+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast

Thread: The economic train wreck (was "Lindsey Williams warning of May 2014")

1. Link to Post #41
    Hong Kong Avalon Member syrwong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,586 times in 713 posts

Default Re: Brief warning from Lindsey Williams (2 May 2014)

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    -------

I agree that what Lindsey Williams posted is of little real value. Of interest -- but also of limited value -- is this, posted by Gordon Duff on Veterans Today on 2 May, the same day:

http://veteranstoday.com/2014/05/02/...-nuclear-alert

Breaking: Nuclear Alert:
    Stolen Nuclear Material Heading into US

This is another story I don’t want to write or be interviewed about. I only post these things because the sources are NOT internet gossip but are too credible to ignore. I get no joy out of this. The obvious reason to write this is to stop another 9/11.

This is what I have:

Nuclear material, I am assuming highly enriched uranium, 1.05 tons, was stolen from Pakistan on April 18, 2014. It was transported by air to the UK where it was stored in a moving warehouse in Teignmouth, Devon. The facility involved has been used previously to store illegal weapons by security agencies of the US and UK including South African WMDs.

From there, the shipment was, we are informed, broken into three parcels and is being transported as of this writing, 11:07 EST, May 2, 2014, to the US. Shipments are to have left from both Heathrow and Gatwick airports.

We are also told that computer viruses are taking down US capability of disseminating sensor information

Now for my editorializing. Obama and Kerry have not be running blindly when the “Illuminati” has shouted “squirrel!” There is no evidence of Israeli involvement but evidence of a very real “right wing conspiracy” here.

My guess, and it is only a guess, is that China and Pakistan are to be blamed but that Iran is to be attacked after “fall guy” facilitators are created and “pristine passports” are found as with 9/11.

My recommendation to readers is to send this everywhere. Minimally, if we do what we intend and stop what is going on, this warning will disappear as another “Alex Jones” type conspiracy piece.

I have only written this because the sources are such they cannot be ignored. At one time, claiming that Americans would kill other Americans by the thousands would be considered “extreme.” Those times are long gone. Look to the “usual suspects.”
    The worry is not unsound, if we take into account of this passage from Bush'es lecture at the Defense University many years back:
    With the presence -- with the passage of time, the memories of September the 11th have grown more distant. That's natural. That's what happens with time. And for some, there's the temptation to think that the threats to our country have grown distant, as well. They have not. And our job, for those of us who have been called to protect America, is never to forget the threat, and to implement strategies that will protect the homeland. On 9/11, we saw that oceans which separate us from other continents no longer separates us from danger. We saw the cruelty of the terrorists. We saw the future they intend for us. They intend to strike our country again. Oh, some dismiss that as empty chatter; I'm telling you, they intend to strike our country again. And the next time they hope to cause destruction that will make 9/11 pale by comparison. (Italics added)
    http://2001-2009.state.gov/r/pa/ei/wh/94059.htm
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 9th May 2014 at 18:19. Reason: Indent Bush quote

2. Link to Post #42
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

Quote Posted by syrwong (here)
    The worry is not unsound, if we take into account of this passage from Bush'es lecture at the Defense University many years back:
    ... On 9/11, we saw that oceans which separate us from other continents no longer separates us from danger. We saw the cruelty of the terrorists. We saw the future they intend for us. They intend to strike our country again. Oh, some dismiss that as empty chatter; I'm telling you, they intend to strike our country again. And the next time they hope to cause destruction that will make 9/11 pale by comparison. (Italics added)
    Bush would know. He was one of the terrorists.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2014), InTheBackground (15th May 2014), Krist (10th May 2014), Lone Bean (9th May 2014)

4. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Wade Frazier (if I understand him, which I might well not) is seeking to build awareness of the potential of such physics and technology amongst a few, more aware humans ... but humans of ordinary status, not in the inner circles of the controllers. These humans could form the fertile ground on which the awareness and potential of such capabilities could be brought to more of humanity.

Joseph P. Farrell has concluded that the controllers are more concerned of an off-planet threat, that was revealed by the presence of UFO's over US and Russian atomic weapon facilities, shortly after the end of World War II, and the controllers are in a great hurry to transition our human civilization to parity with these other beings, with the technology implied by this new physics under their control.

These are two very different views.
    Well, it's hard to create a context for all of the variables, as the controllers probably have a dozen contingency timelines running along with their primary objectives.

We can surmise that they have developed an off planet "get out of dodge" system of interstellar craft with outposts on other planets, along with contingency plans developed for any alien invasion of earth, such as underground bases and laser weaponry, should they need to stay here and hunker down. Such a paranoid bunch, aren't they?

But, on another more pragmatic level, if they choose to find themselves remaining here on earth, they do want to develop a newer hybrid species of more docile and subservient humans while extracting the existing troublesome awakening humanoids, and retooling the infrastructure and machinery to implement this corporacratic restructuring.

Yet, step down the pyramid of power to the next level, and we have the global financial control system of the District of Columbia and the City of London, affectionately known as the western bush cabal interests at the behest of the Rockefeller agents of the Rothschild agents of the Vatican, who might be setting up the whole BRICS alliance as a counter dialectic to foment divisiveness and agitated repulsion of the IMF global clearing system based on the dollar, and doing it with full intent.

Follow what's happening. Supposedly the BRICS are stacking gold and are intentioning to move away from the dollar denominated global clearing and settling system and developing their own, to go head to head with the IMF system. This plays right into the hands of the globalists who actually have most of the gold and can manipulate its price (as witnessed the last few years) to anything they want. They also have the largest global mercenary military force on the planet to force their draconian measures, should any nation attempt to go rogue on their system.

So, the BRICS load up on gold, the IMF globalists drive the price down to 700 an ounce, this devastates the BRICS economies, the banksters start skirmishes all throughout the east, forcing these nations into more debt to fund these skirmishes, and they retain the dollar hegemony as the strongest currency to which no one can survive without it or going against it.

This is the more likely scenario, in my mind. Of course their are outliers which could occur, such as we can all awake and ascend to higher consciousness before the cabal can implement their agenda, or the Asian ninjas could just take out all the bad guys, or benevolent ET's could circumvent their plans, or the US military force stands down against cabal orders, or free energy overwhelms the control grid.

Nevertheless, we are living in interesting times, but the bad guys are not just going to lay down and let their system, which has absconded with all of the wealth of the planet and controls all aspects of commerce and behavior, to be circumvented by a couple rogue nations or agents. I just don't see it happening.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 10th May 2014 at 16:15.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2014), Conehead (10th May 2014), InTheBackground (12th May 2014), Krist (10th May 2014), NancyV (10th May 2014)

6. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I see the movement of gold to China as being
    1. a bribe to keep it, and the Chinese people, in the game, as Saudi Arabia's princes were bribed earlier, and
    2. a means to bolster its renminbi (denominated in yuan) currency to status appropriate for its inclusion in the SDR's basket of currencies.
    The cynical variant of the Golden Rule - he who has the gold rules - is stated backwards.

It is not that gold goes where it will, depending on trade, resources and productivity, with power following along, to whomever holds the most gold.

Rather power goes where it will, depending on knowledge, families, and other esoterica, with gold following along, to whomever happens to be most powerful, as one of the more effective means ever invented to control the masses. But it is not the only such means ... not at all.
    I think I got my explanation of the movement of gold to China wrong. The gold movement is not a shorter term tactic to fund a foil for the Anglo-American power, but a consequence of a larger historical shift in power from the Atlantic to the Orient.

I should have listened to my cynical variant of the Golden Rule. Restating, it's not that he who has the gold rules, but it's that he who rules steals the gold.

The "Force" is shifting to the Chinese-Russian axis, and the gold is being pulled along, to reflect that power shift. The gold shift is not an offering of trinkets as a bribe to some "gullible Chinese" as I implied in the quote above, but rather a reflection of a genuine shift in the center of world power to Asia.

Another symbol of this shift is the sale to China of JPMorgan's headquarters building in Manhattan, which housed the world's largest gold vault in its basement, connected (so legend says) with the New York Federal Reserve's gold vault by a tunnel. The shift has been in process at least since Nixon "opened China" in 1972, Walmart stores went national in the US in the 1970's, and Clinton granted China most favored nation trade status in 1997.

GlassSteagallfan posted an excellent interview of Jim Willie that he provided a half year ago. See my response to that post, just made, with a few more details: NS/\ - Cl/\ - FBl - Ml5 - Ml6 - CESUS -- Post #18

In this interview, Jim Willie lists three uber-powerful groups in the West:
    1. the Ashkenazi Jews (my wording, not Jim's)
    2. the Satanists (e.g. child sacrificers), and
    3. the Drug Lords.
    Willie says that George H.W. Bush is worth trillions, from the heroin business, having gained control over the Cambodia triangle (in the Vietnam War), the Afghan fields (in the War on Terror), the European distribution in Kosovo (NATO war), as well as the primary USA distributor (the CIA). G.H.W.Bush is called "poppy" for a reason <grin>.

The Anglo-bankers (New York and London) as well as the Drug Lords drew the short straw in this power shift. They are retiring to Paraguay, jumping off tall buildings, or being held in a jail on or under the sea in the Caribbean. (That jail's existence was confirmed in a very recent video of Sgt Major Dan Page -- see here. I don't agree with Page's last 60 hours forecast in that video, but I do trust his report on that prison ship.)

The Petro-Dollar, the laundering of drug money and the rehypothecation of gold, were three major sources of cash flow and profit for the Anglo-bankers. These three businesses are not doing well right now. The theft (er, eh, rehypothecation) of Oriental gold by the Anglo-bankers generated some "customer complaints", from customers (mostly Chinese) who still held immense gold stores, and for whom the Triad work. The heavy hand of the US Military, enforcing the Petro-Dollar's (overt) and Heroin-Dollar's (covert) dominance, generated more "customer complaints", from many nations.

The last couple of days, I've begun looking again at the book "Vatican Assassins" by Eric Jon Phelps. He presents extensive evidence that the Jesuits dominate both the Vatican and the uber-powerful groups that Jim Willie lists (see above). It might be that Jim Willie would include the Vatican in the "Satanist" group, which makes no difference to my present analysis in this post.

Jim Willie states in the above interview that the Vatican is answering to the Chinese now, whereas Eric Jon Phelps takes the view that it's the Jesuits, not the Chinese, at the top of the heap, and that the Jesuits have controlled China since Mao Zedong, and Russia since Stalin.

Eric Jon Phelps' work is highly controversial, even by my standards, and his in your face presentation style is not one I'd welcome from a member on this forum. There is an excellent chance that his work is another twist on the various flavors of disinformation that obfuscate and derail the efforts of truth seekers.

But these puzzle pieces do all fit together, in my present view.

If it is the Jesuits on top of the heap, and if they have essential control of all the major nations by now, then they may well be cutting out some players (the Bush drug lords, the petro-dollar, the heroin-dollar, and their Anglo-bankers), while asserting more explicit control over the Vatican, with the first ever openly Jesuit Pope and the Ernst & Young audit of the Vatican Bank (the Institute of Religious Works). Ernst & Young is the same global auditing firm used by the BIS. The 20th century power center in the US is being (has been being, for a few decades now) vitiated.

This, however, brings me full circle back to my opening quote in this post. While at one level, the "Force" is moving from the Atlantic to the Orient, at a "higher" (darker) level, the "Force" (Jesuits or whomever) is just moving their base of power, once again.

===

P.S. -- Warning -- the three I link above, Jim Willie, Sgt. Major Dan Page, and Eric Jon Phelps, appear to be in a competition for who would get the worst grade in Political Correctness class.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 10th May 2014 at 12:19.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2014), Curt (10th May 2014), gripreaper (10th May 2014), Krist (10th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), RunningDeer (10th May 2014)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

This, however, brings me full circle back to my opening quote in this post. While at one level, the "Force" is moving from the Atlantic to the Orient, at a "higher" (darker) level, the "Force" (Jesuits or whomever) is just moving their base of power, once again.
    This is a very likely variable in the power pyramid's structure, to move the power base. It's like a corporate move of the main administrative office because the old office is outdated and needs new equipment and it has become too expensive to operate, or the corporate hierarchy has become too top heavy, inefficient, or any number of other balance sheet reasons.

The US has been the center of commerce for the last 60 years or so, in my opinion, to administer and execute the business plan the board of directors (Jesuits) put in place after WW11. In this process, the US was "allowed" to become massively successful in the implementation of this plan, in order to put in place all of the advanced systems the elite wanted and felt they needed, to foster their agenda's of full imperialistic dominance of the worlds economies and infrastructure, and the building of the black budget systems and underground and hidden economy.

Now that this part of their business plan is essentially complete, they just want to "retool" and move their headquarters, reducing the US back down to an economic level at par with the rest of the world, and bring us back into a more subservient working class country and culture. It's just a redistribution of the wealth, created in the US in the last several decades, back into their hands.

The part of the scenario I find hard to swallow, is that these uber elite are losing control, based on their losing their income sources. They don't care about income as they already own and control everything. The western "agents", such as the Bushes and Rockefellers, may be in dispute with the corporate board of directors and feel threatened by the administrative move, and may be petitioning for redress, but this does not change the overall primary corporate directives of the owners.

You are an agent at the behest of this agenda, and you can either follow along or be eliminated. Yes, even the Bushes and Rockefellers are expendable if they don't play along.

So, if we can conclude that the top of the power pyramid is not changing, and that the Jesuit corporation is just "retooling", then the next question would be, retooling for what? What is the business plan going forward after the new headquarters and the new equipment is in place, and new fresh worker bees are set up to run it?

If the last several decades set up the advanced systems which the uber elite now have, which gives them the ability to fully travel around the cosmos, fully control the earth under any conditions, either on the surface or underground, and the ability to monitor through digital surveillance techniques, and the ability to control and manipulate the very thoughts of all humans through microwave entrainment, then what?
    Last edited by gripreaper; 10th May 2014 at 20:13.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

Bill Ryan (10th May 2014), InTheBackground (12th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (10th May 2014)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 times in 317 posts

Last edited by TODD & NORA; 12th August 2016 at 06:41.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TODD & NORA For This Post:

Bob (11th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), outerheaven (11th May 2014)

12. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shmoopie_3119 (here)
    What I suspect has transpired is Lindsey's legitimate oil cartel contact is U.S. based, realizes the situation in Ukraine is not going as expected, and some sort of financial warfare is about to ensue. If all of these ASSUMPTIONS are correct, then the IMF is about to toss SDRs into the limelight, backing them with gold held by Western nations. Russia and China will have to do the same with their currencies.
    I'm doubting that we'll go back to a genuinely (100%) gold based settlement of international trade or unit of account for international contracts .

But the IMF's SDRs are in the news:
    I see the movement of gold to China as being
    1. a bribe to keep it, and the Chinese people, in the game, as Saudi Arabia's princes were bribed earlier, and
    2. a means to bolster its renminbi (denominated in yuan) currency to status appropriate for its inclusion in the SDR's basket of currencies.
    Gold "stackers" need to be careful - the BIS recently, and the Rothschild's and their fellow Banksters for centuries, have been de-monetizing gold and silver (one US example - the Crime of 1873), and they are still in a very powerful position (which is not to say that some of their banks won't be thrown under the bus, or executives thrown off the roof.)
    I'm changing my mind on yet another part of my above quoted post.

In an earlier post above, I changed my view of the gold going to China from a "bribe to keep it in the game" to a strong indication that the "Force" was moving to the Orient. He who rules steals the gold.

In this present post, I am changing my view on gold backed currencies.

The key concept, which has just become clear to me, is that there are two different kinds of gold backed currencies:
    1. Gold interchangeability by individuals, and
    2. Settlement of trade imbalances and debt between central banks in gold.
    ~~~
    The key event that happened in the USA on April 5, 1933, with President Franklin D. Roosevelt's signing of Executive Order 6102:
    Quote forbidding the Hoarding of gold coin, gold bullion, and gold certificates within the continental United States
    was not gold confiscation from the private citizen in the US. Very little gold was confiscated from private hands.

The key event was moving the US from the first kind of gold backed currency (individual interchangeability) to the second kind (central bank interchangeability.)

The US remained on the second kind until 1971, when Nixon closed the gold window.

Between 1971 and now, the world has been predominately on a third currency basis -- the US Dollar as the world's reserve currency -- with hoards of its debt paper (US Treasury bills, notes and bonds) held by each nation's or region's central bank. That US Dollar is in turn based on essentially two commodities -- petroleum and opiates -- though that basis is covert and holds only by force of the US Military.

We are reverting to the second kind of gold (and other openly stated commodities and precious metals) backed currencies. This does not concede any power to the individual person, for the bastards in power very much control both the central banks and the allocation of gold between the central banks. This is so whether said bastards are working in unison on this, or at each other's throats on this, or both, in various convoluted ways. Nor does it even concede significant power to any government of the people, by the people, and for the people, for any such government is replaced by a government beholden to their central bank.

Debt payments and trade imbalances between nations and regions will be settled in gold and other commodities held by their central banks in reserve for such purpose.

For example: China Demands Gold As Collateral For Zimbabwe Loans (posted three days ago, on Zerohedge).

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (12th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), RunningDeer (11th May 2014), Sebastion (11th May 2014)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TODD & NORA For This Post:

Bob (12th May 2014), InTheBackground (12th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (11th May 2014)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TODD & NORA For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Debt payments and trade imbalances between nations and regions will be settled in gold and other commodities held by their central banks in reserve for such purpose.
    Not sure where you are going with this, and why you think this is where we are headed globally as a clearing system. Could you elaborate on how this might play out and why you think this system is better than the one they have now under the petrodollar and IMF, and why they would want to replace that with this? Then what happens?

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (12th May 2014)

20. Link to Post #51
    Thanks

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TODD & NORA For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (12th May 2014)

22. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Not sure where you are going with this, and why you think this is where we are headed globally as a clearing system. Could you elaborate on how this might play out and why you think this system is better than the one they have now under the petrodollar and IMF, and why they would want to replace that with this? Then what happens?
    Well, I am making no claims that this will be a better system . I was just explaining what is, and what I expect will be.

Whenever an institution issues paper or electronic "currency", be it S&H Green Stamps, US Dollars or American Airlines Frequent Flier Miles, it engages in various "open market operations", issuing and redeeming their currency, for various other items (food, oil or plane tickets, for example). The open market value of any such currency is effected by these operations: too much issuing (currency inflation) and the value goes down, or too much redeeming (currency deflation) and the currency becomes scarce.

In the US, up until 1873, the US government would exchange Dollars for gold or silver, either way, with any ordinary person. Then up until 1931, it would only exchange Dollars with gold. From 1931 until 1971, it further restricted the exchanges to be only between the US central bank (the Federal Reserve) and other national central banks, in gold. From 1971 through to the present, the "agents" of the US, various oil exporting nations "under the gun" of the US military or control of their "intelligence" (more like a Mafia enforcing gang, without the honor code of the Mafia) operations, would redeem US Dollars for oil. US Dollars continue to be accepted (extorted) from individuals and corporations as payment for taxes, fees, fines, and bribes, and continue to be issued and accepted in the CIA's world wide illicit drug business. The US Military and various armed Federal or contract agents continue to enforce various exclusive arrangements that maintain the value of the US Dollar.

Every such currency needs "sources" and "sinks", being places you can obtain them, and places you can spend them. The bigger, longer lasting, and more essential those sources and sinks are, then the bigger, longer lasting and more essential the currency is.

Circa the Great Depression of the 1930's, the US Dollar replaced the British Pound as the King of the Currency Hill on planet earth. All central banks that issue their own various currencies keep a stash of US Treasury debt paper, in order to maintain the value of their own currency by exchanging it for US Treasury debt paper. That debt paper, not gold, has been the primary "reserve" backing other currencies. As an American I have enjoyed a higher standard of living for my entire life (I was born just after World War II ended), thanks to the world wide demand for my nations debt.

We are about to see another such transition, and most likely the transition will once again be accompanied by a Great Depression.

Apparently the transition will be, at least for a while, to several national or regional currencies, such as the Russian Ruble, the Chinese Yuan, a central and south American currency, a Middle Eastern currency, a northern European Euro, and a US "Republic" Dollar. The "sinks" for these currencies will be the precious metals held in their central banks, the gas, mineral and oil resources in their lands, and their manufactured and agricultural products.

Initially, the US comes up a bit short in the area of precious metals and essential mineral, energy, agricultural or manufactured goods that it can export, so the exchange value of its Republic Dollar will fall relative to these other currencies. The US Military will retract, hopefully without too many more killed on the way out. The world petroleum and drug (both medicinal and illicit) markets will slip from US control.

I expect the cost in US Republic Dollars of any goods imported into the US will increase by perhaps 30% initially, and perhaps 2 or 3 times over the following year or two. The cost in the US of domestic mined, farmed, or manufactured goods will go up half as much, due to the impact of the price increases of imports flowing through.

Martial law, in form if not in name, will be imposed, and anyone who might get in the way of that (such as idiots posting on the web that this sh*t is going down <grin>) might not show up for work someday, without prior notice.

Since the US has been the world's biggest customer for the goods and services of other nations, the resulting decline in trade destined for the US will aggravate the world wide depression. The major remaining internal US markets, such as housing, medical, financial services, and government social services, will all experience major declines (that's the good news <grin>.) The US federal government, no doubt, will compensate for its loss of foreign intelligence and military and domestic social service "business" by increasing its domestic intelligence and military (tyranny) business.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 12th May 2014 at 05:03.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (12th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014)

24. Link to Post #53
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There may be some profoundly good news in this.

The Roman Empire did not decline and fall (as Gibbon wrote), but rather went underground and transformed and rose again into what is now the Anglo-American empire.

We might be witnessing the final collapse of that two thousand year old empire, to be replaced by an "oligarchy" of powerful regions and nations.

Or ... there may still be some hidden hand, still behind this all.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bob (12th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014)

26. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

I'm with Harry Dent on his deflationary stance going forward, taking out all asset classes except the dollar. I think the dollar will be defended and survive, while gold drops to 700 an ounce or lower. The safe haven will be the dollar.

Here is Harry Dent's take on it, based on the declining demographic of the baby boomers. He's been right so far.

http://www.theaureport.com/pub/na/15806

27. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

28. Link to Post #55
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I'm with Harry Dent on his deflationary stance going forward, taking out all asset classes except the dollar. I think the dollar will be defended and survive, while gold drops to 700 an ounce or lower. The safe haven will be the dollar.
    Harry Dent has a far longer track record on such forecasts than I do, and a far more successful track record.

But he's wrong on this one . Demographics are not the only driving force in play here.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

30. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Harry Dent has a far longer track record on such forecasts than I do, and a far more successful track record. But he's wrong on this one . Demographics are not the only driving force in play here.
    Well, you and I are going to have to agree to disagree then, even though demographics are not the only variable in play here, what other variables are stronger? Demographics is the strongest variable and you cannot fight demographics, no matter how much QE you pour into the system.

So far, that is what governments do, print more dollars and create more debt, while the demographics of spending decline. The only way to service this debt would be for a growing demographic to produce enough GDP through capital improvements and consumption, which cannot and will not happen in a declining demographic.

So, how is he wrong about this?
    Last edited by gripreaper; 12th May 2014 at 05:31.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

32. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Well, you and I are going to have to agree to disagree then, even though demographics are not the only variable in play here, what other variables are stronger? Demographics is the strongest variable and you cannot fight demographics, no matter how much QE you pour into the system.

So far, that is what governments do, print more dollars and create more debt, while the demographics of spending decline. The only way to service this debt would be for a growing demographic to produce enough GDP through capital improvements and consumption, which cannot and will not happen in a declining demographic.

So, how is he wrong about this?
    Well, I certainly agree with you that the debt won't be paid, and that demographics is one of the immutable cyclic forces effecting this planet, our civilization and its economics.

But it is not the only such cyclic force.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

34. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Well, I certainly agree with you that the debt won't be paid, and that demographics is one of the immutable cyclic forces effecting this planet, our civilization and its economics.

But it is not the only such cyclic force.
    Well, if you and I don't go out and buy ourselves a big 52 inch plasma TV this year, then why should anyone manufacture one? And if there is no one to sell that TV to, then the manufacturer has to cut back on production, which causes his suppliers to cut back. Pretty soon, the only way they can stay in business is to lay off some of their workforce, reduce inventory and overhead, and hunker down. They will eventually have to consume their assets to survive. THAT is deflationary.

So, in some regards, we do agree. We will face a decline and it will initially be deflationary, until all asset classes are taken out back behind the woodshed and severely beaten, or in other words, come out of hiding to fill the gap from the lost demographic.

So, unless you go back to the bay area, resume your consumerist ways and buy a big house with a big screen TV, I'd say Harry Dent is correct, at least initially in the short term 2014-2020. Then, once all the assets have been sucked dry, then we reset. Until then, the dollar will be defended tooth and nail.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 12th May 2014 at 06:04.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

36. Link to Post #59
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So, unless you go back to the bay area, resume your consumerist ways and buy a big house with a big screen TV, I'd say Harry Dent is correct, at least initially in the short term 2014-2020.
    Well, I'll be danged. So it is all my fault. If only I had not traded my high on the hog California life style for a Texas trailer lot ...

37. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Well, I'll be danged. So it is all my fault. If only I had not traded my high on the hog California life style for a Texas trailer lot ...
    It's my fault too. I spend only what I must at a minimum to sustain myself month to month. No new anything. The Baby Boomers generation, four times larger than any other generation in the history of the world, drove the economic booms over the last 50 years, and now they are retiring and not spending (except for bio, pharma, and old age stuff).

The Fed's are trying to stem this demographic tsunami with QE, but eventually the tide will be just too strong, and we will go through what all economies historically go through, a deflationary spiral until all available resources are thrown at the raging tsunami. When this is done, THEN they are forced to mark to market (reset).

Gold is not immune to deflation. I do think it will rally here to about 1400 or 1500 depending on the fear trade, but it will then turn down and for the next decade will drop and drop and drop till it hits about 700. Real Estate will be cut in half. Businesses will be dropping off like flies and unemployment will skyrocket. Consumption will come to a screeching halt.

Just put this in the back of your mind and let it ruminate for a few days.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 12th May 2014 at 06:26.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 3 7 LastLast