+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An email from Avaaz.org, it's the results of a poll

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Default An email from Avaaz.org, it's the results of a poll

An email from Avaaz.org, it's the results of a poll; it has some very interesting figures so I thought you might like to see them here!

This I find interesting/encouraging, Spirituality winning out over religions
    Out of 34m people:
    38.9% say they are 'Spiritual, but not religious!
    27.21% Follow a faith
    16.21% Atheist
    10.12% Agnosti/Unsure?
    7.18% None of the above, Hmm wonder who they are

Avaazers - here they are, the final results of our gigantic survey of this 34 million strong community of global citizens! The people have spoken, and we're determined to break the corporate stranglehold on our governments, get every child in school, and much, much more:

This has been a really valuable process to guide our team -- thanks so much to everyone who participated! As a thank-you present, check out the comments that people have written on the poll results page here (scroll back through them - there are tens of thousands!). It's a beautiful and inspiring snapshot of humanity, and this amazing community. So excited to do this with you all!!

With loads of love, anticipation and appreciation,

Ricken, Meredith, Lisa, Rewan, Mina, Alex and the whole Avaaz team

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We've set the direction, and it's an exciting plan - let's make it a reality!

Avaaz never takes money from governments or corporations or any large donors -- we rely 100% on small donations from Avaaz members. Which is why it's our community, and no one else, that's calling the shots. Click to power this plan in 2014:
    YES, I'LL PLEDGE £2

YES, I'LL PLEDGE £3

YES, I'LL PLEDGE £4

YES, I'LL PLEDGE £5

YES, I'LL PLEDGE £8

To pledge an amount other than the ones listed above, click here.

This has been a really valuable process to guide our team -- thanks so much to everyone who participated! As a thank-you present, check out the comments that people have written on the poll results page here (scroll back through them - there are tens of thousands!). It's a beautiful and inspiring snapshot of humanity, and this amazing community. So excited to do this with you all!!
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th April 2014), Ellisa (16th April 2014), Lifebringer (15th April 2014), Wind (15th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: An email from Avaaz.org, it's the results of a poll

And most are for equality, education and political honesty. I still want to believe in humanity and I do think that we have hope, more and more people have started to question the status quo and many are wanting true freedom. It is just a matter of time when the dominoes begin to fall.

“We meet again, at the turn of the tide. A great storm is coming, but the tide has turned.”

- Gandalf the white

"It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

-Samwise Gamgee

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th April 2014), Sunny-side-up (15th April 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I couldn't get the comments, where and what click is it? Thanks, I could use a little sunshine in my thoughts. I've been honest w/ a spouse on our current relationship which is rocky at best, but secure. He's silent now, and I didn't want to lie to him, but unless we seek counceling, I simply can't deal with a verbally abusive, and temper tantrum spoiled brat of such selfishness, (he's convinced himself it's for the best of all.) Debt is never in anyone's best interest. He's juggling finances in my name again, and I've never been late paying anything and told him its hard to sit in silence because of no communication.
    Definitely time for a change.
    You can't love if you can't communicate.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    I couldn't get the comments, where and what click is it? Thanks, I could use a little sunshine in my thoughts. I've been honest w/ a spouse on our current relationship which is rocky at best, but secure. He's silent now, and I didn't want to lie to him, but unless we seek counceling, I simply can't deal with a verbally abusive, and temper tantrum spoiled brat of such selfishness, (he's convinced himself it's for the best of all.) Debt is never in anyone's best interest. He's juggling finances in my name again, and I've never been late paying anything and told him its hard to sit in silence because of no communication.
    Definitely time for a change.
    You can't love if you can't communicate.
    Yes time for change there I think Lifebringer, wishing you all the best, be bold!
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

7. Link to Post #5
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

I have never heard of this before. Do the letters "avaaz" represent some organisation or movement?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

panopticon (16th April 2014)

9. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Quote Posted by Ellisa (here)
    I have never heard of this before. Do the letters "avaaz" represent some organisation or movement?
    G'day Ellisa,

Avaaz is not an acronym. The wikipedia page (gasp ) says:
    Quote The name "Avaaz", according to the organisation itself, means "voice" "in several European, Middle Eastern and Asian languages".[3] In fact آواز āwāz is the Persian word for "song" which can also be encountered in Hindi/Urdu, Marathi, Nepalese, and other languages. The claim that the word is part of "several" European languages seems exaggerated, for the Persian word was taken up only in Turkish and from there in the Bosnian. As regards Middle Eastern languages, only Persian (and perhaps Turkish) can be cited, but the claim is correct as regards South Asian languages.
    Source
    -- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Wind (16th April 2014)

+ Reply to Thread