+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The War on Pot - Denver is a Pawn

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Default Re: The War on Pot - Denver is a Pawn

they legalized it, but gave police pull over and test ability, and if you smoked more than one cigarette in a week, you are over limit and in huge trouble...

it's legal to buy in Colorado, but illegal to smoke...

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    they legalized it, but gave police pull over and test ability, and if you smoked more than one cigarette in a week, you are over limit and in huge trouble...

it's legal to buy in Colorado, but illegal to smoke...

it's a lil cold there but, is there a metro bus?
    good way to get around that BS.
    or bicycle.

3. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Elainie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 times in 787 posts

Smoking takes place here (I live in Boulder) at restaurants lol. One in particular is known for having parties in the back room with tons of pot etc; there are several dispensaries on every street corner. We have millionaire hippies (the growers). It's insane. I'm not a smoker or user (never cared for it) but I have friends that partake. I did try Phoenix Tears a few years back when it became available in dispensaries but it made me leave my body majority of the day ( astral project) which was nice but I wasn't able to function.
    On the other hand many jobs here require random drug testing just as they do in other states.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elainie For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), raregem (20th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (19th April 2014), seko (21st April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (19th April 2014)

5. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

‏@Ron_White - 4/20 Easter is going to be 4 pot smokers what New Years is for drinkers...

You have, and display, love and insight, like no other on this forum.
    Thank you, Rocky Shorz. ( for what (only) You know ..).
    - and How to share it, with humour .....
    & Love to you too, Rocky

Here in Norway there is an old saying :
    "and, Christmas last until Easter ."
    ( og Julen varer helt til Påske )

- so
    ho ho ho

:- )
    Last edited by noxon medem; 19th April 2014 at 21:56.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (19th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (19th April 2014)

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

[QUOTE=blufire;824821]
    Quote I know that Colorado was not the first state to legalize recreational pot (Washington was first)...
    - snip
    Break out of the ‘box’ people . . be logical . . . be smart.
    Be O so logical, Or be ganic, if that is your will .
    Be smarter then them, or it, whatever is chasing
    and again trying to, at enslaving you ....

- Is it spirit that will allways set us free ?

Last edited by noxon medem; 19th April 2014 at 22:15.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014)

9. Link to Post #26
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by noxon medem (here)
    ‏@Ron_White - 4/20 Easter is going to be 4 pot smokers what New Years is for drinkers...

You have, and display, love and insight, like no other on this forum.
    Thank you, Rocky Shorz. ( for what (only) You know ..).
    - and How to share it, with humour .....
    & Love to you too, Rocky

Here in Norway there is an old saying :
    "and, Christmas last until Easter ."
    ( og Julen varer helt til Påske )

- so
    ho ho ho

when eating breakfast you know you've smoked too much when the eggs start staring at you...

10. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Eggs are integrate part of the Easter breakfast.
    Of course, "in the old days" we knew the hens
    who "warped" the eggs ...

No image to accompany this post,
    eccept maybe in your head, or mind,
    - and hopefully more like your own....

Anyway, and how .
    Be well, all.

nm

Back to topic ?
    Whatever that was ..

- ahh, yeah, starting
    ( to remember .).
    Last edited by noxon medem; 19th April 2014 at 22:32.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th April 2014), Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (19th April 2014)

12. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

A bit of a shame this thread went the direction it did ... let's try to start again with the thread topic??

The topic of this thread is more about the crazy tactics utilized for no other purpose than to control via belief and propaganda, but even more-so, the liberal use of how "problem - reaction - solution" tactic of theirs plays on our judgements and opinions without any facts or understanding.

Use media to program judgements and opinions without fact, and our emotions against us that defend the above, to facilitate easier use of problem-reaction-solution, to help them get whatever they want. It doesn't matter in this context as to whether you support marijuana or not - don't be distracted by the judgment level of things.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 20th April 2014 at 00:44.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

seko (21st April 2014), Zaya (21st April 2014)

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by Koyaanisqatsi (here)
    Big pharmas only recourse here is the smear campaign in the media haha. Guess what, its not working!! 25,000 people died of acetametaphine overdose in America last year, where are the news stories on that? People are dropping dead from popping opiates left and right, where are the news stories on that? These Doctors are state sanctioned drug dealers, they get countless patients hooked on opiates by perscribing powerful forms of synthetic heroine like Oxycontin, percocet , etc. Working in the herbal wellness industry, i see it everyday
    awesome.... love all the posts, good to see everyone is catching on... MSM is for last remnants of the retarded mind controlled TV addicts, we all know the type... problem is, these people are too dumb to even care... this whole thing is blowing up in MSM's face, let big pharma keep filling their pockets... future is coming fast...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), seko (21st April 2014), spiritguide (21st April 2014)

16. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

My stance for weed (or other shamanic & medicinal tools) is neutral, I'm not a user, but I am against the war on consciousness.

Listen to the great Graham Hancock...

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

annacherie (21st April 2014), Carmen (20th April 2014), DeDukshyn (20th April 2014), Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), joeecho (20th April 2014), seko (21st April 2014)

18. Link to Post #31
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Imo the problem is real estate and damages to be claimed and economics, if I understand correctly, a third of the US prison population is in there because of possession, meaning 1 3rth of prisons would close down, together with all the jobs that would be lost and all the people that depend on the prison system, food, guards, social workers, bail dudes, parole officers, judges, lawyers, big pharma, construction, security system development, police, if you look at it from an economics perspective its way more lucrative to keep it illegal, I think the economics would have to balance out before a real step can be made towards legalization, is the revenue generated by legalization equal or does surpass the revenue by keeping it illegal. That's the question I think.

Dealers obviously would be on the side of the law if it stays illegal, if you can grow your own dealers would be out of business in no time, not too hard to imagine who the real big boys are is it, we all know their faces and they wear suits and they are on tv and usually neck deep in politics, its not in their interest to help you with a cheap smoke by growing your own, since they make money on the sell side and on the punishment side, its a closed loop and they want to stay in control of it, its a frikkin goldmine, very unwanted but pretty clever actually, non taxable income is way preferable above taxable income, which is exactly what legalization would mean, taxable income, yechhh

Imagine all the people in jail for simple possession claim damages for the trauma of being imprisoned, it will be in the many many billions, there goes the chance of a balanced budget.
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 20th April 2014 at 16:08.

19. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

I find this to be discusting and inhumane.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

joeecho (20th April 2014), spiritguide (21st April 2014)

21. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

As to the thread's question, it's an interesting idea, but I remain slightly skeptical. Seems to me the best way to "false flag" legalized weed would be to scare the #$% out of the populace with "gang warfare." A few random overdoses and shootings here and there isn't going to significantly sway public opinion enough to roll back the law, IMO -- they didn't need to legalize weed to demonize it.

I like dpwishy's statements in the thread, actually. I'm a regular user of marijuana but I've noticed that when I abstain from using it, my meditation is much more productive and my mind feels less polluted. Sorry to say it -- I don't necessarily like it, either, but that's what I've found to be true in my experience.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outerheaven For This Post:

DeDukshyn (20th April 2014), jbins (20th April 2014)

23. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by outerheaven (here)
    As to the thread's question, it's an interesting idea, but I remain slightly skeptical. Seems to me the best way to "false flag" legalized weed would be to scare the #$% out of the populace with "gang warfare." A few random overdoses and shootings here and there isn't going to significantly sway public opinion enough to roll back the law, IMO -- they didn't need to legalize weed to demonize it.

I like dpwishy's statements in the thread, actually. I'm a regular user of marijuana but I've noticed that when I abstain from using it, my meditation is much more productive and my mind feels less polluted. Sorry to say it -- I don't necessarily like it, either, but that's what I've found to be true in my experience.
    There is a fine balance between meeting agendas and keeping the confidence of the people that you can keep them relatively safe, else you just get voted out and / or fired for doing a lousy job.

That said, I say expect some escalations in the areas you mentioned as well.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

outerheaven (21st April 2014)

25. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    A bit of a shame this thread went the direction it did ... let's try to start again with the thread topic??

The topic of this thread is more about the crazy tactics utilized for no other purpose than to control via belief and propaganda, but even more-so, the liberal use of how "problem - reaction - solution" tactic of theirs plays on our judgements and opinions without any facts or understanding.

Use media to program judgements and opinions without fact, and our emotions against us that defend the above, to facilitate easier use of problem-reaction-solution, to help them get whatever they want. It doesn't matter in this context as to whether you support marijuana or not - don't be distracted by the judgment level of things.

My 2 cents.
    I agree. Thank you for saying this. I ask that we please keep this thread on topic of how the media could potentially be using Colorado as a pawn. Let's just use the thread to continue that discussion.

In light of that, I link you to two articles written today. Both end with the claims of pot potentially killing/poisoning people and being a danger.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...#axzz2zUGe12za

WHOOPS: EDIT because I accidentally posted the same link twice. Quick copy and paste error.

http://news.yahoo.com/public-smoke-m...230854120.html
    Last edited by Zaya; 21st April 2014 at 13:45.
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

DeDukshyn (21st April 2014), Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014)

27. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

It is also important to keep in mind that there is a very real, very vocal part of the population that does not like the legalization of marijuana. These people didn't just disappear after Colorado and Washington legalized it. They will be screaming after every negative incident involving pot to try to influence public opinion away from further legalization.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outerheaven For This Post:

Elainie (25th April 2014), Zaya (21st April 2014)

29. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...est-as-treatm/

Interesting article about veterans who are wanting to get it tested for PTSD treatment, but the Veteran's affairs refuse to do testing until it is no longer illegal under federal law.

Quote “As marijuana use is still a federal offense, VA will not provide for use or conduct research with illegal substances regardless of state laws,” said Gina Jackson, a spokeswoman for the VA.
    Quote IAVA also is trying to ensure that veterans prescribed medical marijuana in states where it’s legal are protected from federal prosecution.
    “We want the most effective treatments being given to patients as it would help them. Right now, we need to know research behind whether it’s an effective treatment to injuries of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and give them the ability to fill prescriptions shielded from federal law,” Ms. Augustine said.
    Although any veteran can get access to marijuana in Colorado where recreational pot is legal, Mr. Azzariti said, some hesitate to use the drug because it could expose them to federal punishment, including loss of VA benefits.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz2ze2JdhfE
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

30. Link to Post #38
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

i dont think legalization is fair because the government will tax it exponentially. and they will probably put artificial ingredients in the joints like they do with cigarettes.
    i also dont think its fair because its like them giving me permission to do what i already do at my own leisure.. i dont need big gov regulating my sweet mary jane.
    you should assume from my attitude that I'm a habitual smoker of the good old mary-jew-wana. im perfectly comfortable picking it up from my buddy that i trust rather then some dude at a shop whos getting a bi weekly paycheck..

31. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Two new articles anti-pot.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/marijuana-...9.html#W43nTPk

Quote Young adults who smoke marijuana may be at risk for serious or even fatal heart problems, according to a study by French researchers on Wednesday.
    The findings in the Journal of the American Heart Association raises new concerns about the safety of marijuana, just as many parts of the world are relaxing laws on its use and medicinal marijuana is gaining popularity for treating certain health conditions.

The risk of heart complications appeared small in the study, which included nearly 2,000 people who sought medical attention for complications related to marijuana from 2006 to 2010.

Of those, two percent, or 35 people, had heart attacks or circulation problems related to arteries in the brain and limbs.
    Of greater concern was the high death rate. One in four of the patients with cardiovascular complications died, said the researchers.
    The analysis also found that the percentage of reported cardiovascular complications more than tripled from 2006 to 2010.

"The general public thinks marijuana is harmless, but information revealing the potential health dangers of marijuana use needs to be disseminated to the public, policymakers and healthcare providers," said lead author Emilie Jouanjus, a medical faculty member at the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Toulouse in Toulouse, France.

"There is now compelling evidence on the growing risk of marijuana-associated adverse cardiovascular effects, especially in young people," Jouanjus said.
    Doctors should be aware of the heart risks and consider marijuana use as a potential contributor to cardiovascular disease in some patients, said Jouanjus.

People with pre-existing conditions appeared most vulnerable, the study added.
    Valentin Fuster, director of Mount Sinai Heart and Physician-in-Chief of The Mount Sinai Hospital, said the study appeared to support some observations he has made at his own clinic in New York City.

"I am concerned about cannabis because we are running a clinic of young people who come to us with coronary artery disease. I have seen a number of cases in whom I was not able to identify any other risk other than the use of cannabis," said Fuster, who was not involved in the research.
    "So I think this registry in France supports the issue that cannabis is not free of danger," he added.

"I am not sure if it is more risky than tobacco cigarette smoking or less, but one thing is clear, it's affecting young people."
    Allen Taylor, professor of medicine at Georgetown University School of Medicine, said the overall risk of heart problems from marijuana remains unclear.
    "This study shows a some preliminary evidence of cardiovascular harm from marijuana but isn't conclusive. The study's limitations are important in that we can't know how high the risk is, just that there is a signal of risk between marijuana smoking and heart troubles," he said.
    Taylor added that more research needs to be done to assess the risks posed by marijuana.

"It is a shame that we simply don't know more about a substance that potentially carries the risk of serious bodily harm. It seems that public perception is ahead of the science. We should remain open to the scientific facts as they evolve."
    A lot of really silly assumptions in this article, but at least they address it somewhat in the end by admitting their research is not conclusive at all. Still, it plants the seed that it IS true by publishing it this way and entering this information into the collective consciousness.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...on_787325.html

Quote A study by the National Institute on Drug Abuse found that "[m]arijuana use makes tobacco use more pleasurable and may increase the user’s risk for becoming addicted to nicotine." Experiments involving rats found that those animals exposed to THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, self-administered nicotine at higher rates than rats with no such exposure. This connection raises concern that pot may be a "gateway" drug to nicotine.

During the experiments, the subjects that had been exposed to THC were significantly more inclined to self-administer nicotine after ten sessions than those subjects who were not exposed to THC.

Earlier studies have documented the connection between marijuana and cigarette use, but the results of this experiment seem to indicate the connection goes beyond personal, social, and environmental reasons to suggest a pharmacological link:

Most marijuana users smoke cigarettes, and about 1 in 5 individuals who use both substances (1 in 3 among African Americans) used marijuana first. In one recent study, adolescents who used marijuana weekly were more likely than less frequent marijuana users or nonusers to initiate tobacco use. These patterns occur in part because some of the same personal traits and social and environmental exposures that lead people to use marijuana also influence them to try other drugs. The new findings suggest that marijuana use itself, independently of these influences, predisposes users to become regular smokers, increasing their odds of becoming addicted to nicotine.
    Quote The recent drive for legalization of marijuana, successful in Colorado and Washington, and the apparent softening of the Obama administration's attitude of law enforcement regarding the drug has refocused attention on the potential long- and short-term effects of increased usage. With society's increased intolerance for cigarette and nicotine use even as toleration of marijuana use increases, the results of these experiments may add a new dimension to the debate.
    This article is very interesting to me because it seems to be indicating that a negative aspect to smoking pot is that it could lead to smoking cigarettes. However, cigarettes are legal. We give citizens the choice to smoke them despite health risks and NO health benefits. I actually smoked cigarettes before I ever tried pot as a teenager, and if anything, having smoked cigarettes made the choice to try pot easier. All I'm getting at here is that it isn't really fair to criticize pot for the potential to make you want to smoke other things that you legally have a choice to smoke. It doesn't make sense to me.

32. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

I realize that this article is NOT in any way related to pot, but I didn't want to start a new thread for it mainly because it feeds back into my suspicion that Colorado is being set up for controversy in some way. I feel that the cabal is using Colorado in their big scheme somehow. This article did not sit well with me and pinged my radar, so to speak. It seems totally out of left field as well.

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/04/2...n-under-allah/

Quote HS Students Say Pledge In Arabic: ‘One Nation Under Allah’
    Posted on 28 April, 2014 by Rick Wells
    588 rocky mountain high 610

The principal at Rocky Mountain High School in Fort Collins, Colorado, is facing a hailstorm of criticism from some very angry parents and residents.

The school recites the Pledge of Allegiance weekly, on Mondays. Last Monday, a member of their “Cultural Arms Club” led the student body in an Arabic version of the pledge, replacing the words “under God” with “under Allah.”

Principal Tom Lopez denies any attempt to push an Islamic agenda, saying, “These students love this country. They were not being un-American in trying to do this. They believed they were accentuating the meaning of the words as spoken regularly in English.”

Principal Lopez doesn’t make any sense. Speaking unintelligible words in Arabic in some way accentuates their meaning? That is an extremely weak argument in defense of an ill-advised decision.

He said the cultural clubs seeks to “destroy the barriers, embrace the cultures” that exist within the high school.

That would translate into “destroy the barriers to Islam and embrace it,” correct, Mr. Lopez?

The Poudre School District communications director, Danielle Clark, said they understand why parents are upset. She told Fox News, “We understand not everybody would agree with the students’ choice. We’ve heard there are some who are upset.”

Let’s put his into perspective for the feeble-minded Clark and Lopez. It is not the student’s choice. They do not control the public address system. It was a school choice.

Her simplistic defense included a reference to “one” supportive email and a reference to a similar mistake last year which drew controversy when the pledge was recited in Spanish. Somehow not learning from and expanding upon your previous mistakes is perceived as a viable defense for these educators.

An abdication of responsibility is also part of their defense. Clark attempted to pass the buck of responsibility to the students, saying, “This is a student-initiated and student-led club. There is no school sponsor or advisor. It doesn’t come under the umbrella of the district.”

Actually, the activity of reciting the pledge does come under the district. Choosing to put it into the hands of a group not regulated by their administrators does not provide absolution.

“We deferred to the students because it’s their deal,” she said.

One cultural club member, professing to not understand the controversy is Skyler Bowden. Bowden simplistically told The Coloradoan, “No matter what language it’s said in, pledging your allegiance to the United States is the same in every language.”

Given their youth, the high school students might understandably not recognize the problems with proclaiming America as “one nation under Allah.” The grownups should and they ought to be controlling the activity.

The Muslim Brotherhood front group CAIR chimed in saying, “Obviously in Arabic, you would use the word Allah, but Christian Arabs would use the word Allah.” Their spokesperson, Ibrahim Hooper, claimed use of the word Allah is “not necessarily specific to Islam and Muslims.” From an American point of view, it is, whether he is technically correct or not, to Americans, in America, it’s a specific Muslim and Islamic reference.

As if to reinforce the idiocy of reciting the pledge in another language, Clark said she did not hear the pledge and does not speak Arabic so she could not confirm exactly what words were used.

Lopez said he has been getting a variety of accusations leveled at him, including being called a traitor. He said, “They claim they are outraged, that this is blaspheming a real major tenet of our patriotism – which in their mind the Pledge of Allegiance is only in English.”

He said he’s also been accused of “pushing a Muslim Brotherhood agenda – to push Islam into the school.” He denies that was behind the decision.

CAIR representative Hooper told Fox News he was dumbfounded by complaints about the Arabic version of the pledge.

“How on earth is it un-American to recite the Pledge of Allegiance in another language,” Hooper asked. “It doesn’t make sense unless the people complaining are anti-Muslim or anti-middle eastern bigots.”

It just might be that Americans recognize the Islamic agenda, Mr. Hooper, and are tired of having it forced upon them. Maybe we know what you are up to and people are pushing back.

Principal Lopez said all of the criticism and complaints had him “worn down.”

Playing the tolerance card, Lopez labeled himself as the victim, stating, “I’ve been shocked with prejudicial statements that have been made. I’ve been shocked with the lack of seeking understanding. There’s definitely suspicion and fear expressed in these people’s minds. There’s some hate.”

One resident, Chris Wells put it in terms even educator Lopez could understand. Writing in The Daily Coloradoan, he said, “As a veteran and a friend of a man killed defending these children in their little games they like to play with our pledge, I’m offended. There are things that we don’t mess with – among them are the pledge and our anthem.”

Rick Wells is a conservative author who believes an adherence the U.S. Constitution would solve many of today’s problems. “Like” him on Facebook and “Follow” him on Twitter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast