+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 7 17 23 LastLast

Thread: Siege at the Bundy Ranch ... Armed invasion of American land ... by the US Federal Government.

1. Link to Post #121
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Default Re: Siege at the Bundy Ranch ... Armed invasion of American land ... by the US Federal Government.

Blufire, you are really confusing me. On the one hand, you acknowledge that we're in a war. You seem to acknowledge the position in that war in relation to the "new world order," which I presume you understand uses the federal govt. of the US in their weapons against the people. But, you don't seem to get it at all that the feds are attacking individuals in the process of taking everything from all of us. If you get it about the feds in relation to the NWO, and you get it that you're on one side and they are on the other, how can you possibly defend them for any reason whatsoever?

No, Bundy does not own the land. But the contract he had to graze his cattle there was established in 1870 and did not include the payment of a fee. His family - the same family, without cease - has functioned under that initial contract ever since and has never agreed to a different contract. The feds decided on their own - a unilateral contract without two parties - that he must now pay a fee to them for use of land his family had been using for more than 130 years. So, no, Bundy is not breaking a law. The feds broke the law.

But, as the prosecutor in my husband's case said to him when he complained about their perjury committed in the courtroom said, "We don't have to OBEY the law! We ARE the law!"

And that's pretty much that.

You're on one side or the other, blufire. It's a war. The corporations against the people of the world. Notice I did not say "governments" against the people. The corporations are using the governments. It is the corporations (and the people who own them) against the people of the world, and what is at stake is the continued survival of humanity on this planet.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

13th Warrior (13th April 2014), Christine (13th April 2014), Gardener (14th April 2014), Hervé (13th April 2014), Jake (13th April 2014), NancyV (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), Sebastion (14th April 2014), seko (14th April 2014), Sierra (13th April 2014), SKAWF (15th April 2014), soleil (13th April 2014), T Smith (14th April 2014), ThePythonicCow (13th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #122
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: Siege at the Bundy Ranch ... Armed invasion of American land ... by the US Federal Government.

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    Bundy lost his right to graze his herds on this land because he refuses to pay the grazing fees. He broke the contract his grandfather entered all those years ago.

Interesting take on it... The BLM did not exist back then. It was created to help "monitor grazing areas" and "administer permits", MANY years later... I went to the BLM Website,, clicked on the tab that says "What we do." And did a bit of research...

Yep,, monitor grazing lands and administer permits... Nothing in there about stealing cattle, arresting people, tazing people, threatening people with automatic weapons,, etc... I was looking for the section on mercenaries and supporting the negotiation of public lands for sell to Chinese Fracking companies!! (yes, I said fracking,,, I don't believe for a second that any Chinese corporation would spend billions of dollars to provide clean energy to people in Nevada.. you cannot put solar energy in a barrel.) There was Nothing at all about why the BLM is above ALL other courts in the nation. Quite disappointing,,, as I can read the writing on the wall for myself.

Keep yer eyes on the ball...
    Here is a PDF of BLMs Collection policy. Not a single thing in there about Mercenaries and Cattle thieving,, can you believe that??

Jake.
    but then again...

Quote New System Converts Sun’s Energy into Hydrogen Fuel

Quote A new system designed by researchers at UNC and NC State converts the sun’s energy into hydrogen fuel and stores it for later use.

Solar energy has long been used as a clean alternative to fossil fuels such as coal and oil, but it could only be harnessed during the day when the sun’s rays were strongest. Now researchers led by Tom Meyer at the Energy Frontier Research Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have built a system that converts the sun’s energy not into electricity but hydrogen fuel and stores it for later use, allowing us to power our devices long after the sun goes down.

“So called ‘solar fuels’ like hydrogen offer a solution to how to store energy for nighttime use by taking a cue from natural photosynthesis,” said Meyer, Arey Distinguished Professor of Chemistry at UNC’s College of Arts and Sciences. “Our new findings may provide a last major piece of a puzzle for a new way to store the sun’s energy – it could be a tipping point for a solar energy future.”

In one hour, the sun puts out enough energy to power every vehicle, factory and device on the planet for an entire year. Solar panels can harness that energy to generate electricity during the day. But the problem with the sun is that it goes down at night—and with it the ability to power our homes and cars. If solar energy is going to have a shot at being a clean source for powering the planet, scientists had to figure out how to store it for night-time use.

The new system designed by Meyer and colleagues at UNC and with Greg Parsons’ group at North Carolina State University does exactly that. It is known as a dye-sensitized photoelectrosynthesis cell, or DSPEC, and it generates hydrogen fuel by using the sun’s energy to split water into its component parts. After the split, hydrogen is sequestered and stored, while the byproduct, oxygen, is released into the air.

“But splitting water is extremely difficult to do,” said Meyer. “You need to take four electrons away from two water molecules, transfer them somewhere else, and make hydrogen, and, once you have done that, keep the hydrogen and oxygen separated. How to design molecules capable of doing that is a really big challenge that we’ve begun to overcome.”

Meyer had been investigating DSPECs for years at the Energy Frontier Research Center at UNC and before. His design has two basic components: a molecule and a nanoparticle. The molecule, called a chromophore-catalyst assembly, absorbs sunlight and then kick starts the catalyst to rip electrons away from water. The nanoparticle, to which thousands of chromophore-catalyst assemblies are tethered, is part of a film of nanoparticles that shuttles the electrons away to make the hydrogen fuel.

However, even with the best of attempts, the system always crashed because either the chromophore-catalyst assembly kept breaking away from the nanoparticles or because the electrons couldn’t be shuttled away quickly enough to make hydrogen.

To solve both of these problems, Meyer turned to the Parsons group to use a technique that coated the nanoparticle, atom by atom, with a thin layer of a material called titanium dioxide. By using ultra-thin layers, the researchers found that the nanoparticle could carry away electrons far more rapidly than before, with the freed electrons available to make hydrogen. They also figured out how to build a protective coating that keeps the chromophore-catalyst assembly tethered firmly to the nanoparticle, ensuring that the assembly stayed on the surface.

With electrons flowing freely through the nanoparticle and the tether stabilized, Meyer’s new system can turn the sun’s energy into fuel while needing almost no external power to operate and releasing no greenhouse gases. What’s more, the infrastructure to install these sunlight-to-fuel converters is in sight based on existing technology. A next target is to use the same approach to reduce carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, to a carbon-based fuel such as formate or methanol... http://scitechdaily.com/new-system-c...hydrogen-fuel/

4. Link to Post #123
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

I give unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.

If you are going to get in bed with the government then you play by government rules.

Am i truly the only one that sees this??? !!!!
    Sadly no. You are not alone Bluefire, There are many more who are asleep and being played by those who believe they are in control.

peace.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Jake (13th April 2014), NancyV (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), ThePythonicCow (13th April 2014)

6. Link to Post #124
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    Bundy lost his right to graze his herds on this land because he refuses to pay the grazing fees. He broke the contract his grandfather entered all those years ago.

Interesting take on it... The BLM did not exist back then. It was created to help "monitor grazing areas" and "administer permits", MANY years later... I went to the BLM Website,, clicked on the tab that says "What we do." And did a bit of research...

Yep,, monitor grazing lands and administer permits... Nothing in there about stealing cattle, arresting people, tazing people, threatening people with automatic weapons,, etc... I was looking for the section on mercenaries and supporting the negotiation of public lands for sell to Chinese Fracking companies!! (yes, I said fracking,,, I don't believe for a second that any Chinese corporation would spend billions of dollars to provide clean energy to people in Nevada.. you cannot put solar energy in a barrel.) There was Nothing at all about why the BLM is above ALL other courts in the nation. Quite disappointing,,, as I can read the writing on the wall for myself.

Here is a PDF of BLMs Collection policy. Not a single thing in there about Mercenaries and Cattle thieving,, can you believe that??

Jake.
    but then again...

Quote A new system designed by researchers at UNC and NC State converts the sun’s energy into hydrogen fuel and stores it for later use.

Solar energy has long been used as a clean alternative to fossil fuels such as coal and oil, but it could only be harnessed during the day when the sun’s rays were strongest. Now researchers led by Tom Meyer at the Energy Frontier Research Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill have built a system that converts the sun’s energy not into electricity but hydrogen fuel and stores it for later use, allowing us to power our devices long after the sun goes down.

“So called ‘solar fuels’ like hydrogen offer a solution to how to store energy for nighttime use by taking a cue from natural photosynthesis,” said Meyer, Arey Distinguished Professor of Chemistry at UNC’s College of Arts and Sciences. “Our new findings may provide a last major piece of a puzzle for a new way to store the sun’s energy – it could be a tipping point for a solar energy future.”

