+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missing the Point

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,966 times in 1,288 posts

Default Missing the Point

I have read many accounts and seen many videos and heard interviews concerning what the public refer to as UFOs and so called alien agenda.

Many of the aforementioned are missing the point. Look around you, look at yourselves, look at the lives many lead, look at the natural environment, look at the social behaviour of ourselves, look at the division, look at the wars, look at the evil that people do, and then ask yourselves have I missed the point of why they are here? Is it all falling on deaf ears?

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

Aragorn (20th April 2014), birddog (22nd April 2014), chocolate (20th April 2014), cursichella1 (21st April 2014), Fairy Friend (20th April 2014), ghostrider (20th April 2014), markpierre (20th April 2014), Mercedes (20th April 2014), mosquito (21st April 2014), Shezbeth (20th April 2014), Sidney (21st April 2014), Snoweagle (20th April 2014), Sunny-side-up (20th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (20th April 2014), Zampano (20th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,807 times in 413 posts

Default Re: Missing the Point

The two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

We can be expressions of the greater power than lives within us all without ignoring what certain aliens are doing to our people right now. We can restore the lush natural environment of this world without keeping our heads in the sand when it comes to visitors from other planets. We can work to better ourselves and help our fellow human beings and still be cautious, aware and discerning when dealing with outside forces.

Remember why you are here, but don't forget about what's happening all around you. Humanity is not alone in the universe. The alien topic is vital to everything we do on this planet.
    -
    The Steps to Knowledge Spiritual Practice: Hear your Spirit. Taking the steps to Knowledge ... will teach you how to listen within yourself.
    -
    The Great Waves of Change: Are you ready for what's to come?
    -
    The Best Alien Disclosure Information Around: "Though the visitors have a superior technology, the success of their entire mission rests upon their ability to persuade and to encourage human allegiance. You have the power to resist this."

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to S-L For This Post:

bogeyman (27th April 2014), Chris Gilbert (21st April 2014), cursichella1 (21st April 2014), Mercedes (20th April 2014), Oouthere (20th April 2014), raregem (20th April 2014), Shezbeth (20th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st April 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,592 times in 6,628 posts

maybe that's the point , live on earth , and be totally ignorant of your situation and surroundings , and see what happens to a person that is disconnected from reality ... ignorance is bliss , well we must have a lot of bliss our there ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

bogeyman (27th April 2014), cursichella1 (21st April 2014), Oouthere (20th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st April 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 times in 369 posts

Ghost, you could be right. Sort of like a high level video game that is used when we get bored in spirit. Of course it could also be a prison, hard to really know.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oouthere For This Post:

bogeyman (27th April 2014), cursichella1 (21st April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st April 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member rgray222's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,913 times in 1,006 posts

I have a completely different take on things.

Look at the goodness of mankind, look at the people that are starting to care about the planet, look at the people that are trying to find solutions to sickness, poverty, corruption, greed. Mankind has come an extremely long in the last two hundred years. Mankind is finally figuring out that our actions have consequences to our planet and to the people that live on planet earth. The vast majority of people living on this planet today are good, honest and caring people. Most people care about others and wish no harm to come to humanity. Most people want to advance their understanding of their purpose in life and their place in the universe.

They are not here because of the evil that resides in the few, they are here to examine the goodness that resides in most. They are here because we are getting close to joining the greater community.

I don't believe that any advance civilization has eradicated sickness, corruption, crime and power hungry leaders. They best they can probably do is marginalize these ills in their own society. It would be foolish to think that even an advanced civilization has found or created perfection.

Our destiny is getting closer and that is why this planet is being visited. Not because of evil but because of the overwhelming goodness.

The mainstream media does not want people to see the goodness of mankind, they want us to believe that our end and our inevitable demise is imminent. They want us to believe that we are always on the verge of WWIII. They very rarely highlight mankind's achievement. In essence the media want to do our thinking for us, they don't want us to look around and see the truth, which is completely different from what they tell us day after day.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

bogeyman (27th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st April 2014), ulli (21st April 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    The vast majority of people living on this planet today are good, honest and caring people. Most people care about others and wish no harm to come to humanity. Most people want to advance their understanding of their purpose in life and their place in the universe.
    Except that those same 'good, honest, and caring people' are woefully selective and restrictive of those for whom they express this 'goodness, honesty, and caring'. Such expressions go right out the window over the most basic disagreements and contention. People lie (rationalize, deceive, mislead, misunderstand, etc.) to eachother and themselves on a daily basis in the interest of maintain their perceptions of themselves and their reputations, as evidenced by the work of Paul Ekman.

People are want to care for others, just so long as those others express views, dispositions, etc. that are consistent with their own and it is convenient to do so (granted, there are differences in an individual's perception of 'convenience'). Just look at how police and other forms of govt. enforcers are cared for by the judiciary when engaging in violence and brutality against 'suspects'. Look at the complicity prevalent in/around the actions of the royalty, the church, the oligachs, etc. and the blatant apologia expressed by the teeming masses!

Good? Laughable rhetoric! I would have it that what you say were true, but in light of troves of available contrary evidence I find your assertions to be less than uniform in the least, and grossly unsupportable in most.

Maybe I'm missing the point.

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member rgray222's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,913 times in 1,006 posts

Quote Posted by Shezbeth (here)
    Quote Posted by rgray222 (here)
    The vast majority of people living on this planet today are good, honest and caring people. Most people care about others and wish no harm to come to humanity. Most people want to advance their understanding of their purpose in life and their place in the universe.
    Except that those same 'good, honest, and caring people' are woefully selective and restrictive of those for whom they express this 'goodness, honesty, and caring'. Such expressions go right out the window over the most basic disagreements and contention. People lie (rationalize, deceive, mislead, misunderstand, etc.) to eachother and themselves on a daily basis in the interest of maintain their perceptions of themselves and their reputations, as evidenced by the work of Paul Ekman.

People are want to care for others, just so long as those others express views, dispositions, etc. that are consistent with their own and it is convenient to do so (granted, there are differences in an individual's perception of 'convenience'). Just look at how police and other forms of govt. enforcers are cared for by the judiciary when engaging in violence and brutality against 'suspects'. Look at the complicity prevalent in/around the actions of the royalty, the church, the oligachs, etc. and the blatant apologia expressed by the teeming masses!

Good? Laughable rhetoric! I would have it that what you say were true, but in light of troves of available contrary evidence I find your assertions to be less than uniform in the least, and grossly unsupportable in most.

Maybe I'm missing the point.
    There is a trove of negative evidence only if you believe the deception being told and sold by the mainstream media. Daily interactions with people indicate that world is very different than what academics and the mainstream media make it out to be. The media, the elites and politicians have a vested interest in keeping people on edge, keeping the truth from surfacing and most of all keeping people divided. We hear all the time about:
    • War on women
    • War on race
    • War on the rich
    • War on poverty
    • War on crime
    Mainstream media has relentless stories about greed corruption, murder and virtually anything they can write about to put fear into the population. They scare the masses on a daily basis with the veiled threat of WWIII arising from Iranian nukes, Russian takeover. Virtually whatever they find or whatever they can fabricate becomes the story de jour. Keeping people on edge and keeping humanity in fear is a form of control and it is profitable. Hollywood fills theaters with relentless stories of aliens attacking earth etc. Living in fear or living with the belief that humanity is not worthy or malevolent is a complete false flag.

The world and people are very different than how they are being portrayed. Yes there is evil in the world, there is little doubt about that but that evil is confined to a very few people(probably far less than 1%), no doubt some are powerful but my point is the vast majority of humans are kind and benevolent beings. The mainstream media would have you believe that 99% of the population is evil and possibly 1% is decent.

Look around and pay attention and you will see that mankind is beginning to find ways to make life better, millions of people are attempting to solve problems, progress is being made on a daily basis. People are attempting to solve problems like the environment that was not even discussed 30 years ago. Yes our politicians and some corporate greed are holding mankind back but they can not and will not hold mankind down forever.

Advanced alien races that are visiting earth with the thought of bringing humans into the greater community. Mankind's consciousness is moving forward and more and more humans are becoming aware every day. At some point there will be tipping point, it may be way off into the future but it is definitely coming.

If they thought man had no future or were going to self destruct why bother with earth at all. If they wanted to take out all nuclear weapons and those that control them........why wait. I am sure that their own history mirrors that of what earth is going through now. Even if they are light years ahead of us they would still have problems that have not been sorted out as of yet. I doubt there is a race in the universe that has achieved or created perfection. Their own history is probably littered with wars, greed, sickness, poverty and power hungry leaders. They have probably marginalized but not eradicated all the ills of their own society.

Quote People lie (rationalize, deceive, mislead, misunderstand, etc.) to eachother and themselves on a daily basis in the interest of maintain their perceptions of themselves and their reputations, as evidenced by the work of Paul Ekman.
    I am not familiar with Paul Ekman but I did a quick search and found that he was named Time Magazines Man of the year in 2009. That in itself speaks volumes and strongly indicates he is working with mainstream media or doing their bidding for them.

Quote Good? Laughable rhetoric! I would have it that what you say were true, but in light of troves of available contrary evidence I find your assertions to be less than uniform in the least, and grossly unsupportable in most.
    The only good laughable rhetoric is coming from the mainstream media and if you choose to believe them, then you have bought into their deception.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

bogeyman (27th April 2014), conk (21st April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st April 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Begging your pardon, but none of my assertions have anything to do with the MSM in whatever form (TV, Print, Online, etc.) nor from Ekman's work which I reference solely for corroboration. Everything I have stated is derived from direct interaction with and observations of individuals and groups at a local, personal level. I have personally witnessed and/or been subject to the types of circumstances I refer to in the above. I accede that mankind is making gradual steps toward progress, but I counter with the statement that for every step forward there are two (maybe more) steps back in another area that is either wilfully or nesciently ignored. Both directions are observable in the behavior or members of all sizes of locality be it large cities, small cities, small townships, and virtually non-existent towns consisting of a handful of people.

You can attempt to discard/disregard Ekman's work solely on receiving Time magazine recognition, but that is the epitome of ignorance (the state produced by the act of ignoring). Would you disregard the observable concept of body language and speech patterns as well? I am not saying 'one must embrace his work', but guilt by (very rough) association is far from judicious.

I assert that people can appear good, honest, caring, (indeed are by all indications) to those who are of comparable disposition, intent, practice, origin, etc., yet have observed evidence pointing toward a reasonable conclusion in their behavior toward disparate individuals. If you were to ask opinions and professed intents and then conclude on such speech I can see how one might reach the conclusions you mention, yet the phenomenon of actions lacking the convictions of words (lying) is observably and reasonably conclusively endemic. There is a pretense, a veneer of the positive aspects, but I have found individuals and groups to be more than willing to 'make exception' for those of different mind, different origin, different behavior, different perspective,... different being the consistent operative facet.

Beyond that, I suggest it is far too soon to attempt to rule on the intentions of Aliens, especially in regards to their agendas toward humanity. Your statement about their intentions seems to omit the countless witnesses, abductees, etc. (some of which are present and available on Avalon) who are more than happy to testify to the contrary.

I both recognize and admit that my conclusions may be in err, premature, or misguided, or that the experience from which they are derived may not be an adequate illustration of the full spectrum of emergent human behavior/disposition. Having said, I find the observable trend far more convincing than the evidence you present.
    Last edited by Shezbeth; 21st April 2014 at 08:15.

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,489 times in 13,275 posts

@Shezbeth
    You have the answer...when you used the word "spectrum" up there.
    The bigger picture is so complex and needs a birds eye perspective.

By focusing on the goodness you can recharge your batteries,
    and raise your level of consciousness,
    So that you can get back to do what you came here for...
    namely service to the whole, of which you are a part.

Focus on the bad, and you have your work cut out.
    Each one choose the cause they are most identified with.

Each life is rhythmic, and contains elements of both,
    a need for cherishing the beauty
    as well as allowing the horror out there to spur us to action.

16. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

i think that politicians are mostly psychopaths or corrupt and they have made the world complicated so they can get good people to do bad things
    doesn't mean people are not good it just means they are not so smart
    no need for aliens,spirit,god or the devil to explain it
    they are psychopaths and they have been perfecting this for generations
    (division,wars,evil,environment)they made it not us or aliens
    don't give up on people we are getting smarter
    as for the aliens
    i think they are waiting to see how we treat/handle the psychopaths/politicians
    the problem is at the top of our world not at the top of anybody else s
    totally off point sorry

17. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 times in 764 posts

Well it's the people that decide what is in the media, so you can't really separate it.
    There is no one to blame, we just have to take responsibility for it and resolve
    it in our own consciousness.
    When something happens to me I often ask what it reflects in my consciousness,
    that way I take responsibility and with it also comes the power of knowing that it serves me.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Rich For This Post:

GloriousPoetry (22nd April 2014)

19. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,966 times in 1,288 posts

Instead of trying to figure them out, try to solve the very things that are destroying our world and the life forms upon it. Its like we are on a sinking boat and we are interested in a UFO in the sky, priorities first, stop the boat from sinking. Maybe that is the point of their visitations. I do believe also the UFO is an awaking of something within us that has been forgotten, to become aware of the spiritual side along with the physical, this is very important, including the fact that everything is connected, what we do here effects everything out there. We are not a desert island as many seem to think.

+ Reply to Thread