Thread: Reported Cases of MERS virus infection increasing

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Default Reported Cases of MERS virus infection increasing

23 April - Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi UAE

Associated Press reporting - repost on BuzzFeed dot com

Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) or N-COV (new corona virus) outbreak which was present two years ago in the mideast, both Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, UAE (Abu Dhabi) appears to be resurging in activity and Saudi Arabia health ministry appears to be being accused of trying to keep it quiet..

Over the last 30 days, MERS cases in Saudi Arabia have swelled from one to three daily to more than 10 reported cases each day, according to Ian MacKay, an associate professor at the Australia Infectious Diseases Research Centre at The University of Queensland.

“We need the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirate’s health authorities to take the stage and help us understand what’s going on,” said MacKay. “In 2014 so far we’ve had more cases than in all of 2013.”

I know this virus personally having caught it in Abu Dhabi last year. And having brought it home with me, where it proceeded to infect my mother, having killed her two weeks after the infection. It took me over a year to get over this viral infection. This stuff is nothing to sneeze at (which by the way is how it spreads)..

"Saudi officials have refused to confirm whether their tests suggest that the virus is mutating leading to greater human-to-human infection rates, and will not even comment on whether such tests have been conducted.

"A statement released by the World Health Organization confirmed that they were not receiving timely data on the spread of MERS, as they did not have the latest infection count. On their website they advise, ” WHO encourages all Member States to continue their surveillance for severe acute respiratory infections (SARI) and to carefully review any unusual patterns.”

"Saudi Arabia has done little to answer criticism that it is mishandling a potential health crisis. On Monday, Saudi Health Minister Abdullah al-Rabiah was dismissed just days after visiting hospitals in Jeddah to calm public panic over the spread of the virus.

"His replacement was photographed days later appearing in hospitals, but without the surgical goggles virologists recommend to help prevent the spread of the virus."

"MacKay said that concerns the virus had mutated were based on two clusters, one in Jeddah and the other in Abu Dhabi.

"He said that the outbreaks could be based on poor infection control and prevention protocols among health care workers, or that Saudi Arabia could be experiencing a mutation that makes human-to-human infection spread more widely.

"Until now, health professionals have argued that camels transmit MERS more easily to humans than humans do to one another, but that could be changing.

“There is too little virological information. An emerging virus is called that because it’s still ‘finding its way’ in a new host. Right now the MERS-CoV’s natural host seems to be the camel and then it makes forays into humans when conditions are right. "

I had no contact with camels and had only traveled out into the desert one time during a strong wind storm (with blowing dust). I tried to report this when I got home and was laughed at that such an infection should have occurred, and when ma was in the hospital, they continued to laugh, letting her die of pneumonia which is a characteristic of this infection - seriously !!

You drown to death literally. I generally take very good care to stay away from any potentially infectious situations. This was totally unexpected and I was blindsided.

"Each and every time it does that there is a chance for the virus to evolve to become better at replicating in and transmitting from humans instead of camels. Because of that, an emerging virus needs to be carefully watched and that is done by gene or genome sequencing,” said MacKay."

“It took us over a year to get the first hundred cases of this viral infection,” Osterholm told NPR. “Now in just the last two weeks, we’ve had a hundred cases. …

"There’s a major change occurring that cannot just be attributed to better case detection. Something’s happening.”

"Yemen, Malaysia, the Philippines and Greece also reported their first cases last week, all linked to travelers from the Gulf.

"Concerns voiced by global health professionals have been mounting as Saudi Arabia approaches the Hajj the first week of October.

"More than one million Muslims travel to Saudi Arabia each year to visit Mecca during the holy pilgrimage, in past years they have come from 188 countries. Virologists fear that unless Saudi Arabia takes great steps to ensure that they have contained and studied the MERS by October, it could be risking spreading the virus globally."

I tried last year to get ANYONE to take this seriously, CDC laughed as did the local health authorities, saying nothing like this exists.

