+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Official Netflix Recommendations Thread!

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Official Netflix Recommendations Thread!

The British documentary series "Secret War", as it shows how this thing that plagues the entire planet -- got it's start. How it began, in earnest.

How all the nightmare organizations we know of today, how they were found to be so effective that they continued, enlarged, and ran rampant, across the globe.

It illustrates how the various governments and organizations got their 'sea legs' in the world of espionage, and scheming, plotting, etc, during war time, in war torn countries. How this became the preferred and utilized tool during peacetime.

How this horror story really began.
    Last edited by Carmody; 23rd May 2014 at 18:14.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

donk (28th May 2014), Lefty Dave (29th May 2014), onawah (28th May 2014), Sophocles (23rd May 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

I just watched the new Star Trek (into the darkness), entertaining, I guess. I was surprised I did not know JJ Abrams did it (or any movies for that matter, I thought Star Wars VII was going to be his first).

Interesting open sequence, they're on Niribu, and it appears the Annunaki there (who look a lot like Prometheus' Annunaki, just smaller)...humans interfere with THEIR evolution (by breaking Prime Directive). And we are introduced to a super soldier in Kahn

4. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member annacherie's Avatar
    Thanks

For animal LOVERS "Wild at Heart" chronicles the life of a veterinarian and his family who set out to create a wildlife preserve in Africa....medicine for the heart and a ton of episodes! (netflix stream) and sincere thanks for this thread!

5. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Zaya's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,621 times in 310 posts

Quote Posted by annacherie (here)
    For animal LOVERS "Wild at Heart" chronicles the life of a veterinarian and his family who set out to create a wildlife preserve in Africa....medicine for the heart and a ton of episodes! (netflix stream) and sincere thanks for this thread!
    Oh! That sounds right up my alley! Will add this and also hopefully watch it soon!

Donk, I LOVED Into Darkness! I definitely also recommend it to others.

Carmody, that sounds extremely interesting. Definitely interested.

(Sorry for being slow to update this thread - I am in the process of moving and also it is finals week and I am a teacher!)
    "The only wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing." -Socrates

6. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member AlaBil's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,252 times in 186 posts

What an awesome thread! Thanks to all for the ideas of what to watch.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AlaBil For This Post:

Zaya (29th May 2014)

8. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,613 times in 20,704 posts

From today's update from Paradigm Research Group:
    Quote The Hidden Hand Hits Netflix

James Carman's excellent documentary has made its way on to Netflix. Congratulations.
    Live streaming on Netflix at:
    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70306...vieid=70306306
    If you go to that link and scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a menu/list of quite a lot of documentaries on various conspiracy subjects such as Out of the Blue, Pyramid Code, Ancient X File, Alien Origin, Dark Legacy, UfO Conspiracy, Flight TWA 800, Chariot of the Gods, etc. etc.

This isn't streaming yet, but it's from 2008, so hopefully it won't be long before it is:
    http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/David-I...l&trkid=222336
    Each breath a gift...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th June 2014), Zaya (5th June 2014)

10. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Thanks, Onwah! This looks like a must see! Have you watched this yet? Can you weigh in?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th June 2014)

12. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,613 times in 20,704 posts

Not yet, but I will.
    Each breath a gift...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Zaya (5th June 2014)

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    I just watched the new Star Trek (into the darkness), entertaining, I guess. I was surprised I did not know JJ Abrams did it (or any movies for that matter, I thought Star Wars VII was going to be his first).

Interesting open sequence, they're on Niribu, and it appears the Annunaki there (who look a lot like Prometheus' Annunaki, just smaller)...humans interfere with THEIR evolution (by breaking Prime Directive). And we are introduced to a super soldier in Kahn
    And R2D2 was in 'into darkness' as he is in all of JJ Abram's films.

He even made the R2D2 scared/stressed/scream sound as he was whipped off the given ship, when the hull was burst....(you just had to rewind and watch/listen closely)

Yes, obviously a male anthropomorphized thingamabob.
    Last edited by Carmody; 5th June 2014 at 16:48.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

CdnSirian (5th June 2014), donk (5th June 2014), onawah (7th June 2014), Zaya (5th June 2014)

16. Link to Post #30
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,764 times in 987 posts

"Ecuador Toronto South Africa Water Rights Lunatic Fringe - A Film Review A Dark Truth

Any sociopath will tell you "we are exactly alike"...that's their MO! "A Dark Truth" will explain that!

Clearbec - a water company - commits murder in Ecuador to defend their water rights.

Forrest Whitaker plays an Ecuadorean father and husband who stands up to the military hired to defend a private company's water rights.

Rights which prevent the citizens of that country from having a glass of water.

Andy Garcia plays a Canadian journalist who gets drawn in.

It's an adventure with guns and ambushes but ends up back in Toronto. We see the global participation in securing private water rights wherever possible. They blame the "lunatic fringe" for any incidents that might involve them.

Notice I didn't say "conspiracy".

It's just business. Don't take it personally. " I wrote this review on another platform - one of my faves.

Also enjoyed "The Road" grimly dystopean. Movie

Enjoyed "Revolution" originally on NBC - the grid goes down and both the predicatbale and unpredicatble unfolds....2 seasons.

"Lilyhammer" Norwegian series, hilarious.

Edit: "Land of Blood And Honey" sex slavery in Serbia war zone yet a love story.

I have probably seen about 80% of everything mentioned on this page. Cheers.
    Last edited by CdnSirian; 5th June 2014 at 17:04.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to CdnSirian For This Post:

onawah (7th June 2014)

18. Link to Post #31
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

this is great thread...i don't have nextflit but i'm watching Sliders rightnow and have to say Good Pilot...basically about travelling to multiverse.

Quinn Mallory, while working on an anti-gravity machine, accidentally creates a portal to a parallel universe. Eventually, his friends and an unwilling participant accidentally get stuck traveling among parallel worlds, trying to survive, and learning that sliding can lead to fatal results. Meanwhile, among many changes in their group, they try to rescue the multiverse from the Kromagg Dynasty.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112167/

i have been hearing and reading about this Multi-reality or multi-verse what ever you call it but watching it gave me chill...

for people who don't have nextflix: http://watchseries.lt/serie/sliders
    Last edited by apokalypse; 6th June 2014 at 14:23.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

onawah (7th June 2014)

20. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    From today's update from Paradigm Research Group:
    Quote The Hidden Hand Hits Netflix

James Carman's excellent documentary has made its way on to Netflix. Congratulations.
    Live streaming on Netflix at:
    http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/70306...vieid=70306306
    If you go to that link and scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a menu/list of quite a lot of documentaries on various conspiracy subjects such as Out of the Blue, Pyramid Code, Ancient X File, Alien Origin, Dark Legacy, UfO Conspiracy, Flight TWA 800, Chariot of the Gods, etc. etc.

This isn't streaming yet, but it's from 2008, so hopefully it won't be long before it is:
    http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/David-I...l&trkid=222336
    Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that i did in fact watch The Hidden Hand this weekend. I now add my recommendation for this as well, especially for those who are really new to the whole alien/secret government thing. There's not a whole lot of "new" information in here for most avalonians, BUT it is still very compelling and well made. More than anything, I think it is a great documentary to recommend to people that you know of who may be open to the idea of ETs, but have not spent a long amount of time researching it.

They did a good job of getting good witnesses from the military and such to share their firsthand knowledge in the documentary, and I loved hearing the more personal accounts of abductions for everyday people. The documentary also does a good job of dividing up the people who have experienced any kind of ET encounter into groups - Abductees, Contactees, and Experiencers. It also discusses the greys, the lizard people, and the benevolents. A really nice introductory documentary overall. Worth a peak.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaya For This Post:

onawah (11th June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2