Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The continuing depravity of the Eurovision song contest

1. Link to Post #21
    Azerbaijan Avalon Member UpToLight's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: The continuing depravity of the Eurovision song contest

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    Quote Posted by UpToLight (here)
    In Eurovision, good/great songs never win. It's been 6 years since my country Azerbaijan participates here and we got 7th, 3rd, 5th, 1st, 4th, 2nd and 22nd places. But now nobody remembers those songs, even tthe winner.
    That's certainly true NOW, but in the 60s and 70s there were some very good songs, sung by people who (and I assume I'm getting the point of Larry's thread here) could actually bloody sing !!! I think the last decent song, sung by a decent singer/group to win would have been ABBA (1974 ??).

Is it still "compered" by that tiresome prick Terry Wogan ?

Anyway Larry, the "music" industry is full of talentless people who are just "brands" in the consumerist society that's been foisted on us. And although it's worse these days, I don't think it's necessarily a new thing. PERSONALLY, I think the Beatles are/were highly overrated (innovative - yes, mould breaking - yes) as is/was Bob Dylan (talented writer - yes, good singer - an emphatic NO !)
    Yes, it introduced ABBA and Celine Dion to world music but that is it. In 60 years with hundreds participants only 2 have made their mark in music history. Why? Because of politics. I mean, the main aim (on paper) of contest is to discover talents.

Oh, while I agree with you on Bob Dylan, I think Beatles deserve(d) all the praise they get/got

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UpToLight For This Post:

halffull (14th May 2014), mosquito (17th May 2014), Wind (14th May 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

@TigaHawk

I hope you didn't take my posting to your response as an attack against your character, it was just simply a wake-up call; I don't 'attack' people because it's beneath my dignity;

Tiga, you asked for a link; just start with David Icke's research about how the feminist/gay-lesbian rights movements were/are a creation of a faction subsequently manipulating them for very nefarious purposes-

please continue to be well!

Larry

4. Link to Post #23
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    @Flash

I'm an opera singer by profession so I think I know voices; this singer has a high male voice-

"What i do not like is the use of one sexuality to win instead of use of talents"- you and me both- but reality is different
    I prefer Jonas Kaufman.

Two reasons.

By far, the BEST ****ing Parsifal I've heard! (Cardillac, you seen the latest met production? I freaking WEPT!!!)

Second, he's WAY hotter than the tranny.

PS I'm gay. If you sing opera, we should talk. Seriously. Flash says I need a boyfriend. You may qualify if you can sing Wagner with any vigour. :D

5. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

Hi, I'm a voice student. Through association with other voice students I've heard marvelous music made top grade, professional caliber. These students spend years devoted to there craft, studying music theory and history. Very few ever reach a public stage, never a paying audience. These shows that audition thousands of voices just to capture the oddity, the weirdo, the surprise "new sound" are doing no one any favors. Behind the stage of the winner is a slave trader who will sell the voice and leave the singer without a soul.
    I've often thought that if I were a judge I would have them run scales and sight read to cut the wheat from the chaff.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heartsong For This Post:

noxon medem (14th May 2014), Shezbeth (26th May 2014)

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,639 times in 496 posts

This years winner of the Eurovision Songcontest
    - is not a woman with a beard.
    It is a man in a dress, with a set of false tits.

I agree that it was not the best song and singer ,
    - or even performance, that won mgp this year .

The Eurovision Song Contest has changet a lot in character
    since it was started in the early 60s
    ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodi_Grand_Prix )

In the later years, long after ABBA in 1974, it has
    turned more and more into a circus, or freakshow,
    where "shocking and getting attention" became
    more important than the quality of the music in
    this peaceful competition ...

I live in the area, and have followed this "venue"
    for many years, on and off, voluntarily or not.

Let me share some Grand Prix moments :

Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah (Finland) 2006 Eurovision Song Contest Winner

And so, on another side of the spectre :

https://youtube.com/watch?v=chWaLZ1PA4U
    Quote Sandra Caldarone (born 15 October 1972), better known as Sandra Kim,
    is a Belgian singer of Italian descent who won the Eurovision Song Contest
    in the year 1986, final held in Bergen, Norway, on 3 May 1986.
    And then the typical,careless, pop-tune :
    Teach In - Ding-A-Dong 1975 (Eurovision Song Contest)

And the classic :
    ABBA Waterloo Eurovision 1974

And of course ,
    There is a lot more.
    Search for it. A lot of intersting stuff, and fun .

Be well, and be you.
    In freedom and joy.

nm
    Last edited by noxon medem; 14th May 2014 at 23:14.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to noxon medem For This Post:

Ellisa (15th May 2014), GuyFox (15th May 2014), Milneman (15th May 2014), mosquito (17th May 2014), Wind (15th May 2014)

9. Link to Post #26
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 times in 505 posts

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    @Flash

I'm an opera singer by profession so I think I know voices; this singer has a high male voice-

"What i do not like is the use of one sexuality to win instead of use of talents"- you and me both- but reality is different
    I prefer Jonas Kaufman.

Two reasons.

By far, the BEST ****ing Parsifal I've heard! (Cardillac, you seen the latest met production? I freaking WEPT!!!)

Second, he's WAY hotter than the tranny.

PS I'm gay. If you sing opera, we should talk. Seriously. Flash says I need a boyfriend. You may qualify if you can sing Wagner with any vigour. :D
    Haha.
    Has PA turned into a Matching / Dating website?

(whatever turns you on, I suppose. I think my comment on another thread may have helped to trigger this one.)
    Anyway, I am encouraged to learn that others share my ideas about the need for better quality singing at the Eurovision competition

10. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,799 times in 2,657 posts

oh my.... the power of voice, sound...... it can be so beautiful, and then yet, such an abberation. voice is subjective - but the intent of voice can be the most important aspect of our lives. love resounds in the sound of voice, and so does death. if you do not feel love from a particular sound of voice, then by all means, please do not listen.
    crosby.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to crosby For This Post:

giovonni (15th May 2014)

12. Link to Post #28
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,067 times in 950 posts

Thanks for the Lordi video!!! It's still awful!

But you made up for it with ABBA and the French girl who was beautiful.

I hope some of the Americans who know nothing of Eurovision find out about it. The audience is huge, and if we can watch it in the land of Oz, a long way away from anywhere else, at least it should be easier in the US. However it is different from most american contests-- far fewer tears to start with.

13. Link to Post #29
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 times in 505 posts

Conchita - again.

Larry (and others), have you got a comment on this article?:
    Mummy, why is Daddy wearing a dress? Daddy, why does Mummy have a moustache?
    EXCERPT
    "It is fair to say that, within a couple of decades, homosexuality became an accepted and integral part of society. With legal and social equality attained in this way, one might have assumed that the gay rights movement, having no more raison d'ętre, would naturally fade into the background. But that's not what happened.

It seems that, for those infiltrators that took over the movement, equality was never their real goal but rather a pretext to bridle a majority of gay people to a very different cause. Like other dominating minorities (vegetarians, Jews, anti-smokers, Masons, gypsies, etc.) the very identity of such groups is defined by their difference relative to common people. The real objective is to exacerbate those differences, have them perceived as a mark of superiority and use them to manipulate the rest of the population. That is to say, the 'rasion d'ętre' of the leaders of the gay rights movement is to forever be the 'other' and the idea of 'fading away' therefore is anathema to them."

The one who posted the article (elsewhere) wrote:
    "My goodness me.
    So that's what all that gay rights business is all about - to give paedophiles the right to acquire children and abuse them"

My reaction was:
    "I do worry about that possibility, even though gays will tell me: there's no connectiion.
    To be honest, I would agree with them about 80-90% of the gays.
    But if the Percentage of gays who are pedos is higher than the Percentage of straights who are so inclined,
    it is (at least) a statistical problem - and that is a problem, as far as I am concerned "

If you want to disagree with this, I am happy to hear it and debate it.
    I am always read to learn from those with different points of view or experience.
    It is not my intent to offend you in any way. And I have found you speaking sense so far.

14. Link to Post #30
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Guy,

Victimhood-capital created industry. It's everywhere.

I stopped being an activist when corporate started taking over and the grass roots just got shut out. They were good times tho! I helped get the first parade in Saskatchewan going, that was a rush. Worked on legal stuff, hosted, got flags raised where they weren't, debated with ultra-religious....then it just faded into part of who I was and not who I was, if that makes sense.

The novelty of the act I think is what won it. You don't need as much talent to be novel as you to do use a real God-given gift. Just ask Kaufman. And honestly, it's a challenge to sit through all 4+ hours of the met's production of Parsifal, but well worth the emotional ride.

15. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

Eurovision, really? We're gonna discuss this instead of say .... the floods in Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia? The ethnic unrest we had here in Macedonia? The Earthquakes?

You got upset by a damn drag performance, with a half-baked (but passable) voice to sing a damn song. Period. What century do you live in? Opera-rate high class vocals are long gone, an extinct species. And no person with great vocals alone can call themselves a singer. Where's the music? The act? Styling? Choreography?

Eurovision could be the paragon of depravity for many things. You chose to talk about it this year (of all), and you focused on Konchita's performance. It doesn't take a lot to see where your frustration originates. Its because of people like you the LGBTI people of the world cannot call themselves a 'community' unless being ironical. Its things like this that just keep proving that on and on.

I'm not even surprised by some of the responses by other non-gay folks either. We work hard to convince ourselves in the illusion that we are on some other, higher place because of the way we see the world, a higher moral ground, higher spiritual ground ... Higher Ego, is what it is. The spiritually enlighten people that preach tolerance and unity gathered up to talk dirt on a drag performance in the 21st century. With what right? With what dignity? How can you go back to preaching the same **** again after this, as if its normal?

You need to go and take a hard look on yourselves. Maybe you will find a few a micrograms of ignorance and hypocrisy oozing out of the pores on your face, among all the sweat.

This is a disgrace. Not the Eurovision act, but this here, the thread and subsequent comments. A disgrace.

You might as well go back to gossiping about the Kardashians now. No need to maintain illusions anymore, we're no alternative community. We're not spiritual. We're not smarter. We're not better. We're just as ****ed up as the rest of the world, obviously.

16. Link to Post #32
    Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onyxknight (here)
    eurovision, really? We're gonna discuss this instead of say .... The floods in serbia, croatia and bosnia? The ethnic unrest we had here in macedonia? The earthquakes?

You got upset by a damn drag performance, with a half-baked (but passable) voice to sing a damn song. Period. What century do you live in? Opera-rate high class vocals are long gone, an extinct species. And no person with great vocals alone can call themselves a singer. Where's the music? The act? Styling? Choreography?

Eurovision could be the paragon of depravity for many things. You chose to talk about it this year (of all), and you focused on konchita's performance. It doesn't take a lot to see where your frustration originates. Its because of people like you the lgbti people of the world cannot call themselves a 'community' unless being ironical. Its things like this that just keep proving that on and on.

I'm not even surprised by some of the responses by other non-gay folks either. We work hard to convince ourselves in the illusion that we are on some other, higher place because of the way we see the world, a higher moral ground, higher spiritual ground ... Higher ego, is what it is. The spiritually enlighten people that preach tolerance and unity gathered up to talk dirt on a drag performance in the 21st century. With what right? With what dignity? How can you go back to preaching the same **** again after this, as if its normal?

You need to go and take a hard look on yourselves. Maybe you will find a few a micrograms of ignorance and hypocrisy oozing out of the pores on your face, among all the sweat.

This is a disgrace. Not the eurovision act, but this here, the thread and subsequent comments. A disgrace.

You might as well go back to gossiping about the kardashians now. No need to maintain illusions anymore, we're no alternative community. We're not spiritual. We're not smarter. We're not better. We're just as ****ed up as the rest of the world, obviously.
    meoaw!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2