+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Pinocchio's Parade: Satire, Parody & Fake News on Avalon

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Lightbulb Pinocchio's Parade: Satire, Parody & Fake News on Avalon

This thread is a space to collect all of the satire/parody/spoof and otherwise 'fake' news stories that we see circulating in our community as though they were real news stories.

I'm a big fan of satire and parody, as many of us are. But sometimes we miss the irony and read these stories as fact. With so much incredible information out there, and with language barriers and cultural differences, it can be very easy to miss irony.

But there’s something else at play as well. There seems to be a new breed of 'satire' making the rounds in the alternative media and on forums like ours that appears designed not to enlighten or to entertain, but to trick people.

In other words, some of this stuff isn't really satire or parody at all, in the strictest sense, but is almost a form of 'anti-parody' or ‘anti-satire,' i.e. it isn't designed to speak truth through irony (as satire does), but instead seems designed to muddy the waters- to find people's blind-spots in order to trick them.

So I'd like this thread to serve as a repository for all the fake and funny news stories that pass through Avalon- particularly the one’s that trick us. The aim of collecting them here isn't to highlight our collective gullibility or to make us all feel silly for making mistakes.

The goal is simply to start to identify some of the news outlets that produce this stuff- and to start to notice some trends. At the very least, it may give us all a good chuckle or three.

With that... ladies and gentlemen of Avalon, I give you Pinocchio’s Parade Rebooted: Satire, Parody & Fake News on Avalon
    Last edited by Curt; 18th January 2016 at 15:16.

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (6th June 2014), Arak (6th June 2014), Billy (6th June 2014), Calz (6th June 2014), ceetee9 (7th June 2014), Christine (6th June 2014), Craig (7th June 2014), DarMar (19th July 2014), Daughter of Time (6th June 2014), Delight (6th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), ElfeMya (7th June 2014), fourty-two (19th July 2014), Frank V (19th July 2014), Hazel (6th June 2014), Jake (6th June 2014), karelia (6th June 2014), mahalall (20th July 2014), Mercedes (6th June 2014), Mixteca (7th June 2014), Muzz (8th June 2014), Robin (6th June 2014), RunningDeer (25th November 2014), Shezbeth (7th June 2014), Sierra (6th June 2014), Sir Eltor (7th June 2014), soleil (6th June 2014), Strat (7th June 2014), ulli (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Default Re: Pinocchio's Parade: Satire, Parody & Fake News on Avalon

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (6th June 2014), aranuk (6th June 2014), ceetee9 (7th June 2014), Curt (18th January 2016), Daughter of Time (6th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), Frank V (19th July 2014), Hazel (6th June 2014), Sir Eltor (7th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Here's a story that's making the rounds at present.

It's a 'doctored' version of a Huffington Post article that makes it sound like the Vatican is going to give away all its assets to feed all the poor of the world. It's a satirical version of a real story.

Here's the spoof version of story: http://shrturl.co/b2V59

Here's the Original Huffington Post Story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...p_ref=religion

By the way... in the satire/fake news version, notice the two Pinocchios in the advert right next to the story.
    Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 13:12.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Calz (6th June 2014), DarMar (19th July 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), fourty-two (19th July 2014), Hazel (6th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Here's another joke news story that has recently made the rounds on Avalon.

It is a pretty tricky one, too. It's from WorldNewsDailyReport.com, a satire news site.

This story is a tricky one because it sounds so plausible.

But alas, the site is a spoof news site, which they clearly state on their website. Though, curiously, they do not mention they're satire on their facebook page.

The headline reads, Major Victory for Christian Marijuana Smokers in Canada.

Here's the link: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/majo...ers-in-canada/
    Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 11:34.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Calz (6th June 2014), DarMar (19th July 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), fourty-two (19th July 2014), Hazel (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by CurtisW (here)
    Here's another joke news story that has recently made the rounds on Avalon.

It is a pretty tricky one, too. It's from WorldNewsDailyReport.com, a satire news site.

This story is a tricky one because it sounds so plausible. But alas, the site is a spoof news site, which they clearly state on their website. Though, curiously, they do not mention they're satire on their facebook page.

The headline reads, Major Victory for Christian Marijuana Smokers in Canada.

Here's the link: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/majo...ers-in-canada/

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Curt (18th January 2016), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), Hazel (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Here's another joke news story from WorldNewsDailyReport.com

This one even fooled veteran researcher, Joseph P. Farrell until Paul brought it to his attention.

Again, with this particular satirical news site, the headlines and stories seem plausible at first glance- at least to those of us interested in alternative information.

This makes them especially tricky. It can be hard to tell they're satire.

But indeed they are satire.

The story was titled: Former Pope Warns of Vatican Alien Agenda.

It is most definitely not a real news story.

Here is a link to the story: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/form...-alien-agenda/
    Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 11:58.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Calz (6th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), Hazel (6th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Here's the disclaimer from the WorldNewsDailyReport.com website:

Disclaimer

World News Daily Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within worldnewsdailyreport.com are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental, except for all references to politicians and/or celebrities, in which case they are based on real people, but still based almost entirely in fiction.

And here's a link the disclaimer on their actual site: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/disclaimer/

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Calz (6th June 2014), DarMar (19th July 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), Hazel (6th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,946 times in 464 posts

Well!! I never!!!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Calz (6th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), mahalall (20th July 2014), Strat (7th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Love it, Curtis!

I occasionally make up a fake news story myself, post it on Faceboog, sit back and watch the fireworks. I have caught people several times, even though I usually end the fake story with such hyperbole or ridiculousness, that I think they are really guilty of reading a single (lead-in) paragraph and no further.

Still, to protect the guilty and gullible from embarrassment, I have taken to including a fake logo from a non-existent publication ("US News & World Retort") that sounds close to US News & World Report - but even that is not enough sometimes.

Attachment 25996

Dennis

{edit} Attachment seems to not work for everyone, so here is the same image:
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 6th June 2014 at 18:15.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Calz (6th June 2014), ceetee9 (7th June 2014), Curt (18th January 2016), DarMar (19th July 2014), Jake (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hey Dennis,

I'm glad you're on board with the idea, brother.

I tried to open the attachment you posted, but I got an error message.

Would love to see your work!

It read, 'Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator'.

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    Love it, Curtis!

I occasionally make up a fake news story myself, post it on Faceboog, sit back and watch the fireworks. I have caught people several times, even though I usually end the fake story with such hyperbole or ridiculousness, that I think they are really guilty of reading a single (lead-in) paragraph and no further.

Still, to protect the guilty and gullible from embarrassment, I have taken to including a fake logo from a non-existent publication ("US News & World Retort") that sounds close to US News & World Report - but even that is not enough sometimes.

Attachment 25996

Dennis
    Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 13:11.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,818 times in 21,552 posts

This one even fooled veteran researcher, Joseph P. Farrell until Paul brought it to his attention.

Again, with this particular satirical news site, the headlines and stories seem plausible at first glance- at least to those of us interested in alternative information.

To give credit where credit is due, it fooled me too, until you brought it to my attention .
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Billy (6th June 2014), ceetee9 (7th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), Jake (6th June 2014), PurpleLama (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,321 times in 10,234 posts

Here is a link to the story: http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/form...-alien-agenda/
    It didn't quite fool Joseph, as he's used to looking for such things, looking for the truth in the matter. In his original introduction to the data, and his posting of it on his website, he basically said, "IF the data turns out to be true...."
    Last edited by Carmody; 6th June 2014 at 15:32.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), Strat (7th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014), Wind (6th June 2014)

25. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

That's a good point.

Joseph wasn't relying upon this information to draw conslusions. It was potentially just another piece of the puzzle. And he did specifically address the fact he didn't know if it was reliable or not.

The takeaway point here is, I think, that this 'story' seemed credible enough to be taken as potentially serious by a veteran researcher with dozens of books and serious knowledge.

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

It didn't quite fool Joseph, as he's used to looking for such things, looking for the truth in the matter. In his original introduction to the data, and his posting of it on his website, he basically said, "IF the data turns out to be true...."

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Some of this stuff is so difficult to discern that we end up engaging the parts of people that are desperately looking for the single lie, the single mistake, the single hole... so they can dismiss the entire thing...and run.

In the same way the deeper animal inside of us looks thorough the millions of blades of safe grass, for the single one out of place and to make out the silhouette of the predator, just the single tiny hint....which is then used as the premise...to bolt, and run away.

This is the actual point that we engage in, in ourselves, in our body/mind, when analyzing difficult to understand or difficult to mentally negotiate data.

If the given author or person trying to show us the difficult and emotionally difficult data or situation..if, in that process and works...we find one flaw...we bolt. We sour and mistrust entirely, for the most part, as trust is yet to be established.

This potential and core way of mind/thought formation in humans, is very much used and manipulated via those who want secrets to remain secrets, those who want people to remain sheep, and asleep. One technique among many.

So they insert the falsehoods that are plausible into the system. they create the websites the stories, and so on. This appears to be the very premise of Sorcha Faal. falsehood data injection into the world space to be held up as lies.... to break people away from looking.

People's minds and how they form thoughts, how they think in difficult situations, this is being manipulated, in this exact way, for the purposes of misdirect and societal control.

I'm paraphrasing here, but those who have our trust are given multiple, multiple, multiple chances, before we believe that they have lied to us.

Conversely, those who are not known, have to do things correctly, IIRC, approximately 8 to 10 times before trust is begun to be established.

This is all happening under our conscious thought, underpinning our mind's formation of thoughts.

So....if those who wish to BREAK the establishment of trust, BEFORE it actually happens....all they have to do is finally score ONE solid point in establishing a point where the given person to be trusted - has made a mis-step. Then they drive that point home, working like hell to always bring it up, in any context, anywhere.

Thus the psyops people inject and create false backdrops of lies and fabrications, trying to blur the lines between truth and fiction, working like hell to trip up those who are trying to illustrate realities to those who are in need of being shown how they are being manipulated.

This is "internet psyops 101", as a play into and on people's minds and how they work. Taken straight from the elitist societal control playbooks of yore. These techniques are thousands of years old, and are still used in the internet age as they are so very effective.

For all of our technology, the monkey inside, how the gears work and move, that has not changed much, if at all.
    Last edited by Carmody; 6th June 2014 at 15:51.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

aranuk (6th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), mosquito (7th June 2014), PurpleLama (6th June 2014), Strat (7th June 2014), Tyy1907 (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

There you go, Paul, I just got that one, for about 5-10 minutes.

I had to come in via a search engine.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014)

31. Link to Post #16
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Me too. But I blame Carmody.

Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 16:05.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Carmody (6th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), PurpleLama (6th June 2014)

33. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I take these points very seriously. Nearly 100% agreed on all counts.

It doesn't take much to blow a wide gap in someone's credibility based on a single solitary 'mistake'.

And of course that is 'their' exact agenda.

Being aware of it helps.

I suppose it's a continuing struggle.

So be it.

Some of this stuff is so difficult to discern that we end up engaging the parts of people that are desperately looking for the single lie, the single mistake, the single hole... so they can dismiss the entire thing...and run.

In the same way the deeper animal inside of us looks thorough the millions of blades of safe grass, for the single one out of place and to make out the silhouette of the predator, just the single tiny hint....which is then used as the premise...to bolt, and run away.

This is the actual point that we engage in, in ourselves, in our body/mind, when analyzing difficult to understand or difficult to mentally negotiate data.

If the given author or person trying to show us the difficult and emotionally difficult data or situation..if, in that process and works...we find one flaw...we bolt. We sour and mistrust entirely, for the most part, as trust is yet to be established.

This potential and core way of mind/thought formation in humans, is very much used and manipulated via those who want secrets to remain secrets, those who want people to remain sheep, and asleep. One technique among many.

So they insert the falsehoods that are plausible into the system. they create the websites the stories, and so on. This appears to be the very premise of Sorcha Faal. falsehood data injection into the world space to be held up as lies.... to break people away from looking.

People's minds and how they form thoughts, how they think in difficult situations, this is being manipulated, in this exact way, for the purposes of misdirect and societal control.

I'm paraphrasing here, but those who have our trust are given multiple, multiple, multiple chances, before we believe that they have lied to us.

Conversely, those who are not known, have to do things correctly, IIRC, approximately 8 to 10 times before trust is begun to be established.

This is all happening under our conscious thought, underpinning our mind's formation of thoughts.

So....if those who wish to BREAK the establishment of trust, BEFORE it actually happens....all they have to do is finally score ONE solid point in establishing a point where the given person to be trusted - has made a mis-step. Then they drive that point home, working like hell to always bring it up, in any context, anywhere.

Thus the psyops people inject and create false backdrops of lies and fabrications, trying to blur the lines between truth and fiction, working like hell to trip up those who are trying to illustrate realities to those who are in need of being shown how they are being manipulated.

This is "internet psyops 101", as a play into and on people's minds and how they work. Taken straight from the elitist societal control playbooks of yore. These techniques are thousands of years old, and are still used in the internet age as they are so very effective.

For all of our technology, the monkey inside, how the gears work and move, that has not changed much, if at all.
    Last edited by Curt; 6th June 2014 at 16:06.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Carmody (6th June 2014), Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), PurpleLama (6th June 2014), william r sanford72 (7th June 2014)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Me too. But I blame Carmody.

it was my bad, I was sharing info on the GOZeus recovery info, I think we have an AI behind these attacks...

blew up an awesome post, I decided not to retype... for now...

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I've taken to highlighting all and then cutting, before I try to get it posted. An old precaution, but a good one. If it gets lost, I can then 'paste' the post back in, as I'm still holding onto it...

Also, my style of constantly re-editing, and adding bits in. this helps cut the given potential lost posts.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (6th June 2014), skyflower (10th June 2014)

38. Link to Post #20
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

I can play the lotto for a year and the one day I don't my numbers come up...

it always happens the times I don't take the precautions...

that's why that lil AI bugger knows when to hit...

yesterday I was invited to join a news broadcast in London on fracking and twitter communications were jammed between us... posts showed up hours later...

must be it heard my comment, we can still unplug the AI...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast