+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possibly a breakthrough for Parkinson's disease.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 times in 625 posts

Default Possibly a breakthrough for Parkinson's disease.

Possibly a breakthrough for Parkinson's disease

Swedish researchers at Lund University , may have discovered a new and innovative method to cure the dreaded Parkinson's disease , according to Swedish Radio .

Researchers at Lund University may have found a new and promising way to fight Parkinson's disease, which can often be debilitating.

By stimulating a particular protein a battery of processes running that slows the disease and restore the damage to the movement system , caused by the disease .

- You can talk about the brain's ability to total defense is activated . After five weeks of treatment, the brain cells as well as restored , says Professor Angela Cenci - Nilsson, the Swedish national radio P4 .

widely symptoms..

The protein , as researchers from Lund University are using has been known to protect against brain hemorrhages , but has never before been tested in Parkinson's disease.

Symptoms disappear in Parkinson's disease include tremor of the hands , stiffness in the body and impaired balance . It also develops many mental symptoms .

One percent of the population aged 60-70 years develop the disease .

Source: http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2014/05/02/043251.htm

With Google translation.

Kindly regards Johnny
    There would be no life here on Earth without YOU, at least not as YOU know it. /Johnny

The fact that I pressed the thanks button is not necessarily because I agree with you, but more so that I can see the threads I follow, that I have read your post.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Johnny For This Post:

annacherie (2nd May 2014), avid (2nd May 2014), Cognitive Dissident (2nd May 2014), Conchis (2nd May 2014), Dawn (2nd May 2014), eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), Ellisa (2nd May 2014), enfoldedblue (2nd May 2014), grannyfranny100 (2nd May 2014), halffull (2nd May 2014), JRS (2nd May 2014), Lifebringer (2nd May 2014), linksplatinum (2nd May 2014), loungelizard (2nd May 2014), minkton (2nd May 2014), selinam (2nd May 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Default Re: Possibly a breakthrough for Parkinson's disease.

I do hope that this is a treatment for this dreadful disease. I know some people with it and they are very brave and determined to try to keep going. A treatment (I dare not say 'cure') cannot come quickly enough.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellisa For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), enfoldedblue (2nd May 2014), Frederick Jackson (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014), JRS (2nd May 2014), minkton (2nd May 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Yes, thank you. It is also known that Parkinsons responds well to a diet low in sugar and rich in certain oils, such as those found in distilled coconut oil and grass fed butters. The effective components of these oils appear to be the fatty acids: caprillic acid, capric acid, and lauric acid. Reversal in most brain disease which is often associated with aging is usually seen when dietary changes using these oils and a low sugar diet such as a paleo diet are followed. Scientists are finding that portions of the brain which are unable to function on sugars can function on ketones resulting from fatty acids instead. This has coined the term 'diabetes of the brain' which is also sometimes termed 'diabetes type III'. Such mental illnesses as ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), MS, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, and dementia are usually completely reversed with simple dietary changes such as these.

Here is a simple article which links Parkinsons with diabetes to give you an idea of the relationship between the two of them found here: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=4506362
    Quote -- As people with obesity-linked type 2 diabetes age, their risk of getting Parkinson's disease also climbs, a new study warns.......................
    When Hu and his team evaluated the subjects' medical histories, they found that people with type 2 diabetes were 83 percent more likely to get Parkinson's.
    And here is a look at this topic: http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/02/alzheimers.aspx
    Quote Possibly, according to work by neuropathologist Suzanne M. de la Monte, MD, of Brown University and other researchers. In fact, de la Monte and her team have dubbed Alzheimer's "Type 3 diabetes."

Here is a link to my favorite site which is rich in information and even has a forum: bulletproofexec.com
    It is common for people on the 'bulletproof' diet to increase their IQ and many people on the discussion forum there discuss their results.
    In Type 2 diabetes, the body's cells stop taking in glucose from the bloodstream, either because the pancreas stops creating enough insulin or cells start ignoring insulin's repeated requests for them to pick up glucose — the latter a condition known as insulin resistance. With Type 3 diabetes, says de la Monte, the problem is insulin resistance in the brain.
    In a paper published in Current Alzheimer Research, de la Monte reviews the growing body of evidence suggesting that Alzheimer's is fundamentally a metabolic disease in which the brain's ability to use glucose and produce energy is impaired. In one study, for example, de la Monte and her colleagues found that blocking insulin's path to the brain resulted in Alzheimer's-like neurodegeneration in rats.
    Alarmingly, she adds, the drug they used to block insulin in the experiment resembles the nitrites found in many processed foods. High-fat diets exacerbate the neurodegeneration brought on by nitrites, she says.
    Age-adjusted trends in Alzheimer's and Type 2 diabetes prevalence are similar, de la Monte points out. And because genetic forms of Alzheimer's represent the minority of cases, she says, the rapid rise in its prevalence suggests an "exposure model" of disease. The evidence, she writes, suggests that Alzheimer's "is a metabolic disease with virtually all of the features of diabetes mellitus, but largely confined to the brain."
    The findings underscore the importance of psychologists' helping clients ditch the junk food and get off the couch, says psychologist Margaret Gatz, PhD, whose own research has found diabetes to be a significant risk factor for Alzheimer's.
    "We know that if people observe good habits with respect to diet and exercise, it can make a difference in their risk of diabetes and in turn for their risk of dementia," says Gatz, a professor of psychology, gerontology and preventive medicine at the University of Southern California. "That's another reason psychologists should absolutely be encouraging good health behaviors and helping people make lifestyle changes."
    While Gatz agrees with the premise of the new research, she's not 100 percent behind the name "Type 3 diabetes."
    My favorite site for detailed information on exactly how to pull this off and still enjoy life and eating is: www.bulletproofexec.com They even have a wonderful forum there where many people discuss their results. I have been on this diet for 5 months now and have notices extreme changes in my brain power.
    Last edited by Dawn; 2nd May 2014 at 07:33.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

annacherie (2nd May 2014), Cognitive Dissident (2nd May 2014), Conchis (2nd May 2014), eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), enfoldedblue (2nd May 2014), Frederick Jackson (2nd May 2014), hohoemi (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014), minkton (2nd May 2014), Pam (2nd May 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Mexico Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Yes, and interestingly, Alzheimers patients are found to have low cholesterol levels, so I can see how a diet rich in these fatty acids may help with Alzheimers disease. And it makes me wonder how the insane campaign to lower cholesterol (now they are aiming at fourth graders) is contributing to the Alzheimer's epidemic.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Frederick Jackson For This Post:

conk (2nd May 2014), Dawn (2nd May 2014), eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), enfoldedblue (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014), Pam (2nd May 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Quote Fredrick Jackson: Yes, and interestingly, Alzheimers patients are found to have low cholesterol levels, so I can see how a diet rich in these fatty acids may help with Alzheimers disease. And it makes me wonder how the insane campaign to lower cholesterol (now they are aiming at fourth graders) is contributing to the Alzheimer's epidemic.
    Yes Fredrick. And there is evidence pointing to the preponderence of vegetable oils in the modern diet as a big part of the issue. It seems we need specific fats... all the olive oil, sunflower oil, almond oil, canola oils... blah blah blah are NOT good for our bodies. They go rancid quickly (ie: oxidise in the body) leaving our cells with a serious structural problem. The TYPE of oils we eat are NOT good. This is why knowing what types of fat are needed by the body and should be part of the diet is so important.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), enfoldedblue (2nd May 2014), Frederick Jackson (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,180 times in 2,653 posts

I have been taking bacopa monniera (3 500mg caps daily) and omega fish oil(2 caps daily) along with my prescription phenytoin sodium because of my partial seizures that came on at the end of last year from loss of sleep and age...I had been having mild seizures all my life and was not aware...I found out that I had a seizure at 3 months as a baby also from my Mother's life story shared with my Nephew about ten years ago..
    I am adding this here because I am getting good personal mental uplift from the bacopa and if you do some research it may just help in the Parkinson's arena also.

Thank You for bringing this to PA, Johnny and Dawn : )

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eaglespirit For This Post:

enfoldedblue (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Mexico Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Eaglespirt, Dawn, others, you all are no doubt aware of the study some years ago that found that people who smoked cigarettes and drank a lot of coffee were much less likely to get Parkinsons. I am glad I did not get too health conscious too early in life and cut out coffee and cigarettes because my father had Parkinsons. So my "bad" habits may have saved me. (I am 71 now and knock on wood, do not have Parkinsons). While I quit smoking 8 years ago and no longer drink the 22 cups of coffee a day that I did in my prime (this daytime coffee habit was counterbalanced by large quantities of alcohol in the evening) I do enjoy three or four cups of coffee a day. The medical and health establishments have just about killed us as a nation with the near half century of sick exhortations to lower fat and cholesterol intake. Only recently have we seen a reversal on butter (and eggs?) as it is recognized that the hydrogenated plant fats in margarine are absolutely terrible for you. Ditto on other plants fats such as soy and canola. I have always thought olive oil was good. How can it be bad if it tastes so good? Coconut oil is also a good plant fat and I try to use this when I can in cooking. While I tell my wife to avoid the canola (rapeseed?) oil and soy oil for sure I make no fuss over sunflower (for general frying, particularly deep frying).

Every day it seems more and more good things are found out about coffee. (To get the best out of the coffee brew it piping hot). Apparently as good an antioxidant as the coffee bean is, THE HUSK IS MANY TIMES MORE POTENT. I am not familiar with the bacopa monniera will have to look it up. I too take fish oil. And now I am also taking beta sitosterol (also for cholesterol and triglicerides management).
    Last edited by Frederick Jackson; 2nd May 2014 at 09:29.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frederick Jackson For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), halffull (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Conchis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 times in 274 posts

My wife suffers from Parkinson's disease and I will certainly look into this. I will tell you that we decided to go 80% raw a while back and it made a HUGE difference in her symptoms. We also totally eliminated wheat and as much gluten as we could. Diet does play a role, but I hadn't heard about the caprillic acid/capric acid ideas and I'll look into that as well. Thanks for posting this.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conchis For This Post:

eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014), minkton (2nd May 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Yes, thank you. It is also known that Parkinsons responds well to a diet low in sugar and rich in certain oils, such as those found in distilled coconut oil and grass fed butters. The effective components of these oils appear to be the fatty acids: caprillic acid, capric acid, and lauric acid. Reversal in most brain disease which is often associated with aging is usually seen when dietary changes using these oils and a low sugar diet such as a paleo diet are followed. Scientists are finding that portions of the brain which are unable to function on sugars can function on ketones resulting from fatty acids instead. This has coined the term 'diabetes of the brain' which is also sometimes termed 'diabetes type III'. Such mental illnesses as ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease), MS, Parkinsons, Alzheimers, and dementia are usually completely reversed with simple dietary changes such as these.

Here is a simple article which links Parkinsons with diabetes to give you an idea of the relationship between the two of them found here: http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Healthday/story?id=4506362
    Quote -- As people with obesity-linked type 2 diabetes age, their risk of getting Parkinson's disease also climbs, a new study warns.......................
    When Hu and his team evaluated the subjects' medical histories, they found that people with type 2 diabetes were 83 percent more likely to get Parkinson's.
    And here is a look at this topic: http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/02/alzheimers.aspx
    Quote Possibly, according to work by neuropathologist Suzanne M. de la Monte, MD, of Brown University and other researchers. In fact, de la Monte and her team have dubbed Alzheimer's "Type 3 diabetes."

Here is a link to my favorite site which is rich in information and even has a forum: bulletproofexec.com
    It is common for people on the 'bulletproof' diet to increase their IQ and many people on the discussion forum there discuss their results.
    In Type 2 diabetes, the body's cells stop taking in glucose from the bloodstream, either because the pancreas stops creating enough insulin or cells start ignoring insulin's repeated requests for them to pick up glucose — the latter a condition known as insulin resistance. With Type 3 diabetes, says de la Monte, the problem is insulin resistance in the brain.
    In a paper published in Current Alzheimer Research, de la Monte reviews the growing body of evidence suggesting that Alzheimer's is fundamentally a metabolic disease in which the brain's ability to use glucose and produce energy is impaired. In one study, for example, de la Monte and her colleagues found that blocking insulin's path to the brain resulted in Alzheimer's-like neurodegeneration in rats.
    Alarmingly, she adds, the drug they used to block insulin in the experiment resembles the nitrites found in many processed foods. High-fat diets exacerbate the neurodegeneration brought on by nitrites, she says.
    Age-adjusted trends in Alzheimer's and Type 2 diabetes prevalence are similar, de la Monte points out. And because genetic forms of Alzheimer's represent the minority of cases, she says, the rapid rise in its prevalence suggests an "exposure model" of disease. The evidence, she writes, suggests that Alzheimer's "is a metabolic disease with virtually all of the features of diabetes mellitus, but largely confined to the brain."
    The findings underscore the importance of psychologists' helping clients ditch the junk food and get off the couch, says psychologist Margaret Gatz, PhD, whose own research has found diabetes to be a significant risk factor for Alzheimer's.
    "We know that if people observe good habits with respect to diet and exercise, it can make a difference in their risk of diabetes and in turn for their risk of dementia," says Gatz, a professor of psychology, gerontology and preventive medicine at the University of Southern California. "That's another reason psychologists should absolutely be encouraging good health behaviors and helping people make lifestyle changes."
    While Gatz agrees with the premise of the new research, she's not 100 percent behind the name "Type 3 diabetes."
    My favorite site for detailed information on exactly how to pull this off and still enjoy life and eating is: www.bulletproofexec.com They even have a wonderful forum there where many people discuss their results. I have been on this diet for 5 months now and have notices extreme changes in my brain power.
    or autism for that matter. I think saturated fats and a few chemically raised corn crops are the problem.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Conchis (2nd May 2014), eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    ....I think saturated fats and a few chemically raised corn crops are the problem.
    Perhaps saturated fats from grain fed animals, but otherwise sat fats have a bad rap. All corn oil is rancid. All processed oils and fats are rancid and void of any food or nutritional value at all. The human body craves raw, unprocessed fatty acids.

These are great resources for anyone seriously interested in fats, health, and nutrition. 1. Healing is Voltage, by Dr. Jerry Tennant. 2. Any book written by or about Dr. Johanna Budwig. Dr. Budwig's work is based and expanded upon the Nobel Prize winner Otto Warburg's research and writings.

The cells of the body are little batteries or capacitors. The organs of the body are wired together as Tesla circuits. Cellular components require raw fats to build their structures. Use of processed (one molecule from plastic) fats essentially build a cell membrane that cannot be penetrated by electrical communication from other parts of the Tesla resonating circuit. The new "plastic" cell membrane (the brain of the cell) is a barrier to any kind of signal. For example, the cell sends a signal that it is hungry. The body sends glucose and insulin to the cell. The can't get through the plastic membrane, so the cell sends more signals. The body sends more. The cell is now surrounded by glucose and insulin that can't get in, but must be handled somehow. It is off-loaded into fat cells. People who eat plastic food get fatter and fatter. A brain that is supposed to be made up of cholesterol and good fats is now made of plastic. Hmmmm, how does that work out for us? Guess what happens to a liver made of plastic? Not getting rid of many toxins then, eh?

THE worst offender is Canola oil. Be very scared of it!
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd May 2014 at 23:51. Reason: fix quoting
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Conchis (2nd May 2014), eaglespirit (2nd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014), Pam (2nd May 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Dr. Mary Newport and coconut oil for Alzheimer's.

http://youtu.be/feyydeMFWy4

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,696 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    ....I think saturated fats and a few chemically raised corn crops are the problem.
    Perhaps saturated fats from grain fed animals, but otherwise sat fats have a bad rap. All corn oil is rancid. All processed oils and fats are rancid and void of any food or nutritional value at all. The human body craves raw, unprocessed fatty acids.

These are great resources for anyone seriously interested in fats, health, and nutrition. 1. Healing is Voltage, by Dr. Jerry Tennant. 2. Any book written by or about Dr. Johanna Budwig. Dr. Budwig's work is based and expanded upon the Nobel Prize winner Otto Warburg's research and writings.

The cells of the body are little batteries or capacitors. The organs of the body are wired together as Tesla circuits. Cellular components require raw fats to build their structures. Use of processed (one molecule from plastic) fats essentially build a cell membrane that cannot be penetrated by electrical communication from other parts of the Tesla resonating circuit. The new "plastic" cell membrane (the brain of the cell) is a barrier to any kind of signal. For example, the cell sends a signal that it is hungry. The body sends glucose and insulin to the cell. The can't get through the plastic membrane, so the cell sends more signals. The body sends more. The cell is now surrounded by glucose and insulin that can't get in, but must be handled somehow. It is off-loaded into fat cells. People who eat plastic food get fatter and fatter. A brain that is supposed to be made up of cholesterol and good fats is now made of plastic. Hmmmm, how does that work out for us? Guess what happens to a liver made of plastic? Not getting rid of many toxins then, eh?

THE worst offender is Canola oil. Be very scared of it!

This makes so much sense to me. I plan to order the book by Tennent. Can you give us a list of good and bad oils?
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 2nd May 2014 at 23:53. Reason: fix quoting

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

conk (7th May 2014), jbins (3rd May 2014), Johnny (2nd May 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Cannabis has real potential here. The CBD 1 and 2 receptors re enter the neuron, providing a 'feedback loop'
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Pam (4th May 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    ....This makes so much sense to me. I plan to order the book by Tennent. Can you give us a list of good and bad oils?
    Bad fats/oils: Canola (Rapeseed), Corn, Cottonseed (!!!), Sunflower, Safflower, Grapeseed, Walnut. Don't succumb to any marketing or advertising BS concerning these oils.

Occasional use ok: Avocado oil, Macadamia Nut oil (very high smoke point, good for low heat pan cooking)

Best/Most Healthful: Coconut, Flax seed, Borage oil, Primrose oil, Olive oil (beware of imposters), Hemp oil, Butter oil, and a few others I'm forgetting. Coconut oil is the oil to use for cooking. The rest should be eaten raw, and most importantly should be produced without heat and light.

Bottom line, use raw, unprocessed fats in your diet without fear. The body CRAVES fatty acids, especially the brain.

To reiterate, canola is bad news. It used to be called rapeseed and was (and is) used as an industrial lubricant. They couldn't very well market and oil called rapeseed, so Canada made up the name Canola and successfully marketed it to the world as a safe alternative. Please! There are no alternatives to Mother Nature's versions. God's design trumps all.
    Last edited by conk; 5th May 2014 at 15:21.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

+ Reply to Thread