+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Do the people of this planet really deserve to be saved?

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member Grizz Griswold's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,499 times in 288 posts

Default Re: Do the people of this planet really deserve to be saved?

Quote Posted by Asyloth (here)
    Hello avalonians,

I've got this simple question in mind and I'd like to have your opinions about it.
    Most of the people I've met in my life were messed up one way or another and most of them are so selfish and disregarding that they themselves mess up with the others.
    It seems like we're stuck in a cycle of hatrid, jalousy, and all the rest of it.
    I've had this "crazy" dream for a while about saving this world but now I'm really wondering, do these people deserve to be saved?

I really don't know anymore...

Why should someone that's good hearted give his time to save people like this?
    Hi Asyloth, deserve has nothing to do with it.

It's more a matter of identity or beingness, we are all that same self.

No single drop in the ocean is ever different from that ocean.

When we ask does someone else deserve? we are looking in a mirror, asking the same about our selves.

The most we can give is to extend the Love that we are and from that viewpoint we can only see others as perfect
    and never as separate from our one true self.

When this happens the question of deserve never enters again.

All the best

barry

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grizz Griswold For This Post:

animovado (1st June 2014), Asyloth (19th June 2014), Becky (1st June 2014), Krist (1st June 2014), william r sanford72 (16th June 2014), Wind (1st June 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Thank you all for your answers and inspirations, it really helped me bringing this reflexion to the next step

4. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

You know, Asyloth, the type of people you described are exactly the type of people that have made me doubt myself for a while in the past.

I like to think I'm pretty goodwilled in general , but when I'm faced with these people I often find myself not so helpful and not so generous all at once. I reason that: they openly admit they don't care about others, so why should I help them rather than helping people who deserve it. Then I think about how Jesus sat with sinners and it made a change...Of course we are not Jesus but I'm sure you get my point.

Wouldn't we all like to be the ones worthy to be saved? And what if nature decides that we are one linked chain and we all must undergo the annihilation of the planet?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet For This Post:

ulli (20th June 2014)

6. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

That is a pretty theoretical question but I think our feelings always tell us what is the right thing to do at least moment to moment.
    Bashar calls it following your excitement.

7. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

If I were given the choice today to remove humans from planet earth or to leave them here, I would choose to have them removed. This includes me and all people that I care about. Why? We as humans seem to require so much to exist. We are hopelessly out of sync with the rest of the planet. We are extremely disrespectful of the animal life and plant life. All of us may not participate in the destruction but at some level we tolerate it. There is a term from the bible that seems fitting for today, "wallowing in our own excrement". I feel like that describes us as a species, and unfortunately we have created a whole lot of excrement of one sort or another.

Then there is the issue of the good ones versus the evil ones. I will use myself as an example. I clean up the beach near my home , I volunteer for animal welfare groups, I recycle, ect.ect.I don't use herbicides or insecticides. On the other hand, I have purchased new electronics when I don't need them, I buy clothes and items sometimes because I want them, not because I need them. The house I live in is far bigger than what I really need. I make unnecessary trips in my car...This situation may be true of lots of people, who are worthy? Who is good? I know people that are clueless to what is happening in the world that are very kind and modest. I know very aware activists, or at least that is how they are perceived by some, that live in huge houses with lots of toys, such as boats, motorhomes and the like. So when someone figures out who the good hearted, enlightened folks are, and who the messed up ones that need saving are, let me know. I haven't figured that out yet.

Sincerely,
    Pam

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

lastlegs (20th June 2014), ulli (20th June 2014), Violet (20th June 2014), Wind (21st June 2014)

9. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

I believe things can be resolved still.

Some people just need to tone it down, while others need to crank it up.

If each one strives for inner balance, and realizes that their action has long-term consequences,

affecting their own karmic destiny, beyond death's door,

and also the memories which their descendants will have of them, then we are on our way to true salvation.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Pam (20th June 2014), risveglio (20th June 2014), Violet (20th June 2014), Wind (21st June 2014)

11. Link to Post #47
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 times in 573 posts

huh? how do I post a picture?

12. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,286 times in 818 posts

Yes!! We do what we can to assist the whole. The world is out of balance because of humans…no one or thing did this but us, we allowed this to happen. If you/I/we don’t do anything…who will?

For such a magnificent and intelligent specie…we choose to be the victim looking for a hero to drop out of the clear blue. The heroes are here now.
    We are here. It’s up to humans to change what we collectively created through blind deceptions. Humans are the only species on this planet that are born into organized slavery. There are children begging on the streets while scared conditioned adults fool themselves into thinking this was by choice. We give our power to money/material and crooked individuals…and then sit around on a daily bases expecting the world to change for the better. We blame/ whine/argue more than we take responsibility/share/collaborate. We kill to live (when we don’t have to), yet are afraid to die. We are afraid to live because we allow innocents to die. We were all born to die, but so many live this life as if they will live forever…afraid to take chances, afraid to leave a legacy, afraid to make a world better for the unsuspecting children. We just train their raw pure impressionable minds with disempowerment and self-righteousness. No one wants to be kept inside of a box all their life....yet we cage/imprison other species for our amusement(zoos.aquariums/circuses)....and then we expect aliens to respect that...especially when we pollute our own skies, land and water with our support to corrupt companies.

We pretend to be what we want instead of actually being what we are. We talk a lot, we bark a lot…but it’s often done in privacy. The streets are filled with strangers walking by each other, hardly anyone caring, just drones programmed to maintain the very system they despise….as we work more than we play and/or spend time with family. We want to be rich, so we sacrifice morals/dignity/unity to claim a spot at the lonely top. We are easily manipulated because we don’t want to think for self…often reciting what others say/think/do…unaware of the potential of self, neglecting to exercise our own thoughts on any ideas/circumstances…readily agreeing to ideologies of strangers ONLY because they “appear” trust worthy. We are divided so we can be controlled and conquered, fighting each other over color of skin/clothes/paper/metals/ while the instigators and oppressors hide/chortle to the masses ignorance.

We support/praise/and pay millions to one man to play a kids game and effortlessly walk by old homeless people sleeping in the rain. We collectively choose corrupt representatives to do for us the very things we can do for ourselves…and when these representatives fail us… we fail to hold them accountable. We let our greed get the best of us, never satisfied, always wanting what others have…even when there’s no need. We set standards and make claims to what is “normal”, and will mock those that are brave enough to express their own uniqueness. We often follow without direction; leadership is seen through media devices… not in the souls of the personal experience. Man has grown to be the professional procrastinator, highly skilled at making excuses to be useless.

We need all the help we can get, but it has to come from us. No one put us here but us, we are allowing everything we are collectively going through, we are getting what we created, it’s deserving because we are not doing anything to offset our controlled mind set. Spread the awareness so we can all talk about it...everyone may not be on the same page...but change will soon follow if everyone is at least in the same book.

Peace
    --
    Humans created so much wonder through their division, just imagine what they can do through Unity...

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peace of Mind For This Post:

Dorjezigzag (21st June 2014), Pam (20th June 2014), Wind (21st June 2014)

14. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,707 times in 3,334 posts

Quote Posted by Peace of Mind (here)
    Yes!! We do what we can to assist the whole. The world is out of balance because of humans…no one or thing did this but us, we allowed this to happen. If you/I/we don’t do anything…who will?

For such a magnificent and intelligent specie…we choose to be the victim looking for a hero to drop out of the clear blue. The heroes are here now.
    We are here. It’s up to humans to change what we collectively created through blind deceptions. Humans are the only species on this planet that are born into organized slavery. There are children begging on the streets while scared conditioned adults fool themselves into thinking this was by choice. We give our power to money/material and crooked individuals…and then sit around on a daily bases expecting the world to change for the better. We blame/ whine/argue more than we take responsibility/share/collaborate. We kill to live (when we don’t have to), yet are afraid to die. We are afraid to live because we allow innocents to die. We were all born to die, but so many live this life as if they will live forever…afraid to take chances, afraid to leave a legacy, afraid to make a world better for the unsuspecting children. We just train their raw pure impressionable minds with disempowerment and self-righteousness. No one wants to be kept inside of a box all their life....yet we cage/imprison other species for our amusement(zoos.aquariums/circuses)....and then we expect aliens to respect that...especially when we pollute our own skies, land and water with our support to corrupt companies.

We pretend to be what we want instead of actually being what we are. We talk a lot, we bark a lot…but it’s often done in privacy. The streets are filled with strangers walking by each other, hardly anyone caring, just drones programmed to maintain the very system they despise….as we work more than we play and/or spend time with family. We want to be rich, so we sacrifice morals/dignity/unity to claim a spot at the lonely top. We are easily manipulated because we don’t want to think for self…often reciting what others say/think/do…unaware of the potential of self, neglecting to exercise our own thoughts on any ideas/circumstances…readily agreeing to ideologies of strangers ONLY because they “appear” trust worthy. We are divided so we can be controlled and conquered, fighting each other over color of skin/clothes/paper/metals/ while the instigators and oppressors hide/chortle to the masses ignorance.

We support/praise/and pay millions to one man to play a kids game and effortlessly walk by old homeless people sleeping in the rain. We collectively choose corrupt representatives to do for us the very things we can do for ourselves…and when these representatives fail us… we fail to hold them accountable. We let our greed get the best of us, never satisfied, always wanting what others have…even when there’s no need. We set standards and make claims to what is “normal”, and will mock those that are brave enough to express their own uniqueness. We often follow without direction; leadership is seen through media devices… not in the souls of the personal experience. Man has grown to be the professional procrastinator, highly skilled at making excuses to be useless.

We need all the help we can get, but it has to come from us. No one put us here but us, we are allowing everything we are collectively going through, we are getting what we created, it’s deserving because we are not doing anything to offset our controlled mind set. Spread the awareness so we can all talk about it...everyone may not be on the same page...but change will soon follow if everyone is at least in the same book.

Peace

I am totally blown away by your post!!!! You are extremely wise and insightful into the human condition. It is very hard to read at the same time because I know I am a part of what you are writing about. You are right, we have to help ourselves and the first part of doing that is recognizing ourselves and our plight. If I believe I am a victim of something or someone else I can continue to be self righteous, angry and helpless. Thank you for having the guts to speak this truth , I don't imagine you will get too many atta boys for it. But, I recognized the truth and wisdom and thank you from the bottom of my heart.

With great respect,
    Pam

15. Link to Post #50
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,856 times in 21,553 posts

Quote Posted by Earthlink (here)
    huh? how do I post a picture?
    Perhaps one of these threads will provide useful guidance:
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3