+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast

Thread: The economic train wreck (was "Lindsey Williams warning of May 2014")

1. Link to Post #61
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,741 times in 21,545 posts

Default Re: Brief warning from Lindsey Williams (2 May 2014)

Greg Hunter, one of the more level headed economics interviewers, finally got Martin Armstrong, one of the most legendary forecasters, on his show.

Martin makes some points that seem undeniable to me.
    • Empires collapse from the peripherals in - the core is last to fall. The coming Great Depression will be seen in Japan and Europe, before it is seen in the US.
    • Major wars follow major depressions, not the other way around.
    • Dominant currencies don't hyperinflate; that's for peripheral currencies.
    • Gold does not protect against inflation. It protects against government failure and tyranny, and is the most portable form of wealth.
    • A major cycle of government overthrows and revolutions is upon us.
    • The current US government is beyond hope with debt and corruption, and will fail.
    Martin sees economic failures in Japan and Europe this year, followed by a major depression starting near the end of 2015 in the US. Major pension plan failures will be among the early highlights of the US economic down turn. The most dangerous period for wars will be 2016 to 2020.

Martin did not say this, but listening to him, I don't expect to receive Social Security (my US government retirement money) past 2020, as the government won't be able to afford it, and the government won't be able to stand if it fails to pay it, at an adequate level to live on.

Currently most economies are already in decline, with the US still holding the world's economy up. A major source of strength for the US economy is US Dollars, coming home, from foreigners no longer trusting their own financial institutions or governments, and having no better place to invest. Half of the higher priced home sales in the US are now for cash - millions of dollars at a time - from foreigners buying US real estate, especially in major markets such as New York. Art and other fine collectibles are rising in price dramatically.

Connecting my earlier forecasts above with Martin Armstrong's, it seems that the BRICS nations will not be able to make a smooth transition to an economic, monetary and financial system separate from the US. Rather, it will be a very rough road, for all of us. Perhaps economic retaliation from the US for the efforts of the BRICS nations to bring separate financial and monetary systems online will lead first to economic collapses in Japan, Europe and other BRICS nations, then to economic collapse in the empire's core, the US. This would be followed by major wars, and a collapse of the US government. As Armstrong notes, the major remaining question, at least for us living in what is now known as the US, will be what form of government follows. Will it be more tyrannical, or more democratic?

Early in this interview, Greg Hunter references Martin Armstrong's article HOW DO Empires Die?
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (12th May 2014), Billy (12th May 2014), Christine (13th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), onawah (12th May 2014), Oouthere (12th May 2014), TODD & NORA (12th May 2014)

3. Link to Post #62
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by gripreaper (here)
    Just put this in the back of your mind and let it ruminate for a few days.
    Don't leave out the rise and fall of empires, the global economic flows back and forth, the oscillation between the dominance of corporations and the dominance of governments, and other major cycles.

Focusing too exclusively on a subset of the cyclic activity leads to seemingly inevitable conclusions, that may even be validated for a while, until some larger cycle from "out in left field" comes into play.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by shmoopie_3119 (here)
    There is NO WAY to save Japan from itself...so the $64 trillion dollar question is when Japan's economy will give up the ghost.
    Yup - Japan is living on borrowed time - and will host one of the first major economic collapses.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (12th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014), Oouthere (12th May 2014), TODD & NORA (12th May 2014)

5. Link to Post #63
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Greg Hunter, one of the more level headed economics interviewers, finally got Martin Armstrong, one of the most legendary forecasters, on his show.
    Greg Hunter's webpage for this interview is at War Cycle-Europe Absolute Disaster Zone - Martin Armstrong (USAWatchDog.com). Greg has a good writeup of this interview here.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (12th May 2014), giovonni (12th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (12th May 2014)

7. Link to Post #64
    Language
    English
    Thanks

We are about to see another such transition, and most likely the transition will once again be accompanied by a Great Depression.

Apparently the transition will be, at least for a while, to several national or regional currencies, such as the Russian Ruble, the Chinese Yuan, a central and south American currency, a Middle Eastern currency, a northern European Euro, and a US "Republic" Dollar. The "sinks" for these currencies will be the precious metals held in their central banks, the gas, mineral and oil resources in their lands, and their manufactured and agricultural products.

Initially, the US comes up a bit short in the area of precious metals and essential mineral, energy, agricultural or manufactured goods that it can export, so the exchange value of its Republic Dollar will fall relative to these other currencies. The US Military will retract, hopefully without too many more killed on the way out. The world petroleum and drug (both medicinal and illicit) markets will slip from US control.

I expect the cost in US Republic Dollars of any goods imported into the US will increase by perhaps 30% initially, and perhaps 2 or 3 times over the following year or two. The cost in the US of domestic mined, farmed, or manufactured goods will go up half as much, due to the impact of the price increases of imports flowing through.
    Aha - Martin Armstrong - the best forecaster I know of - has a different forecast. He anticipates that the US Dollar loses its reserve currency status between 2024 and 2032: Martin Armstrong interviewed on Financial Survival Network, Jan 9, 2013.

The interview is over a year old, but unless I can find a more recent statement from him changing this view, I have to give this prediction serious consideration.

That doesn't mean that the regional currencies (such as a Central and South American currency) aren't formed, and it doesn't mean that the BRICS nations don't make further progress on forming independent financial networks and markets, but Armstrong's forecast does seem (to my limited brainpower) to directly contradict Jim Willie's (and my) forecast that the US Dollar will soon lose its reserve status and become merely the national currency of an essentially third world nation, the once great US.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (12th May 2014), onawah (12th May 2014)

9. Link to Post #65
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Aha - Martin Armstrong - the best forecaster I know of - has a different forecast. He anticipates that the US Dollar loses its reserve currency status between 2024 and 2032: Martin Armstrong interviewed on Financial Survival Network, Jan 9, 2013.

The interview is over a year old, but unless I can find a more recent statement from him changing this view, I have to give this prediction serious consideration.
    Armstrong's back! He had been in prison for several years, only able to communicate out using an old typewriter. But he got out of prison on September 2, 2011, and he's back in full swing. I hadn't realized it until just now, but he's also doing quite a few interviews on Youtube channels.

I've been listening to goldbugs such as Jim Willie, and to chaplains with elite friends (aka Lindsey Williams), too long!

Here's the latest Martin Armstrong Youtube video I've found. It is from April 19, 2014, about four weeks ago.
    The Youtube description for this video covers just part of it:
    Quote We spoke with Martin Armstrong today about the Blood Moon, the Death of the Dollar, the crumbling Euro and the ascent of China. While he sees China becoming the leading world economy-eventually, he doesn't see the dollar dying off as quickly as others do. Mainly because there's no other currency to take its place at the present time. The war cycle is heating up at the same time as civil unrest cycle, the first time this has happened since the 1700's. Also the first of 4 Blood Moons has just passed. The last will pass just as the Sovereign Debt Big Bang goes off in the third quarter of 2015. Interesting times ahead that's for sure.
    Armstrong has been quite clear about the 2015.75 (Sept 30, 2014) date being an important turning point in most of his material that I've read or viewed. Expect a significant event on or very close to that date, signalling a major shift, apparently the beginning of the sovereign debt failures.

In Armstrong's view, and I find it very convincing, there is no way that anything else can replace the US Dollar anytime soon. Quite the contrary. The other major economic areas of the world, Japan, China, Russia, and Europe, are all weaker and will fail first, sending a rush to quality toward the US Dollar. And no other financial market system is even close to handling the volume handled by the US Dollar based systems.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 12th May 2014 at 16:04.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (12th May 2014), Hervé (12th May 2014), onawah (12th May 2014), RunningDeer (12th May 2014), thunder24 (12th May 2014)

11. Link to Post #66
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

I caught Martin Armstrong yesterday on Greg Hunter's channel.

Martin Armstrong-People Ask, Where Do I put My Money-They're Afraid

Published on May 11, 2014

http://usawatchdog.com/war-cycle-euro...

Martin Armstrong of ArmstrongEconomics.com says, "One of the number one questions I get all the time is where do I put my money? If the banks can just take whatever they want now, there will be bail-ins rather than bail-outs. People are afraid. What do you do with the cash? So, people are buying things like real estate and stocks, just trying to get money out of the banking system." 

Global war and civil unrest are also in Armstrong's forecast. Armstrong predicts, "It turned up in 2014. The 300 year model is civil unrest. Going into it was the Occupy Wall Street, but that was peaceful. Next time the Occupy starts, you are going to see much more violence, as you are seeing Europe, but that will probably take place in the U.S. after 2016. In Europe, you are seeing unrest everywhere. . . . Europe seems to be absolutely crumbling. . . . It's an absolute disaster zone everywhere you look."

Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with world renowned forecasting expert Martin Armstrong.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Billy (12th May 2014), InTheBackground (15th May 2014), onawah (12th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (12th May 2014)

13. Link to Post #67
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Yup - same video I posted in Post #61, above .

That's OK - Martin Armstrong is worth a double post!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (12th May 2014), RunningDeer (12th May 2014)

15. Link to Post #68
    United States Avalon Member Conehead's Avatar
    Thanks

Martin makes some points that seem undeniable to me.
    • Empires collapse from the peripherals in - the core is last to fall. The coming Great Depression will be seen in Japan and Europe, before it is seen in the US.
    • Major wars follow major depressions, not the other way around.
    • Dominant currencies don't hyperinflate; that's for peripheral currencies.
    • Gold does not protect against inflation. It protects against government failure and tyranny, and is the most portable form of wealth.
    • A major cycle of government overthrows and revolutions is upon us.
    • The current US government is beyond hope with debt and corruption, and will fail.
    Martin sees economic failures in Japan and Europe this year, followed by a major depression starting near the end of 2015 in the US. Major pension plan failures will be among the early highlights of the US economic down turn. The most dangerous period for wars will be 2016 to 2020.

Martin did not say this, but listening to him, I don't expect to receive Social Security (my US government retirement money) past 2020, as the government won't be able to afford it, and the government won't be able to stand if it fails to pay it, at an adequate level to live on.

Currently most economies are already in decline, with the US still holding the world's economy up. A major source of strength for the US economy is US Dollars, coming home, from foreigners no longer trusting their own financial institutions or governments, and having no better place to invest. Half of the higher priced home sales in the US are now for cash - millions of dollars at a time - from foreigners buying US real estate, especially in major markets such as New York. Art and other fine collectibles are rising in price dramatically.

Connecting my earlier forecasts above with Martin Armstrong's, it seems that the BRICS nations will not be able to make a smooth transition to an economic, monetary and financial system separate from the US. Rather, it will be a very rough road, for all of us. Perhaps economic retaliation from the US for the efforts of the BRICS nations to bring separate financial and monetary systems online will lead first to economic collapses in Japan, Europe and other BRICS nations, then to economic collapse in the empire's core, the US. This would be followed by major wars, and a collapse of the US government. As Armstrong notes, the major remaining question, at least for us living in what is now known as the US, will be what form of government follows. Will it be more tyrannical, or more democratic?

Early in this interview, Greg Hunter references Martin Armstrong's article HOW DO Empires Die?
    The views of Martin Armstrong align closely with Larry Edelson's views. Their timing of events differ a bit.

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/the-l...and-more-61011

You are able to search the archives on this site to read further on Larry's past forcasts. He warns of the war cycles continuing to ramp up and peaking around 2020 according to his research and models. There is a little more "subscribe to my newsletter to get more information" than usual in this Mondays article. Never the less...information to consider.
    Last edited by Conehead; 13th May 2014 at 02:54.
    There are no genres…just music and really beautiful music.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Conehead For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (13th May 2014)

17. Link to Post #69
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Yup - same video I posted in Post #61, above .

That's OK - Martin Armstrong is worth a double post!
    My bad. Didn't make it all the way to the top. And now, I've stated the obvious. I better quit while I'm ahead.

<3 to

Exit, Stage Left

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

ThePythonicCow (13th May 2014)

19. Link to Post #70
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 times in 317 posts

Last edited by TODD & NORA; 12th August 2016 at 06:41.

20. Link to Post #71
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shmoopie_3119 (here)
    Predicting future timelines are WAGs at best...
    Martin Armstrong's long standing claim is that there are cycles to the affairs of man, with specific timings, some going back thousands of years. So far as I can tell, his calling of times when significant shifts will occur is substantially better than just a WAG.

I guess we'll see on 2015.75 (Sep 30, 2015) .

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (14th May 2014), gripreaper (13th May 2014), RunningDeer (13th May 2014), TODD & NORA (16th May 2014)

22. Link to Post #72
    Language
    English
    Thanks

The last couple of days, I've begun looking again at the book "Vatican Assassins" by Eric Jon Phelps. He presents extensive evidence that the Jesuits dominate both the Vatican and the uber-powerful groups that Jim Willie lists (see above). It might be that Jim Willie would include the Vatican in the "Satanist" group, which makes no difference to my present analysis in this post.
    I have good company in these concerns.

A couple of weeks ago in WorldNewsDailyReport.com:

==============
    Former Pope warns of Vatican Alien Agenda

Former pope Benedict XVI spread consternation in the catholic world this morning as he claimed in a press conference rebroadcasted live on FM german catholic radio station, Radio Horeb, that a group of jesuits had infiltrated the Vatican and were pursuing what he called an “alien agenda”. The first pope to retire from his position in 598 years expressed his feelings of deception as “a sinister group of members of the Vatican” were pushing on for the search for extra-terrestrial life through their Lucifer 2 Large Binocular Telescope based at Vatican Observatory on Mt. Graham in Tucson, USA.
    ==============

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (14th May 2014), Curt (14th May 2014), InTheBackground (15th May 2014), naste.de.lumina (14th May 2014), RunningDeer (14th May 2014)

24. Link to Post #73
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Think if it as a cell dividing, forced by the one half upon the other.

Think of it as a fascist Black group of extreme high technology going their separate way, now that they've used the USA and it's financial and military clout to build themselves to a new peak.

Now they kill the witnesses and bury the corpses under a barrage of complex and dirty endings of a major systems collapse.

This is their pattern, this is not a new thing. They have done this for thousands of years.

~~~~~~~~~~

All of this stuff requires deeper looks, deeper reading, deeper reasoning. getting past first explanations, getting past cover stories, in multiple layers and ways. Never taking an initial proffered answer.... and instead digging deeper. always digging deeper.

The lack of will in humanity in the area of not digging deeper, in not reasoning.... and thinking only in instinctual first layer - first answer - first projected desires in simplicity terms.... is the exact mechanism by which this parasite is enabled into doing this, for these thousands of years.

Your weakness is their doorway, their strength, their enabler, their lever, their space to live and be.
    Last edited by Carmody; 14th May 2014 at 13:50.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Calz (14th May 2014), Hervé (14th May 2014), InTheBackground (15th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (15th May 2014)

26. Link to Post #74
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

People realize that this: (WorldNewsDailyReport.com) is a satire news site, right?

Just wanted to make sure... sometimes people miss this sort of thing.

The last couple of days, I've begun looking again at the book "Vatican Assassins" by Eric Jon Phelps. He presents extensive evidence that the Jesuits dominate both the Vatican and the uber-powerful groups that Jim Willie lists (see above). It might be that Jim Willie would include the Vatican in the "Satanist" group, which makes no difference to my present analysis in this post.
    I have good company in these concerns.

A couple of weeks ago in WorldNewsDailyReport.com:

==============
    Former Pope warns of Vatican Alien Agenda

Former pope Benedict XVI spread consternation in the catholic world this morning as he claimed in a press conference rebroadcasted live on FM german catholic radio station, Radio Horeb, that a group of jesuits had infiltrated the Vatican and were pursuing what he called an “alien agenda”. The first pope to retire from his position in 598 years expressed his feelings of deception as “a sinister group of members of the Vatican” were pushing on for the search for extra-terrestrial life through their Lucifer 2 Large Binocular Telescope based at Vatican Observatory on Mt. Graham in Tucson, USA.
    ==============
    Last edited by Curt; 14th May 2014 at 14:46.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Atlas (15th May 2014), Calz (14th May 2014), InTheBackground (15th May 2014), RunningDeer (14th May 2014)

28. Link to Post #75
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CurtisW (here)
    People realize that this: (WorldNewsDailyReport.com) is a satire news site, right?
    Aha - good catch - I missed that ... and so did the usually trustworthy Joseph P. Farrell.

Thanks!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Atlas (15th May 2014), Calz (14th May 2014), Curt (14th May 2014), RunningDeer (14th May 2014)

30. Link to Post #76
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

This site (WorldNewsDailyReport.com) is an interesting one. Its content isn't written like typical satire. It reads like actual news, which is a bit deceptive.

Reading through it quickly, the headlines (mostly) seem semi-plausible at first glance.

Which is part of the reason why, as satire, it really falls flat. It just ain't funny.

It leads me to wonder whether the site is in existence for another purpose entirely- as a spin machine for a group of people who want to ridicule and discredit alternative research.

Either that, or the writers just have a sh*t sense of humor.

Here's their dislaimer:

Disclaimer

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.
    - See more at: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disc....KFsXecyM.dpuf

Aha - good catch - I missed that ... and so did the usually trustworthy Joseph P. Farrell.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Curt; 14th May 2014 at 16:24.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Atlas (15th May 2014), Bill Ryan (14th May 2014), Calz (14th May 2014), Conehead (15th May 2014), InTheBackground (15th May 2014), RunningDeer (14th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (15th May 2014)

32. Link to Post #77
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Pastor Lindsey Williams sounds like a very interesting person. I've never heard of him but at least there should be no confusion that his source of information comes from his interpretation of biblical prophecy; like the Book of Rev., right?
    Last edited by Roisin; 14th May 2014 at 15:39.

33. Link to Post #78
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi Paul,

Glad you brought the error to Joseph Farrell's attention. We definitely don't want him to spin his wheels or waste his time on bogus information.

Thanks!

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Atlas (15th May 2014), Calz (14th May 2014), Carmody (15th May 2014), RunningDeer (14th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (15th May 2014)

35. Link to Post #79
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Roisin (here)
    Pastor Lindsey Williams sounds like a very interesting person. I've never heard of him but at least there should be no confusion that his source of information comes from his interpretation of biblical prophecy; like the Book of Rev., right?
    Pastor Lindsey Williams provides both biblical religious views and information that he is passing along from his "elite friends" in the petroleum business. He is always clear as to which is which, and he delivers the two subject matters of biblical prophecy and upcoming economic events using quite distinct terms and concepts.

Most of his pronouncements available on Youtube videos are related to economic issues, based on what he is passing along from his elite friends. If you seek to listen to his Biblical views, you will need to purchase one of his CD's. Ah - one other, and more recent, area of interest for him - alternative medicine and a medical clinic in Mexico at which he was a patient and which he supports.

He keeps all three of these, economics, the bible, and health, quite separate.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Atlas (15th May 2014), Oouthere (15th May 2014), Roisin (15th May 2014), RunningDeer (15th May 2014)

37. Link to Post #80
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Thanks Paul, after reading more about him today, what you are saying here is absolutely correct. Once again, a very interesting man with interesting views too... I'm glad I know who he is now.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

RunningDeer (15th May 2014), ThePythonicCow (15th May 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 4 7 LastLast