+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Richard C Hoagland's Chinese Lunar Images

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Richard C Hoagland's Chinese Lunar Images

I made a finger error, could everyone change their post type to 'CCD', which stands for 'charge coupled Device'.

This is the nature of the imagery pick up device on modern digital cameras. not CDD.

Some are called 'CMOS' types, but the main variant is a 'CCD' type device.

It's akin to calling a horse a house. It' grinds me a bit and it is even minimally embarrassing.

Some CCD technology and design data... in simple images:

What you see is a physical structure, of very fine peaks and valleys. This gives a grid pattern, and the residual electrical noise, combined with micro levels of light scatter..then combined with digitization gradations...ie, the digitization resolution limits themselves....this as a set, gives this 'micro grid pattern' to the black levels of any given CCD image pick up device, no matter how they are used.

The image I supplied that seemed to be black, was in fact, not black, it was a slightly magenta-black image. My monitor is corrected for proper light balance, color, contrast range, etc, in images - as best it can be.

Any form of the raw image data, the original data file from the CCD frame/image, will always have this grid pattern, in the blacks. It cannot be defeated, due to this triple source combined issue.

JPG files and whatever, in those files it may not be as clear, due to different types of aliasing algorithms used on the image, etc. The 'RAW' data, as it is known, will always show this grid in the deepest blacks of the given digitally captured image.

THIS is the spot where investigators can find the evidence of manipulation of images. we don't like to talk about that, as people might find a way around this point of understanding in creating faked imagery.

When it comes to looking at digital imagery of whatever, suspected UFO's etc, one always wants to get to the original data files, to the original source point, in order to see what exactly is going on.

Modern cameras in phones, even in digital cameras, they tend to capture images in jpg format, not in the RAW data format, as RAW data is uncompressed and not compromised in the slightest. The least level of manipulation of the data coming from the CCD. aka, the TIFF format. But it takes up too much data space. Modern DSLR's, +99% of them will give you the image in RAW TIFF format.

Big cine cameras, in the digital domain, they capture images and store them in the RAW format, or the "4444" format, which is an alternative which is almost as good, for most purposes.

The Chinese moon mission, would have a camera of very high resolution, and it would capture the images in RAW. Beyond a doubt, that would be the case. But you'll probably never see those files.
    Last edited by Carmody; 24th April 2014 at 16:37.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

jagman (25th April 2014), kirolak (24th April 2014), ThePythonicCow (25th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    I made a finger error, could everyone change their post type to 'CCD', which stands for 'charge coupled Device'.
    Haha - I thought it was CCD, but decided to check what Paul had said before posting.
    Don't worry, I'm sure we're all big enough to forgive your fingers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

jagman (25th April 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,652 times in 21,533 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Done .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,524 times in 5,655 posts

Wonder why the focus on his research was not more local like on earth? Richard has the connections and many years experience behind to have gathered excellent documentation and the resources to utilize the latest technologies to capture the best evidence? Mention of the glassy domes was shared a few years back. Why is he not sharing new content? Please Richard show us the good stuff and help to respond to the critics of your efforts and research.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mojo For This Post:

jagman (25th April 2014)

8. Link to Post #25
    United States Deactivated ZoSo925's Avatar
    Thanks

I have not been following this story and seems this operation has ended. Not sure where I came across a discussion, but it was mentioned there were new photos posted by China every day

Don't have the full index of photos link, and just to only this specific photo. There is something very wrong with this photo. Looks like some Photoshop Chrome Layer Filter was applied to the image.

If you zoom very close up you can see all sorts of digital errors and almost like it was added on purpose. The 2nd thing is all the dark shadows are solid Black. There are huge sections of this photo with fake black painted in.

In the dead center between the rocks you see it blacked out on purpose and a Turtle Shell object on top ?

https://planetary.s3.amazonaws.com/d..._0008_A_2C.png

>

Found the Full Index of Photos. Looks like it's being hosted on Amazon's Server. I had found that Turtle Shell photo just random going through this Index of photos

http://planetary.s3.amazonaws.com/da...nge3/pcam.html
    Last edited by ZoSo925; 3rd February 2018 at 02:46.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2