In one hour, the sun puts out enough energy to power every vehicle, factory and device on the planet for an entire year. Solar panels can harness that energy to generate electricity during the day. But the problem with the sun is that it goes down at night—and with it the ability to power our homes and cars. If solar energy is going to have a shot at being a clean source for powering the planet, scientists had to figure out how to store it for night-time use.

The new system designed by Meyer and colleagues at UNC and with Greg Parsons’ group at North Carolina State University does exactly that. It is known as a dye-sensitized photoelectrosynthesis cell, or DSPEC, and it generates hydrogen fuel by using the sun’s energy to split water into its component parts. After the split, hydrogen is sequestered and stored, while the byproduct, oxygen, is released into the air.

“But splitting water is extremely difficult to do,” said Meyer. “You need to take four electrons away from two water molecules, transfer them somewhere else, and make hydrogen, and, once you have done that, keep the hydrogen and oxygen separated. How to design molecules capable of doing that is a really big challenge that we’ve begun to overcome.”

Meyer had been investigating DSPECs for years at the Energy Frontier Research Center at UNC and before. His design has two basic components: a molecule and a nanoparticle. The molecule, called a chromophore-catalyst assembly, absorbs sunlight and then kick starts the catalyst to rip electrons away from water. The nanoparticle, to which thousands of chromophore-catalyst assemblies are tethered, is part of a film of nanoparticles that shuttles the electrons away to make the hydrogen fuel.

However, even with the best of attempts, the system always crashed because either the chromophore-catalyst assembly kept breaking away from the nanoparticles or because the electrons couldn’t be shuttled away quickly enough to make hydrogen.

To solve both of these problems, Meyer turned to the Parsons group to use a technique that coated the nanoparticle, atom by atom, with a thin layer of a material called titanium dioxide. By using ultra-thin layers, the researchers found that the nanoparticle could carry away electrons far more rapidly than before, with the freed electrons available to make hydrogen. They also figured out how to build a protective coating that keeps the chromophore-catalyst assembly tethered firmly to the nanoparticle, ensuring that the assembly stayed on the surface.

With electrons flowing freely through the nanoparticle and the tether stabilized, Meyer’s new system can turn the sun’s energy into fuel while needing almost no external power to operate and releasing no greenhouse gases. What’s more, the infrastructure to install these sunlight-to-fuel converters is in sight based on existing technology. A next target is to use the same approach to reduce carbon dioxide, a greenhouse gas, to a carbon-based fuel such as formate or methanol... http://scitechdaily.com/new-system-c...hydrogen-fuel/
    I am not discounting the technology,, I am merely refusing to believe that a Chinese company (ie, the Chinese Gv't) would invest a dime in providing energy to Americans. Not for Nevadans, not for a return of American dollars,, not ever. If they were to invest in Solar energy,, why would they do it in Nevada, and not their own back yard?? If anything, large fields of solar panels would be the perfect front for the Shale mining/Fracking,, that is going on elsewhere in that area of America. Who's to say that they don't frack underneath the solar energy project?? I am just guessing now,, my red flags are up!!

Thx for the link.
    Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

13th Warrior (13th April 2014), Billy (13th April 2014), NancyV (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), Sebastion (14th April 2014), Sierra (13th April 2014)

8. Link to Post #125
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,885 times in 912 posts

Bluefire, you are hung up on this notion of a binding contract. Bundy says his contract was with the state of Nevada (people of Nevada) not the federal government. Contracts can be nullified for many reasons. Further more the BLM has used a fraudulent argument for means of cattle removal (endangered species).

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This so called solar farm is most likely a trojan horse for a land grab.
    “Bundinn er bátlaus maður”

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Billy (13th April 2014), Hervé (13th April 2014), Jake (13th April 2014), NancyV (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), Sebastion (14th April 2014), Sierra (13th April 2014), soleil (14th April 2014), T Smith (14th April 2014)

10. Link to Post #126
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

I am not discounting the technology,, I am merely refusing to believe that a Chinese company (ie, the Chinese Gv't) would invest a dime in providing energy to Americans.
    Perhaps for the same reason that so many dictators put into power by American intelligence agencies end up contracting for vast arsenals of advanced military equipment (and putting their nations deeply into debt as a result.)

It's what we make .

US Defense contractors make that advanced equipment, and make a pretty penny selling it, for money lent to "customers" far and wide by US Banksters.

China has a near monopoly on solar panels and on the rare earth minerals required to make them.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (13th April 2014), Hervé (13th April 2014), Jake (13th April 2014), Krist (13th April 2014), NancyV (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), Sierra (13th April 2014), T Smith (14th April 2014)

12. Link to Post #127
    Thanks

well how much does electricity cost in America vs China?

maybe selling bulk clean energy to us is a better profit than in China, an enormous power grid is already in place in Nevada, sun is outrageous in the summer, panels with a 30 year guarantee, toast in 10 years.

that's where creating Hydrogen for almost free comes into place and can more or less be sold by the barrel without the quakes...

American companies are too afraid of upsetting their Republican Oil Cartel friends, so why not let the Chinese step forward to do it for us?

what's safer?

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 13th April 2014 at 21:21.

13. Link to Post #128
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am not discounting the technology,, I am merely refusing to believe that a Chinese company (ie, the Chinese Gv't) would invest a dime in providing energy to Americans. Not for Nevadans, not for a return of American dollars,, not ever.
    China is investing a huge amount of money in countries around the world, including in the US.

They are doing so not to gain US Dollars, but to divest of them, in exchange for resource supply lines and "customers" for goods China manufactures from those resources.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th April 2014 at 21:25.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (13th April 2014), Christine (13th April 2014), Jake (13th April 2014), Krist (13th April 2014), NancyV (13th April 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), seko (14th April 2014), Selene (14th April 2014), Sierra (13th April 2014), T Smith (14th April 2014)

15. Link to Post #129
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am not discounting the technology,, I am merely refusing to believe that a Chinese company (ie, the Chinese Gv't) would invest a dime in providing energy to Americans. Not for Nevadans, not for a return of American dollars,, not ever.
    The "Wal-Mart" customer base is no longer a growth opportunity in the US, as our domestic economy collapses, but the government customer base is alive and kicking, and can apparently easily be extorted into
    1. abandoning competing mining operations
    2. divesting of America's gold hoard (and anyone else's gold hoard that had been - past tense - stashed in America), and
    3. taking total control of most of the land in the Western states for such things as Chinese solar panel farms.
    I am not claiming that the Chinese people or their publicly visible government are any smarter than Americans or the US government (well, maybe a little smarter -- hard to be that dumb.)

I am claiming that someone or ones of substantial power on this planet have been working diligently on moving earth's manufacturing base from the US to the Orient, for several decades now.

When I see a jujitsu master (the most powerful on earth) get a sumo wrestler (the world's economic engine) to shift his weight from his left leg (the US) to his right leg (the Orient), I suspect that the jujitsu wrestler is not doing this out of some great fondness for right legs. Rather I suspect the master intends to control the sumo wrestler.

With the leaks that are coming out with increasing frequency of black-ops "beyond conventional physics" technology, I suspect further that these masters are working to control earth sufficiently that they can make more overt use of this physics and the technology it enables, for some ulterior purpose, likely out in space, without having a bunch of warring nations use it to blow up the damn planet.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 13th April 2014 at 21:37.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (13th April 2014), Christine (14th April 2014), Jake (13th April 2014), JRS (14th April 2014), Krist (13th April 2014), Melinda (15th April 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), seko (14th April 2014), Selene (14th April 2014), Sierra (13th April 2014), T Smith (14th April 2014)

17. Link to Post #130
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    With the leaks that are coming out with increasing frequency of black-ops "beyond conventional physics" technology, I suspect further that these masters are working to control earth sufficiently that they can make more overt use of this physics and the technology it enables, for some ulterior purpose, likely out in space, without having a bunch of warring nations use it to blow up the damn planet.
    I should give credit where it is due - to Joseph P. Farrell and Catherine Austin Fitts, for this observation.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Christine (14th April 2014), Jake (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), seko (14th April 2014), T Smith (14th April 2014)

19. Link to Post #131
    Thanks

I must admit that my knowledge is limited regarding Chinese investment strategies! I will have to take it all in..

So for the context of this discussion,, Perhaps It does not matter either way the motives of the Chinese investing in these projects,, it matters the negotiating of public lands out from under Americans, so that government and/or politicians can render a profit.

There are also some things that I don't understand about grazing rights. My understanding that the grazing rights exist regardless of a lawful permit. The grazing fees were implemented to pay the costs of the BLM, which in turn would help the ranchers with the management of the PUBLIC lands. Not FEDERAL lands,,, PUBLIC lands. If the grazing fees/permits were not paid,, it was an issue for the courts to decide.,, Not the politicians,, (who are perfectly willing to sell PUBLIC assets to the highest bidder...) and definitely not the BLM!!!

Much of this issue has to do with the ambiguous nature of the question of wether or not it is FEDERAL land or PUBLIC land... and who is making the decisions for the People who own their own ranching land, outright! Public land grazing rights in Nevada can be bought and sold, as long as the BLM is involved. So the grazing rights ARE a legal property,, regardless of wether or not they allude to a SPECIFIC piece of land... It is similar to owning water rights. You cannot own a specific piece of water, so you own rights to it!!!

My point is that if I do not pay the taxes on my water rights,, I am fined by the appropriate court and if I continue to refuse to pay,, my water rights are taken away from me,,, They do not come into my home, arrest my son, confiscate my sink and plumbing,, taze my wife,,, and tell me that if I have something to say,, go stand in the orange circle!!!!

Again, there is due process in America,,, err,, somewhat!!!

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Christine (14th April 2014), NancyV (14th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), seko (14th April 2014), Selene (14th April 2014), ThePythonicCow (13th April 2014)

21. Link to Post #132
    England Avalon Member SPIRIT WOLF's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,739 times in 919 posts

Maybe those few words I told Kerry Cassidy in May 2011 in the interview about China overtaking the US as THE superpower, keep that in mind as we move along guys
    TRUTH,JUSTICE,FREEDOM
    PROUD TO BE OLD FASHIONED,OLD SCHOOL, OLD GUARD
    Sauviter in Modo Fortiter in Re

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SPIRIT WOLF For This Post:

Christine (14th April 2014), Jake (13th April 2014), JRS (14th April 2014), NancyV (14th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (14th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), ThePythonicCow (13th April 2014)

23. Link to Post #133
    Language
    English
    Thanks

A cool video of the final moments of the standoff at Bundy Ranch:

Click this link to start at 2:53, showing the BLM thugs marching backwards: http://youtu.be/JxZEOs-Nzjk?t=2m53s

Click this link to start at 3:42, showing the men on horseback leading the rescued livestock out from captivity: http://youtu.be/JxZEOs-Nzjk?t=3m42s

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

13th Warrior (13th April 2014), Carmen (14th April 2014), Christine (14th April 2014), Gardener (14th April 2014), Jake (14th April 2014), NancyV (14th April 2014), naste.de.lumina (13th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (13th April 2014), RunningDeer (14th April 2014), seko (14th April 2014)

25. Link to Post #134
    Thanks

I must admit that my knowledge is limited regarding Chinese investment strategies! I will have to take it all in..

So for the context of this discussion,, Perhaps It does not matter either way the motives of the Chinese investing in these projects,, it matters the negotiating of public lands out from under Americans, so that government and/or politicians can render a profit.

There are also some things that I don't understand about grazing rights. My understanding that the grazing rights exist regardless of a lawful permit. The grazing fees were implemented to pay the costs of the BLM, which in turn would help the ranchers with the management of the PUBLIC lands. Not FEDERAL lands,,, PUBLIC lands. If the grazing fees/permits were not paid,, it was an issue for the courts to decide.,, Not the politicians,, (who are perfectly willing to sell PUBLIC assets to the highest bidder...) and definitely not the BLM!!!

Much of this issue has to do with the ambiguous nature of the question of wether or not it is FEDERAL land or PUBLIC land... and who is making the decisions for the People who own their own ranching land, outright! Public land grazing rights in Nevada can be bought and sold, as long as the BLM is involved. So the grazing rights ARE a legal property,, regardless of wether or not they allude to a SPECIFIC piece of land... It is similar to owning water rights. You cannot own a specific piece of water, so you own rights to it!!!

My point is that if I do not pay the taxes on my water rights,, I am fined by the appropriate court and if I continue to refuse to pay,, my water rights are taken away from me,,, They do not come into my home, arrest my son, confiscate my sink and plumbing,, taze my wife,,, and tell me that if I have something to say,, go stand in the orange circle!!!!

Again, there is due process in America,,, err,, somewhat!!!

Jake.
    he tried court and lost twice over the last 20 years...

and for those of you still jumping up and down yelling at China, they pulled out of the deal in June 2013 according to a Laughlin paper where the plant was being built...

not about China or Solar people...

From The Las Vegas Sun (June 14, 2013):
    A Chinese-backed company is pulling the plug on a multibillion-dollar solar project near Laughlin after it was unable to find customers for the power that would have been generated there, a Clark County spokesman said Friday.
    From Clark County, Nevada News Release (June 14, 2013):
    LAUGHLIN -- ENN Mojave Energy representatives informed Clark County officials today that they could not obtain power purchase agreements with utility companies within necessary contract deadlines, thus triggering an automatic termination of an agreement to create a solar power generation, manufacturing and research facility on 9,000 acres in southern Clark County.
    If you want to get Mad at Reid, it should be that he didn't have enough balls to stand up to power companies and demand they buy cheap clean energy to support a thousand jobs in Nevada...
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 14th April 2014 at 01:32. Reason: add source links

26. Link to Post #135
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,413 times in 1,676 posts

Jake.
    but then again...

I am not discounting the technology,, I am merely refusing to believe that a Chinese company (ie, the Chinese Gv't) would invest a dime in providing energy to Americans. Not for Nevadans, not for a return of American dollars,, not ever. If they were to invest in Solar energy,, why would they do it in Nevada, and not their own back yard?? If anything, large fields of solar panels would be the perfect front for the Shale mining/Fracking,, that is going on elsewhere in that area of America. Who's to say that they don't frack underneath the solar energy project?? I am just guessing now,, my red flags are up!!

Thx for the link.
    Jake.
    Chinese investment in "real things" is also indicative of their renewed (perhaps somewhat stealth) policy of de-investing away from the dollar. Yes, they could invest in solar in their own their back yard, but the objective is to buy up "real" things with their excess dollars as they slowly move away from Treasury bonds. This isn't for energy for Americans; this is for investment in a post-American world. This is exactly what I would do if I were the Chinese government; I would back away from Treasury purchases as one who slowly backs away from a wild animal. Not too fast, but with measured resolve. I would buy all the gold and silver I could, plus invest or purchase anything of real value with any excess $s that might provide power and leverage in the new global NWO economy, post collapse. All the major powers are competing now for leverage in this post-petrodollar economy; the power structure of this new world is crystalizing as we speak. If this new global economy were analogous to a Settlers of Catan game, the Chinese are simply laying stake on all they can while their excess dollars still have value.
    Last edited by T Smith; 14th April 2014 at 01:20.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Jake (14th April 2014), NancyV (14th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (14th April 2014), Selene (14th April 2014)

28. Link to Post #136
    Thanks

he tried court and lost twice over the last 20 years...

and for those of you still jumping up and down yelling at China, they pulled out of the deal in June 2013 according to a Laughlin paper where the plant was being built...

not about China or Solar people...

From The Las Vegas Sun (June 14, 2013):
    A Chinese-backed company is pulling the plug on a multibillion-dollar solar project near Laughlin after it was unable to find customers for the power that would have been generated there, a Clark County spokesman said Friday.
    From Clark County, Nevada News Release (June 14, 2013):
    LAUGHLIN -- ENN Mojave Energy representatives informed Clark County officials today that they could not obtain power purchase agreements with utility companies within necessary contract deadlines, thus triggering an automatic termination of an agreement to create a solar power generation, manufacturing and research facility on 9,000 acres in southern Clark County.
    If you want to get Mad at Reid, it should be that he didn't have enough balls to stand up to power companies and demand they buy cheap clean energy to support a thousand jobs in Nevada...
    Hey, Rock! With much respect, please link your quote,, I'd love to see who said what/when/why/how,, on this one! [ Mod-edit: Links added. -- Paul. ] I am seriously considering that whoever is negotiating the sellout of PUBLIC lands in Nevada (and many other places) do not care who is financially backing the project(s)!! Either way, it seems that the heat is still ON, in Nevada, when it comes to getting this cattle rancher off of public lands...

First of all, i have not seen details as to the court cases that He brought,, if any... I do not believe that the onus is on him to prove anything.. It is the BLMs responsibility to respond with COURT OF LAW for a dispute over unpaid fees. If it is all because of turtles, then show it in a court of law,,, if it about unpaid fees,, show it in a court of law,, !! I don't see the problem! These are PUBLIC LANDS...

Rock,, I'd love to see PUBLIC lands designated for clean energy projects that create jobs for folks in Nevada. You bet yer arsse!!! I am all for it. As it turns out,, that is not the plan, is it?? They are being sold out from under us!

Jake
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 14th April 2014 at 01:36.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

NancyV (14th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (14th April 2014), T Smith (14th April 2014)

30. Link to Post #137
    Thanks

he owes over a million hasn't made a payment in over 20 years, I guess this is a foreclosure because he wanted to make a statement...

to create this scene, cost far more than the cattle's worth, maybe they detected an ET ship under the surface and they decided it's time for Area 52...

31. Link to Post #138
    Language
    English
    Thanks

he owes over a million hasn't made a payment in over 20 years
    That's what the Feds say Bundy owes. Needless to say, Bundy doesn't agree .

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

NancyV (14th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (14th April 2014), seko (14th April 2014)

33. Link to Post #139
    Thanks

still looking for the original quotes, I'll toss a little in on the project as I go... Back in 2012...

Quote Reid, D-Nev., indicated there have been overtures to gauge NV Energy's interest in buying power from the Laughlin venture. He characterized NV Energy's response as "weak excuses," including what he described as the utility's doubts that the Nevada Public Utilities Commission would approve the purchase.

"NV Energy is a regulated monopoly," Reid said. "They control 95 percent of all the electricity that is produced in Nevada and they should go along with this."

Responding to Reid, an NV Energy spokeswoman said the utility is not in the market for more renewable energy at this time, having exceeded the state's requirement that 15 percent of its portfolio originate from clean sources.

The company does not plan to issue new requests for power until 2014 and 2015, and will do so through competitive bidding, said Jennifer Schuricht.

"NV Energy would certainly welcome a bid from ENN when we issue the next RFP (request for proposals), and their success, like all other projects, would be dependent on the benefits, especially price, that they can demonstrate for the customers of NV Energy," Schuricht said in a statement.

That might be too late for ENN. According to Bloomberg Businessweek, the company's land deal with Clark County would be voided if it can't find a power customer by next June... link
    here it is...

Quote A Chinese-backed company is pulling the plug on a multibillion-dollar solar project near Laughlin after it was unable to find customers for the power that would have been generated there, a Clark County spokesman said Friday.

In a letter dated Friday, an executive from ENN Mojave Energy LLC informed the county that the company was terminating its agreement to purchase 9,000 acres near Laughlin, stating that the “market will not support a project of this scale and nature at this time.”

The company, a subsidiary of ENN Group, described as the largest energy company in China, said it was unable to sign the necessary power purchase agreements to sell the energy generated from the solar plant to utilities in Nevada or neighboring states.

When the plan was initially pitched to commissioners, developers said they planned to first build a solar panel factory followed by a massive solar energy plant on land 90 miles south of Las Vegas... link
    Bundy Ranch is 80 miles north east from Vegas...

as the crow flies, 150 miles from the proposed project...

who is the first person that broadcast to the tea party the ranch was being taken by Reid for this project?

find that shill and we might get closer to who is behind creation of a civil war...

34. Link to Post #140
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am seriously considering that whoever is negotiating the sellout of PUBLIC lands in Nevada (and many other places) do not care who is financially backing the project(s)!! Either way, it seems that the heat is still ON, in Nevada, when it comes to getting this cattle rancher off of public lands...
    Despite all my discussions of Chinese solar panels above, I actually have no real clue whether that's part of what's currently going down in Clark County, Nevada, or not. I was just figuring that it could be part.

What I am convinced of (though like many things, something I might see entirely differently in another ten years) is that the US Federal government (including its courts, legislatures and administration, so I don't put much stock in law nor in court case here) are grabbing control of as much land as they can, especially in the Western half of the US. I recall some case (details long passed from my conscious brain) where President Bill Clinton did a US Federal grab of a bunch of Utah land with high quality coal reserves on it, back in the 1990's. (P.S. Here it is - the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, set aside (er, grabbed) by Clinton in 1996.) This Federal land grab has been going on for a while, and they don't like uninvited guests on "their" land.

Here's a map of US Federal lands as of 2005. The red areas in the west are closely correlated with the mountainous or arid regions with low population density, such as the Rocky Mountains.
    Click here to see the original, high resolution, Wikipedia image.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 14th April 2014 at 02:10.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Antagenet (14th April 2014), NancyV (14th April 2014), Reinhard (15th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (14th April 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 7 17 23 LastLast