investigación paralela a la búsqueda del Sinaproc.

Toda ayuda que la ciudadanía pueda brindar puede hacerla llegar al Sinaproc a los números de teléfono 774-7325, 775-7006 y a la línea de EMERGENCIA *335.

Google translate:

On the instructions of President Ricardo Martinelli Berrocal Delta group members of the National Civil Protection System made finding two young Dutch nationals missing since Wednesday April 2 in Boquete, Chiriqui.

Director Gener al Arturo Alvarado De Icaza SINAPROC moved to the area to coordinate search Lisanne personally Froon Kreme and Kris, who have 22 and 21 years respectively. They were reported missing by their families.

Two helicopters and hundreds of people on foot have come from Boquete to Bocas del Toro, to more than 14 ecotours, rather based on the requirements of international protocols on search and rescue.

Each day search starts at 5:30 am and is suspended only in bad weather climate. By the time rescuers were discarded slopes over 500 feet tall, with use of rappelling or rope descent technique.

Alvarado De Icaza noted that they did not schedule a long journey since toiletries left in their rooms and that the National Police also leads to a parallel search SINAPROC research.

Any help you can provide citizens can do to get to SINAPROC telephone numbers 774-7325, 775-7006 and online EMERGENCY * 335.

http://www.sinaproc.gob.pa/nota-numero-1025.html
    Last edited by Atlas; 8th April 2014 at 07:56.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

seko (1st May 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

STOP THE CRIME - BOQUETE PANAMA

Search for two missing Dutch Tourists becomes a criminal investigation
    2014/04/07 BY LEE ZELTZER

This morning Lee Zeltzer had a word with one of the volunteers searching for the two missing Dutch women in Boquete. Phil advised me that the search had moved out from Il Pianista back to town. He said the owner of Il Pianista, Giovani, had spoken to the women on April 1 and told them where to catch a bus back to Boquete. This along with other rumors drove me to drive to Il Pianista.

(Il Pianista at the road to the trail)

Giovani was not at the restaurant but his wife Doris was. This is what she said.

Giovani saw the women on 1 April near Don Pedro hitching toward Il Pianista. An employee at Il Pianista saw them start-up the trail between 3:00 and 3:30PM. Blue their dog, who often follows hikers went with them.

No one can remember seeing them return. Blue did return and Doris believes because of the hour they could not have gone far. She and Gionvani believe that they did return or the dog would have stayed with them.

All of this information has been provided directly by them to the DIJ investigators and Sinproc.

There is no current search at Il Pianista. Although I have been told that Sinproc is searching in another area. Based upon the days of searching where they were last seen and finding nothing this search is now becoming a criminal investigation.

Perhaps the offer of $2,500 for information leading to their discovery will bring some information.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (14th April 2014), seko (1st May 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Martinelli Says Panama Is Doing Everything It Can To Find Missing Dutch Women

Monday, April 07 2014
    by: Don Winner

During a press conference on Sunday, President Ricardo Martinelli thanked the Dutch embassy “for the confidence” during the search party, De Telegraaf reports.

According to sources, the travelers had difficulty choosing between two walking routes, one of which is El Pianista Trail.

Ingrid Lommers, director of a language school the women visited, says that they turned back to Boquete after 30 minutes, exhausted.

Thick clouds are hampering the search party now, a rescue service member tells. Rescuers are also battling with the Panama landscape, needing ropes to travel downwards, sometimes 500 meters.

According to the Dutch ambassador, Wiebe de Boer, cooperation between Panama’s authorities and the Netherlands is “very good.”

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (14th April 2014), Nasu (9th April 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    I was there in the summer of 2013 ... great country and beautiful rainforest !!

See my post here

But it can be dangerous too ... I had some 'exciting' moments when our raft flipped while white water rafting.
    While a day before my daughters and I almost got lost in a steep mountainous rainforest just before sunset.
    Trick is not to panic and stay calm ... I can imagine that without experience a relaxing moment can turn into
    a life threatening one in a split second if you don't stay cool ...
    I didn't really follow this news but saw yesterday on Dutch news they were still missing. It also came closer
    because I now learned in detail that they actually stayed in Boquete and followed a trail we walked too.

If they are still out there they're probably not just simply lost in the jungle ... I know that this trail has very
    steep slippery muddy slopes. You have to pull yourself up at several places but you need to pay attention
    where to place your hands because some trees have sticky painful needles and there are also less harmless
    creatures like full sized scorpions and venomous coral snakes.

You don't want to get hurt out there ... bad cell phone coverage and many hours/miles to get out.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Atlas (8th April 2014), Chrononaut (14th April 2014), Nasu (9th April 2014), seko (1st May 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Here we were in Bocas... with the girls participating in the cooking class...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (14th April 2014), Operator (11th April 2014)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

The latest news in a Dutch newspaper indicated this week that they might not be lost on a hiking trail after all.
    They were seen with 2 boys having dinner. So what to make of that?

Boquete is a small village/community. Most people I met there were very open and friendly.
    Hard to imagine that something could happen there without someone knowing something.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Atlas (11th April 2014), Chrononaut (14th April 2014)

31. Link to Post #16
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Google translation:

"They had no plans even to go to Baru volcano, or to another place far from here," said Miriam Guerra, the owner of the accommodation in the tourist town of Boquete, Chiriqui, where Lisanne Kremers and Kris Froon arrived on March 29 .

In the room of the young are "all things except a backpack," Guerra, who welcomes young foreigners since six years at her home in Boquete, a town nestled in a mountainous area marked by drizzle and temperatures under 20 degrees Celsius, which contrasts with the warmth that characterizes the rest of the country.

"I do not know what they had put in that bag" on Tuesday, April 1st, the last day we had breakfast at home, "because the jackets are there, there are wallets,Kris' passport is there, but not Lisanne's passport" Guerra said.

Last edited by Atlas; 11th April 2014 at 18:24.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Chrononaut (14th April 2014), Operator (11th April 2014), seko (1st May 2014)

33. Link to Post #17
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The families are offering a $30,000 reward.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Operator (1st May 2014)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by buares (here)

Google translation:

"They had no plans even to go to Baru volcano, or to another place far from here," said Miriam Guerra, the owner of the accommodation in the tourist town of Boquete, Chiriqui, where Lisanne Kremers and Kris Froon arrived on March 29 .

In the room of the young are "all things except a backpack," Guerra, who welcomes young foreigners since six years at her home in Boquete, a town nestled in a mountainous area marked by drizzle and temperatures under 20 degrees Celsius, which contrasts with the warmth that characterizes the rest of the country.

"I do not know what they had put in that bag" on Tuesday, April 1st, the last day we had breakfast at home, "because the jackets are there, there are wallets,Kris' passport is there, but not Lisanne's passport" Guerra said.

Panama is not the kind of country to not have an ID (passport) at hand ... Perhaps it indicates that they left in a hurry?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Atlas (1st May 2014)

37. Link to Post #19
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The reward is now $40,000.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Elainie (13th May 2014), Operator (13th May 2014)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts
    Last edited by marlowe; 13th May 2014 at 21:50.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast