+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beam me up: Scientists say human teleportation is 'possible' as they transfer atoms three metres in groundbreaking experiment

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

Default Beam me up: Scientists say human teleportation is 'possible' as they transfer atoms three metres in groundbreaking experiment

Scientists say human teleportation is ‘possible’ as they transfer atoms three metres
    in groundbreaking experiment

Sunday 1st June 2014 at 05:12 By David Icke

If they tell you it's possible they are already doing it.

‘Star Trek-style ‘beaming up’ of people through space could become a reality
    sometime in the far future, the leader of a landmark teleportation experiment has
    said.Nothing in the laws of physics fundamentally forbids the teleportation of large
    objects, including humans, researchers claim.

They were able to transport an atom three metres with 100% accuracy.’

'What we are teleporting is the state of a particle,' Prof Hanson, from Delft
    University of Technology in the Netherlands, said.

'If you believe we are nothing more than a collection of atoms strung together in a
    particular way, then in principle it should be possible to teleport ourselves from one
    place to another.

'In practice it's extremely unlikely, but to say it can never work is very dangerous.

'I would not rule it out because there's no fundamental law of physics preventing it.

'If it ever does happen it will be far in the future.'

In contrast, it is physically impossible for anything to travel faster than light.
    Prof Hanson's team showed for the first time that it was possible to teleport
    information encoded into sub-atomic particles between two points three metres
    apart with 100% reliability.

The demonstration was an important first step towards developing an internet-like
    network between ultra-fast quantum computers whose processing power dwarfs
    that of today's supercomputers.Teleportation exploits the weird way 'entangled'
    particles acquire a merged identity, with the state of one instantly influencing the
    other no matter how far apart they are.Giving one particle an 'up' spin, for
    instance, might always mean its entangled partner has a 'down' spin - theoretically
    even if both particles are on different sides of the universe.

Albert Einstein dismissed entanglement, calling it 'spooky action at a distance', but
    scientists have repeatedly demonstrated that it is a real phenomenon.

The demonstration was an important first step towards developing an internet-like
    network between ultra-fast quantum computers whose processing power dwarfs
    that of today's supercomputers.

The research is published in the latest online edition of the journal Science.

Prof Hanson said: 'The main application of quantum teleportation is a quantum
    version of the internet, extending a global network that we can use to send
    quantum information.

'We have shown that it's possible to do this, and it works every time that you try.

'It provides the first building block of the future quantum internet.

'One application nearest to a real life application is secure communication.

'What you're doing is using entanglement as your communication channel.

'The information is teleported to the other side, and there's no way anyone can
    intercept that information. In principle it's 100% secure.'

A more ambitious experiment, involving the teleportation of information between
    buildings on the university campus 1,300 metres apart, is planned in July.It is
    hoped this will answer Einstein's main objection to teleportation, the possibility that
    a signal passes between entangled particles at the speed of light.

'I believe it will work,' said Prof Hanson.#

'But it's a huge technical challenge - there's a reason why nobody has done it yet.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz33Oh5nz6S
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Trek fun video-"Beam me up Scotty"

Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st June 2014 at 18:44.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

aranuk (1st June 2014), Camilo (1st June 2014), Cara (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Kimberley (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014), Limor Wolf (1st June 2014), NancyV (1st June 2014), Nasu (4th June 2014), Sidney (1st June 2014), Snoweagle (1st June 2014), Tommy (2nd June 2014), toppy (2nd June 2014), yelik (1st June 2014), Zaya (2nd June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,293 times in 2,822 posts

Default Re: Beam me up: Scientists say human teleportation is 'possible' as they transfer atoms three metres in groundbreaking experiment

Quote Posted by Cidersomerset (here)
    'If you believe we are nothing more than a collection of atoms strung together in a
    particular way, then in principle it should be possible to teleport ourselves from one
    place to another.'
    I find the above quote interesting.

In essence, how I interpret this is, if you reduce us to atom/ particle/ quantum strings then in principle it should be possible to teleport ourselves from one
    place to another.'

Another interpretation: 'If you believe we are 'digital selves', then in principle it should be possible to teleport ourselves from one
    place to another.'

Anyone else thinking of examples like in the Matrix where they transported by telephone?

It all boils down to 'Who are we'?

If we (are) digital, then are we not part of the Matrix? And if that is true, then anything and everything is possible. It's only a matter of programming/ manipulation of code.

(What I wrote above is free-range ideas to ponder)

P.s. I enjoyed the Star Trek fun video-"Beam me up Scotty"
    Last edited by joeecho; 1st June 2014 at 16:26.

4. Link to Post #3
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: Beam me up: Scientists say human teleportation is 'possible' as they transfer atoms three metres in groundbreaking experiment

Hi joeecho, Thanks for the free range :), I don't think we are digital beings, even though, this is becoming more popular to ponder about in this highly digital time and place. It might be that we are a programmed Matrix-reality, however, and I lean towards that more and more these days. There are many attempts to 'digitalise us' in a way that not only impacts our senses and our minds but intervene with our physical bodies as well. I also find the MAIL ONLINE above quote interesting, as we are indeed a collection of atoms with an essence or consciousness and that can not be suspect to consists of atoms as well, is it? Who knows, however, consciousness may be a matter, but not from any kind that we know or can imagin, but if the body can break apart and re-assemble itself in a shapeshifting type of way, or be teleported, what happens to the soul/consciousness component, and how this part is being transfered?

All very interesting, all very real

I believe we are organic beings in a digital world, but some may be more digital than others, the 'we ' that we so often think about as a unified collective self, may not be as homogeneous nowdays as we think it is..

Thanks Cidersomerset for posting this new item ~

Limor

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Camilo (1st June 2014), Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,374 times in 1,941 posts

True story. My friend Daniel who lives in Kirkland near Seattle had a son who was working for a timber company during the university holidays. Daniel's son Jeff told his dad that James Doohan (Scotty in Startrek) was a frequent visitor to the timber yard. Daniel asked why this was so and Jeff explained that James Doohan would load up a truck with logs for his stove. Daniel looked at his son surprised and said "I would have thought he would be using Lithium crystals".

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Camilo (1st June 2014), Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014), marique3652 (2nd June 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Yep, is possible, cept I call it jumping. From one place to another. Anyplace, to anyplace, anywhere, instantly, at the speed of thought, to anyplace in the Universe. And I use George as my landing guide, so that I don't land in the middle of a rock, or somethin. ccc. (George? My High Self) Yep. He knows where everything is, and lands me safely everytime, and, so no-one can see me land. "Very" important, also.

I love these scientists, they're gonna sh*t when they learn the truth. ccc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014), NancyV (1st June 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

the plejaren say there is three more particles we have yet to discover , one of them moves billions of times faster than light and are so connected that communication across the entire universe is possible instantly , the link is open before the transmission is sent , sort of like water in the ocean , you touch the water and you are touching the entire ocean ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Camilo (1st June 2014), Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), marique3652 (2nd June 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

Yep! " If they tell you it's possible they are already doing it."

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

aranuk (2nd June 2014), Camilo (1st June 2014), Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

Erm... wait a minute. How do we know that all the Star Trek beamings (and any real future experiments) just reproduce what looks and sounds like the original person, but the original person's soul has been ripped out and languishes in eternal agony? How would you ever know, unless it happened to you?

Who wants to go first...? (And actually even if you did, how will the rest of us know if your soul has been ripped out etc...?)

Nick

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    Yep, is possible, cept I call it jumping. From one place to another.
    so i must ask you is this a complete physical jump? or are you talking about while in meditation and this is more akin to remote seeing? and how/where did you learn this technique? im quite curious, dennis
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 1st June 2014 at 23:10. Reason: fix quoting

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tnkayaker For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by tnkayaker (here)
    Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    Yep, is possible, cept I call it jumping. From one place to another.
    so i must ask you is this a complete physical jump? or are you talking about while in meditation and this is more akin to remote seeing? and how/where did you learn this technique? im quite curious, dennis
    If it's a real physical jump, please bring something back with you next time, or at least take a camera. We'd all love to see the photos of what you saw.

Thanks,

Nick
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 1st June 2014 at 23:11. Reason: fix quoting

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

Quote Erm... wait a minute. How do we know that all the Star Trek beamings (and any real future experiments) just reproduce what looks and sounds like the original person, but the original person's soul has been ripped out and languishes in eternal agony? How would you ever know, unless it happened to you?

Who wants to go first...? (And actually even if you did, how will the rest of us know if your soul has been ripped out etc...?)

Nick
    That's if you think your soul is important , according to ion the soul in a stenographer that keeps track of our
    unrealised creations. It enters the physical body after the first exhale after birth and stays in the physical as
    we return to the 'Guf' none physical. We are pure electrical eternal beings 'Gods', so if that's true we can
    manifest anything and go anywhere in our natural state. The goal though is to stay eternal in a physical
    form to be able to appreciate the senses, as although none physical is a bliss full state , it can be boring
    without contrast and that's why we descended and put our powers in a box. The ark of the covenant,
    We are reaching a stage of re ascension which has been speeding up over the last couple of hundred
    years and is coming to the point where many will ascend.

There are gods that never descended in the first place and many that are eternal physical beings that
    have lived amongst us for hundreds and some thousands of years. Some of the old testament characters
    are still here, happily experiencing contrast. When looked at in that light some of the wars, diseases and
    other horrors that have and are still happening make some sense. Because no god can be killed in there
    natural state, the physical is like a theme park and all the crap and good that happens here we manifest.

If the elites know this and ion says many do, it would explain why life here is so cheap, but does not
    explain all the ordinary murders and despot warlords around the world. Ion says there is no death
    and every departure is suicide which is hard to get your head around. I don't know if this is correct
    or not but a lot of it fits my paradigm and I'm happy knowing I'm god . It never felt right that there
    was a 'Big G' sitting up in the clouds....LOL more like trillions of particle gods floating in the ether.

So after all that I think I might have a go at teleporting somewhere in no time...LOL

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Interview with a Soul

Bob interviews a soul and later iON answers the question, where is the guf?
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 1st June 2014 at 19:43.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts

I believe it's possible. I don't think we're digital. I agree with Limor in that we're organic, and I also agree with David Icke when he says we're holografic, which makes it very possible. And as Kimberley said, if they say it can be done, you bet they're already doing it.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

Cidersomerset (1st June 2014), cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (1st June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014), Limor Wolf (2nd June 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    I believe we are organic beings in a digital world.
    Limor
    I agree with you.

However, this agreement is conveyed between us through the digital world.

I would even venture to say that if we were standing face-to-face and communicating that way, that that communication (and space) between us would also be digital.

It is only acceptance without 'accepting' that is not digital. The unspoken word, per say.
    Last edited by joeecho; 1st June 2014 at 19:48.

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by aranuk (here)
    True story. My friend Daniel who lives in Kirkland near Seattle had a son who was working for a timber company during the university holidays. Daniel's son Jeff told his dad that James Doohan (Scotty in Startrek) was a frequent visitor to the timber yard. Daniel asked why this was so and Jeff explained that James Doohan would load up a truck with logs for his stove. Daniel looked at his son surprised and said "I would have thought he would be using Lithium crystals".

Stan
    Brings back memories....

I met and spoke with James Doohan at a grand opening of a rehab/ nursing home in Lakewood, WA (I believe a relative, possibly a daughter, had a connection with the facility being opened) next to the hospital back in the 80's. He was very friendly, not standoffish in the least.

Also met Carl Sagan in Seattle back in the early 90's, VERY interesting guy!

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

What I can't understand is why the producers of Startrek or whoever they are didn't hire a real Scottish actor to play the part of Scotty. His accent is NOT Scottish at all. To a Scottish person he sounds like an American with a phony Irish accent. There would have been lots of Scottish actors who could have played his part convincingly. Och aye the noo!

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

cursichella1 (2nd June 2014), joeecho (4th June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

28. Link to Post #16
    Norway Senior Administrator Tommy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,574 times in 371 posts

Thanks for posting this here

I am really looking forward to the July experiment, if that works we are really looking at potential exponential development within first, IT and then likely within general wireless energy transfer. Once this first objective is completed I assume we will see a lot of other "fun" experiments. I do behold the irony somewhat as I am sure many here will agree we have much more advanced tech in existing black projects, but the geek in me find this interesting non-the-less.

Cheers

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy For This Post:

Krist (2nd June 2014)

30. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,473 times in 472 posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum...ts_and_records

Quote Work in 1998 verified the initial predictions,[13] and the distance of teleportation was increased in August 2004 to 600 meters, using optical fiber.[14] The longest distance yet claimed to be achieved for quantum teleportation is 143 km (89 mi), performed in May 2012, between the two Canary Islands of La Palma and Tenerife off the Atlantic coast of north Africa
    I have a friend doing work with entanglement in chicago with qubits, fascinating times we live in.
    The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.
    -- Maureen Dowd --

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toad For This Post:

joeecho (4th June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

32. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member HaulinBananas's Avatar
    Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/The-Future-Min...re+of+the+mind

In the first part of Michio Kaku's recent book, The Future of the Mind, he discusses how MRI technology is being used to understand what happens in the brain. In one example a bunch of grad students working on a project used themselves as guinea pigs to gather a lot of information as to what happens in the brain . . . I think they were watching brief youtube clips while in a MRI machine, and watched for similar patterns to decode meanings . . . machine version of telepathy is my layman's understanding of what they were doing. In the book he briefly discusses the research to gather information from a person's brain, or to be able to control a person's body . . . with examples of helping disable people . . . but with other implications hinted to as well.

Michio Kaku described consciousness as being *in* the brain and was pretty much dismissive of things like OBE, NDE, and other alternative experiences such as UFO experiencers or observers. He was very much the skeptic, using the explanation - quoting an expert - of how there was some biological explanation. However, Eben Alexander's, book Proof of Heaven is a much better explanation of the NDE experience.

http://www.amazon.com/Proof-Heaven-N...roof+of+heaven

Some of the experts quoted in Michio Kaku's books seem to lean to the skeptic materialistic and mechanistic leaning in science. But, it would be harsh to say that Michio Kaku cherry picks his experts.

In The Future of the Mind Michio Kaku speaks of being able to transfer his version of consciousness (that which is only in the brain, the unique pattern or imprint of one person) from one place to another in order that people can travel throughout the galaxy. (Like in Clifford D. Simak's science fiction novel, The Waystation?) Basically to send their consciousness to a waiting blank vessel (body) far away. He explains how it can be done on a laser beam. (Wonder if the beam coming out of the top of the Bosnian pyramid had any function in the past?). Michio Kaku also explains that it would be possible in the future to remove a person's consciousness and put it in a container (Didn't some abductees talk about that happening in UFOs?)

http://www.amazon.com/My-Big-TOE-Awa...ig+TOE+audible

With regard to the physical teleportation of the body, without using machines, such as done by Sir Dipswitch, it is mentioned near the end of Tom Campbell's My Big TOE (Theory of Everything) book very briefly that it is possible (can't find the sentence to quote it from the book.) Also, Tom Campbell has mentioned either in his books or in his youtube talks something about when you go to another reality that you are physical there. (poor explanation on my part). At least one other OBE experiencer has mentioned physical human body teleportation, but I cannot remember who it was . . . I read too many books to be able to narrow it down to one author. Maybe it was William Buhlman or Robert Monroe? So, they are talking about physical teleportation of the body without machines.

Because Michio Kaku is focused on the physical brain he doesn't cover any possibility of humans being able to do telepathy or teleportation or telekinesis without machines. He even says in his book that the brain is a machine. Some of the scientists mentioned in his book are slicing human brains very thinly and noting what they find in an attempt to reverse engineer the brain.

http://www.amazon.com/Journeys-Out-o...ody+audio+book

In an appendix to Robert A Monroe's book Journey's Out of the Body there is an exploration of the significance of what can be done in the OBE state, with a couple of frightening implications mentioned. But in Michio Kaku's book, the implications of where some of the research is going (or is at now) is even more horrific because there are a few areas of the research that could be used to impose one person's will or control over another. But, Michio Kaku discusses freewill in book and whether or not it really exists or has meaning.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to HaulinBananas For This Post:

Krist (2nd June 2014)

34. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member HaulinBananas's Avatar
    Thanks

What I can't understand is why the producers of Startrek or whoever they are didn't hire a real Scottish actor to play the part of Scotty. His accent is NOT Scottish at all. To a Scottish person he sounds like an American with a phony Irish accent. There would have been lots of Scottish actors who could have played his part convincingly. Och aye the noo!

Stan
    Sorry this is OT . . . I didn't know that Scotty's accent is not authentically Scottish sounding at all. But, I do remember watching a great television series from Netflix called Hamish Macbeth, and it wasn't until the third show that I could understand most of what the actors were saying. I don't know if they were putting on the accents, if the accent was authentic, but it was really rich and thick sounding - and with some unfamiliar words that might be regional. A great series to watch if you like human relationships and caring and a bit of funny adventures like in the show Eureka - but without all the gadgets. Star Trek's Scotty was understandable, if not accurate. In any case, both Star Trek and Hamish MacBeth are fun and human experiences. (Like this forum)

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Hamish-...l&trkid=222336

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HaulinBananas For This Post:

joeecho (4th June 2014), Krist (2nd June 2014)

36. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HaulinBananas (here)

Stan
    Sorry this is OT . . . I didn't know that Scotty's accent is not authentically Scottish sounding at all. But, I do remember watching a great television series from Netflix called Hamish Macbeth, and it wasn't until the third show that I could understand most of what the actors were saying. I don't know if they were putting on the accents, if the accent was authentic, but it was really rich and thick sounding - and with some unfamiliar words that might be regional. A great series to watch if you like human relationships and caring and a bit of funny adventures like in the show Eureka - but without all the gadgets. Star Trek's Scotty was understandable, if not accurate. In any case, both Star Trek and Hamish MacBeth are fun and human experiences. (Like this forum)

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Hamish-...l&trkid=222336
    Hi HB, that series Hamish MacBeth was indeed Scottish actors with genuine Scottish accents. Although Scotland is a small country of just over 5 million people there is great diversity in accents from all parts of the country. An Edinburgh accent is so different from a Glasgow accent although they are just 45 miles apart. The highland accent is different again. Sean Connery has an Edinburgh accent where as Billy Connelly has a Glaswegian one. There are also towns that are 30 miles away from Edinburgh where I find it difficult to understand the locals.

Stan

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

HaulinBananas (2nd June 2014), joeecho (4th June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast