+ Reply to Thread

Thread: strange aerial object captured by Ecuador's Reventador volcano-camera

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb strange aerial object captured by Ecuador's Reventador volcano-camera

What is in the image?

While checking the volcano-cameras and seismic reports for the Reventador volcano, this image caught my eye. It is moving against the wind and against the existing lower level clouds.

So if it was a smoke/ash cloud one would assume it would be traveling same as the wind direction and clouds.

What do you think it could be?

The image is a screen capture from my thread in News and Updates, Reventador, volcano Ecuador, activity.

The full animated image is below that was saved from the Ecuadorian volcano-cam webpage:

Just before the optical anomaly appeared in the frame, there was no ash-cloud, no visible eruption present. That doesn't look like any drone..
    Last edited by Bob; 10th October 2015 at 23:24.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: strange aerial object captured by Ecuador's Reventador volcano-camera

-------

Wonderful.

Who knows what it might be? Not enough resolution to identify it, but all I can say is that this part of the world really is quite a UFO hotspot.

Here's the real thing (without a doubt!), taken by a friend of a friend a few years ago near the Pan American Highway in Peru. Very impressive, genuine photo. (For the image analysts on Avalon and elsewhere: this is a high-resolution scan of a pretty good color print.)

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 8th April 2014 at 21:20.

3. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alpha (9th April 2014), Andrew (10th April 2014), aranuk (9th April 2014), Atlas (8th April 2014), avid (12th April 2014), Billy (9th April 2014), Bob (8th April 2014), butcherman (9th April 2014), ceetee9 (8th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Creedence (9th April 2014), Davidallany (9th April 2014), Ecnal61 (8th April 2014), gaiagirl (8th April 2014), ghostrider (9th April 2014), guyres (9th April 2014), Hazel (8th April 2014), Hervé (8th April 2014), hohoemi (9th April 2014), JRS (9th April 2014), kanishk (9th April 2014), Lifebringer (8th April 2014), mab777 (9th April 2014), Magnus (9th April 2014), Matisse (8th April 2014), Nasu (8th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (9th April 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (8th April 2014), sian (8th April 2014), Sidney (9th April 2014), sirdipswitch (8th April 2014), Sophocles (9th April 2014), Sunny-side-up (8th April 2014), tnkayaker (8th April 2014), Tyy1907 (9th April 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Default Re: strange aerial object captured by Ecuador's Reventador volcano-camera

Quote Posted by Bobd (here)
    What is in the image?

[...]
    I for sure don't know what's in that first picture posted.

My first impression from the stop-motion video/gif is that it's an illusion: one frame being the spotted object and the next frame being a piece of fog/cloud.

I didn't check that webcam and therefore do not know the frame time interval but, as a first approximation, it seems > 1 second. Accordingly, if the second frame is still indeed the same object then it is moving damn slow and therefore should also appear -- or a portion of it -- on the previous frame from the one the object is apparent on since, in that scenario, the object appears to move toward the camera (zoomed +).

But... I may be completely wrong...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Atlas (8th April 2014), avid (12th April 2014), Bob (8th April 2014), gaiagirl (8th April 2014), Matisse (8th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (9th April 2014), Sunny-side-up (8th April 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Great picture Bill. Which does show that at least some people around this rock, can get a decent photo of an honest to goodness flyin saucer. And even from a credible source. Yep! Thanks.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Atlas (8th April 2014), Bob (8th April 2014), gaiagirl (8th April 2014), Matisse (8th April 2014), Sunny-side-up (8th April 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    What is in the image?

[...]
    I for sure don't know what's in that first picture posted.

My first impression from the stop-motion video/gif is that it's an illusion: one frame being the spotted object and the next frame being a piece of fog/cloud.

I didn't check that webcam and therefore do not know the frame time interval but, as a first approximation, it seems > 1 second. Accordingly, if the second frame is still indeed the same object then it is moving damn slow and therefore should also appear -- or a portion of it -- on the previous frame from the one the object is apparent on since, in that scenario, the object appears to move toward the camera (zoomed +).

But... I may be completely wrong...
    There appears to be a time/date stamp in the upper left of each frame.

It looks like they have Date and UTC hours minutes seconds.

I see Mexico also reports strange aerial sightings near volcanoes.. http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibti...ing-mexico.PNG

It sure looks like "it" went into the cloud to the right. The cloud it goes into subsequently moves to the left just like the other clouds are doing..

9. Link to Post #6
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

[...]

There appears to be a time/date stamp in the upper left of each frame.

[...]
    Well, I was off by one order of magnitude... time interval between successive frames = 1 minute + 3 seconds...

... so, my best bet is that the post-object frame is the cloud we later see to have moved to the right at approximate same speed as the rest of the surrounding clouds. I have no idea which way that unidentified object went.

20:30:53 UTC

20:31:53 UTC

20:32:56 UTC

20:33:53 UTC
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Atlas (9th April 2014), avid (12th April 2014), Bob (9th April 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Now if we could only determine what the dark anomaly is in the last two frames, that over a minute, (right? +/- 3 seconds) that appears to stay stationary, while the clouds move past...

The last 3 frames: I think I see on the right side, up by the cloud that the "whatever" disappeared into, right before those last 2 frames, a shadow, nothing defined but about the same width, maybe a bit larger, then in the next two frames a fuzzy dark shape, that remains the same spot over two frames (a minute apart you were saying for the timing?) which is a little bit larger too, giving the impression that "it" is closer to the camera. The clouds are seen to move still to the left, but that dark shape, remains..

It sorta gives one the impression, that the "whatever" moved to the right, then out of the camera frame, then came back in from the right, moving left and down, finally staying put for at least 2 frames before the volcano camera stopped capturing for this .gif.

I wonder if somebody can try some high pass filtering, or edge enhancement or something to try to find any borders on those anomalies - I don't know if they keep the .avi if that is what they use. It was saved on their webpage as .gif I guess to save bandwidth.
    Last edited by Bob; 10th October 2015 at 23:23.

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

I notice those perfect triangles in several of the pictures, top right...

blue beam testing people and recognition?

where did we hear of the black triangular ships?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 25th October 2015 at 07:09.

13. Link to Post #9
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Good eye Rocky, I´ve also blown up the photo in Paint and Windows photo viewer. There appears to be a lot of distortion especially below the object as though an invisible force were being exerted there. There also appears what seems be a (trail) or at least a distortion that can be thought of as a trail, in front of and behind the object. I am going to ask a friend of mine to examine this photo today and will let you know his findings and his professional conclusion by tonight.
    Cheers

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Atlas (12th April 2014), Billy (9th April 2014), Bob (12th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (12th April 2014)

15. Link to Post #10
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

We ran the photos through Photoshop and the result was inconclusive. It could well be an unedited recording. That's all.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

Atlas (12th April 2014), avid (12th April 2014), Bob (12th April 2014), Hervé (10th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (12th April 2014)

17. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Davidallany (here)
    Good eye Rocky, I´ve also blown up the photo in Paint and Windows photo viewer. There appears to be a lot of distortion especially below the object as though an invisible force were being exerted there. There also appears what seems be a (trail) or at least a distortion that can be thought of as a trail, in front of and behind the object. I am going to ask a friend of mine to examine this photo today and will let you know his findings and his professional conclusion by tonight.
    Cheers
    I checked the original camera a couple times yesterday and today - during when the fog/clouds are totally blocking the volcano image, what is left is a whitish haze, and within that haze one can see triangular artifacts that match what Rocky was pointing out. But the original dark objects, the moving ovoid, and the derby-hat style dark spot that lasted for two minutes was not present as any continual anomaly on the image. Therefore what was there during the original recording appears to be something not stuck on the lens, but capable of moving within minutes of time.. I did take a look at other historic shots of sky objects in Peru (1968), and found similar silhouette type of views of ovoid shaped objects.

The derby-hat style dark-unsharp edge object at the last 3 frames remind me of Heflin's a 1965's style sighting.

refs - http://www.ufocasebook.com/bestufopictures2.html

18. Link to Post #12
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

Heflin's a 1965's style sighting.

Above, Ufofu reproduces the famous Rex Heflin photos.

Edward Riddle (employed as a senior-level technical writer, including for a leading Menlo Park, California electronics technologies company) remembers a fellow had come into the company lunch room and had brought with him what Riddle would soon later clearly and instantly recognize as the "Heflin UFO photos". Riddle recounts that the man had told him that "his neighbor he knew had rigged up a toy train wheel and some monofilament fishing line, hung them out of his truck window, shot them and would maybe just take them to the paper for some fun." Riddle is 100% certain that the Heflin photos were shown to him prior to their publication- and that they were explained by Heflin's neighbor as a hoax using toy train wheels.

Many years ago researcher Stephen Black film-interviewed Heflin about the incident. Heflin may have given Black a "metaphorical clue" when Heflin admitted to Black that he enjoyed model making. Heflin even had a model railway in his modest home (which Black filmed).

In 2006, researcher John Scheldroup reported in the UFO Updates forum that his photo enhancement and diagramming found that "a wheel of a model steam locomotive" had accounted for the Heflin "spaceship." He noted that "you can just make out the wheel hub protruding of the face of the wheel." UFO enthusiast Kyle King had done a similar match-up using various older toy train wheels and superimposing them onto the Heflin UFO image, producing highly suggestive matches.

http://ufocon.blogspot.com.au/2010/1...hotos-now.html
    Last edited by Atlas; 12th April 2014 at 10:23.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

avid (12th April 2014), Davidallany (14th April 2014)

20. Link to Post #13
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Pedro Chavez photographed them again 9 years later on the hills of Ventanilla, west of the city of Lima. In August of 1977, the newspaper "Ultima Hora" published two photographs of the three bright objects accompanied by the picturesque story of Pedro Chavez:

Amazingly, Chavez did not mention that, years before, he had photographed the same formation of UFOs in Sicuani.

http://losdivulgadores.com/2013/11/p...erra-de-ovnis/
    Last edited by Atlas; 12th April 2014 at 09:21.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

avid (12th April 2014), Bob (12th April 2014), Cidersomerset (13th April 2014), Davidallany (14th April 2014)

22. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by buares (here)
    Heflin's a 1965's style sighting.

Above, Ufofu reproduces the famous Rex Heflin photos.

Edward Riddle (employed as a senior-level technical writer, including for a leading Menlo Park, California electronics technologies company) remembers a fellow had come into the company lunch room and had brought with him what Riddle would soon later clearly and instantly recognize as the "Heflin UFO photos". Riddle recounts that the man had told him that "his neighbor he knew had rigged up a toy train wheel and some monofilament fishing line, hung them out of his truck window, shot them and would maybe just take them to the paper for some fun." Riddle is 100% certain that the Heflin photos were shown to him prior to their publication- and that they were explained by Heflin's neighbor as a hoax using toy train wheels.

Many years ago researcher Stephen Black film-interviewed Heflin about the incident. Heflin may have given Black a "metaphorical clue" when Heflin admitted to Black that he enjoyed model making. Heflin even had a model railway in his modest home (which Black filmed).

In 2006, researcher John Scheldroup reported in the UFO Updates forum that his photo enhancement and diagramming found that "a wheel of a model steam locomotive" had accounted for the Heflin "spaceship." He noted that "you can just make out the wheel hub protruding of the face of the wheel." UFO enthusiast Kyle King had done a similar match-up using various older toy train wheels and superimposing them onto the Heflin UFO image, producing highly suggestive matches.

http://ufocon.blogspot.com.au/2010/1...hotos-now.html
    No doubt Buares, a LOT of "flying saucer pictures" are either hubcaps on a string, "chicken hutch heaters" on a string, "hubcaps or garbage can lids tossed into the air".

The OP asks what the heck was captured by the volcano cam. Bill brought up a sighting in Peru near the Pan American Highway (also noted in another thread), quite detailed (thanks Bill !)

On looking around the web for anything that looks like what is in the "fuzz-mist" in the last two frames from the volcano cam pix, which does NOT move and remains over that 2 min duration, what is it? If it is a "side" profile of what was in the still shot, the closest thing is Heflin's choice of object that could be located on the web that seems to match the side profile. Heflins stuff is clearly debunked, that's not the point. The request is to figure out what is making the odd moving dark object or objects, that move against the wind and at one point appear to remain stationary for at least two frames a minute or two apart.

( I seriously doubt anyone is playing around during an eruption in Ecuador on the side of a hill, at a remote camera location for only one time of day. To put "hubcaps, or train wheels" in-front of a camera.. )

I asked WHAT IS IT that is being seen in these frames, can someone do an EDGE ENHANCEMENT for these 3 images (possibly something to try to look at an increased contrast for that particular shade) whatever can improve image to try to get some detail - there are WAY LESS resolution images on unknown things on the web that are claimed to be "flying saucers" that the imagery in the volcano cam pix and are touted as highly reliable, so again, some edge enhancement, contrast enhancement and a reposting please?:

Image 1: - this is a saved JPG a screen capture clipped

Image 2:

Image 3:

I requested this in POST 7 above - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...l=1#post820290

I am not interested in debunking other people's images on the web. I picked some pictures which show what appears to be similar silhouettes. Buares I did not request a debunking of Heflin's locomotive wheel or whatever it was supposed to be, I need someone to please try to do the processing on the above 3 pix, image 1 2 3

Can that be done?

thank you.

ED UPDATE: PS, this is the original GIF saved from the Volcano Cam

save the gif image, expand it so you can see it clearly, then do screen shots. Then do the image enhancement processing, and please repost them so we can all see such clearly.. tnx.

Last edited by Bob; 24th October 2015 at 22:20.

23. Link to Post #15
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Hi Bob,

I don't know how to 'do the processing' on the images of the volcano.

The last two images show a perfectly motionless object for at least 1 minute:

Could it be a speck of dust on the lens ?
    Last edited by Atlas; 12th April 2014 at 16:24.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Bob (12th April 2014), Davidallany (14th April 2014)

25. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Buares, ok thanks.

I don't know what it is. It seems to if i can keep my eyes focused on it cause they seem to blur out looking closely at it, don't know what that is.. to have a type of geometry to it, I think I see a flat top flat sides, and towards the bottom, some type of slant on both sides. If it is dust, that sure is unusually "regular shapes" for what i would think round dust particles would be like.

There was some other unusual geometry right before that too, on an early frame on the LEFT side, but smaller but similar, also "fuzzy edge". On subsequent viewing of the camera images there were no apparent black blobs remaining on the lens.. the sensation i seem to get is object(?) in the image is behind or in the clouds in all but the very first shot when it appears in the sky, then seems to move into a cloud on the right.

I think maybe paying attention to any dark objects that match that pixel color, may be useful to try to see where such object(s) are, if any.. it is a mystery and remains such. As Bill pointed out that part of the world does have a LOT of sightings of aerial objects, so I don't want to discount anything, but I do want to be critical to try to find out what it could be..

As I pointed out, such was not on the camera the next day, nor on subsequent shots for the next group of images that they saved to their server.. I only caught it when I was doing the seismic report for the volcano and glanced at the volcano cam pix to see what was happening with lava flow.. Only the infra red camera was showing lava flow, not the visible one.

26. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: strange aerial object captured by Ecuador's Reventador volcano-camera

Cameras from later in the evening on the 8th, and on the 9th the camera was looking into a fog bank I guess, or total heavy clouds.. these could be used as "reference" gif images for that volcano camera i think.

In the first image, there are no dark artifacts, or similar "objects(?)" as the first earlier volcano cam pix. Nothing that looks like a "spec of dust" moving around the camera lens that I see.

If you check the fog/cloud socked in pix, you can see the triangles Rocky pointed out - which appear to be either on the lens or are some artifact on the camera sensor(?) itself I think.

(Possibly Davidallany who looked at the triangles Rocky pointed out could look at the fogbank pix and verify that the same triangles are present, and that none of the original anomalies, or dust (as Buares wondered) are present in the gif volcano cam image from later that nite, the top gif animation in this post..) Thanks folks.

Last edited by Bob; 10th October 2015 at 23:19.

27. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,647 times in 18,693 posts

looks pretty good Bobd......

I like the 1964 UFO photos taken by
    Billy Meier in India....

http://theyfly.com/India_1964.html
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 13th April 2014 at 02:41.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Bob (13th April 2014), Davidallany (14th April 2014)

29. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Just a brief update on this thread, about the "object" that appeared on the volcano cam.. Other frames had a different shaped object both to the left and the right of the cone:

Those two dark objects appeared to have a triangular type of appearance towards the "upper" part of the image.

The coincidence appears as follows - volcanic output has dramatically DECREASED for that volcano. This is odd it seems to me, considering this particular volcano has been erupting for a very long time period. ref: http://www.vulkaner.no/v/volcan/lati...entador_e.html

I have no idea if the object(s) appearance has anything to do with the activity diminishing. Any thoughts on that?

Anyone have any information about volcanic activity changing during or after a sighting?

+ Reply to Thread