+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: 9, The number of the universe

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,082 times in 817 posts

Default Re: 9, The number of the universe

Quote Posted by Soul Safari (here)

^The argument for 10 being the divine number is that it includes 1 the center of the circle and 9 the circle, I think the beauty of music has so many more elements than its frequency. I have heard beautiful music at 432hz and 440hz.

Music is beautiful full stop. You only have to start tapping your hands and forming a drum beat and that can be therapeutic. Hypnotic even..

I love each element. If you listen to Latin percussion or African drums to a horn section and hypnosis will takes over. I play Funk,Soul, Hip -Hop & Reggae. Each one of them contain an element, spiritual to your soul. Somebody asked me recently why I play Reggae? Without hesitation I replied 'Because you can just stand there and FEEL it' Baring in mind this was an intrigued girl of ethnic origin asking why a white guy from Essex was into such a sound (Essex, Uk isn't your most ethnic area of England after all )

In any event.. If 432 is the ultimate frequency for people to listen to good music - they need to know!
    I have seen some good intellectual arguments regarding the 432, 440 debate but I am yet to be convinced on a listening, goose bumps, hair standing on end level.

I think more important with great music is that it is live, my girlfriend is an extremely advanced classical pianist, the difference between her playing on a very good electric keyboard to a very good real piano is of no comparison.

A real piano has actual strings that are vibrating the air, a electric piano synthetically recreates this, it is like comparing organic food to a synthetic substitute.

Anything we hear of youtube or is recorded is not the real thing,

for me live music has no comparison, of course they have to be good musicians
    “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious. The latter procedure, however, is disagreeable and therefore not popular.” (Carl Jung)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dorjezigzag For This Post:

Frank V (28th April 2014), Soul Safari (28th April 2014), TargeT (28th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,381 times in 527 posts

All numbers are interesting. The number nine in particular with its patterns and arithmetic magic. Numbers are part of the science of the universe. But when you see the patterns, as intriguing as the are to ponder on many levels, how do you incorporate that knowledge into practical everyday life or is it some apart from living every day?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blake For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (28th April 2014), petra (9th July 2019), seko (23rd July 2019), TargeT (28th April 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by blake (here)
    All numbers are interesting. The number nine in particular with its patterns and arithmetic magic. Numbers are part of the science of the universe. But when you see the patterns, as intriguing as the are to ponder on many levels, how do you incorporate that knowledge into practical everyday life or is it some apart from living every day?
    I think its kind of like the difference between building with blocks, and building with legos... you can make a wall with either one, but there will be a (at least slight) difference when legos (understanding) are used.

for example, understanding the Fibonacci sequence lends to many practical uses (art, music, construction, understanding etc..); these other patterns however, well perhaps we (me for sure!) have yet to find their use, but that doesn't mean they are use-less.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (28th April 2014), KiwiElf (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd July 2019)

7. Link to Post #44
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

Nine is the control number. When nine is positive. there is an input of energy, then 3 and 6 are negative. 9 is a pulse. When nine is negative,3 and 6 are positive and energy flows out of the vortex. When energy flows out, magnetism is going in to the center. This creates gravity. The The doubling and halving of the numbers create mirror images. The doubling is growth. The halving is decay.The 3 is male, the 6 is female. The 3 is triangular, the 6 is hexagonal, the 9 is a diamond. The mirror imaging creates handedness or chirality. 9 is the control. All doubles and halves resolve to 9. 9 forms the axis and polarizes the other numbers.A432 is the control note of the scale with other notes doubling. Polarized numbers create sound and color by doubling. Cells double until 64 then they become indidualized oe one (6 + 4 is 10, 1 +0 is 1.

This is from notes from lectures by Randy Powell on You Tube. I' m reminded that I should watch these again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

petra (9th July 2019)

9. Link to Post #45
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)

Pretty sure all 9 of those cards are banned! Black Lotus... oh my. Whoever designed that one needs a kick in the head.... ;-)

I don't get the '9' reference in regard to MTG, but I do have this cute music video about how the fantastic number 9 is "perfectly consistent" and "works out every time" EDIT: This relates to Aragorn's posting here.
    Last edited by petra; 9th July 2019 at 15:23.

10. Link to Post #46
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Quote Posted by noprophet (here)
    I would pick the number 7 , if I had to give infinite space a number ... the seven belts of creation , the seven sisters , the seven prophets , the seven stages of evolution , the seven sub-stages of evolution , if we go extinct it will be the seventh extinction , the seven days of a week , seven the number of perfection and completion ... not to disagree with your research , just a different perspective ...
    It is also the only base-10 that does not divide into 360.
    360/1 = 1 | 360/2 = 180 | 360/3 = 120 | 360/4 = 90 | 360/5 = 72 | 360/6 = 60 | 360/7 = 51.428571 | 360/8 = 45 | 360/9 = 40 | 360/10 = 36

In some numerological thinking a divisible number [that is not an approximation=decimal] is a complex made of interactions between separate forces. An indivisible number is a force unto itself.

Every number is important though, there is no "god number" in my opinion. It's all infinite differentiation from 1.
    I totally agree , all numbers are important , you need the number 1 to go anywhere with it ... no matter how far forward you go , you can always get back to 1 ...
    The decimal system is flawed because it can't express fractions properly. For example 0.9999.... == 1. It took a while for it to make sense to me, but once it did I could see the flaw. Here's the Wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/0.999...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

DeDukshyn (9th July 2019), ulli (9th July 2019)

12. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

.999 repeating will only equal 1 at infinity - not during finite time. That is the flaw. Science and mathematics do not do well with infinity.

And anyway .999repeating is .001repeating less than one. Unless one accpets that .001repeating is zero.

Seen the video too - and know what he says. Just don't buy it because of the failure of logic due to crossing levels again inappropriately.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 9th July 2019 at 16:40.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

ulli (9th July 2019)

14. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I would pick the number 7 , if I had to give infinite space a number ... the seven belts of creation , the seven sisters , the seven prophets , the seven stages of evolution , the seven sub-stages of evolution , if we go extinct it will be the seventh extinction , the seven days of a week , seven the number of perfection and completion ... not to disagree with your research , just a different perspective ...
    I have to agree.
    I was about to say as much earlier, but I would have been the first post on the thread, and I didn't want to come off like I was being oppositional for the sake of being oppositional.

As well the examples ghostrider gave there are 7 soul types, 7 chief features, seven colors in the rainbow and seven notes on a musical scale. And though I'm sure there would be debate about it, 7 planes of existence.

The number 7 was given great significance in the esoteric writings of Helena Petrona Blavatsky and Alice Bailey, the whole of their Cosmologies were built around it.

HPB wrote:

Isis Unveiled Vol 1 and Vol 2

The Secret Doctrine Vol 1 and Vol 2

Alice Bailey wrote:

A Treatise on Cosmic Fire
    Last edited by Peter UK; 23rd July 2019 at 05:20.

15. Link to Post #49
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,754 times in 978 posts

Quote Posted by blake (here)
    I can't imagine that any number doesn't have significance and numerologists make numbers work.

On the basis of 9 comes the Enneagram:

The Enneagram is a personality typing system that consists of nine different types. Everyone is considered to be one single type, although one can have traits belonging to other ones. While it's uncertain whether this type is genetically determined, many believe it is already in place at birth.

The nine types (or "enneatypes", "ennea" means "nine") are universally identified by the numbers 1 to 9.

These numbers have a standard way of being placed around the Enneagram symbol.

Enneagram type descriptions:

Type 1 - The Reformer
    Perfectionists, responsible, fixated on improvement

Type 2 - The Helper
    Helpers who need to be needed

Type 3 - The Achiever
    Focused on the presentation of success, to attain validation

Type 4 - The Individualist
    Identity seekers, who feel unique and different

Type 5 - The Investigator
    Thinkers who tend to withdraw and observe

Type 6 - The Loyalist
    Conflicted between trust and distrust

Type 7 - The Enthusiast
    Pleasure seekers and planners, in search of distraction

Type 8 - The Challenger
    Taking charge, because they don't want to be controlled

Type 9 - The Peacemaker
    Keeping peace and harmony

The above is a very simplified overview of the enneagram.

This isn't a system that to me seems intuitive but many practitioners lay great claims on it.
    Last edited by Peter UK; 23rd July 2019 at 09:14.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peter UK For This Post:

Jayke (23rd July 2019), KiwiElf (23rd July 2019), Mike (23rd July 2019), ulli (23rd July 2019), Valerie Villars (23rd July 2019)

17. Link to Post #50
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

18. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Kiwi, that last video was hard to take. Thank the stars I caught on and stopped watching the 30 minute advertising...

the first vid was good, though.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 24th July 2019 at 16:43. Reason: tone
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

KiwiElf (24th July 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3