+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Skywizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,727 times in 1,319 posts

Default Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?

What if they look at the iPad and merely giggle at what, to them, is a primitive form of abacus-
    like technology?

It's haunting enough that we're now, apparently, in the post, post-PC era, but could it be that we're also in the post-alien era?

We always assume that alien contact is yet to be made, that the next frontier -- which might be the final one -- is out in space.

Yet astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson worries that this frontier has come and gone. Speaking to MSNBC's Chris Hayes, the "Cosmos" presenter talked about his hopes and fears.

In the latter category, he placed this idea: "The audacity of us to even claim we can define intelligence."

All too often, and I'm not specifically referring to Google engineers here, humans can behave as if we're the repository of all knowledge.

"My great fear is that we've in fact been visited by intelligent aliens, but they chose not to make contact, on the conclusion that there's no sign of intelligent life on Earth" he said.

DeGrasse Tyson went on to explain that there's plenty of organic matter in the Universe. What we don't know if how often such organic matter is turned into self-replicating life.

It's perfectly possible that planets out there have outlived their intelligent species. It could be that planets that pre-date ours enjoyed intelligent life for untold years, before that life became extinct.

But what if there's a planet that is so much more intelligent than our own (please, please tell me there is), where communication skills are so advanced that we don't understand?

What if they look at the iPad and merely giggle at what, to them, is a primitive form of abacus-like technology? What if they look at us staring into our TV screens at singing competitions and think we must be mentally deficient?

But perhaps they are reaching out to us, in as simple a way as they can.

"They could be saying 'Hey, we're over here! Look here! Look here!' It could be some technological thing that to them is just obvious," DeGrasse Tyson said. And, to us, falls on entirely unintelligent ears.

It could be that our attempts to communicate with other planets, and their attempts to communicate with us, are no better than the level of communication that happens on the average first date. Or year 7 of the average marriage.

And here we are thinking that we're so clever.

Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/cosmos-pres...d-were-stupid/

peace...
    ~~ One foot in the Ancient World and the other in the Now ~~

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Skywizard For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (5th June 2014), Agape (5th June 2014), AutumnW (5th June 2014), birddog (5th June 2014), Cara (5th June 2014), Craig (5th June 2014), Ellisa (6th June 2014), Ivanhoe (5th June 2014), Jean-Marie (6th June 2014), Krist (5th June 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th June 2014), Nasu (6th June 2014), Shezbeth (6th June 2014), Sidney (5th June 2014), Star Tsar (5th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Re: Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Well, we are stuck with a cold war game and show. Which is turning into what is supposed to be an alien/human cold war front.

That cold war game and show, is one where entire populations (IE, the entire planet -and in factions), their culture, their society, their lives, their health, and their awareness is a tool and weapon in this 'game and war'.

To win a war, via destroying a society, destroying a culture.

To control the war front, to conceal the war front, via destruction of one's OWN society and cultural basis, or platform from which this war front is launched, but KEEPING them captive and turning them down from realizing that it exists.

The origins of such techniques lie in things like.. launching plague ridden corpses into forts and strongholds which refuse to surrender.

Then..oh..I dunno..pick one, any one: the second world war propaganda tale of 'loose lips sink ships'. And a thousand other hints and clues.

From such basis, we find humanity dumbed down and being used as a tool, a lever, a worker bee in promoting and running high technology wars and games.

Where the general humanity at large is a 3rd rate tool. Society broken up into awareness classes and groups, enforced chemically, enforced environmentally, enforced genetically, enforced emotionally, culturally, and in societal/behavioral terms.

These desires in what likes to call itself an elite class, which in themselves are a horror show of illiterate sociopathy, pure animalism..these desires are as old as the hills. The nasty sociopaths among the intelligent still using clubs and murder to get their way.

Only in recent technological times, has this elite class or group had the MEANS and technological ability to truly pull it off.

What you see about you, around you.... is a result of this game and war. An entire planet 'turned down' in intelligence and direction, so to speak.

Now that they have their technology, their tools, their cover....they are now, apparently...burning off the worker bees that did all the heavy lifting for them. it may be part of the imagined war, imaged and told to us as a story, as the truth may be far worse. Or far better.

All we know is that the planet is dying, most aren't aware, as they are turned off, the clues are purposely obscured and hidden. Far too gone, Far too 'gamed', far too played out -to find their way to it.
    Last edited by Carmody; 5th June 2014 at 14:42.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

AutumnW (5th June 2014), birddog (6th June 2014), Cara (5th June 2014), CdnSirian (5th June 2014), Craig (5th June 2014), Fellow Aspirant (6th June 2014), Limor Wolf (7th June 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Just as I keep sayin, Y'all are gonna look back and laugh hysterically.... when ya learn "Who"...
    and "What"... you really are... yep!
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

AutumnW (5th June 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th June 2014), Shezbeth (6th June 2014), ulli (5th June 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Humanity is too diverse to be summed up so easily.
    There are vast differences in perception, due to the vast differences of experience offered.
    Weather conditions, gene pools, comforts, privileges
    I always see a spectrum, from black to white with billions of shades of grey.
    Some humans are dumb some of the time.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

AutumnW (5th June 2014), Becky (5th June 2014), Carmody (5th June 2014), CdnSirian (5th June 2014), Ellisa (6th June 2014), Jean-Marie (6th June 2014), Kryztian (5th June 2014), Limor Wolf (7th June 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th June 2014), Shezbeth (6th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Latti's Avatar
    Thanks

Do not be concerned! Contact with the universe will only become more frequently and with much more diversity of beings.

Some may retreat, but only because they have completed their mission or purpose for contact. Many more are waiting our call or readiness for the next stage in our progression.

Some of the interactions will be difficult, stressful and even terrifying for some, but long term earth and all it's inhabitants have a bright future.

I may not be here to experience the future that I refer to, but, if you are young, you have an amazing future.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Latti For This Post:

Amenjo (5th June 2014), AutumnW (5th June 2014), Jean-Marie (6th June 2014), Kryztian (5th June 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

We ARE ET. So self reflection is never a bad thing. Only growth can come of it.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

AutumnW (5th June 2014), Jean-Marie (6th June 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

order is not about structuring the sentience but accommodating the existing within the sentience.
    contact does not happen in one fatal landing and hand waving take me to your leader but over centuries of evolving of awareness. what one person sees as manipulation the other sees as a mouse being taught how to temper its intuition to bite the next hand that comes to it.
    every time one comes to take us up the next rung of the ladder, either we kill him or we cover the message with our counter intuition. life, the struggle of life, is moving beyond the instinct to bite the hand that comes to us, the mouse.
    now they are coming to us, one at a time, in different ways and faces, some are coming from love, some are coming from self interest. they are as diverse as we are, have struggled as we are struggling. the planet will continue with or without us. if we mess it up for ourselves, like a sick person, it will transition through the pain of the virus we can choose to be, kill the virus we can choose to be, and will green and clean itself again. it has happened before it will happen again. to think ourselves grand enough to stop the process.
    intelligence is not the key. the key is the rational ability to stabilize our natural instincts long enough to recognize that the fear/rage cycle we are so familiar with can be integrated, can be tamed, can in fact work in partnership with our rational selves. this happens and we simply open a door when we are ready. they walk through. i was lucky in that i was greeted, and am coming to terms with the reality that this is not something that can be grounded philosophically, or necessarily rationally. its not for anyone else. its for me. contact happens one on one. expect nothing else. to do so is to participate in the grandiosity that our society is using to justify continued use of fossil fuels and other technologies that harm for profit. you either will wake up to it or you will not. you are not special. you are not abnormal. you are just another link in a chain of very, very wonderful events that are what the universe is, has been, and will continue to be.
    everyone is indigenous.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Amenjo (5th June 2014), AutumnW (5th June 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th June 2014), Shezbeth (6th June 2014), Tyy1907 (6th June 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member birddog's Avatar
    Thanks

For many years we were conditioned to believe that there were no aliens, or at least none that could be found. The truth is that they have been here a long time....well, some of them. Others came later. They don't want to be 'known', and that's is why the U.S. won't admit to it, while other countries of the world will (admit to it).

I have seen aliens myself, many different otherworld beings, some appear to have some human heritage, and some not. I have traveled in space with them, and watched, as 'space' rose up and folded over like a carpet to shorten travel time, and we took off, and after awhile, went through a giant wormhole and to the other side of the universe, out to someplace in the 9th sector for a meeting with many other races of otherworld beings, and back home in one night. I have traveled with them many times. Not are they eons ahead of us in technology, but they think differently, too. The many different beings of different worlds work together in peace and cooperation for the highest good for all. This has been my experience with the beings that I belong to. I am human, and this is my home.

Not all aliens are like this. I have encountered some on Earth that have severe problems with nutrition. They are so terrorized with fear of becoming extinct that they are taking any means to survive. These are NOT beings that you want to encounter.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birddog For This Post:

AutumnW (5th June 2014), Tyy1907 (6th June 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,120 times in 2,678 posts

Tyson is just as blinkered and constrained by unsupported assumptions as those he criticizes... But he talks a good game.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Shezbeth (6th June 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Perhaps the issue is not one of intelligence at all.

If humanity were to express the wisdom to live in harmony with the planet and the other forms of life, perhaps he (as an individual) would not wonder about an ET presence. I'm quite the proponent of reason, but ultimately as a tool by which to develop wisdom not as an alternative to it. The intelligence to create gadgets is one thing, the intelligence to feed everyone and not need gadgets is another.

IMO, the intelligence of humanity today beautifully illustrates how clever the species is at finding new and innovative ways to place it's head further up its own arse. To that line of thinking, it is little wonder why there isn't greater ET participation except among those with an agenda to those with an agenda; of course, there are exceptions to this as well.

21. Link to Post #12
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

i hate that word Et's or Aliens, why we have a word for everything that out of our paradigm...they just beings or civilization just like us human on planet earth but more advance.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

birddog (6th June 2014)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

There is a saying...."It ain't over until the fat lady sings". Think positive. There is more than a silver lining above the clouds.
    Many worlds are watching. We must do our part, but, we are not alone.

Those in the universe think of Earth as a baby planet. "Baby" because of our evolvement in time. Our planet and its people should have been much further ahead in all levels of personal and spiritual growth and technology by now, and we are not near where we should be. I was told by my alien friends that it was greed that held us back. Just look around, and one can see how that is true. Hopefully, in time, we can turn this around and, as a planet and people, accelerate our growth towards taking our place in the galactic community.

I should say that, as a baby planet, other worlds are not suppose to trade with us in advanced technologies, as we could hurt ourselves or others. Because all of our world has not advanced spiritually, the ego is still running the show with some very powerful individuals regarding their way of thinking. This is how people get carried away with power and control issues. Once the ego has been overcome, as one spiritually advances, this is no longer the case as one makes decisions based on the highest good for all concerned. We will get there, but there may be a rough road to the finish.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to birddog For This Post:

Wind (6th June 2014)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Humans can be very arrogant, stupid, selfish, greedy species and capable of the most horrible actions and yet we are also magnificent creatures and capable of generating immense amounts of beauty and kindness in this beautiful world of us... But the current state of our species is wholly not our own doing.

The "ET's" are our mothers and fathers and they watched the humans with great concern and saw that other not so benevolent races and entities had been abusing us for far too long, they were afraid that this planet would be destroyed like Mars and Maldek. They were here in the past and left for some reason. After millenias they did what they could without breaking the law of free will, so they sent their guardians, sentinels and healers who had to go through the normal rebirth process and the veil of forgetfulness.

And now we are here, performing an inside job. Changing the system from within, but the question is... Is time still on our side and what will be the ultimate result? Does it really matter? I guess it does to some extent and I don't think that the dark forces are winning, it just looks so. In the ancient texts it was said that in these times the darkness and wickedness would be very prevalent and the common man would be weary of life... But before it would be too late, God (Source or call it what you want) would cleanse this world from darkness. We will gain contact with the benevolent races once again when we have lifted our collective consciousness enough, which is ought to happen in the near future.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

26. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

"i hate that word Et's or Aliens"

How about 'other world beings'?

27. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

i already dismissed us as unintelligent, i must be an ET lolllllllllllll - so they must find us unintelligent for sure.

28. Link to Post #17
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    i hate that word Et's or Aliens, why we have a word for everything that out of our paradigm...they just beings or civilization just like us human on planet earth but more advance.
    we stop using the word advanced.
    we start acclimatizing to the idea of a different way of looking at things.
    intelligence is not relative. it is simply used more or less frequently and effectively.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    i already dismissed us as unintelligent, i must be an ET lolllllllllllll - so they must find us unintelligent for sure.
    Lady woman child. I will Skype you shortly.

What if instead of unintelligent they just find us uninteresting, or are unable to relate to us because no matter how hard we try collectively, the vast majority of us simply refuse to evolve.

Yep, I said "refuse" to evolve.

Mwah.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Flash (7th June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread