+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: The War on Pot - Denver is a Pawn

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

Default The War on Pot - Denver is a Pawn

Since I do not want to further derail the thread on the negative effects of pot on the brain/memory thread, I am going to go ahead and start this one in order to keep up with what I believe is going to be the war on pot.

As mentioned in the other thread, I have had a very intense feeling about the government using Colorado as an "example" to take the fall to once and for all "prove" that pot is a "killer" and should not be legal.

I have long believed that the PTB do not want the people to have it for many reasons, the main ones being:
    -- Its ability to open your mind and your sense of perception. They want us where we are. Not questioning. Not thinking creatively.
    --Its natural ability to create spiritual experiences.
    -- Its natural ability to heal. Big pharma has a lot at stake here.

I know that Colorado was not the first state to legalize recreational pot (Washington was first), but there was almost NO main stream media coverage of Washington for some reason. Why? If there is anything I know about main stream media it is that it is paid for by the PTB and that we only see what they want us to see on it.

Well, what have we seen since the legalization? Countless stories about how much money the weed is making the state, and how they are using it for good. All kinds of coverage (almost daily) about how great it is going. Why? I believe to set it up for a big fall.

I have been monitoring the news on this, and I believe the fall has started. I will repost the links from the other thread just to keep an archive here. I want to use this thread to discuss how the media is covering Colorado's progress as recreational marijuana is being showcased by them.

First, a man apparently ALLEGEDLY ate an edible candy and then shot his wife:
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...1-pot/7859749/

Then, in the same day, a 19 year old who had driven to Colorado to "try pot for the first time" with his friends ate too many pot cookies, went crazy, and jumped to his death.
    http://nypost.com/2014/04/17/student...-too-much-pot/

Now, articles are popping up everywhere about the negative psychoactive effects of pot. This one peaked my interest the most:
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-18-17-34-13

(note that the link indicates the article is called "US Re-thinking Pot Deaths?" even though the article itself never indicates that anyone is rethinking the legalization of recreational weed. I found that interesting...)

Some quotes from the article that are planting the seeds:

Quote Studies are mixed about whether there is any link between marijuana and violence. Still, pot legalization opponents said the deaths are a sign of future dangers.
    Quote Twenty-six people have reported poisonings from marijuana edibles this year, when the center started tracking such exposures. Six were children who swallowed innocent-looking edibles, most of which were in plain sight.
    Quote Children were nauseous and sleepy, and doctors worried about their respiratory systems shutting down.
    Quote "Sadly, we're going to start to understand over time all of the damage and all of the problems associated with marijuana," said Thornton police Sgt. Jim Gerhardt, speaking in his capacity as a board member of the Colorado Drug Investigators Association. "It's going to dispel the myth that there's no downside, that there's no side effect, to this drug. It's sad that people are going to have to be convinced with the blood of Coloradans
    This says it all here. "The blood of Coloradans"... That one really got me. It seems the policeman believes his state is being used as a sacrifice?

Anyway, please discuss. I will be adding more articles as they arise (which I feel confident that they will.)
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

cursichella1 (11th June 2014), Dawn (23rd April 2014), DeDukshyn (19th April 2014), genevieve (19th April 2014), grannyfranny100 (19th April 2014), Jayren (19th April 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th April 2014), joeecho (19th April 2014), Lefty Dave (19th April 2014), Matt P (19th April 2014), NancyV (20th April 2014), Nasu (2nd May 2014), onawah (19th April 2014), Pam (23rd April 2014), penn (20th April 2014), Rocky_Shorz (19th April 2014), scarletfire (21st April 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014), sigma6 (20th April 2014), ulli (20th April 2014), william r sanford72 (19th April 2014), Wind (20th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: The War on Pot - Denver is a Pawn

We've got an inside mole probably specializing in edibles and doing stuff to it to stop the legalization. They know it can be grown w/out any chemicals and is safe, but if you mix embalming fluid/angel dust, then the person can become overheated and suffer a psychotic episode. That's why most pot smokers want it safe. Anyone can put something in it and ruin the laws for medical and personal usage. Safer not to have so many playing around it with greed as a motive. Allow the people to safely grow their own and decriminalize possession of the plants.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Elainie (19th April 2014), genevieve (19th April 2014), Joanne Shepard (19th April 2014), JoePiscapo (23rd April 2014), NancyV (20th April 2014), onawah (19th April 2014), penn (20th April 2014), seko (20th April 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014), soleil (22nd April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (19th April 2014), thunder24 (19th April 2014), Wind (20th April 2014), Zaya (19th April 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Question? With centuries of cannabis use in all manners, why all of a sudden the reports of this behavior when there has been none before the legalization? Sounds like those making money off of it illegally want to keep the status quo at the cost to society. How can logical people outlaw plants? How long will it be before one cannot cultivate without express government permission or license?

It's about freedom and whether we can attain it and keep it.

Peace!
    Perceive beyond the box!

" A warm handshake and a smile will lift more people than any elevator in the world. " - L. Hamel

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

genevieve (19th April 2014), joeecho (19th April 2014), noxon medem (19th April 2014), raregem (19th April 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014), soleil (22nd April 2014), tgn333 (20th April 2014), thunder24 (19th April 2014), william r sanford72 (19th April 2014), Wind (20th April 2014), Zaya (19th April 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

I believe it's not even about the "drug" at all, the issue of "legalization" is an industry all to itself now. A nice distraction for the masses for "news consumption" feeding the machine that is the national politics reality show that gives Americans the illusion of freedom.

Welcome to "gay marriage 2014"...don't feed the hype. This crap is all only an issue cuz "they" made it one, it's become as profitable to have it legal as it is to fight the war on pot, so there's money to be made in the "battle" itself for awhile. Collateral damage is truth (in either side of the debate)

Freedom? Ha, what's that? There's a saying lots of American really seem to resonate with: freedom isn't free. Says it all right there
    Last edited by donk; 19th April 2014 at 16:23.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Big pharmas only recourse here is the smear campaign in the media haha. Guess what, its not working!! 25,000 people died of acetametaphine overdose in America last year, where are the news stories on that? People are dropping dead from popping opiates left and right, where are the news stories on that? These Doctors are state sanctioned drug dealers, they get countless patients hooked on opiates by perscribing powerful forms of synthetic heroine like Oxycontin, percocet , etc. Working in the herbal wellness industry, i see it everyday
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

DNA (19th April 2014), genevieve (19th April 2014), joeecho (19th April 2014), onawah (19th April 2014), Pam (5th June 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014), sigma6 (20th April 2014), spiritguide (22nd April 2014), thunder24 (19th April 2014), Wind (20th April 2014), Zaya (19th April 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Everybody keep calm,
    and remember who won
    the Super Bowl

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Quote Posted by Koyaanisqatsi (here)
    Big pharmas only recourse here is the smear campaign in the media haha. Guess what, its not working!! 25,000 people died of acetametaphine overdose in America last year, where are the news stories on that? People are dropping dead from popping opiates left and right, where are the news stories on that? These Doctors are state sanctioned drug dealers, they get countless patients hooked on opiates by perscribing powerful forms of synthetic heroine like Oxycontin, percocet , etc. Working in the herbal wellness industry, i see it everyday
    This sums it all up here!

You can apply this concept to any number of disciplines.

It all boils down to CONTROL.

Follow the money trail. PTB are try to hide the trail under some kind of 'morals'/ 'greater good'.

My hope is that a greater number of people are awaking to this big CON game!

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 times in 178 posts

Personally, marijuana was the hardest spiritual battle for me to over come. This is coming from a consumer and grower of twelve years. IMO it's one of the trickiest entities as it gives the false sense of spiritual progression, all while the user stays stagnant. I do see the use in consuming as a shamanic dose a couple times a year but anything more is a harm. It takes more than thirty days after the high for your astral self and chakras to work right. At least with drinking you can see the harm, marijuana is very sly. In a time in the early 1900's when it could have opened consciousness, it was made illegal. In a time where everyone is waking up, it's made legal. This is not a mistake nor the voice of the people. It's a calculated attack in your awakening. I see a majority of highly spiritual souls caught in this trap.

It's a false light that mimics the feelings we get with source connection. It synthetically hits on these desires to reconnect with who we are. If it has a beginning or an end it's a false light.

Also when you start interacting at higher levels and with aspects of the self you will notice how much lies and deceiving goes on when these are still in the system.

A legit medical issue is a whole nother thing. But as recreation and as a spiritual path, be careful

In divine friendship,
    Your brother,
    Michael
    Last edited by dpwishy; 19th April 2014 at 17:11.
    Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.
    Herein lies the peace of God....

13. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

blufire (19th April 2014), Carmen (19th April 2014), Conehead (20th April 2014), DNA (19th April 2014), Elainie (19th April 2014), Heartsong (21st April 2014), leavesoftrees (23rd April 2014), onawah (19th April 2014), Roisin (19th April 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014), soleil (22nd April 2014), ulli (20th April 2014), william r sanford72 (19th April 2014), Wind (20th April 2014)

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Everybody keep calm,
    and remember who won
    the Super Bowl

At first I thought from your post....yeah baby! My hometown team won the Superbowl.....GO HAWKS!

But then, just as quickly, back to reality.....it's just a diversion in a multifaceted diversional project for 'the great unwashed' as they view us to be.

“Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their ****ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!”
    ― Bill Hicks

15. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

If people want freedom they have to take it.
    And that includes having a good attitude to avoid insanity.

I thought the SB brought huge good press to the industry in WA.
    People can laugh and mock, but gee, the potheads kicked everyone's asses.

And people made fun of Michael Phelps too, I guess he had "false religious experience" and "false light" etc.

Come to think of it, I guess all my trances and experiences before and after joining PA were just some devil toying with me,
    and not because marijuana gave me anything "extra".

Can you detect my sarcasm yet?

P.s. since God is considered the creator (and us too I guess?), and he created weed, and he intended it to be enjoyed and used,
    am I less close to God because of using his gift of weed, to help with stress/anxiety/stomach upset/pain?

I think people who are in good health and are not military vets should not necessarily be in this debate...
    It's like the taskmaster saying the slaves have poor posture.

p.s. let me find my hair shirt and flagella and we will have a good day without pot.

Your morality = so much self abuse to me lol
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 19th April 2014 at 17:22.

16. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dpwishy (here)
    Personally, marijuana was the hardest spiritual battle for me to over come. This is coming from a consumer and grower of twelve years. IMO it's one of the trickiest entities as it gives the false sense of spiritual progression, all while the user stays stagnant. I do see the use in consuming as a shamanic dose a couple times a year but anything more is a harm. It takes more than thirty days after the high for your astral self and chakras to work right. At least with drinking you can see the harm, marijuana is very sly. In a time in the early 1900's when it could have opened consciousness, it was made illegal. In a time where everyone is waking up, it's made legal. This is not a mistake nor the voice of the people. It's a calculated attack in your awakening. I see a majority of highly spiritual souls caught in this trap.

It's a false light that mimics the feelings we get with source connection. It synthetically hits on these desires to reconnect with who we are. If it has a beginning or an end it's a false light.

Also when you start interacting at higher levels and with aspects of the self you will notice how much lies and deceiving goes on when these are still in the system.

A legit medical issue is a whole nother thing. But as recreation and as a spiritual path, be careful

In divine friendship,
    Your brother,
    Michael
    I know you said, "Personally...." and "IMO...." But then it appears that you start to speak with authority from your years of experience and spiritual growth. But I also hope you realize that yours is not the universal experience of those that have partake of his herbal bud. Don't underestimate the power of the ........ (the word to insert here is a tricky one).

17. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)

P.s. since God is considered the creator (and us too I guess?), and he created weed, and he intended it to be enjoyed
    That's a pretty big assumption, which would only work if this reality was created by god, but what if it wasn't? What if This is a simulation that mimics in order to trick and deceive? It's all set up for you to search for spiritual attainment in the material devices, which is a contradiction. You will never attain a lasting spiritual connection in the spiritual that is based on a material realm method. The spirit can only be truly accessed by spirit.

In divine friendship,
    Your brother,
    -michael
    Nothing unreal exists.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

DNA (19th April 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014)

19. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

"Be certain that it is impossible God and the ego, or yourself and it, will EVER meet. You SEEM to meet, and make your strange alliances, on grounds that have no meaning. For your beliefs converge upon the body, the ego's chosen home, which you believe is YOURS. You meet at a mistake; an error in your self-appraisal. The ego joins with an illusion of yourself you SHARE with it. And yet illusions cannot join. They are the same, and they are nothing. Their joining lies in nothingness; two are as meaningless as one, or as a thousand. The ego joins with nothing, BEING nothing. The victory it seeks is meaningless as it self."

I know I'm probably seen as a shill, I just love you all very dearly, ill back away. Blessing and light

In divine friendship,
    Your brother,
    Michael
    Nothing unreal exists.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

DNA (19th April 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014)

21. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

"The spirit can only be truly accessed by spirit."

That sentence suggests an equivalence with ego. That is not my knowing of Spirit. Spirit can never be split so that Spirit can access Spirit. Spirit is Spirit and you can never extend it without making it an illusion.

22. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

In divine friendship,
    Your brother,
    Michael
    I'm with you on this one and your clarity on this is astounding! Pot's a beautiful thing, once in a great while for those special occasions. Some of my most insightful and memorable conversations with people have occurred when passing a joint around.
    I'm perfectly fine with it being legalized though .... for most of the same reasons everyone else here is pointing out.... specifically, taking it out of the hands of Mexican Drug Cartels.
    Last edited by Roisin; 19th April 2014 at 18:35.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

DNA (19th April 2014), Shezbeth (19th April 2014), ulli (20th April 2014), Wind (20th April 2014)

24. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

‏@Ron_White - 4/20 Easter is going to be 4 pot smokers what New Years is for drinkers...

Last edited by Rocky_Shorz; 19th April 2014 at 18:34.

25. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,974 times in 4,336 posts

I haven't smoked in twenty years. but when I did I had HUGELY beneficial effects.
    My question is this.
    Do you think the new strains of genetically modified pot are doing this more negative stuff you are talking about.

Just curious

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Shezbeth (19th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (19th April 2014)

27. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

you guys realize that medical patients can have like 30 OZs in some states per 60 days, something crazy like that?

which means that the amount they are expected to access is so much greater than the casual smoker, literally many OZs more.
    casual to me = a joint w/ friends. A joint delivers a very huge hit of marijuana and it gets stronger as the joint burns.

Bongs are very much like O/D too much weed at once for some people although they are wonderful to experience.

Some doctors who Rx weed say that smoking is "safer than eating because of dosage control", i.e. with a small pipe,
    a patient like me can put a very small amount into there and have a fraction of the hit that a joint or bong would give.

Now, what I am saying is, although I smoke way more often than "casuals", I use less at one time.
    and way way way less than a cancer patient would use.

in fact i have to be so careful with rationing that it's not even very much fun,
    but there are days when I need it and there are days that I don't.

Stress Disorder and Autism are physical problems, not just spiritual.
    The body remembers pain and fear even when the spirit is ready to move on.

What if I told you that marijuana has kept me from thoughts of suicide?
    would you still tell me that's it's "not as good as a main line to God"?

I am so sick of others telling me (I grew up Christian and hated most of it) that because of a plant I have a lesser relationship with God than they do.
    How presumptuous.

Yes, I am proud and a loudmouth, but if God woke me up in the night and said "Go do my bidding", I hope that I would listen.
    When push comes to shove I hope the non-smokers can put their money where their mouths are.
    Pun intended.

p.s. humans were given the ability to know right and wrong without talking to God btw

p.p.s. if i was a real shaman, i.e. confident in my abilities, i would use any drug i had to in order to help people. end of story.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 19th April 2014 at 19:32.

28. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Quote I know that Colorado was not the first state to legalize recreational pot (Washington was first), but there was almost NO main stream media coverage of Washington for some reason. Why? If there is anything I know about main stream media it is that it is paid for by the PTB and that we only see what they want us to see on it.
    Colorado furthered their legalization by allowing personal cultivation of up to 6 plants and I believe Colorado’s huge tourist industry (ski resorts) also has a huge factor in media coverage.

Quote My question is this.
    Do you think the new strains of genetically modified pot are doing this more negative stuff you are talking about.
    I feel this is very accurate deduction. Any time products are ‘mass produced’ it changes the whole nature of the original product. Our food is a good indicator and look at how smoking tobacco has radically changed from the original tobacco plant.

I have grown both tobacco and cannabis and neither look remotely like what is grown today.

I’m always fascinated that even on this forum where we supposedly are ‘awake and aware’ most still work and think from the box that has been built for us. Why do most still feel cannabis has to be legal to use?

If I need any medicinal or culinary herb I either grown it or educate myself where to find and harvest it from the wild. I do not need a government to give me permission to responsibly take care of myself or those around me.

The biggest (if not only) problem and ‘catch I see is if money is involved then the government steps in to regulate. If you don’t sell it or become greedy or flaunt what you are doing there is no harm no foul.

Break out of the ‘box’ people . . be logical . . . be smart.

29. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    Quote I know that Colorado was not the first state to legalize recreational pot (Washington was first), but there was almost NO main stream media coverage of Washington for some reason. Why? If there is anything I know about main stream media it is that it is paid for by the PTB and that we only see what they want us to see on it.
    Colorado furthered their legalization by allowing personal cultivation of up to 6 plants and I believe Colorado’s huge tourist industry (ski resorts) also has a huge factor in media coverage.

Quote My question is this.
    I feel this is very accurate deduction. Any time products are ‘mass produced’ it changes the whole nature of the original product. Our food is a good indicator and look at how smoking tobacco has radically changed from the original tobacco plant.

I have grown both tobacco and cannabis and neither look remotely like what is grown today.

I’m always fascinated that even on this forum where we supposedly are ‘awake and aware’ most still work and think from the box that has been built for us. Why do most still feel cannabis has to be legal to use?

If I need any medicinal or culinary herb I either grown it or educate myself where to find and harvest it from the wild. I do not need a government to give me permission to responsibly take care of myself or those around me.

The biggest (if not only) problem and ‘catch I see is if money is involved then the government steps in to regulate. If you don’t sell it or become greedy or flaunt what you are doing there is no harm no foul.

Break out of the ‘box’ people . . be logical . . . be smart.
    the casinos in Washington have this trouble too, the federal Indian Reservations don't typically allow pot (!!!!!!!!!wtf!!!!!!!!!) --

but it was still legalized etc. in spite of the big clout of the naysayers.

and people still go to casinos and to coops

IMO Yakima Nation needs to become the world's biggest weed farmers.
    w/ the windmills and hot temps solar energy and wind powered gros would be so awesome.

Imagine the possibilities -- how much $$$ they could raise for USA,
    if we were able to export it etc. and have a good deal like the people with oil money do (like Kuwait), that would be amazing.

too bad the hippies weren't able to get something like that rolling --
    all 420 friendly people get a check from the Gov for their share of exported weed.

@@

so the non smokers could just sell their portion to China.

etc.

p.s. i would LOVE to own the first Vertical Pot Farm in a highrise building.

p.s. as a person with varying degrees of Internet Addiction I should be honest and say, mixing MJ with internet addiction is not a great plan. until we learn more about what's been going on w/ psyops etc
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 19th April 2014 at 20:02.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast