Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jim Carrey's Commencement Address at the 2014 MUM Graduation

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Default Re: Jim Carrey's Commencement Address at the 2014 MUM Graduation

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Jim Carrey has been raised Canadian, only in USA is gun power so pervasive, or in very deeply dicatorship countries for their militaries. Elsewhere in the world, guns are not the point and have no say. So he may be following his education biaises, as you are following yours promoting gun ownership.

Your comment here only shows to me and other Non Americans a cultural biais of yours. This never ever crossed my mind, the gun stuff, until you mentioned it, it is not part of my thinking, so I do not see it, no more than you see that the world over does not go around guns ownership (international forum here). So Jim is thinking against guns.... so what!
    My point in bringing forth his video is to show that Jim Carrey has propagated a stereotype of Texans, who are known for being pro-gun. I think that picking on any stereotype is crude, especially one as sensitive as this. Texans have a long history of defending themselves against tyranny, so the gun issue is very sensitive for them...and I understand.

I do NOT have a cultural bias. I do not have ANY biases, and especially an education bias, Flash. I was anti-gun until I realized what the agendas of the PTB are. Once I realized what really is going on in this world, only then did I start to have my current viewpoint concerning gun ownership. Before I was awake and aware...I just kept my opinion to myself.

One thing that I am proud of in the U.S. is that guns are indeed so pervasive. In fact, it's one of the few things that give me hope for this world. Don't you find it silly that in one state there are certain gun laws, and in other states there are different gun laws? Don't you find it silly that all countries hae different viewpoints concerning guns? They are man-made laws that divide people, when it is a universal right to have the capability of self-defense.

Gun ownership is NOT just a U.S. cultural battle. It is a universal right, and it is a world battle. Just because Canada is not heavily entrenched in the gun ownership battle does not mean that Canadians will be free from the ever-spreading tyranny. It affects us all.

U.S. Americans are extra sensitive on this issue because it is directly affecting us within our borders, and we will be the first to bear the brunt of the tyranny if they take guns away.

This is not a cultural bias, but rather a world-wide battle...and I sincerely hope that you understand this.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Flash (21st June 2014), genevieve (22nd June 2014), observer (20th November 2014), Ron Mauer Sr (21st June 2014), ZooLife (19th November 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Here's what Carrey said:

“Now fear is going to be a player in life, but you get to decide how much," Carrey told graduates. "You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about the pathway to the future, but all it will ever be is what’s happening here, the decisions in that we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear. So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach and ridiculous to expect, so we never dare to ask the universe for it."

So what he is saying is that our decisions are based on LOVE and fear but it is due to fear that we often times choose the practical and safe route instead of the more adventurist one because we are too afraid to shoot for the stars.

So the gist of that statement is... don't be afraid to shoot for the stars because with a little help from God/the Universe, you just might get what you're asking for. DO WHAT YOU LOVE!

That's sooooooo true. A very inspiring speech indeed!

Last edited by Roisin; 21st June 2014 at 16:21.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2014), Chester (21st June 2014), Delight (22nd June 2014), Flash (21st June 2014), greybeard (21st June 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), Wind (21st June 2014), Zampano (23rd November 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Chester's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,206 times in 5,691 posts

I saw a human being, doing his best. I heard many things I agreed with and liked the way he was able to state them in an original (to me at least) way.

Fortunately, I no longer have to put down others or measure myself against others to attempt to find a way to like who I am.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2014), DeDukshyn (21st June 2014), Delight (22nd June 2014), Flash (21st June 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), Roisin (21st June 2014), ZooLife (19th November 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    Jim Carrey has been raised Canadian, only in USA is gun power so pervasive, or in very deeply dicatorship countries for their militaries. Elsewhere in the world, guns are not the point and have no say. So he may be following his education biaises, as you are following yours promoting gun ownership.

Your comment here only shows to me and other Non Americans a cultural biais of yours. This never ever crossed my mind, the gun stuff, until you mentioned it, it is not part of my thinking, so I do not see it, no more than you see that the world over does not go around guns ownership (international forum here). So Jim is thinking against guns.... so what!
    My point in bringing forth his video is to show that Jim Carrey has propagated a stereotype of Texans, who are known for being pro-gun. I think that picking on any stereotype is crude, especially one as sensitive as this. Texans have a long history of defending themselves against tyranny, so the gun issue is very sensitive for them...and I understand.

I do NOT have a cultural bias. I do not have ANY biases, and especially an education bias, Flash. I was anti-gun until I realized what the agendas of the PTB are. Once I realized what really is going on in this world, only then did I start to have my current viewpoint concerning gun ownership. Before I was awake and aware...I just kept my opinion to myself.

One thing that I am proud of in the U.S. is that guns are indeed so pervasive. In fact, it's one of the few things that give me hope for this world. Don't you find it silly that in one state there are certain gun laws, and in other states there are different gun laws? Don't you find it silly that all countries hae different viewpoints concerning guns? They are man-made laws that divide people, when it is a universal right to have the capability of self-defense.

Gun ownership is NOT just a U.S. cultural battle. It is a universal right, and it is a world battle. Just because Canada is not heavily entrenched in the gun ownership battle does not mean that Canadians will be free from the ever-spreading tyranny. It affects us all.

U.S. Americans are extra sensitive on this issue because it is directly affecting us within our borders, and we will be the first to bear the brunt of the tyranny if they take guns away.

This is not a cultural bias, but rather a world-wide battle...and I sincerely hope that you understand this.
    I understand your point but do not share it. I rather think like the post below yours from Roisin stating part of Carrey's speech
    Quote “Now fear is going to be a player in life, but you get to decide how much," Carrey told graduates. "You can spend your whole life imagining ghosts, worrying about the pathway to the future, but all it will ever be is what’s happening here, the decisions in that we make in this moment, which are based in either love or fear. So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality. What we really want seems impossibly out of reach and ridiculous to expect, so we never dare to ask the universe for it."
    This is a divise the world over, you have no single idea how this violence oriented thinking of Americans is perceived abroad, you can't have if you do not go out of US for a good while. And how ingrained it seem to be. This forum members often promotes guns ownership and all, THIS IS AN AMERICAN CONVERSATION, not a world wide one. The only reason we have it on this forum is because you are 350 millions and overide most of the English speaking world, otherwise we would have the French views if they were 350 millions. This does not make it right or truth. And the rest of us do not care much about it, we are not thinking in that kind of Framework.

However, we do see what the US is doing with its guns the world over, in the name of fake democracy brainwashed on Americans. We also do see what this kind of thinking brings when one group is over shadowing others (all others here).

My take, take it or leave it , it does not matter, i will not change the American's views and their overly nationalistic attitude used to justify agression. We have seen this over and over again throughout history with other empires. From a great people only 50 years ago, that could have change the world for the better and did it for the developed fist world, USA became an agressor and is seen like this in the rest of the world at the same time that it is admired. Why, because USA now represents both, the creators and the agressors. The love and the fear creating. We do have to chose, the human race has to chose.

Well, my take, do what you want with it.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2014), Omni (23rd November 2014), Roisin (21st June 2014), transiten (20th November 2014)

9. Link to Post #25
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Its well off topic BUT!!
    Who asked USA or for that matter UK to be the policeman of the world?
    Jim Carrey has it right.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2014), Flash (21st June 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), Omni (23rd November 2014), Roisin (21st June 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Hmmm...I don't know how this conversation has gone the way it has. Nobody here wants the U.S. to police the world. Many U.S. Americans cannot stand the direction the country has been going in for so many decades.

The one and only point I wanted to make with my comments is that self-defense is the universal right for all humans, and if humans allow a corrupt, small group of people to have advanced weapons while the masses of people are weapon-less, then we have a serious problem. That is all I really want to say on the matter.

I'd love to have a violence-free world with no guns...but that is not our current reality. People need to wake up first and realize what the PTB are doing.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2014), Flash (21st June 2014), genevieve (22nd June 2014), Grizz Griswold (8th August 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), observer (20th November 2014), Roisin (21st June 2014), ZooLife (19th November 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Language
    English
    Thanks

FYI - I am a Texan. I didn't take it the way you did. I saw "cowboy" and the connotation behind that being someone who takes "the law into their own hands." I also saw this as an artistic statement... nothing more.

Where do I stand on gun control? I have no stand. I can only say this... being the son of someone who may very well have been an assassin for the Cabal... being an alcoholic, drug addict in recovery... having been in 13 different mental institutions (as well as 13 jails) and having inherited all sorts of guns from my dad who "died" when I was 21, the following thought came to me. "If I need a gun, we are all in trouble." That day I went and sold all the guns. Never owned one since. But this is my own choice for me and I have no opinion about what is right or not in this regard for anyone else. I would be lying if I did not say I felt safer with less (or no) guns. But still... I do not impose my opinion about that (nor the US Constitution) nor the debate "that was then and there weren't automatic weapons" and all the blabber that goes along with the debate.

My metaphysics protects me (well... that is also just my opinion). What happens to others (starting with my loved ones and friends) is all up to their own metaphysics (again my opinion). This is what I live by.
    All the above is all and only my opinion - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2014), Flash (21st June 2014), greybeard (21st June 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), Roisin (21st June 2014), Wind (21st June 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Hmmm...I don't know how this conversation has gone the way it has. Nobody here wants the U.S. to police the world. Many U.S. Americans cannot stand the direction the country has been going in for so many decades.

The one and only point I wanted to make with my comments is that self-defense is the universal right for all humans, and if humans allow a corrupt, small group of people to have advanced weapons while the masses of people are weapon-less, then we have a serious problem. That is all I really want to say on the matter.

I'd love to have a violence-free world with no guns...but that is not our current reality. People need to wake up first and realize what the PTB are doing.
    I respect your opinion. But America is the way it is because of the way it has been (and is) manipulated by a lying group of politicians and an in cahoots media along with the unadmitted to maliability of the average human in America.

With the "directed energy weaponry" technology most Avalonians are well aware of... guns or no guns are a debate meant to distract.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Grizz Griswold (8th August 2014)

17. Link to Post #29
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Its well off topic BUT!!
    Who asked USA or for that matter UK to be the policeman of the world?
    Jim Carrey has it right.

Chris
    And the answer to that is no one asked. But what does it matter if anyone asked? What is clear is that "they" think they can "steer" the world towards obtaining the goals of an agenda of a small group that sits relatively obscurely (though less so of late) behind these behemoths. And don't forget Israel in that lovely 3-some. But it is what it is, Chris. Perhaps if the masses of humans wake up enough and stop feeding the very monster then the agenda will have to adjust. Or perhaps even there may occur a true power shift. But it will never occur while pointing the fingers at what "they" want you to think is the bad guy while doing nothing about the very bad guy one sees when they look into the mirror.
    Last edited by Chester; 22nd June 2014 at 17:10.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Post:

Flash (21st June 2014), greybeard (21st June 2014), Grizz Griswold (8th August 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), Roisin (21st June 2014), Wind (21st June 2014)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member foreverfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 times in 528 posts

Brought a tear to my eye. Words to live by no matter who the presenter is.
    Last edited by foreverfan; 21st June 2014 at 20:47.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to foreverfan For This Post:

Camilo (21st June 2014), Chester (22nd June 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), Roisin (21st June 2014), Wind (21st June 2014)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,379 times in 5,725 posts

I heard a story that Jim Carrey made a story about what he wanted in his life many years ago. He would go sit on the hood of his car looking at LA's lights and feel himself living his dreams. He supposedly wrote a check to himself for 10 million dollars for 1995. In 1994 he had made 10 million dollars after the success of his "break out" movies like Ace Ventura. That to me shows he has intense imagination and focus.

That the "real" world is malleable and the fact that space is not empty but that there is very little matter as we call it is IMPORTANT. The significance of meditation is not who teaches it or the technique but that when we begin to experience ourselves beyond the material story, life will start looking different. What we once thought important will change.

To me Jim Carrey is absolutely fabulous and has has some awesome friends.....

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Camilo (20th November 2014), Chester (22nd June 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), transiten (20th November 2014)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

And not to forget that he helped his ex girl friend to get her son out of autism while she would hide her son' s problems to hollywood because nobody woul want to go out with her since her time was going to her som

He has shown in his private life who he truly is as well

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Camilo (20th November 2014), Chester (22nd June 2014), Delight (22nd June 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), transiten (20th November 2014)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,061 times in 906 posts

Default Ask the Universe!

Hi, today I received an email from a friend, a video of Jim Carrey giving a Graduation Speech at the Maharishi University, a very profound inspiring talk!

http://omeleto.com/199433/

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deega For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (19th November 2014), Camilo (20th November 2014), justntime2learn (19th November 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), poetbil (19th November 2014), transiten (20th November 2014)

27. Link to Post #34
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,612 times in 21,525 posts

Default Re: Ask the Universe!

Quote Posted by Deega (here)
    Hi, today I received an email from a friend, a video of Jim Carrey giving a Graduation Speech at the Maharishi University, a very profound inspiring talk!
    I merged this in with the existing thread, and removed the no longer relevant posts discussing just such a merge.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Chester (19th November 2014), Deega (19th November 2014), Krist (20th November 2014), Shezbeth (20th November 2014), transiten (20th November 2014)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,075 times in 1,638 posts

Default Re: Ask the Universe!

Quote Posted by Deega (here)

http://omeleto.com/199433/
    "Swing low sweet chariot
    Coming for to Carrey me home"

30. The Following User Says Thank You to transiten For This Post:

Krist (20th November 2014)

31. Link to Post #36
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

"....Nobody here wants the U.S. to police the world."
    [....snip]
    "....I'd love to have a violence-free world with no guns...but that is not our current reality. People need to wake up first and realize what the PTB are doing." - emphasis by observer.
    The evidence is crystal clear:

Since the Dawn of Man this planet has been covertly directed by an hyperdimensional race of entities. These interlopers have been racing toward one - and only one - goal: "A Break-Away Civilization".

The design purpose for human existence has been solely for the creation of this Break-Away Civilization as a tool to facilitate the escape from this universe for those interloping hyperdimensional entities.
    • Globalization is a key ingredient in the creation of this Break-Away Civilization.
    • Disarming the population is a function of Globalization.

I'm not making this up, friends. Try to see the Big Picture. The evidence is abundant....

As for Jim Carrey's speech, I'm not impressed with any group of people who feel the need to dress themselves up in pompous regalia in an attempt to demonstrate their superiority to those to whom they are speaking.

I would have been more impressed had Mr. Carrey dressed himself up as a clown. This would have been a much more accurate representation of who he actually is....

Quote "....I thought you wanted what I want, sorry my dear.

But where are the clowns.... Send in the clowns.... Don't bother, they're here...." - Judy Collins.
    Last edited by observer; 20th November 2014 at 17:39. Reason: Add Text

32. Link to Post #37
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

But where are the clowns.... Send in the clowns.... Don't bother, they're here...."
    - Judy Collins.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Akasha (20th November 2014), Camilo (20th November 2014), observer (20th November 2014)

34. Link to Post #38
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,178 times in 1,466 posts

Quote Posted by Shadowself (here)
    But where are the clowns.... Send in the clowns.... Don't bother, they're here...."
    - Judy Collins.

Yes Shadowself !!! Just as I said, "they're already here".

The clever juxtaposition of the real symbols used by the global controllers into a mocked cartoon of those symbols, and then making an obvious condescending joke out of how that control works - with the designed intention of causing the viewer to walk-away believing the entire rant is a joke, is a very clever way of controlling the Mass Consciousness.

It all only becomes an obvious template when one can see all the dots....

Thank you for this documentation of exactly what I was pointing-out in the earlier part of my comment #36

Make a Big Joke about the symbolism on national TV, that will distract them for a while....
    Last edited by observer; 20th November 2014 at 18:49.

35. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

what's sad is making fun , while earning another 20 or 30 million for acting silly ...go see my film , laugh it up ... the world is on the verge of WW3 , and he makes jokes about something that is very real and very serious ... people trapped in MK ultra , people believe governments look out for them , and there is no hidden agenda to depopulate the world ... why make anymore movies , aren't you rich enough ??? go live your life ... no wait , one can never get too much attention or make too much money , after all he who dies in a nuclear war with the most money and trinkets wins the game right ... If I had his platform , every movie I made would be to inform the public , expose the darkness , and tickets would be five bucks , and all the profits would go to feed the hungry and house the homeless ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

observer (23rd November 2014), Shezbeth (23rd November 2014)

37. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,393 times in 3,448 posts

I feel it should be a right for a person to have a gun(s) on their own property. I would never have a gun because I have had my body controlled via technology and feel it would be too easy for them to kill me if I had a gun.

However... My friend had a gun for self defense, and when someone attacked him on his property(a roommate), he shot them, and got prison time... He is now out and married and has a daughter. But it was a dark time in his life I'm sure.. I'm not sure the gun did him much justice...

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

ulli (23rd November 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast