+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Human Animals - That's Us

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Default Human Animals - That's Us

Once in a while I have the unfortunate accidental occasion where I see the things that go on in laboratories. It happened yesterday while I was surfing youtube for something to listen to while doing my mundane chores. I cringe every time I see it.

Animals in a lab. Rats, monkeys,cats,dogs,dolphins you name it, they have tried it.
    a few examples are below.

There are literally hundreds of these available. With these first three you get my point.
    Now, consider for a moment, our relationships with our beloved animals. They have souls. They know how to love etc.

Some complain regarding the abduction scenario that is going on in our skies today, and throughout history, people taken, chipped, drilled, probed, poked, shot up etc.
    There is no difference, than what people do to creatures of our OWN PLANET.
    Our animals have no free will, when they are subject to these experiments. Why should we be treated any different?

I am saddened by the realization that our planet will never be free of this until we stop doing it to our own. We have got to understand that we are ALL related and stop this madness. I am sickened by what I see in these few short videos. And they don't even scratch the surface.

Some say, aliens use us for food. WELL????? Same goes. How can we be so stupid as to think we are special and can get away with this behavior and someone else should not be able to.

I think a lot about this problem, yet there are no answers.

Monkeys given brain legions

This is GRAPHIC do not watch if you dont want to cry today

Why would we be expempt??????
    Name:  experiment.JPG
Views: 243
Size:  26.4 KB
    Last edited by Sidney; 1st June 2014 at 01:27.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Abhaya (1st June 2014), boja (1st June 2014), ElfeMya (1st June 2014), Freed Fox (1st June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Limor Wolf (1st June 2014), Pam (1st June 2014), Tyy1907 (1st June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

Default Re: Human Animals - That's Us

Excellent points across the board Sidney.

Actually, what is often reported from abduction scenarios pales in comparison to some of the things humans do to other animals. There is one video which a relative of mine described (which I WILL NOT search for, but have no reason to doubt), wherein animals were being skinned alive and tossed into a pile to bleed to death. Absolutely horrible.

Some humans in their hubris believe (consciously or otherwise) that they are the highest life form and the Earth, along with all her other children, are simply here to use and/or abuse as they see fit.

If anything, a species in our position should be stewards and caretakers. While there are some wonderful, compassionate individuals out there acting in such a manner, from a broader perspective we are failing if such is really our purpose here.

As for our superiority, I've never seen any other creature exhibiting the kind of cruelty and devastation which we humans have demonstrated in our sordid history here. Truly, I hope it will all change for the better...
    Last edited by Freed Fox; 1st June 2014 at 02:06.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

joeecho (1st June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Limor Wolf (1st June 2014), Shezbeth (1st June 2014), Sidney (1st June 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

YOu are so right Freed Fox!! And at least they wipe our memories. The animals that are mistreated by humans do not get that luxury. The live with that trauma forever if they live through it.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Abhaya (1st June 2014), Freed Fox (1st June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Quote Posted by Sidney (here)

How can we be so stupid as to think we are special and can get away with this behavior and someone else should not be able to.

We are not exempt.

What happens to one happens to all.

That is what keeps getting forgotten (of which I am not exempt).

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

As above, so below

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,280 times in 1,435 posts

I see the connection here. Very interesting. I think we should also keep in mind that these aliens that abuse us have an agenda that definately doesn't serve our best interests. They don't deserve any brownie points for erasing our memories as far as I'm concerned.
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

Abhaya (1st June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Limor Wolf (1st June 2014), Sidney (1st June 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

No brownies given. lol And they don't wipe memories to ease any pain either. If they didn't wipe the memories, the cat would be out of the bag by now.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Limor Wolf (1st June 2014), Tyy1907 (1st June 2014)

13. Link to Post #8
    New Caledonia/ Australia/ Munich, Germany
    Thanks

So agree... go vegan ! :-)
    Love and Light

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Abhaya (1st June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Shezbeth (1st June 2014), Sidney (1st June 2014)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,686 times in 3,333 posts

Sidney, As an animal rescue worker it never fails to boggle my mind the way animals are treated, the disrespect is unfathomable. I believe this disconnect humans have with the rest of the world is our core dilemma. I have had people refer to the bible ad nauseam to the stating that humans are to subdue the earth. What a crock........Yesterday I heard a mother laughing with her young toddler son about how funny it was that he was stomping on insects. I would say the disconnect is sociopathic for many. In most peoples estimate animals are here to serve as food, entertainment, companions and as a general whipping boy...People watch animals and marine life being hunted and killed for fun on reality TV. Nothing can truly change for the better until there is a major paradigm shift. I believe we are to be stewards of the earth, not rapists. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to vent.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

ElfeMya (2nd June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Shezbeth (1st June 2014), Sidney (1st June 2014), Wind (2nd June 2014)

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Quote Posted by ElfeMya (here)
    Love your avatar. Looks like my daily banana intake . Been on the 80/10/10 for some time now and love it!

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Abhaya (here)
    Love your avatar. Looks like my daily banana intake . Been on the 80/10/10 for some time now and love it!
    Yes!!!!
    Eating mandarins as I'm reading and surfing on the forum ! I have been in the process for a couple of years and it makes a huge difference, doesn't it? Health, Emotional balance, the personal healing are amazing and the benefit for the planet is too ! ! !
    Love and Light

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Abhaya (2nd June 2014)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Once in a while I have the unfortunate accidental occasion where I see the things that go on in laboratories. It happened yesterday while I was surfing youtube for something to listen to while doing my mundane chores. I cringe every time I see it.

Attachment 25965
    There is a solution, it is already implemented by dozens of thousands of people in the world : veganism.

If we stop consuming animal products then the dollars are no longer going to the farms, the industries, the corporations making benefits out of it.

If we spend our dollars on fruits and veggies, solar, renewables etc. we have the owed to promote whet we want to see thrive on the Planet.
    Buying Organic also push more people to produce organic since that where the profit is.

If animal products ( and testing ) are rejecting by more and more people then the change is going to happen.

I too can't watch any videos or pictures of abuse, it turns me upside down and I don't sleep for a long time.

Given the fact that we allow ourselves to kill and destroy other life forms on the planet, sure, we can not seriously be exempted of having this done to us as well. This wold be pure hypocrisy.

We need to have hope and be strong and stand our crop grounds. Eating fruits and veggies is not boring, there is no lack and huge gain of health, vitality and clarity !

Go Vegan !
    Love and Light

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Abhaya (2nd June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Sidney (2nd June 2014)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

There is a solution, it is already implemented by dozens of thousands of people in the world : veganism.
    Well, it wouldn't counteract animal testing, poaching, or hunting for sport even if everyone stopped eating meat. You did mention testing and the boycotting of products derived from that practice as well as animal products (genuine leather, furs, etc), but even then, there's still the testing conducted by medical researchers in their pursuit of treatments. That alone would require a pretty large movement and subsequent legislation to bring it to an end, I think. It's unfortunate, but even among those who are not abjectly cruel to animals, there are quite a few who just fundamentally believe that saving human lives comes before the suffering of other animals.

Furthermore, poaching practices involve black markets which hold ethics at the very bottom of their list of concerns. Profit is always at the tip-top... but of course (and again, unfortunately) black markets are not alone in that particular prioritization.

I apologize for playing the naysayer here. Don't get me wrong at all; I sincerely wish that the whole planet would move swiftly and decisively in the direction of indiscriminate compassion. However, it would require a massive amount of people to suddenly grow a real conscience and learn true empathy for non-human creatures. I want dearly for that to happen... I want to even have faith that it could happen, but... It just seems like such common sense that I don't even know how to advocate for it. It certainly can't be forced.

I just feel at a loss with it all sometimes.
    Last edited by Freed Fox; 2nd June 2014 at 02:46.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

ElfeMya (2nd June 2014), Shezbeth (3rd June 2014), Sidney (2nd June 2014), Wind (2nd June 2014)

24. Link to Post #14
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Dear Sidney, such a wise compassionate heart and mind you have. I came up with an expression years ago that I think is fitting; a spin on the Golden Rule. "Do unto animals as you would have aliens do unto you"

We may not be getting the aliens we want but the ones we deserve.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Becky (3rd June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Shezbeth (3rd June 2014), Sidney (2nd June 2014)

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Freed Fox (here)
    Well, it wouldn't counteract animal testing, poaching, or hunting for sport even if everyone stopped eating meat. You did mention testing and the boycotting of products derived from that practice as well as animal products (genuine leather, furs, etc), but even then, there's still the testing conducted by medical researchers in their pursuit of treatments. That alone would require a pretty large movement and subsequent legislation to bring it to an end, I think. It's unfortunate, but even among those who are not abjectly cruel to animals, there are quite a few who just fundamentally believe that saving human lives comes before the suffering of other animals.

Furthermore, poaching practices involve black markets which hold ethics at the very bottom of their list of concerns. Profit is always at the tip-top... but of course (and again, unfortunately) black markets are not alone in that particular prioritization.

I apologize for playing the naysayer here. Don't get me wrong at all; I sincerely wish that the whole planet would move swiftly and decisively in the direction of indiscriminate compassion. However, it would require a massive amount of people to suddenly grow a real conscience and learn true empathy for non-human creatures. I want dearly for that to happen... I want to even have faith that it could happen, but... It just seems like such common sense that I don't even know how to advocate for it. It certainly can't be forced.

I just feel at a loss with it all sometimes.
    What about we start somewhere and do something each day without closing all the doors we are not knocking on yet ? What about we just take one step at the time and trust our abilities to come up with appropriate solutions when they are needed ?

I understand the feeling of loss and that it is not going to work and that it is not enough given the amount of suffering that is happening now on the Plnet, humans, animals, plants, all living and vibrating livings all together. However it is not enough to stop me from actually doing something.
    It is just that and I am not the only one believing in this way of doing things : no meat, no animal products, that will already decrease the amount of death and suffering hugely. Then we will deal with whatever is remaining or it may even happen before.

Fruity hugs to you !
    Love and Light

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

Abhaya (2nd June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Sidney (2nd June 2014), Wind (2nd June 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Attachment 25965

If we stop consuming animal products then the dollars are no longer going to the farms, the industries, the corporations making benefits out of it.

If we spend our dollars on fruits and veggies, solar, renewables etc. we have the owed to promote whet we want to see thrive on the Planet.
    Buying Organic also push more people to produce organic since that where the profit is.

If animal products ( and testing ) are rejecting by more and more people then the change is going to happen.

I too can't watch any videos or pictures of abuse, it turns me upside down and I don't sleep for a long time.

Given the fact that we allow ourselves to kill and destroy other life forms on the planet, sure, we can not seriously be exempted of having this done to us as well. This wold be pure hypocrisy.

We need to have hope and be strong and stand our crop grounds. Eating fruits and veggies is not boring, there is no lack and huge gain of health, vitality and clarity !

Go Vegan !
    That would definitely help, but, that is not the full answer. BIG PHARMA, is a big culprit as is the military industrial complex, and the huge number of people who are scientists, and just plain mean people and those who hunt for "sport". It is a much bigger problem than just going vegan, sadly.

29. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

The most heart-wrenching story I have ever heard concerning animal cruelty is encapsulated in the documentary "The Cove." It's about dolphins being slaughtered and it is deplorable...pure utter insanity.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Abhaya (2nd June 2014), ElfeMya (2nd June 2014), kirolak (2nd June 2014), Sidney (2nd June 2014), Wind (2nd June 2014)

31. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    The most heart-wrenching story I have ever heard concerning animal cruelty is encapsulated in the documentary "The Cove." It's about dolphins being slaughtered and it is deplorable...pure utter insanity.
    Pure organized slaughter... disgusting !
    Love and Light

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

kirolak (2nd June 2014), Sidney (3rd June 2014)

33. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Attachment 25965

Go Vegan !
    That would definitely help, but, that is not the full answer. BIG PHARMA, is a big culprit as is the military industrial complex, and the huge number of people who are scientists, and just plain mean people and those who hunt for "sport". It is a much bigger problem than just going vegan, sadly.
    I respect your position. I also am aware of the extent of the damages that are done and the amount of power and money issues coming with it.

However I am thinking of Ghandi or Rosa Parks or Martin Luther King or all those people that made a huge difference and how they made a step, overcoming their fears and not following the no sayers... And I can't help but think we too need to take risks, end our fears and overcome our failure patterns and we will make a difference.

So on this I will respectfully totally disagree with you and keep pushing for a planet with no use of animals and a happy healthy clear minded population.
    Let's see how big is the difference we can make !

Have a lovely monday !
    Love and Light

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElfeMya For This Post:

kirolak (2nd June 2014), Sidney (3rd June 2014)

35. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

I agree, the only way to go is vegan, if we care about the lives of other animals at all. And there is the added bonus of our own better health, to "make up for" any "taste" you think you may be giving up.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Abhaya (2nd June 2014), ElfeMya (5th June 2014), Sidney (3rd June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast