+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It takes Trey Gowdy just three minutes to silence the press

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,908 times in 1,388 posts

Default It takes Trey Gowdy just three minutes to silence the press

Congressman Trey Gowdy (R-SC) turned the tables on the media and asked them questions about Benghazi. The silence was deafening.

Very valid questions here

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bogeyman For This Post:

aranuk (13th May 2014), avid (13th May 2014), conk (14th May 2014), DeDukshyn (13th May 2014), Ecnal61 (13th May 2014), etheric underground (14th May 2014), GCS1103 (15th May 2014), jagman (13th May 2014), jjjones (13th May 2014), joeecho (13th May 2014), NancyV (13th May 2014), onawah (13th May 2014), rgray222 (14th May 2014), ulli (13th May 2014), Vangelo (13th May 2014), yelik (13th May 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: It takes Trey Gowdy just three minutes to silence the press

Wait what? He didn't silence anyone. They were listening to him, while he asked questions, some of which I will admittedly say have not been answered.........some weren't asked until this speech however. The silence wasn't deafening....he was speaking while they were quiet, and he walked off before there could be any rebuttal or reply to his statement. Everyone can make themselves look vindicated if they speak coherently and have no person there to question them.

To be clear I am not saying he doesn't have valid points, I am pointing out that the title of this thread is misleading.
    Hi, I will look you directly in your eyes and tell you wholeheartedly that I love you.

Will you run, or reciprocate?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeBron For This Post:

jagman (13th May 2014), joeecho (13th May 2014), onawah (13th May 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

I neither lean democrat or republican but THAT was impressive! I do not recall a more authentic political news conference/ speech from a congressman/ senator/ president since....geez...I don't know when.

Probably stretching it to say JFK but that was the name that came to mind.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeBron (here)
    Wait what? He didn't silence anyone. They were listening to him, while he asked questions, some of which I will admittedly say have not been answered.........some weren't asked until this speech however. The silence wasn't deafening....he was speaking while they were quiet, and he walked off before there could be any rebuttal or reply to his statement. Everyone can make themselves look vindicated if they speak coherently and have no person there to question them.

To be clear I am not saying he doesn't have valid points, I am pointing out that the title of this thread is misleading.
    I agree, it is a bit of a misleading title to the thread/ video, but it is also not uncommon for the press to interrupt a political leader while they are speaking or have noisy chatter/ groans in the background if there is disagreement to what is being said. Having said that, we don't know how many of the press were in attendance.

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

I also want to know where the President was in the White House the night
    of the attack in Benghazi? Senior Advisor at that time Tommy Vitter already
    admitted he was NOT in the Situation Room! I suspect the reason why this
    question has not been answered is because??? The President was sleeping
    and that looks bad anyway you slice it!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

GCS1103 (15th May 2014), joeecho (13th May 2014)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Millions died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Lies, lies, lies. With that fact in our scope of relativity, how big of a deal is this really?? How do we prioritize this? These psychos are melting down nuclear reactors and poisoning our food and air, lying to the world every day to start WWIII............ forget Benghazi. When a patient comes into the ER, we'll deal with internal bleeding and shock before we clean out the infected hang nail on their toe. Thats a little opinion from Koy, do with it what you will. I appreciate all of you, if my logic seems flawed go ahead and help me see clearer
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

Cipher (13th May 2014), conk (14th May 2014), joeecho (13th May 2014), Shezbeth (13th May 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Another thing to consider is that there could be press corps trying to investigate the many question put forth but they are not in control of what get put out there. That is easily suppressed or omitted by the OWNERS!

If a tree falls in the woods and no ones posts it online, did it really ever fall (for the rest of us)?

Maybe the silence is in solidarity to the frustration displayed by Trey Gowdy. Maybe Trey Gowdy is speaking indirectly to the OWNERS through the press corps.

12. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Koyaanisqatsi (here)
    Millions died in Iraq and Afghanistan. Lies, lies, lies. With that fact in our scope of relativity, how big of a deal is this really?? How do we prioritize this? These psychos are melting down nuclear reactors and poisoning our food and air, lying to the world every day to start WWIII............ forget Benghazi. When a patient comes into the ER, we'll deal with internal bleeding and shock before we clean out the infected hang nail on their toe. Thats a little opinion from Koy, do with it what you will. I appreciate all of you, if my logic seems flawed go ahead and help me see clearer
    My eye chart tells me you may have between 20/10 and 20/2 vision (A hawk supposedly has 20/2 vision, which is the best in the animal kingdom, I understand). How many Benghazi nails in the proverbial coffin do we need? At my last count, apparently a LOT! This has been going on long before my birth, they are just hiding it less and less, perhaps as a reflection to their level of inebriation?

13. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,027 times in 2,189 posts

That was an impressive three minute and he seem to be speaking from truth. I think the point he was trying to make is that the media has not asked these question, the media has done it's best to try to make this story go away. CBS even fired one of their own reporters when she started to get too close to the truth. The media has been part and parcel to this cover up. How could the media possibly have the answers since they have never asked the question.

This president said that he was appalled by the murders in Benghazi and he would bring those responsible to justice and then there has been virtually no follow up whatsoever.

It is my understanding that there is much more to the Benghazi story that is being covered up and if the truth does come out it is going to make Watergate look like a walk in the park. Where was the president that night, why did they make such a herculean effort to blame a video, why was the embassy still open and why did they not even attempt to send help. Hillary and Obama do not want any info to surface, they have made no effort to bring people to justice even though CNN has interviewed two men that claim to be involved.

This story is setting itself up to be a massive blow to Obama and his cronies.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

GCS1103 (15th May 2014), jagman (14th May 2014), joeecho (15th May 2014)

+ Reply to Thread