UNBELIEVABLE folks.. (OMG is an understatement)

references:
    http://www.who.int/ith/updates/20130520/en/ - NCOV
    http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/mers/faq.html - CDC US
    http://www.sinobiological.com/Novel-...oV-a-6078.html - "In May 2013, the Coronavirus Study Group of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses has published a proposed new designation for the novel coronavirus, the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus (MERS-CoV)"

http://www.sinobiological.com/Corona...ms-a-6082.html - SYMPTOMS (suggest that one review this page) - this virus is a new type of SARS which did spread thru China 2002-2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin..._SARS_outbreak - explains what happened in China

General articles have been circulating on the NET over the last few days, one can Google to find the numerous articles and reports.

This is serious folks. It is not something that you ever want to catch, trust me on this one. This is not a simple flu or the sniffles..
    Last edited by Bob; 25th April 2014 at 19:13.

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Reported Cases of MERS virus infection increasing

Bobd, this sounds just like the virus from The Stand.

Captain Trips. Tube-Neck.

Drowning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sta...ptain_Trips.22

Quote At a remote U.S. Army base, a weaponized strain of influenza, officially known as Project Blue and nicknamed "Captain Trips", is accidentally released. Despite an effort to put the base under lockdown, a security malfunction allows a soldier, Charles Campion, to escape with his family. By the time the military tracks the already-deceased Campion to Texas, he has triggered a pandemic of apocalyptic proportions which eventually kills off 99.4% of the world's human population.
    As the pandemic intensifies, a multi-faceted narrative—told partly from the perspective of primary characters—outlines the total breakdown and destruction of society through widespread violence; the failure of martial law to contain the outbreak; the military's increasingly violent efforts to censor information; and, finally, the near-extinction of mankind. The emotional toll is also dealt with, as the few survivors must care for their families and friends, dealing with confusion and grief as virtually everyone they know succumbs to the flu.
    The expanded edition opens with a prologue titled "The Circle Opens" that offers greater detail into the circumstances surrounding the development of the virus and the security breach that allowed its escape from the secret laboratory compound where it was created.
    Quote Captain Trips Edit Comments5 2,014PAGES ON
    THIS WIKI
    Captain Trips is a nickname for the constantly shifting antigen virus that exterminates 99.4% of the human population in The Stand.

Developed under the code name Project Blue by a biological weapon's laboratory located beneath California's Mojave Desert, it is also known as Blue virus (Blue Virus), A-prime, A6, the rales, superflu, and tube neck.

The virus is set loose on the population when Charlie Campion, who was working in the base that developed it, noticed that the virus had been released in the base and managed to escape with his wife and daughter, but not before being infected with it himself. He carried the virus all the way to Arnette, Texas, before dying, thus setting in motion the events of the novel.

AppearancesEdit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antigenic_drift

Quote Antigenic drift is a mechanism for variation in viruses that involves the accumulation of mutations within the genes that code for antibody-binding sites. This results in a new strain of virus particles which cannot be inhibited as effectively by the antibodies that were originally targeted against previous strains, making it easier for the virus to spread throughout a partially immune population. Antigenic drift occurs in both influenza A and influenza B viruses.
    The immune system recognizes viruses when antigens on the surfaces of virus particles bind to immune receptors that are specific for these antigens. This is similar to a lock recognizing a key. After an infection, the body produces many more of these virus-specific immune receptors, which prevent re-infection by this particular strain of the virus and produce acquired immunity. Similarly, a vaccine against a virus works by teaching the immune system to recognize the antigens exhibited by this virus. However, viral genomes are constantly mutating, producing new forms of these antigens. If one of these new forms of an antigen is sufficiently different from the old antigen, it will no longer bind to the receptors and viruses with these new antigens can evade immunity to the original strain of the virus. When such a change occurs, people who have had the illness in the past will lose their immunity to the new strain and vaccines against the original virus will also become less effective[clarification needed]. Two processes drive the antigens to change: antigenic drift[1][2] and antigenic shift, antigenic drift being the more common. The rate of antigenic drift is dependent on two characteristics: the duration of the epidemic, and the strength of host immunity. A longer epidemic allows for selection pressure to continue over an extended period of time and stronger host immune responses increase selection pressure for development of novel antigens.[3]
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 24th April 2014 at 19:51.

3. Link to Post #3
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Taken very seriously Bobd , the Hajj OMGoodness if you had to design a starting point for a pandemic you couldn't pick a more perfect start point, this could be the one. As always thanks for the heads up.

4. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Tesla - ya drowning..exactly. Nothing seems to control the drowning either. Hard to treat. What I don't know was if i was "infected" deliberately, or happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Literally when the health department ignored my report I said hey, would you like me to sneeze on you, maybe you will take this seriously? Honest to God it was this lemming-like attitude between the hospital, and the board of health representatives. (I did report this up the "chain of command" though, and who knows if it was taken seriously there either.)

I feel, there is something up - its been building for a couple years. My thread on the Hemorrhagic fevers and this novel-COV resurgence observation, points out, something is up. I guess the good part for me is, I now have gotten some type of anti-body protection to whatever this "germ" is. Why me tho.. I have to ask myself. And if there isn't a vaccine for this, what will that do globally, being under the weather for months at a time or a year.. Quite a virus, kills the young and elderly, leave the mid-life group terribly debilitated.. for months up to a year..

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Bobd, this sounds just like the virus from The Stand.

Captain Trips. Tube-Neck.

Drowning.

5. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Reported Cases of MERS virus infection increasing

N-COV (Novel Corona-Virus), now being called "Mid East Respiratory Syndrome"

Background on the virus

It is not a friendly virus.

Its classification for this strain (which may mutate) is EMC/2012 (HCoV-EMC/2012), is positive-sense, single-stranded RNA novel species of the genus Betacoronavirus.

It looks like this:

First called Novel coronavirus 2012 or simply novel coronavirus, it was first reported in 2012 after genome sequencing of a virus isolated from sputum samples from patients who fell ill in a 2012 outbreak of a new flu.

As of 16 April 2014, MERS-CoV cases have been reported in several countries, including Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Jordan, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Tunisia, and the Philippines.

The MERS count is 238, with 92 deaths officially reported where actual viral analysis was performed (see references to "2012 Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus outbreak" for a full list of countries and causalities). That death occurs from pneumonia, the misdiagnosis, and mortality can be highly under-reported.

The period before death is from two weeks to about a month after symptoms manifest if the person cannot fight the infection. I found it took about 11 days to manifest personally after exposure. There was no indication right at the time of exposure, such as any onset of immediate symptoms. The people that I had come in contact with were from Yemen, and Saudi Arabia, one of which having recently been in Qatar.

The other person had recently been in Jordan. Both developed symptoms within a week before I came down with it - I assume then I got it from one or both of them. That would mean that the contagious portion was present even PRIOR to clinical symptom manifestation. Symptoms can easily last for a month or more and progression can take a turn for the worse. I used a combination of colloidal silver, two different types of zappers, assorted minerals, vitamins, and every regularly known flu remedy used. All that did was keep my head above water so to speak during that time. The symptoms would re-appear apparently with a mutation, and continue month after month, but gradually lessening. After the first month I was no longer contagious. So that is interesting to see how long it takes where it can spread.

The virus MERS-CoV is a new member of the beta group of coronavirus, Betacoronavirus, lineage C. MERS-CoV genomes are phylogenetically classified into two clades, clade A and B.

The earliest cases of MERS were of clade A clusters (EMC/2012 and Jordan-N3/2012, and new cases are genetically distinct (clade B).

MERS-CoV is distinct from SARS and distinct from the common-cold coronavirus and known endemic human betacoronaviruses HCoV-OC43 and HCoV-HKU1.

Until 23 May 2013, MERS-CoV had frequently been referred to as a SARS-like virus, or simply the novel coronavirus, and early it was referred to colloquially on messageboards as the "Saudi SARS". The predominant characteristic is uncontrollable flooding of the nasal, throat, and lungs of fluid build-up, and a diminished cough reflex.

Patient Zero

The first confirmed case was reported in a 60-year-old male patient with acute pneumonia and acute renal failure, who passed away in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on 24 June 2012.

A second case in September 2012 was found. A 49 year old male living in Qatar, presented with symptoms similar flu symptoms, and a sequence of the virus was nearly identical to that of the first case.

In Nov 2012, similar cases appeared in Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Additional cases were noted, with deaths associated, and rapid research and monitoring of this novel coronavirus began. (such was NOT apparently researched in the US though despite my calling attention to the n-CoV infection that I had acquired in UAE.)

Simply put, they DO NOT KNOW what to do with this virus - It is not certain whether the infections are the result of a single zoonotic event (something that jumped from animal to human) with subsequent human-to-human transmission, or if the multiple geographic sites of infection represent multiple zoonotic events from a common unknown source.

Who would have it out for the Saudi's willing to infect them and create an epidemic throughout the Arab world? I wonder...

A study by Ziad Memish of Riyadh University (Saudi Arabia) and colleagues suggests that the virus arose sometime between July 2007 and June 2012, with perhaps as many as 7 separate zoonotic transmissions.

Among animal reservoirs, CoV has a large genetic diversity yet the samples from patients suggest a similar genome, and therefore common source, though the data are limited.

It has been determined through molecular clock analysis, that viruses from the EMC/2012 and England/Qatar/2012 date to early 2011 suggesting that these cases are descended from a single zoonotic event. (A case had been treated in ENGLAND from a person who came back from the mideast).

It would appear the MERS-CoV has been circulating in the human population for greater than one year without detection and suggests independent transmission from an unknown source.

In humans, the virus has a strong tropism for non-ciliated bronchial epithelial cells (cells without clearing hairs on them), and it has been shown to effectively evade the innate immune responses and antagonize interferon (IFN) production in these cells. This tropism is unique in that most respiratory viruses target ciliated cells. Interferon is the magic bullet that the body uses to fight viruses. That this virus appears to destroy interferon, that is significant. To me it says it was engineered to do this.

Researchers had said possibly CAMELS are the reservoir - however, Bat DPP4 genes appear to have been subject to a high degree of adaptive evolution as a response to coronavirus infections, so the lineage leading to MERS-CoV may have circulated in bat populations for a long period of time before being transmitted to people. (see my references in the Hemorrhagic fever thread for references to BAT reservoirs for Ebola).

On 13 February 2013, WHO stated "the risk of sustained person-to-person transmission appears to be very low."

My personal answer to that:

The cells MERS-CoV infects in the lungs only account for 20% of respiratory epithelial cells, so a large number of virions are likely needed to be inhaled to cause infection.

BUT - As of 29 May 2013, the World Health Organization is now warning that the MERS-CoV virus is a "threat to entire world". I reported in March 2013 this problem and was ignored.

Dr. Anthony Fauci of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, stated that as of now MERS-CoV "does not spread in a sustained person to person way at all." (2013)

Dr. Fauci stated that there is potential danger in that it is possible for the virus to mutate into a strain that does transmit from person to person.

Well Gee Wizz Doc, it has and does mutate...

MERS-CoV is more closely related to the bat coronaviruses HKU4 and HKU5 (lineage 2C) than it is to SARS-CoV (lineage 2B), sharing more than 90% sequence identity with their closest relationships, bat coronaviruses HKU4 and HKU5 and therefore considered to belong to the same species by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses.

It appears that some of the research to find a treatment, vaccine or CURE for this potential world wild-fire virus is being hampered because of MONEY matters.

Get this -

"Saudi officials had not given permission to Dr. Zaki to send a sample of the virus to Fouchier and they were angered when Fouchier claimed the patent on the full genetic sequence of the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. ref: "Pandemic preparedness: Coming, ready or not". The Economist. 20 April 2013

The editor of The Economist observed, "Concern over security must not slow urgent work. Studying a deadly virus is risky. Not studying it is riskier." ibid

Dr. Zaki was fired from his job at the hospital as a result of sharing his sample and findings.
    ref: "Coronavirus victim's widow tells of grief as scientists scramble for treatment". The Guardian. 25 May 2013, and "Coronavirus: Is this the next pandemic?". The Guardian. 25 May 2013.

At their annual meeting of the World Health Assembly in May 2013, WHO chief Margaret Chan declared that intellectual property, or patents on strains of new virus, should not impede nations from protecting their citizens by limiting scientific investigations.

Deputy Health Minister Ziad Memish raised concerns that scientists who held the patent for the MERS-CoV virus would not allow other scientists to use patented material and were therefore delaying the development of diagnostic tests.

more references: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCoV - NCoV background

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1211083210.htm - Science Daily, virus can transfer back and forth from humans to animals repeatedly. The virus can infect bats with host ranges that extend all across Europe and into the Arabian Peninsula.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2...lobal-pandemic - CoronaVirus, is this the next Pandemic ?

UPDATE: mentioned that there was a N-CoV case in England last year, here is the article that describes it on BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23179564

"4 July 2013 Last updated at 05:31 ET - The patient, who was 49, was being treated for kidney failure and acute respiratory syndrome. He was flown to St Thomas' Hospital in London from Qatar in September last year. Cases have been confirmed in Jordan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, France, Germany, Italy, Tunisia and the UK. - "Guy's and St Thomas' can confirm that the patient with severe respiratory illness due to novel coronavirus (MERS-nCV) sadly died on Friday 28 June, after his condition deteriorated despite every effort and full supportive treatment."
    Last edited by Bob; 25th April 2014 at 19:08.

6. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Saudi has been bad, perhaps they're going through plague or....ptW trying to take the Saud's resources now. They won't try another war, they haven't been so successful selling that one, but...they may be looking at changing the oil distribution country's leaders involvement and just take the whole haul eliminating Saudi's for easier take over.

Just saying their greed is "insatiable."

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2014), Chanlo23 (25th April 2014), Dawn (27th April 2014), Flash (25th April 2014), seeker/reader (25th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th April 2014)

8. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,890 times in 4,328 posts

Quote Posted by Bobd (here)
    I know this virus personally having caught it in Abu Dhabi last year. And having brought it home with me, where it proceeded to infect my mother, having killed her two weeks after the infection. It took me over a year to get over this viral infection. This stuff is nothing to sneeze at (which by the way is how it spreads)..
    Hi Bobd

I"m truly sorry for your loss.
    That is truly a horrible situation.
    My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2014), Chanlo23 (25th April 2014), Dawn (27th April 2014), Flash (25th April 2014), Gardener (26th April 2014), seeker/reader (25th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th April 2014)

10. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

I suspect now that military conflict is trying to calm , the black ops folks can spray the area with their death from above chemical trails and most will ignore it , until they ALL have lung problems like MERS ... I would love to see pictures of the sky in the areas with the most complaints of this illness ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2014), Chanlo23 (25th April 2014), Dawn (27th April 2014), DNA (26th April 2014), Flash (25th April 2014), seeker/reader (25th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th April 2014)

12. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Truly sorry about your loss Bob and also about your health issues. This must be difficult to bring back a virus that attacks loved ones and have the hospital not even listening to you, when you know very well what you are talking about.

Once again, sorry for your loss.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2014), Chanlo23 (25th April 2014), Dawn (27th April 2014), DNA (25th April 2014), Limor Wolf (2nd May 2014), seeker/reader (25th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th April 2014)

14. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

bob my eyes are really bad, I didn't see the part about your mom.

i used to be able to scan read and catch such things, am too tired at my age now, so sorry for your loss, echoing Flash's sentiment...

I am so sorry those POS's didn't listen to you.
    How unbelievable -- there are no words for my outrage.

15. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks DNA. It's been a year now for me dealing with the loss, and the damage to the body. An interesting testing and learning exercise to see what works, and of course it's piqued my interest in conspiracy, who's doing what to whom, and why. My Biomed and science background enables me to track and sort and view the mindset of the "monsters" behind bioweapons developers, my medical healer side helps me with compassion..

I can see and have experienced both perspectives, and it is interesting being placed into a position to evaluate, and "judge".. When they up the level of obscene atrocity against lifekind, sitting still and just ignoring is hard to do. One of my reasons for joining the forum, is to help uncover, come up with solutions for a better personal world and a group world that works with a high quality of life.

One never really gets over being assaulted I suppose, that's the point of the perp's be they a local stalker or thug, or an oppressive tyranny creating the atrocity.. What we though as a group have is what they will never have. Real friends, real compassion, and a sustainable quality of life, they just can't comprehend. Thanks.

16. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thanks Tesla for the kind thoughts. I know virus infections, and when this hit I knew all too well, this is not right, not the normal respiratory issue.

The antigen drift that you added your first post in this thread I believe is very relevant. I believe some viruses are engineered to constantly create filling up the cells with garbage proteins, thereby over time overwhelming the cells with an insurmountable amount of garbage to have to flush out or otherwise deal with. Too much and one's own DNA starts to exhibit cancer symptoms from damaged repair abilities. More still and the cells apoptosis (cell cessation) turns on, then the flushing cells come in to clean up the debris.

What concerns me and it did back last February when this all happened, I pointed out exactly what happened, what infection, where I had been, mentioned my own medical background and skill level, pretty much peer status really, and from the hospital administrator, to the patients advocate, from department heads, even to the local police department, every one of them did not take this infection serious.. It was as if they intended to let this spread, if it had reached that mutation level.

That is what is disconcerting about this. So to see the state of this novel-CoV virus back again with the severe mutation ability now active, to me that says, based on what I saw happen to me and my mom, THEY want it mutating in the wild, cause they want to culture an unstoppable strain.

This does seriously concern me, that this probably at least for me being exposed and others, was the first step in the amplification..

They wanted it here in the US, they wanted it with the Saudi's and the rest of the Arab world.

Now who would want that? What would they gain by assaulting the Arabs, and the US?

17. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Chanlo23's Avatar
    Thanks

Gee BobD... I wonder if this is going to show up in Iran/Syria next... wonder who might be developing a vaccine to give to their own folks ... wonder what 'select' insiders might possibly receive it too. Seems to me that amplification is how they develop nasty, severe bio-infections. Each person it kills is used to infect others until they get a strain that is unstoppable by anyone's immune system.

Also, I have been told that increases in odd bacterial infections have increased in the general population of late, but I have no 'official' reports of that at this time.

I suggest we keep an eye on this!

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chanlo23 For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2014), Dawn (27th April 2014), DNA (26th April 2014), Flash (25th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th April 2014)

19. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

I do not know about the overall increase of odd bacterial infections, but I can tell you that I had an odd bacterial infection no later than last week and ended up in hospital with intraveinous antibiotics, 2 types of antibiotics to make sure to beat it. I am still on it, my mouth taste bad lol. It was not scepticemia yet, but on the way for sure. Within 3 days, I could not stand myself. Very fast. I presume my immune system is down for some reason and it took over. It was an inner ear infections, but half my face and neck were swollen and unbearable at touch.

When the antibiotics are over, I will try to rebuild my immune system.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2014), Chanlo23 (25th April 2014), Dawn (27th April 2014), DNA (26th April 2014), Shikasta (25th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th April 2014), varuna (25th April 2014)

21. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Chanlo23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    I do not know about the overall increase of odd bacterial infections, but I can tell you that I had an odd bacterial infection no later than last week and ended up in hospital with intraveinous antibiotics, 2 types of antibiotics to make sure to beat it. I am still on it, my mouth taste bad lol. It was not scepticemia yet, but on the way for sure. Within 3 days, I could not stand myself. Very fast. I presume my immune system is down for some reason and it took over. It was an inner ear infections, but half my face and neck were swollen and unbearable at touch.

When the antibiotics are over, I will try to rebuild my immune system.
    I personally had something similar. Also .. some food that is not prepared/washed properly was able to cause gum infections that spread to the ears through the blood. Any low-level virus can weaken the immune system and that may also be a part of the assault.

So everyone needs to be extra cautious about food preparation, perhaps washing in vegetables food-grade peroxide rinse? Anyone have the right peroxide:water ratio needed and the time to let the food soak?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chanlo23 For This Post:

Bob (25th April 2014), Dawn (27th April 2014), DNA (26th April 2014), Flash (25th April 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th April 2014)

23. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Washington Post is picking up on this N-CoV/MERS outbreak - http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...rrifying-rate/

Saudi medical staff leave the emergency department at a hospital in the center of the Saudi capital Riyadh on April 8, 2014

"On Thursday, the Saudi Arabian health ministry confirmed 13 more cases of patients contracting MERS-CoV, the acronym for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus, as well as two more deaths.

"MERS-CoV is an infectious disease with no known cure and is considered more deadly than SARS--which killed some 800 people during a 2002-2003 outbreak that first started in China.

"Since 2012, 83 people have died and 285 people have contracted the virus in the Kingdom alone.

"It has spread to the neighboring United Arab Emirates. Reports also suggest pilgrims from as far afield as Malaysia and the Philippines contracted the virus while on hajj in Mecca."

"What's been truly alarming has been the recent surge in numbers of those infected, with more confirmed reports so far this year than in all of 2013."

I can definitely confirm that it had spread to UAE.

24. Link to Post #17
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well although I don't like his language, I believe Stephen King is a minor prophet and saw this coming.

I feel bad for you having to go through this.
    It's like the autism struggle but so sudden -- to lose someone like that because the establishment won't listen.

Fast or slow, losing a loved one is terrifying.

25. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

NPR just featured the N-CoV / MERS outbreak saying they say its only a matter of time before this hits the US/Canadian soils.

Wonder if they know it hit the US and Chicago where I flew through last February 2013.

Unless the whole gig was to get amplified samples from folks.

Any body from Chicago area last year Feb/March come down with strange flu like symptoms?

About that time I was talking with people in the San Francisco area. At least one person was reporting a "flu", which wouldn't clear in over a month..

Hmm

26. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

That is superlatively odd.
    A month-long flu!

Is it giving DNA to native bacteria, mutating, or just it just linger that long? eeeeeeek.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15166819

SUMMARY:
    Respiratory viral infections may facilitate secondary bacterial infections and increase host immunopathology through the overproduction of inflammatory cytokines. Preventive measures, including vaccination and aggressive antimicrobial therapy early in the course of infection, may significantly reduce the morbidity and mortality of sepsis.
    PMID: 15166819 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Cytokine Storm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24077366
    J Gen Virol. 2013 Dec;94(Pt 12):2679-90. doi: 10.1099/vir.0.055533-0. Epub 2013 Sep 28.
    Delayed induction of proinflammatory cytokines and suppression of innate antiviral response by the novel Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus: implications for pathogenesis and treatment.
    Lau SK1, Lau CC, Chan KH, Li CP, Chen H, Jin DY, Chan JF, Woo PC, Yuen KY.
    Author information
    Abstract
    The high mortality associated with the novel Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) has raised questions about the possible role of a cytokine storm in its pathogenesis. Although recent studies showed that MERS-CoV infection is associated with an attenuated IFN response, no induction of inflammatory cytokines was demonstrated during the early phase of infection. To study both early and late cytokine responses associated with MERS-CoV infection, we measured the mRNA levels of eight cytokine genes [TNF-α, IL-1β, IL-6, IL-8, IFN-β, monocyte chemotactic protein-1, transforming growth factor-β and IFN-γ-induced protein (IP)-10] in cell lysates of polarized airway epithelial Calu-3 cells infected with MERS-CoV or severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS)-CoV up to 30 h post-infection. Among the eight cytokine genes, IL-1β, IL-6 and IL-8 induced by MERS-CoV were markedly higher than those induced by SARS-CoV at 30 h, whilst TNF-α, IFN-β and IP-10 induced by SARS-CoV were markedly higher than those induced by MERS-CoV at 24 and 30 h in infected Calu-3 cells. The activation of IL-8 and attenuated IFN-β response by MERS-CoV were also confirmed by protein measurements in the culture supernatant when compared with SARS-CoV and Sendai virus. To further confirm the attenuated antiviral response, cytokine response was compared with human HCoV-229E in embryonal lung fibroblast HFL cells, which also revealed higher IFN-β and IP-10 levels induced by HCoV-229E than MERS-CoV at 24 and 30 h. Whilst our data supported recent findings that MERS-CoV elicits attenuated innate immunity, this represents the first report to demonstrate delayed proinflammatory cytokine induction by MERS-CoV. Our results provide insights into the pathogenesis and treatment of MERS-CoV infections.
    PMID: 24077366 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

http://preventdisease.com/news/09/111609_protect_yourself_cytokine_storm.shtml
    Protect Yourself From Death By "Cytokine Storm" and Gross Criminal Negligence

People worldwide now realize there is something foul brewing in the H1N1 swine flu vaccines, government prescribed drugs, and the mass media manufactured "emergency." I guarantee H1N1 will not kill you. What can and probably will if you don't take this warning seriously, and act on it, is DEATH BY TOXIC SHOCK, resulting from an overwhelmed immune system, thanks to a combination of chemical and biological assaults, officials' malfeasance, and gross criminal neglect of the deadliest, most common, naturally-remedied killer--the "cytokine storm."

Since the normal seasonal flu is about 94% more deadly than the current H1N1 pandemic, it is not likely to kill you or especially healthy children and teens. So why are young people with most solid immune systems said to be most vulnerable to death from the "pandemic" flu?

Fueled by the imposed geopolitics and economics that triggered World War I, the 1918 Spanish Flu is estimated to have killed between 50-100 million people. Mostly young healthy victims, experts say, were vulnerable, as they are today, attributable to immune system hyper-stimulation called the cytokine storm.

Cytokines are blood messengers that act like hormones in your body enabling cells to communicate. Every cell is intelligent and knows what it needs to sustain itself. It does so by sending messages within and around itself to regulate everything much like your heartbeat is regulated by adrenalin and other chemicals that operate bio-energetically, passing messages electro-magnetically and bio-acoustically.

This life-sustaining system is naturally tuned like an orchestra by each hormone, cytokine, or "instrument" playing an important part in the symphony of your "living temple." If one or more of these music makers suddenly decides to play solo, raising its volume unnaturally, or if suddenly a thousand trumpets were injected into the brass section, then every other instrument has to compensate by likewise playing, even screaming, louder to be heard. The noise becomes stressful and unbearable to the audience.

Similarly, cytokines are finely-tuned electrochemical messengers responsible for system-wide (i.e., systemic) homeostasis or balance in your body. Scientists observe their increase following trauma and infections. So their numbers have everything to do with body electro-chemistry since trauma, toxicity, and infections require white blood cell body guards to fight for your life, requiring oxygen and generating acid much like muscles generate lactic acid during contractions. Too much acidity following inflammation or immune system hyperactivation, combined with lowered oxygen levels following similar repeated intoxications, and you have a real problem--DEATH BY TOXIC SHOCK AND CYTOKINE STORM.

http://www.healthline.com/health/toxic-shock-syndrome

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Toxi...k-Syndrome.htm

Definition
    Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a multisystem inflammatory response to the presence of bacterial exotoxins.

Pathogenesis
    The infecting staphylococcal or streptococcal exotoxin acts as a superantigen, setting off a reactive inflammatory cascade, mediated predominantly by tumour necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-1.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00000866.htm

Toxic Shock Syndrome Following Influenza -- Oregon; Update on Influenza Activity -- United States

Oregon. A case of toxic shock syndrome (TSS) following influenza has been reported to CDC. On December 11, 1986, a 13-year-old white female with fever, hypotension, and acute respiratory failure was seen at an Oregon hospital. Pertinent findings on physical examination included a temperature of 39 C (102 F); blood pressure of 60/0; evidence of upper airway obstruction; and conjunctival, palatal, and lingual hyperemia. A chest radiograph at the time of admission showed a bilateral increase in lung markings consistent with a diagnosis of early adult respiratory distress syndrome.

Hope this helps

Mad World

27. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Tesla, good technical explanation of the mechanism of immune system overwhelm, a build-up of toxins that could further shut down organs, and some of the differences in the MERS-nCoV epidemic and SARS (Sudden Acute Respiratory Syndrome). This MERS stuff seems to hit like AIDs, with defeating the first line of defense against the virus, the interferon production. Interferon acts like that tagging mechanism that says, this is a VIRUS and it doesn't belong here. With AIDs so much of the recognization mechanism is destroyed, the virus runs rampant..

What I noticed was it was important to constantly flush out, and get enough raw body building material inside to deal with the needed repairs. Every time a mutation happened, it had to be started all over again. Just using a zapper device, Beck, Rife/ or Clark didn't do much really, such just added MORE inflammation response..

When the inflammation finally kicks in, it is in over-drive, not a normal you get the sniffles (cytokine activation) and an attempt to flood out the invader, with the MERS-CoV, the flooding turns on to a tidal wave, that keeps on coming.. The normal mechanism to turn that off then gets damaged, so the flood continues, and pneumonia..

And of course a secondary infection can appear cause of the bleeding capillaries..

I believe a workable treatment regimen can be developed when it can deal with all these conditions. I don't believe though normal hospitals or their attending physicians have ANY CLUE in how to deal with complex respiratory issues. From what I saw, what they do is cookbook, and if it doesn't fit the cookbook templates, they are at a loss, and by the time any "specialist" is called, it is too late..

They need to stay ON-TOP of this one..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast