+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast

Thread: Do Americans deserve the Trouble Flowing their way?

1. Link to Post #1
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 times in 505 posts

Default Do Americans deserve the Trouble Flowing their way?

Why (some) Americans deserve the Troubles now flowing to them

(Will try to change the original provocative Headline)

I'll make my point in one chart:
    RETAIL SHOPPING SPACE per capita- Comparison

Taken from here: (7 minutes in):

Another look

My fellow, Americans...
    Despite what Bush-the-Lesser told you: You cannot shop your way to prosperity.
    For a brief time, when Greenie had the banks handing out almost-free money to all and sundry, and people could use their homes as an ATM - Many believed they could shop-to-prosperity, and acted as if they could.

The long term consequences of this grave error, are now coming Home to Roost.

Phase Two will be when the US Dollar crashes, and everything imported, and most things that can be exported, will show huge price increases. That is when living standards in the US will really crash.

I used to post warnings on many chatboards like this a decade ago. Now many people who did not listen can tell you how it works from their own hard life experience.

I am not happy to see hardship or poverty, of course. But if it does WAKE PEOPLE UP, there just might be a silver lining... If and when Americans do awaken, and take back their country from those who are stealing it from them, they can remake their economy to something that is more resilient, more entrepreneurial.

= RANT OVER =
    Last edited by GuyFox; 10th June 2014 at 12:56.

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Thumbs down Re: Do Americans deserve the Trouble Flowing their way?

hope that ex patriot thing works out for you dude ...

PS as a fellow member i find your thread title offensive.

Thank You For Changing The Original Thread Title
    Last edited by giovonni; 10th June 2014 at 20:02.

3. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member jerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,619 times in 696 posts

Default Re: Do Americans deserve the Trouble Flowing their way?

Brother John always has great insight within his commentary .
    Last edited by jerry; 10th June 2014 at 11:45.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jerry For This Post:

GuyFox (10th June 2014)

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 times in 365 posts

If karma is an operative principle in the universe, then we all get what we deserve. If part of that principle is compassion, then you might want to apply some in your posts.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hawkwind For This Post:

Curt (10th June 2014), giovonni (11th June 2014), GuyFox (10th June 2014), Jake (10th June 2014), mountain_jim (15th June 2014), Strat (10th June 2014), Sunny-side-up (11th June 2014), unearth9 (10th June 2014)

7. Link to Post #5
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by giovonni (here)
    hope that ex patriot thing works out for you dude ...

PS as a fellow member i find your thread title offensive
    Sure. It is intentionally provocative, and I was thinking about changing it.
    I agreed with Dr Miller's comment, which he heard in Mexico from Europeans:

"Most Americans are: Ill-informed, under-educated, and complacent."

... and I would add to that: "Asleep, to the reality of the present world."

Hows that all "Superior attitude towards the rest of the World" going to work out, do you suppose ???
    I want you to know, as the worm turns, we are likely to see a very harsh reordering from "overseas" - and I am already hearing quite a bit of the inevitable "pushback" against American arrogance where I live. And I think you would hear the same from other American expatriates. I don't like people dumping on me for crazy hyper-materialism, and imperialist behavior I have long opposed.

BTW, Don't you think it is time that arm-chair patriots Put-PAID to the myth of American Exceptionalism?
    It is terribly out of date, as this video shows well:

Can you tell us in One Sentence why America is the Greatest Country in the World?

#1 : Diversity, and Opportunity
    #2 : Freedom, and Freedom
    #3 : The New York Jets
    (Sign) : It's NOT !
    (Watch the Video, to hear the rest)

G.,
    Why not try engaging the actual POINTS that I made in my post, rather than reacting to the superficial aspects? The superficial reaction is ... well, so typically American, I think. That is all you ever see on the dumbed-down media. And, yes, I am now at war now with the MSM, and two party politics... for very good reasons: They have ruined a once-great country !
    Last edited by GuyFox; 10th June 2014 at 13:00.

8. Link to Post #6
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hawkwind (here)
    If karma is an operative principle in the universe, then we all get what we deserve. If part of that principle is compassion, then you might want to apply some in your posts.
    my karma is great.
    There's nothing wrong with Tough Love, which is in short supply in America right now.

Just as the Road to 'Ell is paved with good intentions,
    so too is :
    The Pathway to Third World status paved with soft-hearted Political Correctness.

Think about it... clearly.
    Last edited by GuyFox; 10th June 2014 at 12:23.

9. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Well, I think you'd be better off posting this somewhere else because you're not saying anything that anyone doesn't already know and you're doing it in an off putting fashion. Keep in mind you're posting this on Avalon. If you ever call out any American you may as well call me out. Please be specific with who you call out. I'm not challenging you or puffing my chest out or anything it's just that we can work together if our ideologies are inline.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

crosby (12th June 2014), fourty-two (12th June 2014), jagman (11th June 2014), Jake (10th June 2014), jsb_swampfox (11th June 2014), Krist (11th June 2014), Nasu (10th June 2014), scarletfire (11th June 2014), shadowstalker (11th June 2014), sheme (10th June 2014), Sunny-side-up (11th June 2014), Tommy (10th June 2014)

11. Link to Post #8
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Well, I think you'd be better off posting this somewhere else because you're not saying anything that anyone doesn't already know and you're doing it in an off putting fashion. Keep in mind you're posting this on Avalon. If you ever call out any American you may as well call me out. Please be specific with who you call out. I'm not challenging you or puffing my chest out or anything it's just that we can work together if our ideologies are inline.
    I'm open to suggestions, Strat.
    How would you deliver the message that America has SHOPPED its way into the poorhouse,
    and needs to wake up, and raise its game (before it is too late) ?

I LOVE your photo, btw.
    I think it is so very true than many Americans have shot themselves in the foot, and in the head by over-consuming gasoline. (IF, indeed, that is the point you are making.)

The consumption thing got way out of hand over the last 3-4 decades, I think. it left many people in huge homes, surrounded by things they did not need, driving long distances... And deeply in Debt.
    Last edited by GuyFox; 10th June 2014 at 12:34.

12. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,349 times in 2,716 posts

America is an abstract concept, a magically created entity, a faith-based system. The only reason that "it" seems bigger than the sum of its parts is that we give it power, speaking in generalities like this.

America can't "do" anything. Individuals making decisions hide behind this psychopathic tulpa. Stop giving your energy to this vampire, and those that like to give it power and nostalgic "greatness"

13. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Quote Posted by GuyFox (here)

How would you deliver the message that America has SHOPPED its way into the poorhouse,
    First realize that the smartest people to walk this Earth would readily admit that they hardly scratched the surface of how the gears of life mesh. Then realize I may not be as smart as I think I am.

To answer your question: Lead by example.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

crosby (12th June 2014), GuyFox (10th June 2014), Hawkwind (10th June 2014), Jake (10th June 2014), Krist (11th June 2014), risveglio (11th June 2014), Tommy (10th June 2014)

15. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

I agree with GuyFox. Too many want to keep on with their lives and not take any responsibility. Just because most of the s**t we read about isn't happening in your little corner of the world does not remove your responsibility! Some people take such offense to truth. Well, I for one think it's about time for some hard truth and some honest speaking!! Guess what, YOUR/MY personal daily decisions are what caused this freakshow. You know, all that cheap plastic crap from China you bought in Malwart. In case you haven't noticed, our runaway materialistic pursuits are destroying the planet's ability to sustain our lives and we are in a constant state of war, and not just on the battlefield. And guess what else? AMERICANS are mostly to blame for it!!!!!! We are the laziest, dumbest, sickest, most violent, most easily manipulated people on the planet. And here before too long, if we keep up this raging stupidity, the rest of the world is going to get together and give us the ass-whipping of a lifetime!
    So, yeah, we need to be able to look at the facts and own up to the fact WE HAVE FAILED. All of us!! Only when we are able to accept this will we make the changes necessary to do something different. So, as an American, I am not offended GuyFox. Americans need tough love more than anything right now!

Matt
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

alh02 (11th June 2014), Carmen (11th June 2014), Cipher (10th June 2014), Deega (10th June 2014), GuyFox (10th June 2014), Lefty Dave (11th June 2014), mosquito (11th June 2014), Pam (11th June 2014), seko (12th June 2014), sheme (10th June 2014), Shezbeth (10th June 2014), spiritguide (10th June 2014)

17. Link to Post #12
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by donk (here)
    America is an abstract concept, a magically created entity, a faith-based system. The only reason that "it" seems bigger than the sum of its parts is that we give it power, speaking in generalities like this.

America can't "do" anything. Individuals making decisions hide behind this psychopathic tulpa. Stop giving your energy to this vampire, and those that like to give it power and nostalgic "greatness"
    Okay.
    Do you think it is constructive to have that sort of "puffed up" self-image any longer?
    You talk about "this vampire", so probably you agree, it is time to drive a stake through the heart of that dangerous beast.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Quote Posted by GuyFox (here)

First realize that the smartest people to walk this Earth would readily admit that they hardly scratched the surface of how the gears of life mesh. Then realize I may not be as smart as I think I am.

To answer your question: Lead by example.
    Sure. And I do. Believe me.
    How would you behave, if you were halfway around the world from a country that looked like a ticking time bomb, and the only way you thought you could contribute to defusing it, was by making provocative web posts?
    (I know it sounds crazy perhaps, but it seems like : If I do not risk offending someone, my posts will get ignored, or lead to such a mamby-pamby predictable thread, it won't be worth reading. Hate to say it, but there are quite a number of those on P-A, and most other chatboards.)
    Last edited by GuyFox; 10th June 2014 at 13:08.

18. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,020 times in 927 posts

This could be a thread all to itself. Hmmm, showing compassion to a bully. How does that usually work out?
    Actually, the USA isn't just a neighborhood bully. The US, as it projects itself currently, is the 800 pound gorilla that is stomping through the neighborhood, smashing everything in it's path, crapping and peeing in it's own house, throwing it's toxic waste into other peoples' yards, cutting down all the neighborhood trees for it's shelter, contaminating everyone else's water, air and food with it's chemical waste AND prancing around acting like it's the most beautiful and god-like creature on the face of the planet. All the while, there are 300 million brain-dead zombies standing behind it that COULD stop him if they wanted but they don't because they're too offended and scared. So, if you're one of the neighbors and you see this gorilla coming towards YOUR home and property, do you sit down and sing a song and send compassion and love towards him? It's been my experience that bullies are empowered by fear. Or do you get out the shotgun, load both barrels, and tell that stinking hairball if he steps one foot on your property it'll be the last step he takes? Which approach do you think gets that gorilla to turn around and think about his actions?
    Fear is simply a consequence of a lack of information.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matt P For This Post:

GuyFox (10th June 2014), mosquito (11th June 2014), Pam (11th June 2014), Shezbeth (10th June 2014), spiritguide (10th June 2014)

20. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Just a general note:

Please cease dragging the forum down via working to get past the spell checker,and 'swear' on the forum. Spitting hard emotions at others is not productive when it comes to trying to get people to think. All it is is a form of venting. Which will generate less of what one is trying to generate: communications and connections. Ie, it is counterproductive.

The data is difficult enough to navigate without bringing such things into the situation.

I mention this.... as I see it now, even in the title of a thread.

Thank you.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Belle (10th June 2014), Blacklight43 (10th June 2014), Jake (10th June 2014), Matt P (10th June 2014), PurpleLama (10th June 2014), skyflower (10th June 2014), ThePythonicCow (10th June 2014), Tommy (10th June 2014), ulli (11th June 2014)

22. Link to Post #15
    Taiwan Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    ...AMERICANS are mostly to blame for it!!!!!! We are the laziest, dumbest, sickest, most violent, most easily manipulated people on the planet. And here before too long, if we keep up this raging stupidity, the rest of the world is going to get together and give us the ass-whipping of a lifetime!
    . . .
    Matt
    Thanks, Matt.
    To me, sitting in Hong Kong, I do see some signs that the pushback may have started already.
    So far, they still seem to like (or easily tolerate) individual Americans - but I am hearing increasingly negative comments about what our Country is doing.
    Apparently, the Chinese language press is publishing very critical comments about how America is behaving in the Ukraine, and the South China Sea.
    You won't hear any of this in the corporate-controlled US Media.

I think most Chinese think there is no longer much reason to link the HK Dollar to the US Dollar, except that keeping the Peg seems like it enhances stability, but only so long as the USD does not start crashing, then I think they will be quick to switch to another peg: Gold, Rmb, or something else. When the Peg goes, there will be a big downwards shift of US prestige in Asia, I expect.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by mpennery (here)
    This could be a thread all to itself. Hmmm, showing compassion to a bully. How does that usually work out?
    Actually, the USA isn't just a neighborhood bully. The US, as it projects itself currently, is the 800 pound gorilla that is stomping through the neighborhood, smashing everything in it's path, crapping and peeing in it's own house, throwing it's toxic waste into other peoples' yards, cutting down all the neighborhood trees for it's shelter, contaminating everyone else's water, air and food with it's chemical waste AND prancing around acting like it's the most beautiful and god-like creature on the face of the planet. All the while, there are 300 million brain-dead zombies standing behind it that COULD stop him if they wanted but they don't because they're too offended and scared. So, if you're one of the neighbors and you see this gorilla coming towards YOUR home and property, do you sit down and sing a song and send compassion and love towards him? It's been my experience that bullies are empowered by fear. Or do you get out the shotgun, load both barrels, and tell that stinking hairball if he steps one foot on your property it'll be the last step he takes? Which approach do you think gets that gorilla to turn around and think about his actions?
    A powerful image... that many foreign countries might see as an expression of reality.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Just a general note:

Please cease dragging the forum down via working to get past the spell checker,and 'swear' on the forum. Spitting hard emotions at others is not productive when it comes to trying to get people to think. All it is is a form of venting. Which will generate less of what one is trying to generate: communications and connections. Ie, it is counterproductive.

The data is difficult enough to navigate without bringing such things into the situation.

I mention this.... as I see it now, even in the title of a thread.

Thank you.
    I am sure you mean well, Carmody.
    But I don't see how your post advances the discussion here.
    I have already changed the title - as was suggested by an early poster.
    It seems not to show up, but if one of the Mods can change it, then great !

23. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member GoldenWaters's Avatar
    Tuaran,Sabah, Malaysia- North Borneo Island
    Thanks

I think you really need to rename your title its very insulting to me, even though I agree on much of what you said the title is mis-leading, first thing I don't deserve the **** non Americans accuse us of, they assume its Americans when they fail to see who is the real culprit, for sure someone is destroying everything and its not only in the world,but in America as well, so I guess we could say it's the doings of the Globalists who are trying to take down the world everywhere for their own greed and gains, who suffers? The people who they also manipulate and steal everything they work so hard on..It's not fair to blame Americans for this crisis, it seems everything is America's fault, if we sit back and watch China take over Asia we be the bad guys not helping save them, if we go and help we are still the bad guys, its always Americans fault, before you go off and spat on innocence you better take a good look at your own country and political leaders, rest assure they play a strong role in the worlds collapse, its not fair to point fingers to nationalities when most us THE PEOPLE of the world are victims of the corporates and Politicians games. They are the mafia's,gangsters,rapers,molesters and killers of the world, they have all the money to do so and they are doing it to us now..So please before you point outwards do some inward checking as well ..Keep the good work up just be wise how you title things...Peace.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoldenWaters For This Post:

giovonni (10th June 2014), Grizz Griswold (10th June 2014), GuyFox (12th June 2014), Jake (10th June 2014)

25. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member GoldenWaters's Avatar
    Tuaran,Sabah, Malaysia- North Borneo Island
    Thanks

I failed to mention I dont trust gold or silver currency as well, even though its good to barter with I think my fruit orchard has a higher value because you cant eat coins or gold and silver bars but you can with fruits, I spend nearly a whole day into early evening making sure they are healthy and clean as I dont want to sell rotten fruits. So you have 5 apples for my 2 oranges we can trade, otherwise try a non-organic brand down the road, or even cheaper you can get GMO products, I am fine with my fruits and vegetables.another note, only 1 time in my life I had a bank account and when they stole my last check I never ever used the crooks again, what people don't know is that their money is nearly gone even if their books say they are rich, when the SHTF they wont get one red cent, than what are they going to do? I always encourage folks to grow fruit trees because you need some form of income when money is gone...Thank You
    ..Peace

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoldenWaters For This Post:

giovonni (10th June 2014), GuyFox (12th June 2014), Lefty Dave (11th June 2014), spiritguide (10th June 2014), ulli (11th June 2014)

27. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Good morning, all!

Hello Guyfox! Mod hat on, brother... I can see that you cannot discourse without insulting and/or attacking people.

Whatever truth you may be spewing is lost to your filthy attitude and insisting on atacks and insults.

Folks,, Guyfox needs our help to understand that Avalon is not a place where we disrespect one another.

Guyfox... Do you see how that works??? Your approach to the truth is repulsive and puts everyone off...

I know that you have the ability to craft your words in a way that inspires intelligent debate. Please, adopt a more mature attitude towards people, or find another group of people to insult!!

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

Billy (10th June 2014), giovonni (10th June 2014), Krist (11th June 2014), risveglio (11th June 2014), RunningDeer (11th June 2014), Sebastion (10th June 2014), Sidney (10th June 2014), Sunny-side-up (11th June 2014), ThePythonicCow (10th June 2014), Tommy (10th June 2014), wnlight (11th June 2014)

29. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Quote Posted by donk (here)

I see America from the outside even if I, in fact, I live on the American continent. Lets put it that way, even the continent name has been taken by USA citizens as being theirs only - if we talk about tulpa!!!! here we are. Canadians are not Americans????? Central and South Americans are not Americans????

Ok, now, from the outside, with plenty of contacts overseas (Europe and the other American countries), America has power in the world, lots of it, and we cannot shut our eyes on it. When Obama decide to bombard Lybia, Lybian get the bomb on their heads, not Americans. When Bush decide to bombard Irak on premises that are lies told to Americans, it is the Iraquis that gets the bombs on their heads, not the Americans.

When America decides not to follow the Free Trade Agreements with their counterparts, namely Canada, it is the Canadian wood industry that pays for it and the Canadians citizens, not the Americans.

Name it, you have 70 years minimum of this going on and WE, THE REST OF THE WORLD, cannot close our eyes to it.

And yes, Americans are ill informed, uneducated - when compared with the rest of the industrialized world, and totally brainwashed on the average - even if it is not the case of Avalonians Americans, we are here a tiny drop in the huge bucket. What we live with is the huge American bucket.

I love the American people, they are innocent as far as brainwashing is an excuse, and laid back. Until the s h i tt hits the fan, laid back they will remain. Malheureusement.
    Last edited by Flash; 10th June 2014 at 14:22.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

GaelVictor (10th June 2014), GuyFox (12th June 2014), seko (12th June 2014), spiritguide (10th June 2014)

31. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,319 times in 10,234 posts

Jim Carrey commencement speech (from another thread):

Some of the best lines: ""I have often said that I wish people could realize all their dreams and wealth and fame, so that they could see it is not where you are going to find your sense of completion"
    "Like many of you, I was concerned about going out into the world and doing something bigger than myself, until someone smarter than myself made me realize that there is nothing bigger than myself"
    "No matter what you gain your ego will never lets you rest. It will tell you do not rest until you left an indelible mark on the earth. Until you have achieved immortality. How tricky is this ego that it would tempt us with the promise of something we already possess!!"

Which is why we have a need to gather all the 'brothers' into a clan, with secretive signs, etc..... Those pesky blind spots.......
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

conk (10th June 2014), Flash (10th June 2014), Lifebringer (10th June 2014), PurpleLama (10th June 2014), ulli (11th June 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 5 LastLast