+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Only control-freaks create dogmatic religious systems!

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,640 times in 20,812 posts

Exclamation Only control-freaks create dogmatic religious systems!

~True Unconditional Compassion is Universal, there is no "monopoly" in spreading Genuine Kindness & Care! Only control-freaks create dogmatic religious systems trying to hijack sacredness radiating from our hearts!

cheers,
    John Kuhles 21 April 2014

~very very BEAUTIFUL song by Chinese Singer !!! Am in tears, no joke Maybe I resonate strongly because I was a "Buddhist Monk" in a previous life according to 3 different psychics!

https://www.facebook.com/john.kuhles...52347619838996
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Davidallany (21st April 2014), Frederick Jackson (22nd April 2014), greybeard (21st April 2014), Hervé (21st April 2014), Lifebringer (21st April 2014), markpierre (21st April 2014), panopticon (22nd April 2014), Rich (21st April 2014), Shezbeth (21st April 2014), william r sanford72 (21st April 2014), Wind (22nd April 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,459 times in 1,312 posts

Default Re: Only control-freaks create dogmatic religious systems!

Well most religions spring out of someones extraordinary experience of unconditional love, but then humans take over.

You gotta admit, they're good for 'not that direction!'.

Hey everybody gets to be a Buddhist Monk. It's not an elective. Everybody has to be one of those Friar Tuck types too.
    The one's that make that terrific ale.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Delight (21st April 2014), ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), greybeard (21st April 2014), Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), joeecho (21st April 2014), Kryztian (21st April 2014), william r sanford72 (21st April 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

I thought that being a Buddhist monk gives you a free ticket out of here...
    So how come you returned?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Chip (21st April 2014), ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), markpierre (21st April 2014), Pam (22nd April 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

I suspect religion comes into being because people have a need for something out with them selves to bring into their lives-----
    you can follow that by inserting any statement (unmet need)

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), Gardener (21st April 2014), Hervé (21st April 2014), markpierre (21st April 2014), Pam (22nd April 2014), panopticon (21st April 2014), Shezbeth (21st April 2014), william r sanford72 (21st April 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member truth4me's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,289 times in 1,094 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    Don 't know if I ever been a Buddhist monk but I would gladly take that free ticket out of here...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to truth4me For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), greybeard (21st April 2014), Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), markpierre (21st April 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

You're right. The love transcends all languages and reaches the heart. I don't speak or understand the words, but the heart somehow said to me: "With all this misery and feeling alone, there's a way to feel good inside. It doesn't cost you an arm or a leg, to just reach out to those who need love sometimes.
    so "tell me why... that we don't reach out and love....
    Just tell me why.... everyone needs a hug and love....

That's what I understood and how it came to me. And now...I think I'll go listen again. Thank you ever so much.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), markpierre (21st April 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Not according to The Urantia. Something else was not understood by Buddah, and Christ traveled to those lands to prophet/teach there what was missing. Sometimes those with power will not translate the correct teachings as they evolved, unknowingly, and therefore the reason for Christ to incarnate and give the truth to the world. I heard he was Theobian, by a witness in 1997 I think who wrote a book about it. He was French and they took him to where Christ body was in stasis until it would be needed for his return.

Interesting times we are in, eh? Lots of info to process, but which is the correct way? Hmmm.. I'm leaning on the last incarnate Divine Son of God Yeshua/Jesus. He said: "But through me will ye see my Father's Kingdom in Heaven. So far, a lot of what he said is true. I'm a witness as far as comforting the sick and those in extreme pain and chance of death, to "know" that we are not alone, after leaving this "vehicle" body to be here. Think of it as the "SIMS." One gigantic spiritual video quest for evolutionary advancement to the Universal God.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), greybeard (21st April 2014), markpierre (21st April 2014), Snookie (21st April 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I think those experiences are more about learning patience. Patience is tough. Might have to come and man a lighthouse or something.
    Or raise chickens.

But it's interesting to me, those lives that dedicate everything to a discipline to get out of here. They come here to get out.
    When all you'd have to do is sit in a chair and wait.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

Delight (21st April 2014), Gardener (21st April 2014), greybeard (21st April 2014), Shezbeth (21st April 2014), william r sanford72 (21st April 2014), Wind (21st April 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

FREE ticket out!?!

I got the impression it's a hard-won one over many life times (for the average Joe/Jane) and then, well, after a few millions (or billions/trillions/quadrillions) years without "buds" to play with; one may wonder:
    "Where the hell are my buddies? I am tired playing chess alone!"...

"... what the hell are they doing in those meat bodies... convinced their brain is doing their thinking for them... oh my..."
    Then, there is the question of why would so many millions/billions of individuals seek a same something?

There are only a limited number of ways this could have come about:

1) A reality that there's always a bigger fish (Oannes)

2) A virtual, common reality implanted collectively onto those billions of individuals.

Digging into people's long memories* only finds the second option where option #1 is a subset of #2...

From there, "religions" start or get triggered into existence from the running into "symbols" the same way the volunteered subject of a stage hypnotist starts performing the preset silly actions -- always the same (rituals)-- every time the stage hypnotist scratches his/her nose... and the "deciphering of "symbols" is like the deciphering of nose scratching in trying to get to the bottom of "what does it really mean to scratch one's nose?" instead of: WHAT DOES IT DO/TRIGGER?

Oh well... where's that couch... ah, there...

* Pied Pipers To Heavens: Who Calls The Tune? (<--- PDF => right-click ---> "Save as")
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), markpierre (22nd April 2014), panopticon (21st April 2014), william r sanford72 (21st April 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

I had an inner knowing as a child that being dragged to church every Sunday was a complete waste of my time and energy. I was baptized catholic, and to me it did not matter what religion I was brought up in, the point was, I KNEW that I did not need a building full of strangers to go to to meet with GOD. I knew this as a young child. And you know, the funny thing is, after 50 years, my parents still try to drag me to church. OMG, do they not value sleep? LOL And I am still shaking my head they some will just never understand.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), genevieve (21st April 2014), GloriousPoetry (22nd April 2014), markpierre (22nd April 2014), Snookie (21st April 2014), william r sanford72 (21st April 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Buddhist Monks strive to achieve awareness of the world, to see the nature of reality. This is described differently in different traditions and varies greatly. At one end some try to achieve liberation, within this lifetime, from the cycle of death and rebirth (eg. Dzogchen) while at the other end of the spectrum other traditions take an oath that they wont leave the cycle until everyone/thing else has (for example the Bodhisattvic Vow/Oath).

There are lots of differences between traditions and cross overs (for example a Dzogchen practitioner can take the Bodhisattvic Vow and view that when they attain liberation they will seek to reside in a "heaven" while waiting and trying to ease the gross cosmic karmic debt). Even if I had sufficient knowledge to speak with authority on the subject, which I don't, this simple response couldn't explain these differences (nor would a very long book!). Even with these loose examples I'm stretching it as I know a bit about some sects of Mahayana Buddhism but then it gets a bit shambolic (eg. Theravada, Hinayana, Vajrayana, Chan, Zen, etc). So staying with stuff I know a bit about...

Using the Tibetan tradition as an example. The entire basis of the legitimacy of HH the Dalai Lama is based around transmigration. In the Tibetan tradition a monk with sufficient training is able to choose the circumstances of their next incarnation as they travel through the between life stage (ie Bardo) while retaining some knowledge of their previous incarnation. That is the basis of the training leading up to death and the essence of the principles taught in The Tibetan Book of the Dead (ie Bardo Thodol) for attaining realisation within the intermediate stage (ie between lives).

Anyway, here is the film Little Buddha which is based loosely on the search for the reincarnation of a prominent Tibetan Monk (ie Tulku). It also has Keanu Reeves as Gautama Buddha...

Source: Watch on Vimeo

Source: http://vimeo.com/42616728

I hope this was useful.

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), markpierre (22nd April 2014), william r sanford72 (21st April 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Ecuador Avalon Member Davidallany's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,056 times in 1,577 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    ~True Unconditional Compassion is Universal, there is no "monopoly" in spreading Genuine Kindness & Care! Only control-freaks create dogmatic religious systems trying to hijack sacredness radiating from our hearts!

cheers,
    John Kuhles 21 April 2014

~very very BEAUTIFUL song by Chinese Singer !!! Am in tears, no joke Maybe I resonate strongly because I was a "Buddhist Monk" in a previous life according to 3 different psychics!

https://www.facebook.com/john.kuhles...52347619838996
    Right on. This is why Religion and politics are two names for the same thing. I suppose religion was suppose to be a mark 2 politics and did succeed somewhat to replace its predecessor and sometimes support it.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Davidallany For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), Hervé (21st April 2014), Joanne Shepard (21st April 2014), markpierre (22nd April 2014), Shezbeth (21st April 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

As a four year old I was taken to a Catholic church as a preparation for school (Dad was Catholic, Mum not)
    I was normally obedient and not rebellious---I lasted minutes--then "Im out of here" Well if they could crucify Jesus what would they do to to a poor little sinner? Pictures of bleeding heart--statue of crucifixion--heavens above-- what a poor boy going to do!!!
    Thankfully my parents did not insist on return visit.
    The teaching of love coming from Jesus, the first two "commandments" is all that is needed to my mind, why all this fear stuff but to control.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (21st April 2014), Hervé (21st April 2014), markpierre (22nd April 2014), Rich (21st April 2014), Shezbeth (21st April 2014), Snookie (21st April 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Quote Posted by markpierre (here)
    I think those experiences are more about learning patience. Patience is tough. Might have to come and man a lighthouse or something.
    Or raise chickens.

But it's interesting to me, those lives that dedicate everything to a discipline to get out of here. They come here to get out.
    When all you'd have to do is sit in a chair and wait.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Other scenarios come to mind.
    What if one originated on some lunar surface,
    and is traveling towards becoming a life seeder on a distant galaxy. Lessons can be learned,
    each one leading to transformation, refinement; deeper understanding of the forces which govern nature, creation, regeneration and decomposition.
    Then an individual can move on, or decide to stay, whichever they choose,
    and even elect the option to help the collective earth culture recognize it's unity and form a cohesive whole, where each soul can find their place in the greater design, without interference from oppressive or subversive elites.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Davidallany (28th April 2014), Delight (21st April 2014), ExomatrixTV (28th April 2014), markpierre (22nd April 2014)

29. Link to Post #15
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

The same thing "could" be said about dogmatic atheistic systems.

Therefore, by this logic, one should not be an atheist. Or a dogmatist. Or follow any system, because by it's nature a system equates control...yes?

So is not conforming to a system not a system?

*GONG* start again.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th April 2014), markpierre (22nd April 2014), Rich (22nd April 2014), Shezbeth (22nd April 2014)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

dogma in reverse is truth for each reading it...

I amgod...

32. Link to Post #17
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 689 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    dogma in reverse is truth for each reading it...

I amgod...
    Very true!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th April 2014)

34. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Maybe, maybe not.
    Other scenarios come to mind.
    What if one originated on some lunar surface,
    and is traveling towards becoming a life seeder on a distant galaxy. Lessons can be learned,
    each one leading to transformation, refinement; deeper understanding of the forces which govern nature, creation, regeneration and decomposition.
    Then an individual can move on, or decide to stay, whichever they choose,
    and even elect the option to help the collective earth culture recognize it's unity and form a cohesive whole, where each soul can find their place in the greater design, without interference from oppressive or subversive elites.
    Well it was all that. It actually is all that. All of that is the natural and normal way of being. 'Seeding' and creating is how we expand ourselves and the whole. We can do that with ideas, but mostly with intention.
    But in love, the essence of God, not in scenarios. The scenario is an effect. Also opportunity. Amnesia isn't a mistake, but an extraordinary challenge.
    When I experienced myself as all that, and those moments that randomly appear when I do, there's nothing discovered, except that it includes the awareness of what I was doing/do that blinded/blinds me to it. I don't know. When I need to know and remember to ask what knows, there's always a moment of 'duh'. I knew that. I forgot.
    And then we teach our children our forgetfulness, and reinforce it in each other.
    Learning not to perpetuate bad ideas, is largely what this mission is. The effects of bad ideas are a bit too evident now to ignore.
    When the smell of dog poo follows you wherever you go, eventually you'll check the bottom of your shoe. Then presumably you clean it up.

A really cool idea was perverted somehow. Down to every thought and action the body identity engages to keep itself isolated to a body. To make the body identity's thinking (that all important sense of an exclusive 'me') important enough to assert. The how is important, only in how to not do that, and then eventually not do that again.
    I think we still tend to view growth and expansion in human terms of learning and information. There is no real correlation. Just as viewing and thinking through the mind that is the heart, the God Self, doesn't correlate with what we've learned as bodies that can die. That thinking can accomplish extending a limited duration of experience to a longer limited experience. That's about it.
    Joy and love expand by allowing them, by getting out of the way, not by learning them.

I took on that type of dedication. Sitting in a cell determined for as long as it took to see through it.
    I must have agreed to do that. It must have been okay, or nominally successful. Here I am.
    A bigger cell at least. At the very least. I have vague memories of darker danker accommodations.
    But if I want to accomplish something 'here', it won't be so personal as it once felt.
    It will be a somehow brighter, more colorful, more joyful world for the next guy who drops out of the birth canal. That's enough isn't it?
    No matter how I decide to regard that baby, it'll be me. There's no escape from that. I guess that is pretty personal.

Well, that all sounds a bit random. I don't notice that it addresses anything, but that's enough thinking for today.

Nice post Ulli. Stellar mind. You deserve a cookie. Who was it that used to give out the cookies?
    Last edited by markpierre; 22nd April 2014 at 01:51.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markpierre For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th April 2014), Wind (22nd April 2014)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

The song mentioned in the OP is The Call by Vic Teo. Don't know how good the Google translation is (me thinks not very) but I've included the lyrics (Chinese and English [Googlish] translation) below.

Lyrics (source):

歌詞
    作詞:王熙強 張祖誠 作曲:張祖誠
    我坐在車裡 遙望著蔚藍的天空
    心裡的無奈 沒有人懂
    車窗倒映著 那片綠色的草坡
    彷彿有話想要訴說

我們總是為了自己 而奔波
    忘記了牠們的 失落
    現實生活總是充滿著 困惑
    我們的世界 是非對錯
    Tell me why 牠們在呼喚
    卻喚不醒明天的 燦爛
    請告訴我

睜開眼睛看那無邪的臉頰
    把心中的紛擾 放下
    身在街頭的牠 正需要一個 家
    一個美好溫暖的盛夏
    Tell me why 牠們在呼喚
    卻喚不醒明天的 燦爛
    請告訴我

Tell me why 牠們的 期盼
    你怎麼能夠置之不管
    快告訴我

睜開眼睛看那無邪的臉頰
    把心中的關愛 放大
    Tell me why 牠們在呼喚
    卻喚不醒明天的 燦爛
    請告訴我

Tell me why 牠們的 期盼
    你怎麼能夠置之不管
    快告訴我

Googlish translation of lyrics :

Lyrics
    Authors: Wang Xijiang Vick Composer: Vick
    I sat in the car overlooking the blue sky
    No one knows the heart of the frustration
    Windows reflecting the patch of green grass
    Seems to have something you want to tell

We always run around for their own
    Forget their loss
    Real life is always full of confusion
    Right and wrong in our world
    Tell me why they are calling
    But revive brilliant tomorrow
    Please tell me

Open your eyes Look cherubic cheeks
    The hearts of troubles down
    Living in the streets it is in need of a home
    A nice warm summer
    Please tell me

Tell me why they are looking forward to
    Regardless of how you can set the
    Tell me

Open your eyes Look cherubic cheeks
    The love hearts enlarge
    Please tell me

Tell me why they are looking forward to
    Regardless of how you can set the
    Tell me
    Last edited by panopticon; 22nd April 2014 at 03:53. Reason: clarified
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th April 2014)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    The same thing "could" be said about dogmatic atheistic systems.

Therefore, by this logic, one should not be an atheist. Or a dogmatist. Or follow any system, because by it's nature a system equates control...yes?

So is not conforming to a system not a system?

*GONG* start again.
    Nice straw man.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (28th April 2014), Hervé (23rd April 2014)

+ Reply to Thread