+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SATIRE: All of Vaticans wealth will be distributed to the poor of the world!

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 times in 293 posts

Question SATIRE: All of Vaticans wealth will be distributed to the poor of the world!

if really true, this will be huge!

And also going according to the intel stating that current Pope is trying to appear as good before total disclosure of everything.

Quote The new board will begin implementing a global rollout of even distribution of Vaticans wealth in order to eradicate poverty, famine and war.
    http://shrturl.co/b2V59

--EDIT--
    Sadly it was too good to be true.
    Last edited by Arak; 6th June 2014 at 11:15.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arak For This Post:

ElfeMya (6th June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: SATIRE: All of Vaticans wealth will be distributed to the poor of the world!

Something is jiffy. Compare with the article on huffpo.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...p_ref=religion
    "Question everything"
    "Why?"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to miqeel For This Post:

Kryztian (6th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Default Re: SATIRE: All of Vaticans wealth will be distributed to the poor of the world!

ain't gonna happen... nope. cc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

boja (6th June 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Lightbulb Re: SATIRE: All of Vaticans wealth will be distributed to the poor of the world!

It's satire. It's fake.

It's Not real news.

It's a doctored version of a Huffington Post article.

Here's the Fake Story: http://shrturl.co/b2V59

Here's the Original Huffington Post Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...p_ref=religion

By the way, in the satire/fake news version, notice the two Pinocchios in the advert right next to the story.

Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 08:48.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Kryztian (6th June 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arak (here)

And also going according to the intel stating that current Pope is trying to appear as good before total disclosure of everything.

Quote The new board will begin implementing a global rollout of even distribution of Vaticans wealth in order to eradicate poverty, famine and war.
    Hi Arak,

How and where did you find this story, if you don't mind my asking?

10. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: SATIRE: All of Vaticans wealth will be distributed to the poor of the world!

I'd like to ask the Mods if they would change the title of this thread to indicate that this is satire.

Otherwise streams of people will continue to read it, thus wasting their time.

Lots of these fake news items are making the rounds here lately.
    Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 09:36.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

bodhii71 (6th June 2014), Calz (6th June 2014), Kryztian (6th June 2014), Sidney (6th June 2014), Tyy1907 (6th June 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I am sorry if it is fake. I had no idea as my friend posted to me. If fake, this thread can deleted as misleading.

13. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi Arak,

This story is a tricky one. You don't need to apologise to anyone. There are so many news outlets and so much info out there coming at us from every angle that it's easy to make mistakes.

We've all done it.

But it is satire.

It might be a good idea for the Mods to keep this thread, but to change the title so people know it's satire.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Arak (6th June 2014), Tyy1907 (6th June 2014)

15. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Quote Posted by Arak (here)

Bout time we had a pope like this one! Keep up the good work!

P.S. -- So this is a satire? How unfortunate.
    Last edited by Roisin; 6th June 2014 at 10:20.

16. Link to Post #10
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,648 times in 1,188 posts

If they were truly representatives of God the Vatican should have redistributed its immense wealth long ago. It would undoubtedly make a significant different to world poverty. Greed at its worst.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

Arak (6th June 2014), Roisin (6th June 2014)

18. Link to Post #11
    Ireland Avalon Member Snoweagle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,632 times in 1,021 posts

Are you kidding roflmao

The Holy See would rather endure a publicly televised colostomy in St Peters Square rather than return a silver shilling to anybody. The Swiss Bankers do not work like that.

19. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Very true for all of the other ones but this current Holy See seems to be a different animal all together because he's really trying to make things better in many, many ways. Having said this though -- this is not a case of "better late than never". The fact is.... it's too late.

20. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

If Pope believes even a bit to his own religion he should be very afraid. Very afraid.

Matthew 25:

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”
    Last edited by Arak; 6th June 2014 at 20:57. Reason: Copypaste error

+ Reply to Thread